Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. (26432 Views)

How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS / Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn / INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by Johnnyessence(m): 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2014
For those that have either relocated or wish to vote in a different state outside their resident state:

A person who relocated to another place, outside the constituency in which he registered cannot vote in his new location unless he transfers his registration.

Section 13 of the Electoral Act 2010 as Amended provides for Transfer of Registered Voters.

Procedure for Transfer:-
– Step 1-
-The person who intends to transfer his registration will write an application to INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner of the State where he is currently residing.
– Step 2-
-The applicant will attach his voters card to the application.
– Step 3-
-The applicant must apply to the Resident Electoral Commissioner not later than 30 days before the date of an election in the constituency where he is residing.
-Step 4
-The Resident Electoral Commissioner will direct the Electoral Officer of the applicants Local Government Area to enter his name in the transferred voters list.
-Step 5-
-The Electoral Officer will assign the applicant to a polling unit in his constituency.
– Step 6-
-The Electoral Officer will issue the applicant with a new voters card.
– Step 7-
-The Electoral officer will retrieve the applicants previous voters card.
– Step 8-
-He will then send a copy of the entry to the Electoral officer of theconstituency where the person whose name has been so entered was originally registered.
– Step 9-
– Upon receipt of this entry, that Electoral Officer shall delete the name from his voters list.

-Note- Apart from State Headquarters Offices of INEC, applicants canalso submit their applications at the INEC Office in their Local Government Areas.

The applications will be forwarded to the Resident Electoral Commissioner for necessary action.
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=201587

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by Johnnyessence(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
its very important we get PVC oooooooo.we need to get it fast ooooo.transfer it from one state to d state of ur residence. like me av get mine.
Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by ogaofficer(m): 11:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
God bless jega jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by smudge2079(m): 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
U mean i should go thru all dose stress just because of voters card When d vote won't even count.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by KHAYGOLD(m): 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2014
Not good enough, but if INEC tries anything funny to favour PDP or any other political party, there could be disaster and Nigeria may cease to exist. INEC had better organize a free and fair election or else.......

4 Likes

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by seedorfg(m): 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
pvc na koko, expecially to remove gej from aso rock . . .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by lekhane(m): 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
This shows how under-developed we are as a nation
So please how long will this process last and how efficient knowing how lazy our civil servants can be

12 Likes

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by lanxlot(m): 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
undecided undecided Eheh!! 9 steps wen m nt even sure weda Or nt My vote wud count.

op, what about dox dat wants to sell deir voters card sum pple wunt mind going through 12 steps.

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by kindnyce(m): 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
HOPE IT IS NOT ANOTHER WAY OF ELECTORAL FRAUD CAREFULLY HATCHED BY PDP........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by Buchukwu: 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
I no dey vote anything. Buhari ko GEJ ni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by simplemach(m): 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
This is goodnews for all those running and those planning to run to their villages for the elections. Atleast they can vote in the village.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by femi1410(m): 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
Noted
Get your PVC pls
TOGETHER, LET US VOTE OUT 'STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION' ACTIVIST
And let us all Vote massively For GENERAL BUHARI MUHAMMADU.

27 Likes

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
Thanks.
Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by stanisbaratheon: 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
all these just to cast one vote??

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by brainzdh(m): 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
Why all these wahala? I'll jst register for a new one jare

6 Likes

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by adebisiema(m): 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
Av got to get mine sharparly
Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by toscotech(m): 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
I need to do this fast

Gej till internity
Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by Abee79(m): 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
Thanks for the info cool

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by phransix147(m): 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hope this is not a way those thieves called PDP has deviced to steal votes oh... Whether the devil likes it or not GEJ must be reporting Live from Otueke and no more Aso rock come 2015.

Sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by phaoxy(m): 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
[b][/b]Na dem sabi.....Election day na holiday 4 most Nigerians.... As 4 me BUHARI[b] 2015.

1 Like

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by JustME7(m): 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
the step is too long joor

3 Likes

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by siegfried99(m): 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
U can imagine all this procedure just to get what's constitutionally my right.!?

What a country? undecided

Getting Voters card should be hitch free. ..haba

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by lordnammy(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
Can it be done online?

3 Likes

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by buzzcypha(m): 11:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
Haba the steps are tooo lenghty oo, vote gen buhari for security, orderliness and discipline. Vote for change.
Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by buzzcypha(m): 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
buzzcypha:
Haba the steps are tooo lenghty oo, vote gen buhari for security, orderliness and discipline. Vote for change.
Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by thefakestan: 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
I don't have Yet,
Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by kendraloops(f): 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
I registered back in Minna when i was schooling there. i can't possibly go there to collect my PVC. do i register for a new one or what?
Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by femmysin(m): 11:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
Pls go tru d stress now so u won't go tru worst stress if Jonathan remain in power... Vote for change.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by dollarsplenty(m): 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
INEC porting
Re: 9 Steps On How To Transfer Your Voter Registration To Another State. by Topiipii(m): 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
What a big lie! I can assure you that the electoral officer in Ado-Odo/Ota LGA of Ogun State has not been to his office even for a day in December despite the hundreds of voters who have been there to have their registration transferred. INEC's rude staff there is not making matters easy to bear; save for a few polite ones, the whole lot attend to voters like they're doing us a favour.
The procedure is not as difficult as it sounds, just type a letter (I was told it must be typewritten) to the Resident Electoral Commissioner of the state you're transferring to and make a photocopy (front and back) of your PVC, you'll be given a form at the INEC office which will be filled and submitted with your application and that's all.

P.S: Whoever has Jega's official email address should please provide me with it, I need to make an official complaint.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, Obasanjo, Jonathan Are Colonial Masters, Says Bakare / How NNPC Act, BPP Contract Clause Frustrated Kachikwu’s Bid To Micro-manage Baru / Oyetola Condemns Physical Examination Of Cargoes By Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.