Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,781 members, 7,806,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas (893 Views)

Christmas Not Of Christ But Of Baal Worship! / Why Christians Should Celebrate Christmas.not For Athiest. / Christmas: Not Of Christ, But Baal Worship! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas by thunder74(m): 6:43am On Dec 23, 2014
I have seen and heard people greet one another during this season through text messages, advert, posters etc by saying Merry Xmas and was wondering how and where they got 'X' from because X is not in Christ alphabets and Christ's name does not sound X when pronounced. In my own view, this is the world or devils strategies to remove Christ from Christmas to make it look like any other holiday. Some country even greet you like 'Happy Holiday' during Christmas season.

Christ is the reason for the season, when you remove or replace Christ, you dont have Christmas. X was not born, Christ was. X did not die, Christ did. When next you want to write, greet or publish anything this season, say MERRY CHRISTMAS because CHRIST is the reason for the season. What is your opinion on the substitution of X for Christ?

1 Like

Re: It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 23, 2014
The both are not biblical why the faux about everything!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas by thunder74(m): 6:51am On Dec 23, 2014
Unibenstudent:
The both are not biblical why the faux about everything!
? Please explain further on what you mean that it is not biblical. Is it that Christ was not born or the Christmas celebration itself. Kindly explain further with bible refrences and not logic.
Re: It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 23, 2014
thunder74:

? Please explain further on what you mean that it is not biblical. Is it that Christ was not born or the Christmas celebration itself. Kindly explain further with bible refrences and not logic.
www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm read that
Re: It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas by thunder74(m): 7:30am On Dec 23, 2014
Unibenstudent:

www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm read that
Thank you for the link, but you will notice from the article that nowhere was the name of Christ replaced with X, the subject of this discussion. Moreso, I have read and heard so many aguiments about the date Christ was actually born the same way I read books about non existence of God or that Christ was/is not real.

My point here is not about the date he was born, the origin of Christmas, anybody may write whatever he feels like writing about God or Christ but my point is that it should Christ not X.

There is no denial that Christ was born, whether October or December, the point is that he was born and the Bible recorded the 3 wise men that celebrated his birth by given him gifts at birth. I am aware of many contentious topics in Christianity like tithes, holy communion, speaking in tongues etc and even the compilation of the Bible itself but for me, Christ was born, he died, he resurrected and promised to come back, therefore I believe in Christ and not X. This is my point sir.
Re: It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 23, 2014
thunder74:

Thank you for the link, but you will notice from the article that nowhere was the name of Christ replaced with X, the subject of this discussion. Moreso, I have read and heard so many aguiments about the date Christ was actually born the same way I read books about non existence of God or that Christ was/is not real.

My point here is not about the date he was born, the origin of Christmas, anybody may write whatever he feels like writing about God or Christ but my point is that it should Christ not X.

There is no denial that Christ was born, whether October or December, the point is that he was born and the Bible recorded the 3 wise men that celebrated his birth by given him gifts at birth. I am aware of many contentious topics in Christianity like tithes, holy communion, speaking in tongues etc and even the compilation of the Bible itself but for me, Christ was born, he died, he resurrected and promised to come back, therefore I believe in Christ and not X. This is my point sir.
celebrate jesus everyday no special day!
Re: It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas by thunder74(m): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2014
Unibenstudent:
celebrate jesus everyday no special day!
I agree with you on this 100%. Christ should be celebrated everyday by how we live exemplary life in our homes, offices, community etc, doing that people will know and see Christ in us daily.
Re: It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2014
Whether Xmas or Christmas both are nonsense and pure Idolatry. You can ask me *How?*

1 Like

Re: It Is Merry CHRISTmas Not Merry Xmas by Yahuchazqal(m): 7:28am On Jul 03, 2015
plz who is jesus christ? And what is the meaning of christ-mass? And are all these things Scriptural?

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Bishop Oyedepo And His Lovely Family / Pastor Dress Up In Camouflage To Church. / rcb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.