Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Beware Of Muslims? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Beware Of Muslims? (3165 Views)

Challenges Of Muslims In Nigeria; Solutions Needed Please / Questions On The “innocence Of Muslims”. / In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Muslims? by roots: 11:11am On Dec 10, 2008
I grew up in Jos with a friend who is a Muslim. We played together, shared things together, go to places together, did alot of things together. Sometimes my Muslim friend encourage me whenever i have problems.
With all these, I thought we could be friends forever.

I thought Islam is a religion that preaches peace, but I got it all wrong when reliogion crisess started september 2001, that was on after friday Juma' a prayers. My muslim brother, himself and others shot my cousin and his wife (6 month pregnant), both died. Some mallams organise and give guns to their members to kill those who are not part their religion.

That same period innocent people were killed, properties looted, children raped, churches burnt without any reason.

Today, another crises has erupted again on Friday morning before Election result was announced in Jos. It was pre-planned by this same muslims who say that the Koran preaches peace still killing, looting, raping burning Churches.

Brothers, any Muslim that says that you are brothers, BE CAREFULL smiley.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by PastorAIO: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2008
What about Christian that say you're brother, nay actual family members sef, that will then castigate you and reject you once you tell them that you are not of their faith?

Perhaps this thing is a little deeper than what you are making it out to be.  Maybe the problem is Ideology.  All Ideologies.  Whether it be communism, Humanism, one religionism or the other, no ideology can accept anyone thinking contrary to it.  Even the so called Liberals will never accept extremists so therefore liberalism is a form of extremism itself.

This is my post 666
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by MrCrackles(m): 11:48am On Dec 10, 2008
Poster
You are a massive buffoon

How old are you and do you have any common sense at all?!

Think next time before you post
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2008
roots:

I grew up in Jos with a friend who is a Muslim. We played together, shared things together, go to places together, did alot of things together. Sometimes my Muslim friend encourage me whenever i have problems.

I thought Islam is a religion that preaches peace, but I got it all wrong when reliogion crisess started september 2001, that was on after friday Juma' a prayers. My muslim brother, himself and others shot my cousin and his wife (6 month pregnant), both died. Some mallams organise and give guns to their members to kill those who are not part their religion.

That same period innocent people were killed, properties looted, children raped, churches burnt without any reason.

Today, another crises has erupted again on Friday morning before Election result was announced in Jos. It was pre-planned by this same muslims who say that the Koran preaches peace still killing, looting, raping burning Churches.

You are spot on.  However, only those who have experienced this bitter truth and genuine Christians would agree with you.  Only a few people understand that what Muslims mean when they say that their religion is the religion of "peace". The truth is that they are only peaceful with you when you are a Muslim, but as long as you are not a Muslim they see you as an enemy that ought to be eliminated from the face of the earth.  This is not to say that Muslims cannot be nice to you whenever they want to but the spirit behind their religion is what inspires them to kill, especially after they have been incited from their friday prayers. 

They may have it in their Koran that Allah is loving but what it means is that Allah is only loving to those who are Muslims and that he can also scheme and deceive people into hell.  So when Christians hear them say that Islam is a religion of peace or that Allah is loving you should look at the context in which they are saying these things and be aware of what they mean, because as Christians the Bible says God is love, that is, the source of love and He has shown this love by sending Jesus, His only Son, just as Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac his son because of the love he had for God.  Jesus in turn showed His love for us that He laid down His life for His friends, He died as a sacrifice and atonement for our souls so that we will not die eternally.  This kind of love, is called Agape, and is different from what the Muslims understand as love.  The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and the Uncreated Creator of the whole universe and heaven loves all mankind not regarding whether you know him or not, the difference is that God loves, even His human enemies that He has forgiven them through His Son, Jesus Christ, and it is now left for us to accept this forgiveness, to turn it down will be an insult to God and for this reason there will be no mercy at the judgment throne after death other than for Him to satisfy the eternal justice.

Knowing the true nature of what inspires Muslims and what they mean by peace and love, we should not be too worried about them, we should be praying for them that the God of love and the Prince of peace will reveal Himself to them so that they would know that they have been deceived.  The kinds of people we should be careful of are those who call themselves "christians" but are wolves in sheep's clothings.  Jesus warned us about them that it is not all who call me Lord, Lord that will enter the kingdom of God.  You will see many examples of them here on Nairaland, religion section who claim to be christians but Jesus has warned us that by their "fruits you shall know them" .  Read more on what Jesus had to say on how we are to discern false prophets in Matthew 7:15-23
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by muhsin(m): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2008
LOL grin Such words almost always left me wondering.

Let me be very frank and sincere to myself; thats exactly what many muslims are too thinking towards you, Mr. Poster. Thus, thats a case of human view of the world. There is, rather active, lack of 'religious relativism' among us both, I understand.

May God help us undertsnf one another, and continue living with mutual undertsnding as one nation, amin.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by muteeu(m): 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2008
I just want you to know one thing; Qur'an is different from human being. human being can do something contrary to what Qurian is saying. may God unity us in humanity. but islam is the best religion so far and peace
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by arramyjay: 7:31am On Dec 11, 2008
@ poster
You have no right to say or write a thing like that.You are a horrible person.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by ommo(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2008
(Posted by: roots
Insert Quote

Brothers, any Muslim that says that you are brothers, BE CAREFULL .)

Man (i will call you that because if i call you brother you might not like it) i'm really amuse it your gibberish. how on earth can you generalize an issue like that, how can be even certain you that what you post was not a reflect of yourself.

Man, wake up and stop being myopic.

(Posted by: Pastor AIO
Insert Quote
What about Christian that say you're brother, nay actual family members sef, that will then castigate you and reject you once you tell them that you are not of their faith?

Perhaps this thing is a little deeper than what you are making it out to be. Maybe the problem is Ideology. All Ideologies. Whether it be communism, Humanism, one religionism or the other, no ideology can accept anyone thinking contrary to it. Even the so called Liberals will never accept extremists so therefore liberalism is a form of extremism itself.)

Man you've said it all.

(Posted by: OLAADEGBU
You are spot on. However, only those who have experienced this bitter truth and genuine Christians would agree with you. Only a few people understand that what Muslims mean when they say that their religion is the religion of "peace" is that they are only peaceful with you when you are a Muslim, as long as you are not a Muslim they see you as an enemy that ought to be eliminated. This is not to say that Muslims cannot be nice to you whenever they want but the spirit behind their religion is what inspires them to kill, especially after they have been incited from their friday prayers.

They may have it in their Koran that Allah is loving but what it means is that Allah is only loving to those who are Muslims and that he can also scheme and deceive people into hell. So when Christians hear them say that Islam is a religion of peace or that Allah is loving they should look at the context in which they are saying these things and be aware of what they mean, because as Christians the Bible says God is love, that is, the source of love and He has shown this love by sending Jesus, His only Son, just as Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac his son because of the love he had for God. Jesus in turn showed His love for us that He laid down His life for His friends, He died as a sacrifice and atonement for our souls so that we will not die eternally. This kind of love, agape, is different from what the Muslims understand as love. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and the Uncreated Creator of the whole universe and heaven loves mankind not regarding whether you know him or not, the difference is that God loves, even His human enemies that He has forgiven them through His Son, Jesus Christ, and it is now left for us to accept this forgiveness, to turn it down will be an insult to God and for this reason there will be no mercy at the judgment throne after death other than to satisfy the eternal justice.

Knowing the true nature of what inspires Muslims and what they mean by peace and love, we should not be too worried about them, we should be praying for them that the God of love and the Prince of peace will reveal Himself to them so that they would know that they have been deceived. The kinds of people we should be careful of are those who call themselves "christians" but are wolves in sheep's clothings. Jesus warned us about them that it is not all who call me Lord, Lord that will enter the kingdom of God. You will see many examples of them here on Nairaland, religion section who claim to be christians but Jesus has warned us that by their "fruits you shall know them" . Read more on what Jesus had to say on how we are to discern false prophets in Matthew 7:15-23 ) shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Look at this bible jobber[/color] [color=#006600]
They quote the bible to support any rubbish they have to say, in order to justify their myopics

where is the love your neighbour as yourself and be your brothers keeper part of the bible. How about the promises of the peace maker. In as mush as everyone has the right to express his or her opinion on things, know also that rights have limit.
Learn to be a peace maker so that you be call a child of God and stop inciting violence. for violence only beget violence.

BETTER WAKE UP TO THE REALLY WORLD MAN grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Nimshi: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2008
roots:

I grew up in Jos with a friend who is a Muslim. We played together, shared things together, go to places together, did alot of things together. Sometimes my Muslim friend encourage me whenever i have problems. With all these, I thought we could be friends forever.

roots: despite that your report appears disjointed, one could still feel a sense of strong feeling.

Apparently, your friend and your (biological?) brother (and others) were involved in the shooting (to the death) of your cousin and his pregnant wife; this is definitely unacceptably wicked and criminal. But your post isn't clear about the warning you've appeared to arrive at. Do you think these people killed because they're Muslims?

Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Lagosboy: 11:53am On Dec 16, 2008
@OLAADEGBU

I think you suffereing from what we call dogmatic indoctrination or should i say Classical conditioning or better still brainwashing. You are making reference to the quran and you copied and pasted some piece of jargon on the other section concerning DECEPTION and ALLAH. U have no knowledge of Arabic whatsoever and you allowed some trash u read on the net convince you without scrutiny. I am s student of Arabic and I can tell u Makr means to plan or to plot. A verse saying “the disbelievers are planning so as well God is planning and God is the best of all planners” u misinterpreted to deception can u show me any translation of the quran with those words deception?

Back to this topic u claim Islam doesn’t preach peace perhaps if you looked back history u would find that the only places where the jews found peace was in muslim enclaves, The jews and muslims lived in Palestine peacefully until The British created the state of isreal in 1948. Just like Africa wherever they drew their maps they left troubles. The prophet of Islam PBUH lived side by side jews and Christians in Medina and had peace covenants with them. Perhaps it would interesting to go study and see how many jews live in Iran and how happy they are. Even ahmedijad met with some jewish Rabbis.

The Jos crisis was a two way thing and muslims were killed as well. OLADEGBU did Christians kill any muslim as well in Jos ? perhaps if you could answer this question the case would be settled.

The killing of innocents anywhere is a crime!!! The jos crises was a political and tribal riot turned into a religious one!!

@poster stop being myopic in thinking
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by babs787(m): 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
Salam brother.

May Allah increase your knowledge. The guy Olaadegbu has been saying all sort of things without proper understanding.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2008
I hate it when people do things like what the OP has done on this thread.
Roots, you know fully well that those people (if they even exist) didn't kill because they were muslims. Why did you decide to make it seem as if that was why they killed and that all muslims behave similarly to the people you described in your original post(with your misleading topic)? What are your REAL intentions for starting this thread?
@OLAADEGBU
What do you mean by,'by their fruits you shall know them'? If you want to judge an entire group by the actions of some of their 'fruits' then you might as well go ahead and 'know' the entire christian populace by the actions of some of their 'fruits' like all the corrupt christian politicians, christian robbers, christian rapists, christian internet fraudsters and so on, not so?
Back to the OP: you claim to follow a religion that preaches peace and love even towards one's enemies.
Was the biase and unfair generalization displayed in your posts an example of that universal love?
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Muslimah: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2008
I am very sorry for what happenened but surely isnt that quite a harsh way to put your view across?I mean do you take all muslims to be like that?Of course anybody/has a right to defend their religion and Islam is after all away of life.But from what I saw on the news that was post -election violence.It has happened in a number of african countries.If i am wrong I stand to be corrected.
It doesnt mean that only muslims do take up arms and kill because of differences.It is the animal in all of us having adesire to cause pain as a means of retaliation.A lot of people have done it and worse people are still suffering on account of it.
Thats why all religions preach forgiveness
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by earTHMama: 3:07am On Dec 18, 2008
You are spot on. However, only those who have experienced this bitter truth and genuine Christians would agree with you. Only a few people understand that what Muslims mean when they say that their religion is the religion of "peace". The truth is that they are only peaceful with you when you are a Muslim, but as long as you are not a Muslim they see you as an enemy that ought to be eliminated from the face of the earth. This is not to say that Muslims cannot be nice to you whenever they want to but the spirit behind their religion is what inspires them to kill, especially after they have been incited from their friday prayers.

They may have it in their Koran that Allah is loving but what it means is that Allah is only loving to those who are Muslims and that he can also scheme and deceive people into hell. So when Christians hear them say that Islam is a religion of peace or that Allah is loving you should look at the context in which they are saying these things and be aware of what they mean, because as Christians the Bible says God is love, that is, the source of love and He has shown this love by sending Jesus, His only Son, just as Abraham was willing to sacrifice Isaac his son because of the love he had for God. Jesus in turn showed His love for us that He laid down His life for His friends, He died as a sacrifice and atonement for our souls so that we will not die eternally. This kind of love, is called Agape, and is different from what the Muslims understand as love. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and the Uncreated Creator of the whole universe and heaven loves all mankind not regarding whether you know him or not, the difference is that God loves, even His human enemies that He has forgiven them through His Son, Jesus Christ, and it is now left for us to accept this forgiveness, to turn it down will be an insult to God and for this reason there will be no mercy at the judgment throne after death other than for Him to satisfy the eternal justice.

Knowing the true nature of what inspires Muslims and what they mean by peace and love, we should not be too worried about them, we should be praying for them that the God of love and the Prince of peace will reveal Himself to them so that they would know that they have been deceived. The kinds of people we should be careful of are those who call themselves "christians" but are wolves in sheep's clothings. Jesus warned us about them that it is not all who call me Lord, Lord that will enter the kingdom of God. You will see many examples of them here on Nairaland, religion section who claim to be christians but Jesus has warned us that by their "fruits you shall know them" . Read more on what Jesus had to say on how we are to discern false prophets in Matthew 7:15-23

God bless you Olaadegbu.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by JJYOU: 3:16am On Dec 18, 2008
evil, twisted and wicked religious minds.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2008
@EarTHMama.

God bless you Olaadegbu.

Which God; father or son or ghost? Your chice is one and must be clear. It will render the other two as non-god! Iron fist and whip in hand lady. lol.

Am having fun with you. At least I can do that.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2008
olabowale:

@EarTHMama.
Which God; father or son or ghost? Your chice is one and must be clear. It will render the other two as non-god! Iron fist and whip in hand lady. lol.

Which only confirms that either you don't know God or that you are serving the unknown God.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2008
Olaadegbu: Answer the question. Unless you are denying that you do not have a god who is the father. And he is different from a god who is the son. yet he is different from the god who is the ghost! lol.

Am a muslim and I am a radical momotheist. There is a singular God in my life; Allah! Whats the name of your God?
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by earTHMama: 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2008
Am a muslim and I am a radical momotheist. There is a singular God in my life; Allah! Whats the name of your God?

I've not heard this word before in my life. Do you mean monotheist?
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Lagosboy: 4:12pm On Dec 18, 2008
earTHMama:

Of course you know its a typo common!!
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Lagosboy: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2008
@ OLADEGBU

How come u havent answered my question did christians kill any muslim as well in the Jos crisis?

To help you answer the question you might read this paper. It is published by a christian Orji Kalu.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/dec/03/national-03-12-2008-001.htm

Objectivity is a very expensive quality on NL.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2008
Lagosboy:

@ OLADEGBU

How come u havent answered my question did christians kill any muslim as well in the Jos crisis?

To help you answer the question you might read this paper. It is published by a christian Orji Kalu.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/dec/03/national-03-12-2008-001.htm

The title of this thread is to beware of Muslims and you are a typical example of who we have to be careful of. 

Because you shared a different opinion with someone else on Nairaland you went on to divulge all the confidential details you felt you knew about him on Nairaland, giving out his name and town.  This is the typical mindset that we are to be circumspect and wary of and not to be diverted or sidetracted by all these diversionary questions.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Lagosboy: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2008
@ OLADEGBU

Answer the question and we could go discuss this issue on the nairaland forum where the thread is located.

Answer the question!!!
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Lagosboy: 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2008
Your silecne indicates your hypocrisy!! You call the question diversionary??

I thought this thread was regarding the Jos crisis. Answer !!!
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2008
Lagosboy:

@ OLADEGBU

Where in that paper did they infer or imply that Christians killed anyone?  The misconception that anyone who is not a Muslim is automatically a Christian is what is causing all these unecessary actions and reactions.  Was it the Christians that killed the military soldiers?, burnt churches and mosques?, was it them that killed the Islamic millitants in the name of the Lord, quoting scriptures or as a Christian obligation?  No genuine Christian would go out to kill others if and when things are not going their way.
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Lagosboy: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Where in that paper did they infer or imply that Christians killed anyone? The misconception that anyone who is not a Muslim is automatically a Christian is what is causing all these unecessary actions and reactions. Was it the Christians that killed the military soldiers?, burnt churches and mosques?, was it them that killed the Islamic millitants in the name of the Lord, quoting scriptures or as a Christian obligation? No genuine Christian would go out to kill others if and when things are not going their way.

Perhaps the crusaders of the early times who fought on the banner of the cross were not genuine Christians.

Perhaps the the crusaders that defeated the muslims in Andalusia, Spain 500 yrs ago were not true Christians

Perhaps the Christians that brought Christianity to Africa and enslaved the black man were not true Christians.

Perhaps these Christians that threw weak blacks into the high sea were not true Christians.

Perhaps George bush who has murdered thousands of people in his unjust wars and adored by the Evangelical far rights in the US are not true Christians.

Perhaps the Zango Kataf and zamani lekwot were never true Christians.

Perhaps Obasanjo who massacered a whole village at ODI is not a true christian but given the podium at RCCG events.

It is amazing how you are quick to attribute terrorism to muslims and deny the Christians that commit atrocities as not been true Christians.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Like I would say your immunity to objectivity exhibits itself in its optimum manifestation
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2008
@Lagosboy
Touché
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2008
Lagosboy:

Perhaps the crusaders of the early times who fought on the banner of the cross were not genuine Christians.

Perhaps the the crusaders that defeated the muslims in Andalusia, Spain 500 years ago were not true Christians

Perhaps the Christians that brought Christianity to Africa and enslaved the black man were not true Christians.

Perhaps these Christians that threw weak blacks into the high sea were not true Christians.

Perhaps George bush who has murdered thousands of people in his unjust wars and adored by the Evangelical far rights in the US are not true Christians.

Perhaps the Zango Kataf and zamani lekwot were never true Christians.

Perhaps Obasanjo who massacered a whole village at ODI is not a true christian but given the podium at RCCG events.

It is amazing how you are quick to attribute terrorism to muslims and deny the Christians that commit atrocities as not been true Christians.

Your ignorance on what makes one a Christian knows no bounds.  To enlighten you on what and who a Christian is you will have to look at the founder of Christianity who is Jesus Christ.

What makes us Christians is that we have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour and we follow His examples and obey His instructions.  Did Jesus personally fight any war?  Did He instruct us to personally fight any physical battle?  Did His disciples fight any war?  When Peter slashed the ear of one of the militants that came to arrest Jesus, what did Jesus say?  If you do your research properly and arrive at the answers to the questions above you will find out that He did not encourage any individual into violence by any means, neither did His followers go into any battle.  A national army that defends its territory and people is another ball game entirely. 

Your misconception that anything western or European or anyone who is not a Muslim must certainly be a Christian.  I will not be surprised if you tell me that Adolf Hitler was a Christian because he was white.  On the other hand can we ask the same questions about your prophet and holy book?  Is terrorism caused by following the Qur'an?  Can terrorism be justified by reading the Qur'an?

In the Qur'an you have verses that incite violence for Allah such as:

"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the idolaters whenever ye find them, and take them, and prepare them each ambush.  But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor due, then leave their way free".    Surah. 9:5

"Cut off their finger tips, stab them in the neck" Surah 8:12

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah.  But if they cease, then lo!  Allah is Seer of what they do." Surah 8:39

"The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and his messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on the alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land.  Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the hereafter theirs will be an awful doom".   Surah 5:33(other versions have it in verse 36)

Others are "Wage war on them until the infidels are no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme"

"Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens . . ."  Surah 47:4-7  In other words Martyrdom leads to heaven

These are just a few of the verses that the Islamic militants need to motivate them to kill, especially if this is a way to be sure of making heaven if they get killed.

Can you now tell me who's prophet and scripture encourages its followers to violence?
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by Lagosboy: 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2008
One simple question for you is do u know the meaning of “Crusade”

Perhaps I can help you by directing you to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusade

After reading it come back and speak your jargon that Christians never fought war in the name of God.

You talk of ignorance? I know you are not ignorant but you read through a dark glasses that only sees things u want to see.

Keep swimming in your ocean of denial and self motivated perpetual ignorance!!!!
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2008
Lagosboy:

One simple question for you is do u know the meaning of “Crusade”

Starting with the meaning of who a Christian is will give you a better understanding of who the Crusaders are. I will quote the weblink below for you to peruse what misconceptions you have about the Crusades. The Crusades were defensive wars, a reaction to Jihad and were not fought by Christians.

"The popular misconceptions about the crusades are that these were aggressive wars of expansion fought by religious fanatics in order to evict Muslims from their homeland, and force conversions to Christianity. Those who really believe any of that betray their ignorance of history."

To know the history behind the Crusades click on the weblink and also discover the differences between Mohammed and Christ, Jihad and the Gospel.

http://www.frontline.org.za/articles/crusades_all_about.htm

And remember to read it without your Islamic spectacles tongue
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by babs787(m): 9:14pm On Dec 24, 2008
@Olaadegbu

Starting with the meaning of who a Christian is will give you a better understanding of who the Crusaders are. I will quote the weblink below for you to peruse what misconceptions you have about the Crusades. The Crusades were defensive wars, a reaction to Jihad and were not fought by Christians.

To know the history behind the Crusades click on the weblink and also discover the differences between Mohammed and Christ, Jihad and the Gospel.

And remember to read it without your Islamic spectacles Tongue

Read with your hearts open to the truth.

Jihad - Supreme Efforts in the Way of Allah

Jihad means, exerting one's utmost power contending with an object of disapprobation, and this is of three kinds, namely, (1) with a visible enemy, (2) with Satan, and (3) with one's self.

The Quran teaches that when war breaks out, it should be waged in such a way as to cause the least possible amount of damage to life and property; and that hostilities should be brought to a close as quickly as possible.

22:40 Permission to fight is given to those against whom war is made, because they have been wronged - and Allah indeed has power to help them -

22:41 Those who have been driven out from their homes unjustly only because they said, 'Our Lord is Allah' - And if Allah did not repel some men by means of others, there would surely have been pulled down cloisters and churches and synagogues and mosques, wherein the name of Allah is oft commemorated. And Allah will surely help one who helps Him. Allah is indeed Powerful, Mighty -

60:9 Allah forbids you not, respecting those who have not fought against you on account of your religion, and who have not driven you forth from your homes, that you be kind to them and act equitably towards them; surely Allah loves those who are equitable.

60:10 Allah only forbids you - respecting those who have fought against you on account of your religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and have helped others in driving you out, that you make friends of them, and whosoever makes friends of them-it is these that are the transgressors.

61:11 O ye who believe! shall I point out to you a bargain that will save you from a painful punishment?

61:12 That you believe in Allah and His Messenger, and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your persons. That is better for you, if you did not know.

29:70 And as for those who strive in Our path-We will surely guide them in Our ways. And verily Allah is with those who do good.

9:20 Those who believe and emigrate from their homes for the sake of God and strive in the cause of Allah with their property and their persons have the highest rank in the sight of Allah. And it is they who shall triumph.

9:111 Surely, Allah has purchased of the believers their persons and their property in return for the Garden they shall have; they fight in the cause of Allah, and they slay and are slain - a promise that He has made incumbent on Himself in the Torah, and the Gospel, and the Qur'an. And who is more faithful to his promise than Allah? Rejoice, then, in your bargain which you have made with Him; and that it is which is the supreme triumph.

4:96 Those of the believers who sit still, excepting the disabled ones, and those who strive in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their persons, are not equal. Allah has exalted in rank those who strive with their wealth and their persons above those who sit still. And to each Allah has promised good. And Allah has exalted those who strive above those who sit still, by a great reward.

Jihad by preaching word of Allah

Quran 25 v 52: So obey not the disbelievers but strive against them (by preaching) with utmost endeavors with it (the Quran)

Quran 22 v 78: And strive hard in Allah's cause as you ought to strive (with sincerity and with all you efforts that his name should be superior). He has chosen you (to convey his message of Islamic monotheism to mankind by inviting them to His religion of Islam) and Has not laid upon you a religion of any hardship.

The above verse is saying that Jihad is performed through preaching ALLAH's word.

Quran 8 v 72: Verily, those who believed and emigrated and strove and fought with their property and their lives in the cause of Allah as well as those who gave ( them) assylum and help, these are (all) allies to one another and as to those who believe but did not emigrate (to you o Muhammed) you owe no duty of protection to them until they emigrate but if they seek your help in religion, it is your duty to help them except against a people with whom you have a treaty of mutual alliance and Allah is the All seer of what you do.

Personal Jihad: This is the most important form. This type of jihad, called the Jihadun-Nafs, is the intimate struggle to purify one's soul of evil influences -- both subtle and overt. It is the struggle to cleanse one's spirit of sin. In a brochure, the Institute of Islamic Information & Education describes several different contexts in which The Qur'an (the Islamic Holy Book) and the Hadith (the collected sayings of Muhammad) use the word "jihad" to refer to personal struggles:
Putting "Allah ahead of our loved ones, our wealth, our worldly ambitions and our own lives."
Resisting pressure of parents, peers and society; strive against "the rejecters of faith, " (Quran 25:52)
", strive and struggle to live as true Muslims, "
Striving for righteous deeds."
Spreading the message of Islam. "The (true) believers are only those who believe in Allah and his messenger and afterward doubt not, but strive with their wealth and their selves for the cause of Allah. Such are the truthful." (Quran, 49:15)
bullet Verbal Jihad: To strive for justice through words and non-violent actions. Muhammad encouraged Muslims to demand justice in the name of Allah. When asked: "'What kind of jihad is better?' Muhammad replied, 'A word of truth in front of an oppressive ruler!'" 3 According to the Institute of Islamic Information and Education: "The life of the Prophet Muhammad was full of striving to gain the freedom to inform and convey the message of Islam. During his stay in Makkah [Mecca] he used non-violent methods and after the establishment of his government in Madinah [Medina], by the permission of Allah, he used armed struggle against his enemies whenever he found it inevitable."
[b]
Physical Jihad: [/b]This relates to the use of physical force in defense of Muslims against oppression and transgression by the enemies of Allah, Islam and Muslims. Allah commands that Muslims lead peaceful lives and not transgress against anyone. If they are persecuted and oppressed, the Qur'an recommends that they migrate to a more peaceful and tolerant land: "Lo! Those who believe, and those who emigrate (to escape persecution) and strive (Jahadu) in the way of Allah, these have hope of Allah's mercy, " (Quran, 2:218). If relocation is not possible, then Allah also requires Muslims to defend themselves against oppression by "fighting against those who fight against us." 2 The Qur'an states: "To those against whom war is made, permission is given [to defend themselves], because they are wronged - and verily, Allah is Most Powerful to give them victory." (22:39) The defensive nature of physical jihad (or "jihad with the hand"wink is frequently lost among many, Muslims, Christians, secularists and others.

You may also come here
http://islam.about.com/od/jihad/f/jihad.htm
http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: Beware Of Muslims? by olabowale(m): 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2008
@earTHMama: « #18 on: December 18, 2008, 03:39 PM »

You should have known that i meant monotheist, Duuh! I hope you know that N and M are next to each other, hence its not unusual to pound on the wrong key. Koree soun, funmi jo, Funmilayo!

@Olaadegbu:

Whats the "meaning of who a Christian is", to give a different opinion of who the crusaders are? Are the Chrusaders not white Europeans, from France, and other Christian's continental European countries? Didn't they have their "CROSSES" on their necks, and a CROSS; CRUCIFIX as part of the symbol of "CRUSADE?"

Defensive wars may foot! When you defend yourself, were you suppoed to kill more than what you suffered? Aren't you supposed to turn your other "Cheek?" Isn't that what you said Jesus said? Where did you get Crusade? From Jesus teaching or you made it up like everything else, including TRINITY?

Who fought Crusade from Europe? Jews? Atheists? Agnostics? Hindus? What group? Liar, big time Olaadegbu! Padi mi, I a enjoying my conversation with you. The same way i enjoy conversations with other Keferis.

[Quote]
"The popular misconceptions about the crusades are that these were aggressive wars of expansion fought by religious fanatics in order to evict Muslims from their homeland, and force conversions to Christianity. Those who really believe any of that betray their ignorance of history."
[/quote]

No one believes it. This is your own imagination. Give it your own spin. Spin, spin and spin, out of this world! (Cayon did you get that joke, from Channel 7?). I remembered many years ago, a chrisian group, I will call them Zionist, out of Texas (I hope my girl Kweenisha is not a member) were raising a red cow to be slaughtered, just in case the Jews of Israel sacked the Palestinians.

Well, if people in the future will say that this Texan Christians were anti Palestinian arabs, since not all palestinians are muslims, we may have a whinning person like you complaining that they have been mislabelled. Thats what you are claiming about the Crusades and crusaders her.

President Bush initially dubbed his war against the taliban and Al Qaidah as "Crusade". I guess he was not fighting as a Christian, no? Then watch him on Youtube's "Christian Missionary Atrocities!" I do hope you have a conscience. Yoruba shaa ni e? Hopefully "the bonechilling Christian "blood revenge" has not taking away your Yorubaness of compassion!"

And remember to read it without your Islamic spectacles

I hope you will take off your Christian armored heart, "Christian Soldier?"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Symbolism Of The "Black Stone" - Polytheism Or Monotheism? / Distinguishing Between Reliance And Negligence / Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.