Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God (6921 Views)

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 23, 2014
Peace grace and mercy from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I have finally concluded my research on the doctrines of the jehovah witness as they are part of the christian body because the have accepted Jesus as the Christ but with pains in my heart. The discrepancy between the Jehovah witness and the church of God is much as they kick against many belief.. Now i am humbly inviting 2 members of the JW sect to come and answer some questions that confuses me. I know they are knowledgeble in the word ass they will explain to us the questions i shall ask. Thanks and remain blessed.
The Christians beliefs that Jehovah witnesses do not accept and by the grace of my God i shall take them one by one.
1. Heaven
2. Eternal Hell fire
3. Rapture of the Saints
4. Trinity
5. The Divinity of Jesus Christ
6. Jesus' Death on the Cross
7. The Holy Ghost is a Spirit Person
8. Baptism of the Holy Ghost
9. Worship of Jesus
10. Praying in the Spirit
and some other doctrines which shall be noted later
Tagged : JMAN05, bookmark, Bernimoore, Yooguyz and all jehovah witnesses we humbly invited u to share ur knowledge. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2014
HEAVEN -Jehovah witnesses do not believe in people going to heaven after they die but rather they said that Jesus says that all the good chosen people will inherit the earth and that no one is going to heaven and heaven belongs only to God.

Now look at what the bible says
2 corinthians 5 vs 1-2. - for we know that if our earthly house is dissolved we have a building of God a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens and we earnestly desiring to be clothed with our house which is from heaven. Now the bible tells us that we will make heaven cos its our eternal home but the Jw disagree with this so pls JMAN05 pls can u explain this verse to the people. Thanks

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2014
[size=24pt]so how does this affect the price of bread in the market??[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hell fire
matthew 10 vs 28 - fear not those who kill the body but after cant do any more but I forewarn u Him who ye shall fear which after He hath killed hath power to cast into hell.
Matthew 25 vs 41 - then shall He say unto them at the left hand, depart from me ye cursed into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels
mark 9 vs 45-49 - the fire shall never be quenched and the worms does not die nor the fire be quenched an if ur eye offend thee cut it off for it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God blind than for the whole body and eyes be cast into hell fire were the fire is not quenched for everybody shall be fueled with fire.
Jude 7 - even as sodom and gommorah and the cities about them in like manner giving themselves over to fornication and going after strange flesh are set forth for an example suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Here it means that Hell, hades or gehenna is a place of burning and toture
Jehovah witness pls if there is no hell then the above quoted scriptures is wrong... Bernimoore ur help is needed here. God bless

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
Rapture of the Saints.

1 thessalonians 4 vs 15-18 : for this we say unto you by the word of the Lord that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep
for the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout and with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God and the dead in Christ shall rise first,
then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord (alleluia).

Bookmark pls explain this verse to us if the passage there does not talk abt the rapture. Thanks

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Atigba: 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
This guy don come again

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by paulGrundy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
Jehovahs witness don't also believe in the physical ressurection of JESUS

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by charlsecy(m): 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
They believe in heaven; just that a few chosen righteous will go there, while other saints will inherit the New Earth. I think their position on this agrees with the Bible.

3 Likes

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by dolphinheart(m): 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
HEAVEN -Jehovah witnesses do not believe in people going to heaven after they die but rather they said that Jesus says that all the good chosen people will inherit the earth and that no one is going to heaven and heaven belongs only to God.

2 corinthians 5 vs 1-2. - for we know that if our earthly house is dissolved we have a building of God a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens and we earnestly desiring to be clothed with our house which is from heaven. Now the bible tells us that we will make heaven cos its our eternal home but the Jw disagree with this so pls JMAN05 pls can u explain this verse to the people. Thanks

Pls , can you give us prove that jehovahs witnesses say no one is going to heaven!

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2014
paulGrundy:

I dont know where some of you guys get your statements from. Has any witness told you Jesus was spiritually resurrected. Was Jesus ever spiritually dead? Can you quote anywhere in the publications where it said Jesus Resurrection was not physical.

2 Likes

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by paulGrundy(m): 10:43am On Dec 24, 2014
rabzy:

I dont know where some of you guys get your statements from. Has any witness told you Jesus was spiritually resurrected. Was Jesus ever spiritually dead? Can you quote anywhere in the publications where it said Jesus Resurrection was not physical.

Check this book--- You Can Live Forever on Paradise Earth, pp. 143-44
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by rabzy: 11:12am On Dec 24, 2014
paulGrundy:

Check this book--- You Can Live Forever on Paradise Earth, pp. 143-44

What The book says was that Jesus was not raised with a human body, with a fleshly body, he was not resurrected with a body with flesh and blood rather he was resurrected as a spirit, he shed his human flesh and was resurrected as spirit. Is that what you call a spiritual resurrection? That's interesting.

Jesus was physically raised up from the dead by God and was raised up as a spirit, that is what the Bible taught. Before he went back to heaven he would materialize into a human body so that his disciples can see him.

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
ProphetUdeme:

Jehovah's witness do not believe all Christians will stay here on earth, no. However, that verse you are talking about is apparently referring to the fleshly mortal bodies to which the "saints" now have. Yes, they will soon drop it to have the heavenly one. verse 4.

Largely what is written in the Greek scriptures (NT) is with the heavenly class in mind, and that is why many churches get confused when you introduce earth to them. But it appears Jesus prepared the "little flock", so that they will start gathering the the "other sheep" shortly after his death. John 10:16. Remember the heavenly class are described as "little", now can you compare it with the "great crowd" spoken of in Rev 7:9? Luk 12:32

Also compare Matt 5:5.

What do you think?
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
ProphetUdeme:

I have finally concluded my research on the doctrines of the jehovah witness as they are part of the christian body because the have accepted Jesus as the Christ but with pains in my heart. The discrepancy between the Jehovah witness and the church of God is much as they kick against many belief.. Now i am humbly inviting 2 members of the JW sect to come and answer some questions that confuses me. I know they are knowledgeble in the word ass they will explain to us the questions i shall ask. Thanks and remain blessed.
The Christians beliefs that Jehovah witnesses do not accept and by the grace of my God i shall take them one by one.
1. Heaven
2. Eternal Hell fire
3. Rapture of the Saints
4. Trinity
9. Worship of Jesus
Tagged : JMAN05, bookmark, Bernimoore, Yooguyz and all jehovah witnesses we humbly invited u to share ur knowledge. Thanks.

1. You said you are inviting two members, but you invited three. I guess its a mistake.

2. Please Yooguyz is not a JW. So can you pls remove him from the list of JWs?

3. If you want to invite three that's fine, but his name is boomark, not bookmark. I hope this is the correction needed anyway.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by paulGrundy(m): 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
rabzy:

What The book says was that [size=23pt]Jesus was not raised with a human body, with a fleshly body[/size], he was not resurrected with a body with flesh and blood rather he was resurrected as a spirit, he shed his human flesh and was resurrected as spirit. Is that what you call a spiritual resurrection? That's interesting.

Jesus was physically raised up from the dead by God and was raised up as a spirit, that is what the Bible taught. Before he went back to heaven he would materialize into a human body so that his disciples can see him.

We are basically saying the same thing. Go back and re-read my post.

See this verse:
John 2:19-21

19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20 The Jews then said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?" 21 But he spoke of the temple of his body

1 Timothy 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: [size=23pt]God was manifest in the flesh[/size], justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Between the bible and the watchtower, who do you think is saying the truth?

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
paulGrundy:
yeah i will drop the page with references they preached abt the resurrection of Jesus that He resurrected with a spirit body and nt flesh.. Yea ure right.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2014
JMAN05:

Jehovah's witness do not believe all Christians will stay here on earth, no. However, that verse you are talking about is apparently referring to the fleshly mortal bodies to which the "saints" now have. Yes, they will soon drop it to have the heavenly one. verse 4.

Largely what is written in the Greek scriptures (NT) is with the heavenly class in mind, and that is why many churches get confused when you introduce earth to them. But it appears Jesus prepared the "little flock", so that they will start gathering the the "other sheep" shortly after his death. John 10:16. Remember the heavenly class are described as "little", now can you compare it with the "great crowd" spoken of in Rev 7:9? Luk 12:32

Also compare Matt 5:5.

What do you think?
ok hw abt the rapture... The flying up of the saints to meet the Lord Jesus in the sky
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Yooguyz: 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
JMAN05:

1. You said you are inviting two members, but you invited three. I guess its a mistake.

2. Please Yooguyz is not a JW. So can you pls remove him from the list of JWs?

3. If you want to invite three that's fine, but his name is boomark, not bookmark. I hope this is the correction needed anyway.

I dunno know whether to shout or to Cry o: o: o:

For the first time in Nairaland JMAN is honest about me! This calls for celebration lemme go and pop champagne before I come and comment.

Grundy thumbs up! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by paulGrundy(m): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
Yooguyz:

I dunno know whether to shout or to Cry o: o: o:

For the first time in Nairaland JMAN is honest about me! This calls for celebration lemme go and pop champagne before I come and comment.

Grundy thumbs up! smiley

I just sent you a PM
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
ok hw abt the rapture... The flying up of the saints to meet the Lord Jesus in the sky

You tagged another Brother to it. He ll do justice to it.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Boomark(m): 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
For those who have been taught that they all will go to heaven, read this carefully. If it must come to pass then you have to go and check what you believe in.

Revelation 21:1-3
A New Heaven and a New Earth
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people (men/mankind), and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Revelation 21:23-26
23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.

This will take place at the last day. Did the Holy city go up into heaven or did it come down out of heaven from God? Who are these people(men/mankind in some translation)? Who are the kings of the earth and where do they reside, in heaven or on earth?

At this point, the kingdom must have come and the will of God will be done on earth as it is in heaven, Mat 6:10. And the meek shall inherit the earth, Mat 5:5.

Please am not a Jehovah's Witness. I believe some of the truth they share which some found difficult to believe cos it is not what their church fathers and Pastors teach them.

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Boomark(m): 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
Rapture of the Saints.

1 thessalonians 4 vs 15-18 : for this we say unto you by the word of the Lord that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep
for the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout and with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God and the dead in Christ shall rise first,
then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord (alleluia).

Bookmark pls explain this verse to us if the passage there does not talk abt the rapture. Thanks

Bro i have not done any proper study on rapture so i can't say anything on that for now. When it gets to trinity, i will be available and my questions must be answered cos that is the way i teach those who know what they believe in.

Please Check my name and spell it properly when next you mention.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
Boomark:

Bro i have not done any proper study on rapture so i can't say anything on that for now. When it gets to trinity, i will be available and my questions must be answered cos that is the way i teach those who know what they believe in.

Please Check my name and spell it properly when next you mention.
trinity -
1 john 5 v 7 kjv - for there are 3 that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these 3 are One...

That verse has been so controversial among us today, i read in one of the jw's magazine that the jw had discovered and ancient pamphlet of the scriptures and found out that the passage i just quoted above was not found in the ancient scripture. And they later doctrinated that the verse is corrupt......

The Jw maintained that God is one who is Jehovah and that the trinity is falsehood while the christian church believe that there is One God known in 3 ways as the Father Jesus the Son and God the Holy Ghost.

Isaiah 48 vs 16 - Jesus the Word speaks saying - Come ye near unto me hear this, i have not spoken in secret from the beginnin, from the time that the world was, there am I, and now the Lord GOD(Father) and His Spirit (Holy Ghost) hath sent Me. God the Father and the Holy Ghost hath sent Jesus to us. ( u can now see the close relationship between the 3 Distinct Persons proving that the verse 1 john 5 vs 7 in KJV is correct and that the trinity is in line with the bible
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Yooguyz: 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2014
paulGrundy:

I just sent you a PM

Sorry I don't respond to PMs tell me what you want to tell me here.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by handsomebolanle: 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
Let me break this down a little bit
The bible reference heaven.. not as a place but as a characteristics in such that there won't be death,sleep, hunger, sickness, incorruptible heart... God lives in Zion
It's all about Heaven on earth... God's lifestyle on earth.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Boomark(m): 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
@Prophetudeme

1 John 5:7-8 New King James Version (NKJV)
7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

For the spirit, the water and the blood to agree AS ONE, it means in other words that they ARE ONE (at the point of agreement). Does this mean they are trinity and equal? NO. How then would one assume that the Father, Son and Spirit is trinity and equal because it is written that they are one? This is a very wrong assumption.

This passage has nothing to do with trinity. The truth is in the witness they bore not on how the sentence was arranged. These are some of the witnesses they bore.

1 God bore witness that Jesus is his Son, 1 Jn 5:10, Mt 3:17, that He has given us everlasting life, and that life is in His Son 1 Jn 5:11-12, Jn 3:16.

2 Jesus bore witness that the Father is greater that him, Jn 14:28, that He(God) is his Head, 1 Cor 11:3. He bore with witness in Heaven that God is his God, Rev 3:12. He bore witness that the Father is his Father and our Father, His God and our God, Jn 20:17, that is why WE ALL have one God the Father, 1Cor 8:6. The Father alone has no God.

3 The Holy Spirit bore that Jesus is the Son of God by descending on him during water witness(baptism), Jn 1:33-34. The Holy Spirit bore witness to our spirit(witness on earth) that we are the children of God, Rom 8:16.

These witnesses defined what 1 Jn 5:7-8 is saying. The Father is greater than all and has no equal. The three are perfect and Must agree on the Perfect will of God. God declares his will, the Son(Word) declares to us and the Spirit brings it to pass. No one will say No. That is how they are one. The angels were not included cos they can fail.

Trinity has no hold on the scriptures. Sentiments and ignorance is what is keeping it alive. For me to answer any other trinity question, you must agree with what is said or prove them wrong. Thats the only way forward.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Boomark(m): 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
Now concerning Isaiah 48:16 you mentioned as a support for trinity.

New International Version
"Come near me and listen to this: "From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there." And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me, endowed with his Spirit.

New Living Translation
Come closer, and listen to this. From the beginning I have told you plainly what would happen." And now the Sovereign LORD and his Spirit have sent me with this message.

English Standard Version
Draw near to me, hear this: from the beginning I have not spoken in secret, from the time it came to be I have been there.” And now the Lord GOD has sent me, and his Spirit.

New American Standard Bible
"Come near to Me, listen to this: From the first I have not spoken in secret, From the time it took place, I was there. And now the Lord GOD has sent Me, and His Spirit."

King James Bible
Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, thereamI: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Approach Me and listen to this. From the beginning I have not spoken in secret; from the time anything existed, I was there." And now the Lord GOD has sent me and His Spirit.

International Standard Version
Draw near to me, and listen to this: 'From the beginning I haven't spoken in secret; at the time it happened, I was there.' And now the LORD God, and his Spirit, has sent me.

NET Bible
Approach me! Listen to this! From the very first I have not spoken in secret; when it happens, I am there." So now, the sovereign LORD has sent me, accompanied by his spirit.

Some say, "the LORD God and His Spirit has sent me" while some say, "the LORD God has sent me, endowed with/accompanied by His Spirit. How did it actually happen? See...

Isa 61:1
New Living Translation
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is upon me, for the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed.

Acts 10:38
New Living Translation
And you know that God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. Then Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.

Also Isa 42:1 and more.... Many will chose to stick with the error to support trinity than remain in the truth. There is no where it says the Holy Spirit sent Christ. The God that anointed and sent Christ is not 3 person.

1 Like

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by asalimpo(m): 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
ProphetUdeme:

I have finally concluded my research on the doctrines of the jehovah witness as they are part of the christian body because the have accepted Jesus as the Christ

but with pains in my heart. The discrepancy between the Jehovah witness and the church of God is much as they kick against many belief.. Now i am humbly inviting 2 members of the JW sect to come and answer some questions that confuses me. I know they are knowledgeble in the word ass they will explain to us the questions i shall ask. Thanks and remain blessed.
1. Heaven
2. Eternal Hell fire
3. Rapture of the Saints
4. Trinity
9. Worship of Jesus

a group tht doesnt believe in the Divinity of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit,Hell fire,The blood of Jesus
isnt a Christian group, no matter how christian they try to be.
JW is a false religion concieved and invented by satan and his ministers of false religions. And it targets christians/those with a christian slant, theyre many pdeudo-christian cults and they suck many to hell who wouldnt buy out of the way crap like eastern religion and so on.
Notice also tht islam was concocted with a lotta christian-elements within and it holds a massive amount of deluded souls?
Religion is satan's chief weapon for taking millions to hell gladly, anoda is war,notice how there's always a war going on somewhere on d planet?

3 Likes

Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 26, 2014
asalimpo:

a group tht doesnt believe in the Divinity of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit,Hell fire,The blood of Jesus
isnt a Christian group, no matter how christian they try to be.
JW is a false religion concieved and invented by satan and his ministers of false religions. And it targets christians/those with a christian slant, theyre many pdeudo-christian cults and they suck many to hell who wouldnt buy out of the way crap like eastern religion and so on.
Notice also tht islam was concocted with a lotta christian-elements within and it holds a massive amount of deluded souls?
Religion is satan's chief weapon for taking millions to hell gladly, anoda is war,notice how there's always a war going on somewhere on d planet?

You ve succeeded in saying nothing. I can just say similar thing against your own religion or even worse, but does it change a dime? If we are to call upon you to defend your accusations biblically, that's when we see who is right, not blabbing. Thats the way the pharisees go on destroying the name of Jesus and his disciples. Was it ever worthwhile?

[size=16]You[/size] are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.”—John 8:44.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 26, 2014
Boomark:
For those who have been taught that they all will go to heaven, read this carefully. If it must come to pass then you have to go and check what you believe in.

Revelation 21:1-3
A New Heaven and a New Earth
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people (men/mankind), and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Revelation 21:23-26
23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.

This will take place at the last day. Did the Holy city go up into heaven or did it come down out of heaven from God? Who are these people(men/mankind in some translation)? Who are the kings of the earth and where do they reside, in heaven or on earth?

At this point, the kingdom must have come and the will of God will be done on earth as it is in heaven, Mat 6:10. And the meek shall inherit the earth, Mat 5:5.

Please am not a Jehovah's Witness. I believe some of the truth they share which some found difficult to believe cos it is not what their church fathers and Pastors teach them.

Wow, I never knew the above previously. I thought you were a witness.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 26, 2014
Bernimoore isn't a witness too. But he ll answer you I guess.
Re: The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God by johnw74: 2:55am On Dec 26, 2014
~

Do JW's still teach that Jesus is an angel?

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

God called the Son, "God".

~

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Celebs Who Mocked God And How They Ended. / Witchcraft Exposed / 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.