Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

First Flight Quick Tips - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / First Flight Quick Tips (1988 Views)

Quick Tips How To Increase Your Earnings From Affiliate Program In Nigeria / QUICK TIPS ON How To Make The Right Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
hey guys! there is nothing actually romantic about this topic, i just need some First Flight Quick Tips and i trust nlanders to enlighten me as i will be flying to eko tomoro frm abj via AZMAN AIR, then frm eko to warri via AERO, and will return to abj on sunday wit AERO. i pray for safety IJN.
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by ooman(m): 12:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
And this is in Romans section? Are you lost or something?

Edit: Its been moved to the General section...
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
dnt be too shy to take selfie .......
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
afolag:
dnt be too shy to take selfie .......
sure thing
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
Tips:

1) If you must fly domestically, I recommend just Arik and Aero. Anything else is just too risky for me.

2) Ensure you get to the airport on time. Be there at least an hour before your flight. Domestic flights usually require you to check in before 45 mins to your flight but since this is your first time try to get there earlier than that.

3) On getting to the airport, go straight to the stand for your service provider to verify when check-in would begin for your flight. If you are there an hour before depature, chances are that they have already begun.

4) Do not forget your means of identification and your booking ref. For online bookings you can print out your online booking form. These would be needed to secure your boarding pass.

5) Try to travel light, if you must travel with all the bags and baggages in Nigeria, be prepared to pay extra. Hand luggage can be carried aboard the plane.

6) Creams and any liquid substance may not be permitted on board if they are not securely wrapped and sealed. Items like needles or any sharp objects ain't allowed.

7) After getting your boarding pass, go straight to the depature lounge. You can ask the ticketing officer for directions.

8.) Ensure you listen attentively to the announcer in order not to miss when your flight is expected to take off. There are usually two warning calls and the final call for boarding. The announcer would normally call on the airline name and then the Plane number. This is written boldly on your boarding pass.

9) In the plane, an Air hostess would usually guide you on your seat location (though this should be on your boarding pass), how to put on stuff like seat belt, life jackets and general safety tips.

10) Always ask questions when in doubt. It would help too be close to someone experienced and boarding same plane with you. Don't form 'Mr. Know it all'.

11) Remember to relax and enjoy your trip.

If I remember any more, I will surely let you know. Safe trip.

2 Likes

Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
striktlymi:
Tips:

1) If you must fly domestically, I recommend just Arik and Aero. Anything else is just too risky for me.

2) Ensure you get to the airport on time. Be there at least an hour before your flight. Domestic flights usually require you to check in before 45 mins to your flight but since this is your first time try to get there earlier than that.

3) On getting to the airport, go straight to the stand for your service provider to verify when check-in would begin for your flight. If you are there an hour before depature, chances are that they have already begun.

4) Do not forget your means of identification and your booking ref. For online bookings you can print out your online booking form. These would be needed to secure your boarding pass.

5) Try to travel light, if you must travel with all the bags and baggages in Nigeria, be prepared to pay extra. Hand luggage can be carried aboard the plane.

6) Creams and any liquid substances may not be permitted on board if they are not securely wrapped and sealed. Items like needles or any sharp objects ain't allowed.

7) After getting your boarding pass, go straight to the depature lounge. You can ask the ticketing officer for directions.

8.) Ensure you listen attentively to the announcer in order not to miss when your flight is expected to take off. There are usually two warning calls and the final call for boarding. The announcer would normally call on the airline name and then the Plane number. This is written boldly on your boarding pass.

9) In the plane, an hostess would usually guide you on your seat location (though this should be on your boarding pass), how to put on stuff like seat belt, life jackets and general safety tips.

10) Always ask questions when in doubt. It would help too be close to someone experienced and boarding same plane with you. Don't form 'Mr. Know it all'.

thank u so much! for number 9, there is no seat number in the ticket i printed online. do u mean i wil be given a boardin pass wit seat number?
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
Jenams:

thank u so much! for number 9, there is no seat number in the ticket i printed online. do u mean i wil be given a boardin pass wit seat number?

The seat number will be on your boarding pass. While boarding the stub would be handed to you. That too contains the seat number.

The seats for commercial planes are usually arranged systematically to the right and left. The numbers are alphanumeric. If your seat is say "18A"...you go to row 18 and use seat "A". The Air hostess should be able to guide you though.

Depending on the type of plane. Seats " A" and "d" are usually window seats. There are times seats may be taken at random too. Always follow the Air hostess' or host' directions.

You may not be allowed to use the seats by the door if you cannot help open it in the event of an emergency. On such cases, you would be allotted some other seating position.

Don't worry you will be tutored on how to open it, in the event that you got to sit in that position.

Try and enjoy the flight, though I don't trust your first service provider.

1 Like

Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
striktlymi:

The seat number will be on your boarding pass. While boarding the stub would be handed to you. That too contains the seat number.

The seats for commercial planes are usually arranged systematically to the right and left. The numbers are alphanumeric. If your seat is say "18A"...you go to row 18 and use seat "A". The Air hostess should be able to guide you though.

Depending on the type of plane. Seats " A" and "d" are usually window seats. There are times seats may be taken at random too. Always follow the Air hostess' or host' directions.

You may not be allowed to use the seats by the door if you cannot help open it in the event of an emergency. On such cases, you would be allotted some other seating position.

Don't worry you will be tutored on how to open it, in the event that you got to sit in that position.

Try and enjoy the flight, though I don't trust your first service provider.
wow tnks tnks tnks! i will follow ur instructions sir. and pls is it advisable to seat close to the window? cos i have phobia for height. . . and can i use my earphone onboard?
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
Jenams:
wow tnks tnks tnks! i will follow ur instructions sir. and pls is it advisable to seat close to the window? cos i have phobia for height. . . and can i use my earphone onboard?

I think window seats are cool. Apart from when you take off and the landing, you would rarely see the ground. So being afraid of heights may not count much.

If you aren't comfortable with the window seats you can always ask the ticketer to allocate a seat along the aisle.

People are usually advised to turn off all electronic devices but if you have something that doesn't interfer with the planes radio communication, you may be permitted to use it. Phones are generally not allowed to be on.
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
striktlymi:

I think window seats are cool. Apart from when you take off and the landing, you would rarely see the ground. So being afraid of heights may not count much.

If you aren't comfortable with the window seats you can always ask the ticketer to allocate a seat along the aisle.

People are usually advised to turn off all electronic devices but if you have something that doesn't interfer with the planes radio communication, you may be permitted to use it. Phones are generally not allowed to be on.
bless u sir!
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
Luggage prepared n well arranged! Xmass holiday mode activated!
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2014
@home preparing to leave for the airport
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2014
@ d airport now, av gotten my boardin pass, waitin for my first flight ever to be announced. #SafetyAllTheWay.
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
Tnk God for journey mercies. We arrived safely.

1 Like

Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hmmmm thank God for everyting, am bak to abj again, took 3 flight and it was all successful! whoeva invented aeroplane is xtra ordinary human specie I tell ya'
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
striktlymi:
Tips:

6) Creams and any liquid substance may not be permitted on board if they are not securely wrapped and sealed. Items like needles or any sharp objects ain't allowed.

9) In the plane, an Air hostess would usually guide you on your seat location (though this should be on your boarding pass), how to put on stuff like seat belt, life jackets and general safety tips.

you must do alot of flying,this is sooo accurate...noice.
Re: First Flight Quick Tips by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
jemimaa01:
you must do alot of flying,this is sooo accurate...noice.

Thanks smiley

(1) (Reply)

Most Annoying Moments On Nairaland. / Android Imei Number Change It To Blackberry Imei Without Rooting. / Nff's Head Of Women Football Unit Ms Ruth David And Sister Dutchess David At For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.