Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light (43926 Views)

Eko Atlantic: Champagne Pearl Tower - 30 Floors & Black Pearl Tower / Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) / Lagos Unveil Eko Atlantic City’s Pearl Towers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Horus(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
[size=19pt]Eko Atlantic City showcases first street light [/size]

Monday, 22 December 2014 00:00

Written by Tunde Alao

THE city carved out of the Atlantic ocean has started to take shape, as the first residential and commercial tower blocks under construction can now be clearly seen in the light of day from Ahmadu Bello Way on Victoria Island and the Marina on Lagos Island. Recently, another brave move was made by developers, with the launch of a new facility, known as LED Light, which the promoters described as the best technology in modern day streetlight. The lighting system is installed in one of the street in the Atlantic City, where road construction has reach an appreciable stage called Eko Boulevard.

Conducting Journalists around the first phase of the infrastructure last week, the Managing director of South Energyx Nigeria Limited, the developer of the new city, Mr. David Frame said the facility is to herald a new dawn in Eko Atlantic, thus, bring into light, huge construction work going on and that are not visible to those who have never visited the site. “But now there is something new to see at nighttime after a section of new road in the emerging city was illuminated by streetlights. Eko Atlantic’s road system is rolling out more and more each day but it is the first time any of the internal city routes have been lit”, said Frame.

First street lights in Eko Atlantic (LED Light)

According to Frame, the first row of lights along Eko Boulevard, a paved eight-lane thoroughfare that is over a mile long and is the spine of the Business District, will be extended in the New Year as the developers forge ahead with infrastructure development. “Presently, concrete block paved roads, spacious sidewalks and kerbs are being built in the first and second phases of developing the Eko Atlantic city. The project development area is now so large and progressing so quickly that it won’t be long before we need internal road signs to drive around,” said Frame.

To date 10 per cent of Eko Atlantic’s roads in Phase I and II are paved while 32 per cent have stone-base in place providing access to motor vehicles, while about 25 per cent of the roads are defined with kerb lines. Besides, 56 per cent of storm water drainage has been installed along with 34 per cent of what he described as “state-of-the-art communications”, while 50 per cent of the sewage distribution network and 36 per cent of the water supply network are already completed.

“We are very satisfied that the street lighting has come on as this represents another important step in the successful development of Eko Atlantic,’ said Frame, who hinted that every infrastructure, facilities and amenities in the city are being followed to the letter. “All what our consultant, Messrs Dar Handasah consulting engineering put in place is to ensure that the city will meet all the mission and vision of the new city.

”For those still in the dark about what Eko Atlantic City is about, the planned city is being constructed on land reclaimed from the Atlantic Ocean along the Lagos Bar Beach. It is expected that when completed, the new island will be home to about 400,000 residents, with a daily flow of 250,000 commuters. Adjacent to Victoria Island, Eko Atlantic is being touted by its proponents - South Energyx Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of the Chagoury group specifically created to undertake the development as the next generation of property in Africa, which will in turn transform Lagos into the economic hub of the mother continent.

Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/property/property/191151-eko-atlantic-city-showcases-first-street-light

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by waleadex(m): 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
This is beautiful....

12 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
Impressive.

When will the project be completed?

10 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Jakpon: 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
Impressive
Building a city in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by fijiano202(m): 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
chaii...look at money

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
Jakpon:
Impressive
Building a city in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
the city won't be located in the middle of an ocean rather at the coast of an ocean.

33 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Jakpon: 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
customized13:
the city won't be located in the middle of an ocean rather at the bank of an ocean.
It stretches right into the Ocean

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
Jakpon:
It stretches right into the Ocean
can you define "middle"?

10 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
Can't wait. Looking great

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 2:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
YEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!shocked

LONG LIVE APC gringringrinwinkwink

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by YoursGEJ(m): 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
dhammyg:
YEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!shocked
ToyozzieTohBad:
ok

S_B_A_N when are we holding our own primary and where can we buy the nomination form? Because I want contest for president

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by LMAyedun(m): 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
When you see a good thing u must appreciate... Politics apart, Impressive.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
Wow
Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by englishmart(m): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
Waaaaaaat? First street light in 2014?
Something we've been enjoying for over a hundred years. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Jakpon: 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
If facts serves me right, the last time the federal government built a city anywhere in Lagos nay Yorubaland was in 1977 after the Festival of arts and culture(FESTAC)

i like what these new generation of Yoruba Governors are doing. Tinubu initated the idea behind the Eko Atlantic Project, Fashola is building it, Ambode will complete it.

Amosun is also doing something similar in Ogun state with the Kobape city, New Makun city etc. A MOU was recently signed with UBA construction consortium for the construction of MITROS CITY which will be situated at the popular Kara market(the market would be relocated) on the edge of the Ogun river in Isheri after Magodo few minute drive from Ojodu Berger

Yorubaland oni Baje o

65 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by powerblaze(m): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nice to see.. Of course, it's built by the rich for the very rich..
But then, we all benefit one way or another

7 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by shiffynaani(m): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
Lagos is progressing,southwest is progressing,APC at work!! Come 2015,we shall experience more!!!

14 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
Jakpon:
Eko

ONI BAJE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cool

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by grinface98(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
It's already over for these dumb dudes jare.
Mr fashola, ur time is up!
Jimi Agbaje for Lagos in 2015!
Vote for change!
PDP all the way!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by critics: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
whaoo! this is really beautiful kiss

join the polls now for Nigeria best performing governor(all sectors of the economy inclusive)
Amaechi currently leads the pack

here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/2052757/amaechi-currently-leading-best-nigerian#29112729

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Sylvarresta(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
Make I hustle hard buy house for that place, my parent too must enjoy

11 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by bastien: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
OK o
Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by scribble: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
I need one plot there

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
ALL HAIL THE PROFESSOR...we all know your GPA is taking a nap at the motherless babies home......i mean you couldn't raise it yourself cool
customized13:
can you define "middle"?

11 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Wisdytech(m): 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
REWARD SEASON: Win free 3 months Music
promotions worth over N40,000, valid till 31st
January 2015.@ www.nairaland.com/2058541/seasons-reward-up-coming-music
Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by deejayterabyte(m): 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Am impressed , chai fashola dey burst my brain

11 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Vanpascore(m): 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Good
Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by omenka(m): 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Not yet sufficient for my applause.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by datola: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
It can be scary living in midst of ocean.

"Money answereth all things"
Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by loomer: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
MAKE I FINISH MY BURGER I DE COME

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Na Inside water e dey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos / THE NEW FACE OF FLOURISH RESIDENCE 2 BY SHOPRITE, BEAUTIFUL! JUST BUY AND BUILD! / General Finishings Of 5bdrs luxury Duplex At Ajah Area For Nl Member By Rotech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.