Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! - Autos (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! (48214 Views)

Ship your car(s) or Goods From Abroad Via Cotonou Port To Nigeria Plus Advice. / WANT TO SHIP YOUR JEEP,CARS,TRUCK VIA COTONU/SEAPORT: Call Me ,08060989506 / WANT TO SHIP YOUR CARS VIA COTONUO PORT TO NAIJA FROM ABROAD PLUS ADVISE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dismantling Services for Salvage Vehicles

If you are dealing in vehicle spare parts, we are happy to offer you a large selection of salvage vehicles for the most affordable prices and our dismantling service.
How it works? AuctionExport is a web portal to the world of wholesale automotive auctions. Our team can help you find the right car and make a successful purchase.You simply specify how exactly you need the car to be disassembled and we will provide you with the service for a separate price. Once all details have been agreed and arranged, our Shipping team will see through the vehicle cutting process and arrange the whole transportation process of your spare parts.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
Buy More Cars & Get More Benefits

If you are an experienced car shopper making purchases regularly, our Membership program is for you. The volume of benefits you get with us depends on your membership level (Solver, Gold or Platinum).
Membership level is determined by the number of qualifying purchases you have made with AuctionExport during the calendar year:
Silver 3 qualifying purchases
Gold 7 qualifying purchases
Platinum 10 qualifying purchases
From the moment a level has been determined and applied, you will get benefits on your next purchases and enjoy additional services. Simply mention your membership level to your sales agent when buying a car - https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Home/HowToBuy?section=10
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2016
A Monster Hurricane is Approaching South-East Coast of USA

Just for your information, there can be delays in ground transportation:

Hurricane Matthew is expected to reach Florida and North Carolina by Friday. It has already passed over Haiti and right now is located in Cuba and Bahamas area. As per forecasters there can be a reason for concern. Heavy downpours in Haiti caused flood and landfalls. Rick Knabb, hurricane center director, advised to US citizens to leave for some time if they are in evacuation zone. The state of emergency was declared in Florida and North Carolina.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
Jacksonville, FL port will be closed on Oct 6 and 7th, 2016

Based on Hurricane Matthew's current path towards the US, the port in Jacksonville, FL has already declared that the terminal will close tomorrow (10/6) at 10:00 am for receiving. In addition, they will be closed on Friday (10/7) as well.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
Few Things You Should Know About Shipping Price

First of all, shipping cost is a separate price which we include into your invoice total amount.
Then, if you buy a vehicle and want it to be shipped to your destination port, we would need to arrange inland and ocean shipping service for you. So the price will consist of the ground delivery cost and the ocean shipping charges.
The shipping price varies according to the item's localization and condition, and the price of the vehicle does not matter.
To get an estimated shipping cost, please use the Shipping Calculator feature that is located on every vehicle profile.
https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Home/Shipping
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
How To Request A Callback?

If you want to contact us directly, you can request a callback on the website. Simply log-in to your profile and choose a vehicle you want to request more information on. If you are not registered with us, please proceed with registration prior to requesting callback.
In top right corner of every vehicle listing, you will see a "Request Callback" button. Click it and specify the nature of your question.
We will process your request and one of our Customer Support agents will contact you shortly afterward.
To start searching for your car, use the Search section - https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Inventory
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2016
What Are the Advantages of Shipping Vehicles with AuctionExport?

Average shipping time is 45-60 days ONLY!
You can use the Shipping Calculator to calculate estimate shipping costs to any country.
Do your own 40'' container with us and save more money.
Auction Export can ship your car parts along with your car.
All original bill of ladings are sent 5-7 days prior of vehicle or container arrival.
https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Home/Shipping
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
Vessel Tracking

AuctionExport introduces its new innovative feature - Live Vessel tracking. Now, You can track your cargo live through our new profile feature. You can View the Location of your ship through your profile under the vehicle status tab. You will receive a notification if this option becomes available for your vehicle, after it has been delivered to the exit port.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
Import Process

Please note that we are currently offering 2 types of ocean shipping to NIGERIA. Those are RORO and CONTAINER Consolidation shipping. Below we will briefly explain the importation process for each of the shipping types.

CONTAINER CONSOLIDATION
RORO SHIPPING

If you have any questions related to the Nigeria's requirements for importation feel free to contact shipping@auctionexport.com.
Telephone: +1 416.900.3303 ext: 3
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday: 9.00 am to 6.00 pm EST (except holidays)
https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Home/Shipping?section=7&sub=Nigeria
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2016
CONTAINER CONSOLIDATION
Before Vessel Arrives:

Container information is given to the agent by Auction Export.
Customs gives the agent an estimated value.
Later, customs inspects the goods to confirm if there is any discrepancy. If anything contrary is found, customs will raise the value by giving DN (debit note). Additional customs Duty would have to be paid.
The agent then contacts the clients, so they can make payments towards the clearing of their vehicles. This should be done at least two weeks before the arrival of the container in order to avoid delays and extra charges.
There is no exact value amount stipulated for vehicles. They are charged based on the weight, year, make, model and sometimes condition of the car.

Steps to Pick up your Vehicle
Note: ‎Container clearing takes an estimated 3-5 working days.

1 Vessel arrives and containers are discharged and taken to the container terminal.
2 The container is booked for examination.
3 The container is examined.
4 Nigeria Customs gives valuation for each car in the container.
5 The Container is released.
6 Shipping company payments are made and documents are received.
7 Exit is confirmed at the gate. Agent takes delivery of the goods for distribution to the respective owners.

* More so, clients can go to the custom office to confirm the valuation of their cars.
Valuation is a customs written document given to agents. It enables them to know the amount needed to be paid. Customs has its own data/information for all cars being imported into the country, so there is no need to declare the value of the vehicles on the Bill of Lading (view sample)
Individuals are not allowed to handle the valuation of a car except the official custom officer.

You may pay the following charges based on customs valuation:
Import duty is 35% of custom valuation of a car.
Ecowas levy is 5%‎
Port levy is 7 %
Vat is 5%
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 10:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
REPO cars

Repo is short for the repossessed inventory, meaning vehicles for resale. Some of these Repo cars can be on the way to destination port or at the port already. In such case, you will see the notice "IN TRANSIT" on the vehicle's page.
Buying one of the repossessed vehicles, you will pay only two mandatory fees ( AuctionExport fee and Paperwork fee). Please view the list - https://www.auctionexport.com/en/cars/dealer_repo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78jCghGWVaQ
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 10:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
Important!

Please note that Ports of America changed its regulations in regards to NON DRIVABLE and EXTENSIVE DAMAGED vehicles. Please note that Auction Export will now use container shipping for all extensive damaged, non drivable vehicles that have to be forklifted and are going to WEST AFRICA. All drivable vehicles without visible extensive damage will sail by RORO as usual, vehicles that are non drivable and do not have extensive damage will be accepted by RORO TOWABLE. Port of destination will stay the same as Tincan Port for Nigeria.

All shipping prices are estimates.

Please beware that all vehicles going by RORO must be run and drive and not have extensive damage. Please note certain conditions may apply. In the event these are unable to be shipped by RORO, container consolidation and/or RORO towable may also be available to some destinations.
Please contact our Transportation Department shipping@auctionexport.com for exact shipping costs.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
Updated schedule for you guys kiss

Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
Vessel Tracking

Vessel tracking: AuctionExport introduces its new innovative feature - Live Vessel tracking. Now, You can track your cargo live through our new profile feature. You can View the Location of your ship through your profile under the vehicle status tab. You will receive a notification if this option becomes available for your vehicle, after it has been delivered to the exit port.

Useful tip:
Unfortunately not every shipping line provides GPS tracking.
If you can't see this service available in your profile there are lots of services to track your shipment by the vessel name or container #
Check the web wink
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
For those, who doesn't like reading

Our shipping Webinar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImsqACfWrhE
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
Air shipping

Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
Beware of Snowbird Season

Snowbird Effect: During the pre-winter months of October and December many retirees move their cars and furniture to Florida to spend the winter in a warmer climate. This limits the amount of empty trucks moving South along the Eastern shore of the U.S.A. To ports in Georgia and Florida causing the potential delays for vehicle delivery to ports and warehouses. This trend is reversed in the pre-summer months.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
Other Issues Can Effect time of Transportation

Auction Vehicles: If the vehicle is purchased from an auction the selling party has up to 30 days to turn in the title/ownership for the vehicle. This can cause significant delays for the shipping process as the vehicle will not be picked up until the title/ownership is present. Please ask an Auction Export representative if the vehicle title/ownership is present prior to purchase to avoid this delay.

Overground Delivery duration: Certain areas of the U.S.A. have a seasonal or yearly low traffic volume increasing the amount of time elapsed between vehicle purchase and delivery to the warehouse or port. States with low traffic volume include, but are not limited to, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. Delays can also occur due to bad weather conditions in the winter months. Please note that other potential delays can occur from truck breakdowns which are rare but unavoidable.

Port Delays: Please be aware that delays can sometimes occur during the winter months when the ports are closed or there is lack of available containers due to bad weather conditions.
Please note, NJ customs are overburdened due to very high volume, and delays with documentation are not uncommon. When shipping RORO there may be delays due to the large volume the shipping line is experiencing, in this case, the vehicle will be loaded onto the next vessel with available cargo space.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by iswallker(m): 10:04pm On Oct 22, 2016

Export1:
Export Car From USA To Nigeria At Cheap Prices

If you are a car lover in Nigeria, you can just export car from USA to Nigeria to fulfill all your road dreams. It is often difficult to get models of premium cars in the limited number of local showrooms. You might find that you have to pay additional taxes for your country making the car grossly overpriced. Now, you can take full advantage of online sites that offer car shipping Nigeria at affordable rates and through prompt deliveries.
Sites like Auction Export.com have a streamlined auction procedure that allows you to import car to Nigeria without the hassle of complex paperwork and long deliveries. You can look at the search feature to select the car and model of your choice from a well stocked inventory. Once you have chosen your car, you need to register yourself at the site and make an auction bid. You can bid for used cars Nigeria or new models. If your purchase and payment is approved, your ownership of the car is guaranteed.
You might have come across Nigeria accident cars that are low on safety and quality. Such sites offer premium quality and flawless design at your dream price. After the payment is approved, your car is delivered directly from the location of the auction to your doorstep in Nigeria. The shipping is done through a combination of inland and oceanic transport to maintain reliability and be on schedule. The best option is to export car from USA to Nigeria so you get the best deals right from your home.

If I make a 500 dollar deposit via finance tab and I do NOT win the bid. Can I request for deposit without being charged. I found a car I may bid for. Thanks.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
iswallker:

If I make a 500 dollar deposit via finance tab and I do NOT win the bid. Can I request for deposit without being charged. I found a car I may bid for. Thanks.

Thank you for your question

If your bid is not successful, your deposit stays at your account in full.
You can request a refund any time, but not earlier than 2 weeks from it's been applied.
All the inquiries about payments and transactions can be forwarded to our Collection Department: Robert@auctionexport.com
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 10:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Toyota Corolla 50th Anniversary Promotion Is Still On

If you have ever bought a Toyota Corolla on AuctionExport website, you have a wonderful chance to win $100 on your next purchase with us!
To participate, simply post your picture with the purchased Toyota Corolla car under hashtag #AuctionExportCorolla50 here on Facebook or Instagram.
On October 31st, three participants with the most liked pictures will get 100$ promo credit towards their next purchase with Auction Export.
Good luck to all of you!
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
Need More Information on the Chosen Car's Condition?

AutoCheck® vehicle history reports provide data on reported accidents and negative events such as:
Odometer rollback;
Salvage or junk brands ;
Damage from hail, flood or fire;
Lemon vehicles;
Vehicles used as fleet, taxis or rentals;
Records of theft and loans/liens.
You can order the service directly from the vehicle's page or via AuctionExport Profile (Services >> AuoCheck) - https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Profile/Autocheck. The sample can be found in the same section.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
VIN

Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
Try Our "Notify Me" Service Free of Charge

If you are in need of a specific car and do not have time or possibility to browse the inventory on a regular basis, try inventory updates notifications.
The NOTIFY ME feature will send you email updates to inform you about freshly added car deals, that match your requirements.
To sign up please select SERVICES tab in your profile, go to NOTIFY ME link and specify your preferences there.
If you haven't created an AuctionExport profile yet, please proceed with registration.

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Profile/Notifications
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2016

Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
Container services

Containers have standardized (fixed) dimensions. You can usually find the most common sizes: 20', 40', 40'HC (high cube), 45', 48' and 53' available from all exit ports, but some shipping lines may not offer all sizes to specific destinations.

How it works: Our certified drivers will pick up your vehicle from its current location and deliver it to our exit warehouse. Once the vehicle arrives, pictures will be taken and uploaded on your profile. Depending on the shipping option chosen, your vehicle will be loaded either by container consolidation towards our clearing agent as soon as more of our other client's vehicles are ready. Or we will wait on the rest of your vehicles to arrive in the case you are doing your own container. Usually vehicles are loaded in a 40' with 3 more cars aside from yours. Making it a 40' with 4 cars.

Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
LiveChat Support

If you have an urgent matter to discuss or simply have a suggestion to share, you can take full advantage of the LiveChat feature available to all the the visitors and members of the website on right side. You will be asked to enter your name, e-mail and nature of question.
So that our staff member can assist you better, please fill out all the empty fields. Feel free to use this option, for we are glad to hear from you and see your interest.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2016
Frequently asked questions

How can I find out the shipping price for the car?
Is THE shipping calculator accurate?
Can I use my own transportation company?
How do I know how far my car IS from the exit port?
Is my vehicle safe while being transported between the states?
How can I check the status of my shipment?
How will my cars be shipped?
What is a “RO RO” shipping?
What is a “Container” shipping?
How many cars can be shipped in a 40 feet container?
What is consolidation?
Which port is better for consolidation?
How long does it take to get my car?
How may I know if Auction Export provides shipping to my country?

You can find all the answers here

https://www.auctionexport.com/en/Home/HowToBuy?section=7
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
Fees

Late fees of $50 or 0.125% per day will be applied to all unpaid purchased cars. If we do not receive the payment or confirmation of the payment for 5 days after the purchase, your car will be relisted and a minimum fee of $400 or 10% from the bid amount will be charged and/or your car will be put up for sale and all the costs that will be applicable to a resale of the vehicle will be billed towards your deposit.

Please, make sure to complete the payment on time to avoid any kind of fees kiss
More details at info@auctionexport.com
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
How to Track Your Purchased Vehicle through Your Profile.

You can access this feature on your profile page. Simply log-in and select the PURCHASES tab. Click on the VIN# of the car that you purchased. Under the shipping status bar, you will see your vehicle shipping statuses:
Dispatched, - means that one of our licensed drivers pick up your car from the point of sale;
Delivered, - depending on the way of transportation, our driver will drop off your vehicle at our warehouse, exit port or airport;
Customs, - during 1-3 week period of time, the US Customs will evaluate all supporting paperwork provided by us ti ensure all documentation is legal and ready for export;
Loaded, - means that your car has been loaded on the assigned vessel and on the way to your destination;
Released, - original documents will be sent to you or a clearing agent at least 5-7 days before the vessel reach the port.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us by shipping@auctionexport.com.

Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
ADD TO MY WATCH LIST is a useful AuctionExport Service that allows you to save your search results and check on them later. Add vehicles to your Watch List and compare prices and conditions before making your choice.
Browsing through the website simply click ADD TO MY WATCH LIST button on any vehicle profile and car will be added to your WATCHLIST:
In order to check the cars in your WATCH LIST, log-in to your AuctionExport client Profile, go to the SERVICES section and choose WATCH LIST. To remove cars from your WATCH LIST simply click on the grey icon.
Re: How to Ship your Car from North America to Nigeria! by Export1: 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
Updated shipping schedule for you guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

Meet The Six Bulletproof Cars You Can Buy / ⚫⚫CARFAX™ Vehicle History Reports!! VIN / Chassis No. ☎️ +2347011116171⚫⚫ / The Installation Process Of Innoson New Automated Plant Nnewi (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.