Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet (28942 Views)

Lagos Government To Buy New Helicopter / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet / President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Sirniyeh(m): 4:52am On Dec 24, 2014
www.saharareporters.com/2014/12/23/president-jonathan-buy-new-executive-jet

President Goodluck Jonathan wants to ride yet another new aircraft, and he has asked the National Assembly to approve the purchase.

The request is part of the 2015 budget presented to the National Assembly in Abuja last week by the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala. It will be the fourth such purchase since he took office in 2010.

To make the acquisition of the gleaming new toy fit for the electoral stomp an attractive proposition, the presidency will trade in one of the planes currently in the presidential fleet. But the purchase will still gulp N400 million as deposit to the manufacturer.

Towards combating the insurgency in the country, the appropriation bill contains a N1,308,400,600 proposal to be spent on NICEP II security elements phase II by the NSA; N2,093,861,553 for maritime border security solutions (Falcon Eye); N2,093,861,553 for North-East border security solutions and N850 million for the DSS to buy more firearms and ammunition for all the service formations.

Defense, which comprises the Ministry of Defense, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force, has a vote of N358,466,078,698.

Similarly, the Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA), comprising the National Intelligence Agency, the Department of State Security, the Presidential Air Fleet (which manages the presidential fleet of aircraft), has a budgetary proposal of N84,128,320,723.

The bill also shows a proposal of N215,635,713 for foodstuff and catering equipment for the presidency, suggesting that the equipment is replaced every
year.

Furthermore, the presidency will spend N26,663,050,469:
N12,917,727,634 on personnel,
N11,165,322,836 on overhead,
N24,083,050,470 on recurrent expenditure, and N2,579,999,999 on capital projects.

The budgetary provisions further show an estimate of N150 billion for the National Assembly, and N73 billion is budgeted for the judiciary.

For the Ministry of Finance, there is a proposal of N1,727,288,461,558, a large proportion of which is dedicated to a what is called the "Service Wide Vote".
The "Service Wide Vote" is explained as a vote created to serve all Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) for emergency purposes not captured in
MDAs yearly budgets, but for which funding has been provided.

Funds are disbursed from the Service Wide Vote with approval from the National Assembly through appropriation, and the Minister of Finance approving the request from demanding MDAs for the
funds.

In the proposals, the education sector has an estimate of N492,034,986,591, and health, N257,543,773,757.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by honfarouk(m): 4:57am On Dec 24, 2014
Na wa oo. And ppl stil won vote for this man. Oh well na dem knw

165 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Beesluv: 5:02am On Dec 24, 2014
That's the jet that will take him back to otueke in 2015

191 Likes 13 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by okparea(m): 5:06am On Dec 24, 2014
them swear give jonathan with jet na every 3 months he dey buy new one .. never trust a man without shoe shey

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by eye4eye: 5:15am On Dec 24, 2014
Jonathan is cursed! Dem swear for the man to make sure this country bankrupt ni? Nine presidential aircraft, yet he still want more. It takes 500 million naira to maintain nine presidential jets in the last budget.

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by lawrencemleopo: 5:17am On Dec 24, 2014
grin Nigeria, I hail thee.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by saaedlee: 5:20am On Dec 24, 2014
Another exhibition of Unlimited Cluelessness

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by AWONEYAN(m): 5:24am On Dec 24, 2014
When he was crying I had no shoe, 4 years ago, we tought shoe was his problem. We don't know he meant; I will buy jets evry year while nigerians with cars will soon pack them cos of fuel.
Is dis part of the austerity measure by dis govt. I know NOI would have been tired of dis mess her self

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by GboyegaD(m): 5:44am On Dec 24, 2014
I give up on Jonathan. With the level of poverty in the country this guy still acts as though he doesn't have a brain.

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by temitemi1(m): 5:55am On Dec 24, 2014
If he doesn't need it he won't be buying it... GEJ till 2019!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by eye4eye: 6:00am On Dec 24, 2014
temitemi1:
You are indeed a goat. I can see you get no sleep again. You have been cursed never to sleep or know peace again in your life. Go and die already.

246 Likes 12 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by EagleScribes: 6:03am On Dec 24, 2014
Please is this part of the austerity measures?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Zico5(m): 6:05am On Dec 24, 2014
It seems this man get brain damage. Because I wonder how he should be thinking in wrong direction always. There re many serious and sensitive issues to attend to not aircraft again.I think his problems is not advisers, he is just a tolder

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by subterfuge: 6:08am On Dec 24, 2014
What an irony!!!!!. In a country crying of austerity. Yet the ugly. Sheeepishly smilling coccuption hall of firm master wants to spend lavishly Then mumuu otuoke drunken fisherman will increase PHCN tariffs, also devalue the naairaThe days of this hypocritical uncircumciseed baboon called Jonathan are surely numbered. He will surely crash all on with the planes.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Williamso(m): 6:17am On Dec 24, 2014
Oya Ngozi, come and explain your austerity measures to me oh!!! I thought I understood it perfectly until I read somewhere that the presidency will spend about 4bn on feeding and travels. Now they want a new aircraft....... What 400million can do for the citizenry sad

Anytime I want to have a reason to trust this govt, they go ahead and act like their brains are in their wallets.. cry cry

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by SweetJoystick(m): 6:17am On Dec 24, 2014
Smh I said it, this man is insensitive, clueless and heartless, him government dey preach austerity measures, yet he wan buy another jet, sell off one old one in disguise to buy another. 9 jets or 10 in the presidential fleet, how many does he fly? How many has he flown in the last four years? Complete waste of public funds.... Nigerians, you have a role to play to salvage this country, vote this poor man out of power, oh I forgot, he is now a rich man enriching himself and associates. Like GMB said Nigeria is not for sale.....

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by SweetJoystick(m): 6:21am On Dec 24, 2014
eye4eye:
You are indeed a goat. I can see you get no sleep again. You have been cursed never to sleep or know peace again in your life. Go and die already.
He is more than a goat, he has been programmed to speak rubbish, to support evil, to say A is the same alphabet as E, that would see sun and call it moon. He has got no integrity or conscience. Never expect something reasonable to come out from him

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by aresa: 6:22am On Dec 24, 2014
And the useless people are telling you to get ready for austerity measures and suffering...

Nigerians are reaping what (GEJ) they sow... grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by segend(m): 6:23am On Dec 24, 2014
what is the austerity measures about. Thought it is to cut cost.........

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by omenka(m): 6:26am On Dec 24, 2014
OMG!! Our president has completely gone bunkers!!! cheesy

And Iweala endorsed this expenditure, yet someone would wanna try to convince me she's clean and intelligent.

Firefire hope you are reading this.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 24, 2014
Is it for Real or GEJ is joking?? I think he's mission is to bankrupt nigeria

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 24, 2014
temitemi1:
all dis small small pikin wey full nairaland ehn, its either you don't know what your parents are going through to feed you, give you stipends to buy MB you're using to post rubbish or you're also a descendant of pa satan of the saTANist empire...

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by honeric01(m): 6:37am On Dec 24, 2014
hehehe Jonathan Jonathan, I hope Nigerians are taking notes?

20 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by anonimi: 6:38am On Dec 24, 2014
saaedlee:
Another exhibition of Unlimited Cluelessness

Have you heard the NASS reject any of such requests
Perhaps if YOU are not clueless you should find out why they have not rejected such up till now! Or is that not what a smart person who is keen on this matter would do shocked

Lest I forget the NASS is made up of a sizeable number of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC representatTHIEVES and SINators!
Especially the HoR where the president's choice for Speaker was REJECTED in favour of that of the APC collusion!!!

Any chance to actually use that grey matter in the medulla oblongata angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by StealthyMe(m): 6:48am On Dec 24, 2014
Misplaced Priority!

You've succeeded in making me wary of the next person that'll tell me he had no shoe undecided

Oil price is down and instead of spending the money we have on other important issues,they have decided on adding yet another one to the fleet of jets.

ThereIsGod!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by personal59: 6:57am On Dec 24, 2014
Gej hmm

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Firefire(m): 7:00am On Dec 24, 2014
omenka:
OMG!! Our president has completely gone bunkers!!! cheesy

And Iweala endorsed this expenditure, yet someone would wanna try to convince me she's clean and intelligent.

Firefire hope you are reading this.

Another addition to Presidential Fleet

What kind of extravagant lifestyle is this angry

Let me assume it is just a budget and not planned to be actualize undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 24, 2014
This is insensitivity of the highest order, the country is experiencing tough times, the poor masses are dying daily, corruption is on the rise, austerity measures for the poor and yet our president needs another aircraft when he has several!

Has he ever had of the Uruguay president?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by omenka(m): 7:05am On Dec 24, 2014
Firefire:

Another addition to Presidential Fleet

What kind of extravagant lifestyle is this angry

Let me assume it is just a budget and not planned to be actualize undecided
It is not extravagance buddie, it is wickedness.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by benuejosh: 7:11am On Dec 24, 2014
i guess he needs the jet to fly back with his family to otueke in 2015.

21 Likes

Re: President Jonathan To Buy New Executive Jet by Firefire(m): 7:14am On Dec 24, 2014
omenka:
It is not extravagance buddie, it is wickedness.

If the government cannot show signs of cost savings at this critical economic downturn, it is a pity.

Can we start scrutinising all State Government budget as well, ?

Honestly, our leaders are extremely WICKED!

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami At Tinubu's 9th Colloquium. PICS / Obasanjo Calls PMB "Brother Buhari" In His Letter To The President / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Zimbabwe (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.