Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,323 members, 7,780,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:40 PM

Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck (34779 Views)

How My Family Friend Accidentally Crushed His 4year Old Son's Hand / Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns / I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Tolexander: 7:21am On Dec 24, 2014
UGHELLI—A heavy duty truck,
conveying crates of soft drinks,
yesterday, at the Okorodafe
Roundabout in Ughelli, Delta
State, crushed a four-month-old
baby girl, who had fallen off the
back of her mother travelling on
a commercial motorcycle,
popularly known as Okada.

According to witnesses, the
mother of the baby, who is in her
30s and simply identified as Ese,
was said to have been struggling
to adjust the wrapper with
which she strapped the baby to
her back, while the Okada was in
motion.

One of the witnesses, identified
as Efemena Okiemute, told
Vanguard that the baby fell on
the middle of the road and was
immediately crushed by the
truck, which was directly behind
the Okada.

When Vanguard visited the
scene, officials of Ughelli
Command of the Federal Road
Safety Commission, FRSC, were
seen clearing the remains of the
dead baby from the road.

orisun

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/baby-falls-off-mums-back-okada-crushed-truck/
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2014
Damn! That's just tragic... Probabaly an inexperienced mum or just anoda drunk warri ugheli woman.. The way those people consume ogogoro ehn! RIP little baby cry

**Modified**
All these ITK on nairaland be bashing an innocent me cry but I no send them cos I'm happy today.. U know y? I finally made it FTC tongue
@eddiebruk
@PHC4
@fydence
@iworos
@onuwaje

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by kingofpool: 7:34am On Dec 24, 2014
Chai may the soul of the innocent baby rest in peace amen

14 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by shadelek(m): 7:34am On Dec 24, 2014
Its quite unfortunate but how can that be possible? It shows that the woman is not really expecting the child at his birth. In fact, permit me to say she is not a responsible woman.

6 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by tempem: 7:37am On Dec 24, 2014
My God!
shocked My God!
That was how I saw a woman few days back, on the bike with her kids behind her, I was like, if she falls off now, her ancestors Don enter am.. people will remember that she fought someone last week and all sort... There are some things we can just avert.
why don't we keep holding on to precautionary motives?
It's a sad news, though.. But she has learnt her lesson in a hard way.
God, keep helping us to put cautions as our watchword.

9 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 24, 2014
cry why I shudder at a Mother on a bike with baby strapped on her back cry cry
RIP baby cry. The driver of that truck must be traumatized by now cry sad sad
Government has to ban this and enforce it by seizing a bike that goes contrary to this law sad angry

4 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by donmalcolm21(m): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2014
This is very pathetic, we don't deserve this kind of news this year.
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by simplemach(m): 7:40am On Dec 24, 2014
Careless mother if u ask me.

5 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Basildvalour(m): 8:05am On Dec 24, 2014
Lord Have Mercy

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2014
This news makes me cringe.

Excuse me, why didn't she get the baby off her back? Were there 4 persons on the bike? This is just the height of BS I've seen all morning.

This is crystal clear carelessness. Moms who hustle with their infants should glean and learn.
angry

5 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by xpac01(m): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2014
Its very unfortunate. But we don't have to start flinging blames at the poor mother. Poo happens you know.

5 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 24, 2014
The baby's mum should just go to her father's house from the scene of the accident and send emissaries comprising all living and dead realtions of her's and her husband's to him. This is an act of carelessness that will only take a super- human to forgive.

Whenever I see women on OKADAS with BABIES STRAPPED on their BACKS , I imagine this scenario. I think it is time tthe government makes a law on giving permits to qualified adults to start a family.

GSKing:

Look at your effing self. She should grovel because she lost her baby which if left at home, dad wouldn't take care of or a maid would beat to coma.

How insensitive could you ever be to think that the loss of this child couldn't affect her but the baby's dad alone?
Who effing carried the pregnancy and nursed the deceased baby for four good months?

She should also be consoled by whatever means possible. She's the mother of the child, she needs all the love and care she can get right now from every member of her gaddem nuclear and extended family.

Onegai:

Please will you buy her a car? Will you buy all mothers a car?! Why not actively think of safe practises to regulate okadas (I'd prefer an outright ban and equip and train tricycle riders) you're blaming the mother. Have you ever strapped a kid to your back, sometimes, you feel them loosening. It's an unfortunate and tragic accident. But if you cannot pay taxes that will enable us to provide every mother with a govt approved vehicle (impossible) then don't blame her.

The xmas is not too rosy, but you both don't have to take it out on me. Read my post with intelligence. I highlighted the areas of ambiguity to the two of you.

Women should strap their babies in front of them(babies belly on theirs) while on a bike in motion. This is safer and afford the mum the opportunity to also hold the child with her hands and control his/her movement.

I also understand that we all don't have cars and have recourse to okadas to commute from one location to another.

10 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by SkinnyDude(m): 8:45am On Dec 24, 2014
aikluck007:
Damn! That's just tragic... Probabaly an inexperienced mum or just anoda drunk warri woman.. The way those people consume ogogoro ehn! RIP little baby cry
are warri ladies irresponsible?

4 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by onuwaje(m): 9:02am On Dec 24, 2014
aikluck007:
[s]Damn! That's just tragic... Probabaly an inexperienced mum or just anoda drunk warri woman.. The way those people consume ogogoro ehn![/s] RIP little baby cry

Since wen ughelli turn warri?

15 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by hazyfm: 9:10am On Dec 24, 2014
[size=14pt]CHAI[/size]

[size=14pt]CHISOS!![/size]

WHY TRAVEL ON A BIKE WITH A BABY?

[size=14pt]WHAT A FREAKING MOTHER?[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by DonaldGenes(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2014
Oh God
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by nicflame(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2014
This kind of scenario is definitely hard to judge, mistake has no bound. Am sure the lady would never have wanted her baby to slip off, all she was doing was making him/her comfortable. So also, there's no way the driver would have averted that.
And not until something horrible happens, people will never see the error. Cos am sure you've seen thousands of women backing baby on Okada before now

26 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by prosperng: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2014
Very very sad and sorrowful news.
Never climb okada with your baby.
Enough is enough!!!!
Happy Christmas to you all.

5 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by freezyprinzy(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2014
mothers ate so careless dis days watin go stop u 4rm putting d pekin 4 ur front haba now dis z annoying
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by GSKing: 9:13am On Dec 24, 2014
shadelek:
Its quite unfortunate but how can that be possible? It shows that the woman is not really expecting the child at his birth. In fact, permit me to say she is not a responsible woman.

You must be out of your gaddem mind to have typed out this piece of trash.

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Ymodulus: 9:13am On Dec 24, 2014
DonaldGenes:
Oh God

Why are you calling him? He couldn't save the young child.

And later someone comes to tell me there is God. This incident is another proof of the Nihilty of God.

1 Like

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Jerrick(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2014
Whada eck?!! shocked
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by VocalWalls: 9:14am On Dec 24, 2014
Painful
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by GboyegaD(m): 9:14am On Dec 24, 2014
Quite pathetic. I pray God consoles the family.
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by Kul3ger(m): 9:14am On Dec 24, 2014
Gosh! C wat carelesnes has don to an innocent baby N d woman wil start blaming innocent witches n wizards...
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by chucky234(m): 9:14am On Dec 24, 2014
tempem:
My God!
shocked My God!
That was how I saw a woman few days back, on the bike with her kids behind her, I was like, if she fall off now, her ancestors Don enter am.. ppl will remember that she fought someone last week and all sort... There are some things we can just avert.
why don't we keep holing on to precautionary motives?
It's a sad news, though.. But she has learnt her lesson in a hard way.
God, keep helping us to put cautions as our watchword.
GBAGAUN classic.
English in trouble....

4 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by devigblegble: 9:14am On Dec 24, 2014
Hmmmm picshure pls
Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by DonaldGenes(m): 9:15am On Dec 24, 2014
Ymodulus:

Why are you calling him? He couldn't save the young child.

And later someone comes to tell me there is God. This incident is another proof of the Nihilty of God.

May God forgive your soul

6 Likes

Re: Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck by GSKing: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2014
DaLexyAnn:
This news makes me cringe.

Excuse me, why didn't she get the baby off her back? Were there 4 persons on the bike? This is just the height of BS I've seen all morning.

This is crystal clear carelessness. Moms who hustle with their infants should glean and learn.
angry

Well, some fathers are lazy or incapacitated, mums gotta do what the gotta do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother Who Had Accident, Broken Leg, Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Scene / Would You Agree To A Court Marriage? / Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.