Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer (1378 Views)

Your Future As A Software Developer / Are You A Software Developer Or Software Companies With Beta Solution? / Interview Questions For A Software Developer ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by ejioforstephen: 8:15am On Dec 24, 2014
Am a programmer in lagos with 4 years working experience. I earn a monthly salary of 190,000 and am well skilled in C#. My questions to others is this:

Are programmers earning the same or higher?
Am I supposed to earn higher based on my experience and skills?
Which companies offer more pay?

I really need your candid advise to help me make a better decision.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by seunoni34(m): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
ejioforstephen:
Am a programmer in lagos with 4 years working experience. I earn a monthly salary of 190,000 and am well skilled in C#. My questions to others is this:

Are programmers earning the same or higher?
Am I supposed to earn higher based on my experience and skills?
Which companies offer more pay?

I really need your candid advise to help me make a better decision.
Thanks in advance.
wow !! that's a whole lot of money if you ask me . I'm still not certain about the average salary of a developer in Nigeria . But 190k is not bad at all .
Re: Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by Chimanet(m): 4:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
190k is not bad sha, but it all depends on the company you are working for, how much they make, and how good and important you are to them. I have seen people with less than your experience that are earning far above 190k as software developers in some companies. Also you also have to diversify too, like you know, csharp, you know java, and some web technologies lyk JavaScript mvc frameworks. But most software companies in Nigeria tends to underpay software developers especially if they have low incomes or are startups. I have seen job adverts where they pay developers less than 120k. To me its incredibly poor.my advice to you is to get seriously good at what you do and be able to compete with developers outside the country, so that you have more opportunities. Because Nigeria companies prefare to pay foreigners that might even be half as good as you 5times your salary.
Re: Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by Kennyinusa(m): 10:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
It basicaly depends on the company, But i know of companies that pays more than what you earn even for an entry level job
Re: Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by EdDave(m): 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
^^^
Care to mention them? Help other folks out.

1 Like

Re: Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by xtremrules(m): 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
ejioforstephen:
Am a programmer in lagos with 4 years working experience. I earn a monthly salary of 190,000 and am well skilled in C#.
I wish to know if you have any certification in C# programming. I have been studying C# for 8 months now while in school and am planning to write its exam. Are the difficult?
Thanks
Re: Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer by codedruns: 5:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
I am a PHP programmer with the same years of experience, I earn 200k monthly! Not to talk of PPs.....

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Java GUI Stuff Executable (like desktop shortcut) / Roadmap To Becoming A Web Developer In 2017 / How You Can Be Self Employed Through Our Training Programm On Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.