Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Christmas Cum Birthday - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Christmas Cum Birthday (776 Views)

Dont Miss This Show Today Are You Smatter Than A Ten Year Old Nigerian!?if U Are Cum And Prove Ursel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Cum Birthday by sayoddy(f): 8:50am On Dec 24, 2014
Christmas and my birthday (Dec 26th) always collide but unlike the usual norm of being with my large family at my uncle's place on holiday, this year is going to be different as i'll miss this year's Christmas family tradition and merriment galore .

As a newly wedded wife of 3 weeks, i'm not supposed to visit for a month. To say i've missed my family is an understatement but hubby insisted 'Just two of us' this season and promises to make our first Christmas together as a married couple memorable.

But I wish there would be a party with people as i've never had a big birthday party before because firstly, in the previous years, it always coincided with christmas celebration and that was prefered to marking my birthday so was always birthday wishes only on my day...
You see, i've been cheated for a long time... chai, there's God o!

Secondly, as an innocent child, Nigerian movies corrupted my mind. Ah! You know these scripts at a birthday party scene, either the celebrant/parents died/kidnapped. And that discouraged me, i didn't want to die on my birthday or my loved ones

Now i know better. So for a long time, since my birthday is always a public holiday(Boxing Day), I was looking forward to do wedding on my birthday.

When I shared this with a friend, she didn't spare me with a disdain look then asked if i belonged to one evil cult and vowed to come back on that day.
Hiss. I don't blame her, she's influenced by these Africa Magic Movies.

Anyways, my dream wedding on birthday never see the light of the day because my cousin wants to do his on this dec 27th so had to mine early.

But I'm still not giving up to make Dec 26th a tradition to reckon with either to shift Christmas celebration to my birthday afterall i'm now the madam of the house. Yes ke!

Or is there any other way? pls share.

Meanwhile,
HAPPY CHRISTMAS' EVE!

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Traditionally Decorated Wedding Car / Akwa Ibom Dakkada - Today Sept 23rd 2015 / Traditional Wedding Across Borders Between Jean & Bunmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.