Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1210367 members, 1565443 topics. Date: Saturday, 26 July 2014 at 08:09 AM

All Black People Descended From Africa #2 - Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / All Black People Descended From Africa #2 (14433 Views)

Poll: What do you all think?

is this topic relevant?: 39% (13 votes)
was this topic well thought out: 9% (3 votes)
do you agree with this topic: 27% (9 votes)
does this topic make you think?: 24% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Are Most Black People Naturally Dumb Or Just Careless? / Scientists Claim Skulls Prove All Races Originate From Africa / Why Are Whites More Accepting Of Mixed Raced People Than Black People? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by toshmann(m): 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2006
point
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Sista(f): 6:16am On Aug 15, 2006
Hello brothers and sisters cheesy

I am so happy to see that this discussion seems to have become more peaceful.

Does anyone know what happen to the rest of this discussion? There were at least 20 responses in here yesterday and now there is only seven.

I thought it would have been good to see how we went from kaos to peace, it would truly be something to look back on, seeing how we can be happy with starting peace, with out holding  grudges.

I must say that I love you all cheesy

Davidylan, you are included in my love, I just wanted to say to you that I apoligize for yesterday if I made you upset in any way. I look forward to having peace with you, weather we agree or do not agree.

To the sisters:

Aren't our black men beautiful? I just love them so much! We truly have the most beautiful man on this planet and I am not just talking about his looks. When our black men are right in the head, they make the best partner in the world.

I heard someone saying something about Dr. Ben  the frist doctor to split the syamese twins. Yes, we don't here aout that because we are the ones (black people) who have to tell ourstory to our children.

Did you know that black people practically invented all the things that we use today? Benjamin Banneker a black man invented the clock by using his knowledge of the stars and he mapped out the white house by using the stars in the sky. It is believed that Benjamin Banneker had to be a direct descendent to the Dogun people from Mali. Just like the Dogun people from Mali did every thing by the stars, so did Benjamin Banneker. He also invented the Almanac, something black people referred to before they planted and harvested seeds. Isn't that something? Although he was seperated from his ancestors over those 200 years, he still managed to hold on to the traditions of his people, the Dogun. Again, I love black people! grin   

In school they don't teach that because we either live in a country that is inferior to whites, ran by whites or colonized by white people. For this reason we had to be tought what they were teaching us. What we have been tought by white people is to be more like them.

Check out: www.blackinventors.com

Again, I love you all and sisters just hold on, a good black man is coming your way. Remember don't give up on him.

Brothers, don't you give up on the black women either, you also have a responsibility in this wink
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by toshmann(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2006
we need more people like u among the women folk. if u check well, blacks seem to be the only race who are less likely to date each other than the other races. we tend to go for white girls and vice versa. but with people like u, there is hope. people who still believe in the black men.
keep it up
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by davidylan(m): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2006
@ sista
you havent realised it yet, you actually created TWO separate topics, this is the second one i dont know where the other one is though you might find it on the racism group maybe.

As for black people, it is worrying that even in African history books, we still have Mungo Park as having "discovered" the river niger, forgetting that our ancestors had been living there long before his great grandfather was born! Our continent is portrayed as a barbarian continent that was rescued from self implosion by the "almighty benevolent" white man! what nonsense! Even the ancient Igbos practiced a much purer form of George Bush's much vaunted democracy for centuries without coming to blows!
It is high time we as blacks began to inculcate oour own tradition and values into our kids soon as they are born. I live in the US yet i would love my kids to grow up the nigerian way, at least that way they do not understand what it means to "divorce" after a 15 min marriage, they know enough to respect their elders not the rude white kids i see everywhere shouting about freedom of speech and using the first ammendment to say and do whatever they like. At least in Nigeria, no one is calling homosexuals partners because even animals are wise enough not to recognise it!
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by toshmann(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2006
word
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Sista(f): 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2006
davidylan:

@ sista
you havent realised it yet, you actually created TWO separate topics, this is the second one i don't know where the other one is though you might find it on the racism group maybe.

As for black people, it is worrying that even in African history books, we still have Mungo Park as having "discovered" the river niger, forgetting that our ancestors had been living there long before his great grandfather was born! Our continent is portrayed as a barbarian continent that was rescued from self implosion by the "almighty benevolent" white man! what nonsense! Even the ancient Igbos practiced a much purer form of George Bush's much vaunted democracy for centuries without coming to blows!
It is high time we as blacks began to inculcate oour own tradition and values into our kids soon as they are born. I live in the US yet i would love my kids to grow up the nigerian way, at least that way they do not understand what it means to "divorce" after a 15 min marriage, they know enough to respect their elders not the rude white kids i see everywhere shouting about freedom of speech and using the first ammendment to say and do whatever they like. At least in Nigeria, no one is calling homosexuals partners because even animals are wise enough not to recognise it!

@ Daviddylan

Yes Davidylan you are right, but I was talking to this Curdish woman who said homosexuality is normal. I told her the same thing you said. I told her that if it was normal, animals would also be doing it. She said that animals do participate in same same relationships.

I have yet to see this but one thing I can say, if that is true, someone more than likely (white people) must have manipulated animals like they have done everyone else. If animals are doing that is because they must have been put in the position where they were the only ones together when the urge to mate came about. In other words, they must have been put into an isolated situation. My Friend from Nigeria told me his Nigerian cousin is gay and living in London. That truly mad me sad because I know why blacks in America are gay, it is because during slavery, the black woman was not the only one being Molested by the white man, so was the black man.

As time went on, those young black men who were molested by white men began to molest other children and the problem became a part of Africans in America history. But, I don't understand how a brother straight from the Mother Land could fall into to homosexuality. The only thing I can see that caused it was colonization, now, blacks want to be more like white people. White people glorify homosexuality. They are the only ones who's history reeks of it and if you go to Europe right now, you will see statues of little boys standing still as their joystick dangles. White men were and to this day were craddle-robbers. The only way they are not a craddle-robber is when they get that one drop of black blood. White people have been all over the world planting his seeds of homosexuality. He has diseased everyone with this homosexuality stuff. Now you see Asians Doing it, Blacks doing it, Hispanics doing it etc. 

Any way, Davidylan, you seem to posses knowledge that needs to be shared, do you work with children in any kine of way. We need good black teachers for our black children. I think we may have to let the adults be adults, adults are set in there ways we can't help them but we can plant seeds in into the heads of the new generation.

I used to work at a preschool, now I have a preschool in my home making really good money from doing my passion. i love children because the love to learn when you show them that you appreciate their minds. I am teaching my children even the white ones that black people is beautiful. Astrology a toll used by the Africans first, I teach my children that, you would be amazed how easily they catch on. It makes them feel good when they know things like because they are a cancer they are emotional and like to take care of people or be taken care of.

Any way, If you do not have the credentials to teach maybe you could look into doing some volunteering with children, i think they could learn a lot from you.

Thank you for letting me know that I have two separate topics on here, I was not aware that I had done that.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Sista(f): 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2006
@ Toshman

Thank you Toshman cheesy

I love being black and I love black people!

I love you!

I am not trying to lead anything because black people don't need leaders. Leaders make us lazy as a whole and we don't become accountable. What we need are workers and that is what I am, a worker for black people.

Not a day goes by that I am not creating ideas to implament new ways to keep black people from believing what white people have told lies on us about.

I have a pre- school in my home where I teach children the truth about black people. Even my white children and Asian children are learning the truth about black people. I have all black dolls in my Pre- School because when I was going to pre- school there were no black dolls.

Some people might call what I do in my day care reverse racism but that is not true. Everybody knows that no matter what black people do, if they are in charge of seeing to it that you are taken care of, no matter what your color is you will be taken care of.

This is why black people are the mothers and fathers of the world. But, we have been exploited out of our minds to the point that we have allowed our ability to take care of people to turn into a self sacrificing situation.

We have gotten to the point where we no longer take care of our self as an individual and we don't take care of  each other as a whole. This is because we are to busy taking care of everyone else. I intend to put a stop to that and I am a worker for black people.

Brother Toshman, do you have any suggestions that will help with black people? Also, what are you doing to help us out?
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by toshmann(m): 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2006
the 1st suggestion for black people is for us to get liberated from the incarceration of the mind. let us have pride in ourself, our culture, our values etc.

then we should do whatever we can,for now, to improve our lot. not to wait for when we become rich or influential. now i'm a student.my powers are limited, but i can still contribute even as a student. i can speak out at the slightest opportunity, and i always do, to whoever cares to listen. spread the message for now. whe we believe in ourselves, we can go places.

i'm open for improvement.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Ndipe(m): 2:40am On Aug 16, 2006
Sista, your assessment is flawed. Colonialism has nothing to do with homosexuality. Enough of calling the white man a bad name. Arent you tired of portraying yourself as a victim? Let me ask, is the white man responsible for the corruption in Africa? No. Why can't our leaders help out the masses, instead of running to Oga Bush to rescue us from our economic doldrums? Even in your neighborhood, Oakland (I live in the south bay area which is not far from Oakland), can you honestly link the high rate of crime between blacks to colonialism? Some of us keep crying that the white man is keeping us down, when infact, our own people are our own worst enemies.

Chill, please!!!

P/S: I cant even understand why you would even subscribe to the teaching of astrology when it runs contrary to the Word of God. But, hey, who am I to judge, when I am a sinner.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Sista(f): 5:34am On Aug 16, 2006
Ndipe:

Sista, your assessment is flawed. Colonialism has nothing to do with homosexuality. Enough of calling the white man a bad name. Arent you tired of portraying yourself as a victim? Let me ask, is the white man responsible for the corruption in Africa? No. Why can't our leaders help out the masses, instead of running to Oga Bush to rescue us from our economic doldrums? Even in your neighborhood, Oakland (I live in the south bay area which is not far from Oakland), can you honestly link the high rate of crime between blacks to colonialism? Some of us keep crying that the white man is keeping us down, when infact, our own people are our own worst enemies.

Chill, please!!!

P/S: I can't even understand why you would even subscribe to the teaching of astrology when it runs contrary to the Word of God. But, hey, who am I to judge, when I am a sinner.

@ Ndipe

What I am going to say to you will be said in peace. I do not wish to argue with you.

You asked me some questions so I will try to answer them but first I want you to know that this is a public forum where black people discuss many things. Most of what is discussed is opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion. You do not have to agree with anything that I say and I do not have to agree with you. The primary matter of this discussion though should be about how we as black people can help our self. And to me my brother you don't seem to be focused on that.

You seem to want to try and intimidate me by using religion. I was raised a Christian as a child but when I became an adult, I chose not to be a Christian. I am not a Muslim either, nor am I a Judist nor am I a Hindu. I chose to go back to my roots and practice the spiritual concepts of my ancestors.

I told you all of that to tell you this, you can not spook me with the going against God thing. I do not believe that If I study Astrology I am going against God. Only someone who fears God would believe that. I don't fear my creator, I embrace my creator willingly.

You use Astrology everyday weather you know it or not. Your ancestors used Astrology to plant seeds in order so that you could eat. They used Astrology to predict the seasons. Astrology was used to invent the calendar and the Almanac and the clock. We live under the sky (heavens) therefore all that we do is governed by the stars and the planets. Our Ancestors knew this.

The three wise men who predicted the birth of Christ were Astrologers.

It is the white mans religion that has blinded you. Astrology is a God given tool that allows one knowledge of self, if you do not have knowledge of self, you can be easily misled. The white mans religion is against Astrology but white people use it everyday. The white man does not want you to use it because if you know who you are, you will then see him for who he is. If you see him for who he is, you will no longer be mentally enslaved.  So, when the white man came to colonize he wanted to make sure you had no knowledge of self. He told you and your ancestors that what you practiced was evil and contrary to God.

You sound like you advocate Colonialism undecided

Homosexuality is not an African disease. It is a white mans disease that can spread and has spread . Those great Greek philosophers we learn about in school were all homosexuals and craddle-robbers. In Europe they constantly indulge in acts of homosexuality and pedestry. Go on line and check out Plato's Symposium better yet get the book.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my brothers and sisters who have been infected with the homosexul disease, I just wanted to make the point that it is not a black disease.

Were you aware that when colonialism was taking place, the missionary's who were coming in to Africa to convert blacks into Christians, they were telling black mothers and black fathers to turn their children over to the monastery for seven years to let their child serve god. Do you know that Black mothers and fathers believed those white missionaries and they turned their children over for seven years. While those little black girls and little black boys were in the monastery, the little black boys were being molested by the priest and the little black girls were being molested by the nones. When those little boys and girls returned home to Africa they had a scary story in their hearts they could not explain to their parents. What do you think became of them?

May I ask you this?

Didn't the white man and their counterpart practically colonize the entire Africa? why was there a need for practically all Africans to speak the language of the colonizer, the white man? And, what was the purpose of colonialism?

Did Africans not have a proper language?

Why did white people feel the need to give Africans a white Jesus who happend to be the same color as them?

Why did white people feel that they had to indoctrinate black people with their religion?

Did African people not have their own spiritual concepts?

Were the Africans spiritual concepts not good enough, did what they practiced go against God?

Tell me this, how is it that we can accept our oppressor telling us how to speak or what our religion should be?

My brother, until someone can give me good reason why my people were told that everything about them was ugly or bad, I am going to keep doing what I do.

I am a conscious black woman so I have no excuse not to do better for my self and for my people. But, black people who are still mentally enslaved (Zombies) those are the ones I am still fighting for.

You don't need to come in here and protect the white man because the white man does not need your protection. He is not trying to protect you or your people.

Until black people stop protecting white people and start protecting our self, we will never do well economically.

The white man has been sucking up and benefitting from resources of Africa, he sees how that affects Africa and Africans. What is he doing to help Africa? Not a thing. Instead he continues to help his self, something us blacks need to do.

Now you tell me can the high rate of crime amongst blacks be linked to colonialism?

My brother if you still don't understand, you are just not there yet. But let me do what I do, If you don't like it you don't have to read my discussions and you surely don't have to hit reply button. The fact that you did reply tells me that you are interested in the betterment of black people, you are just a little frustrated. Use that frustration on something positive. Don't bump your gums about all the bad black people do. What can you do to help should be your focus.

Our Ancestors did not bring us this far to let us fail our self.

What do you think?
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Ndipe(m): 3:08am On Aug 18, 2006
I know that Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, that's final. I wont subject myself to astrology, because even those stars were created by God. So, let Him govern my day to day life, rather than relying on stars.

I am not a fan of conspiracies, but my dear, I would have to ask you, what is the root of violence in your Oakland community? See, a friend of mine backed out of a Nigerian function that was eventually cancelled because of the bad reputation that Oakland has. What of East Palo Alto and other black communities in the USA? Why cant they just be a safe place for blacks to dwell in? Oakland's reputation has been sullied by violence and crime, that one has to think 2x before visiting those areas. Tell me, is that the fault of the white man too?
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Sista(f): 5:24am On Aug 18, 2006
Ndipe:

I know that Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, that's final. I wont subject myself to astrology, because even those stars were created by God. So, let Him govern my day to day life, rather than relying on stars.

I am not a fan of conspiracies, but my dear, I would have to ask you, what is the root of violence in your Oakland community? See, a friend of mine backed out of a Nigerian function that was eventually cancelled because of the bad reputation that Oakland has. What of East Palo Alto and other black communities in the USA? Why can't they just be a safe place for blacks to dwell in? Oakland's reputation has been sullied by violence and crime, that one has to think 2x before visiting those areas. Tell me, is that the fault of the white man too?

@ Ndipe

My brother what I told you was not a tale of a conspiracy, it was the truth. In order to understand what is taking place in your future, you must first understand what took place in your past. If you don't understand and know your past, you won't understand or have control over your future.

It is as I said, you as well as many other black people are brainwashed. Only a brainwashed black man would over look all that I said only to tell me that "Jesus is the king of kings and the lord of lords".

That is what a programmed black person does, when confronted with information he is suppose to forget about, his programed response would be a typical "Jesus is the king of kings and the lord of lords"

You didn't bother to answer any of the questions that I asked you. I will not continue to try and converse with you, in an attempt to have an adult conversation with you. An adult conversation can not take place between people who are afraid to question, it can only take place between adults who actually use their mind.

It is as I said my brother, you are just not there yet.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by mamaput(f): 10:07am On Aug 18, 2006
EH Sista , tell me have you ever been to Africa.
Not just on a visit?
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by mamaput(f): 10:16am On Aug 18, 2006
As time went on, those young black men who were molested by white men began to molest other children and the problem became a part of Africans in America history. But, I don't understand how a brother straight from the Mother Land could fall into to homosexuality. The only thing I can see that caused it was colonization, now, blacks want to be more like white people. White people glorify homosexuality. They are the only ones who's history reeks of it and if you go to Europe right now, you will see statues of little boys standing still as their joystick dangles. White men were and to this day were craddle-robbers. The only way they are not a craddle-robber is when they get that one drop of black blood. White people have been all over the world planting his seeds of homosexuality. He has diseased everyone with this homosexuality stuff. Now you see Asians Doing it, Blacks doing it, Hispanics doing it etc.

Do not tell me you believe all this crap.

tell be if you want to live Black and proud , can you not do it without trying to compare black and white.

Can you not do it without bringing the white man down.

Tell me why not.

All you have said here is all just a well rehearsed speech for the "Masses" not so.
And you know what they say about the "Masses"
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Sista(f): 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2006
mamaput:

Do not tell me you believe all this crap.

tell be if you want to live Black and proud , can you not do it without trying to compare black and white.

Tell me why not.

All you have said here is all just a well rehearsed speech for the "Masses" not so.
And you know what they say about the "Masses"

@ mamaput

My being black and proud is not promoted by putting the white man down.

However my being black and proud does provoke me to tell the truth weather you black brainswashed people choose to believe it or not.

Try this on for size, instead of arguing with me, trying to protect the white man, why don't you do the research for your self?

Why don't you crack open some books. There is one thing for sure, if you don't want black people to know the truth, just put the truth in a book. 

I don't care that you lived in Africa, that does not mean that you are fully aware of the history that has taken place in Africa. If you were aware, you would not be trying to protect the white man, you would just be doing your own research and trying to help your people.

There are Africans living in America that once lived in Africa, they are claiming that they no about America better than Black Americans know about America and they don't even know Black American history. Those Africans are the ones who judge black Americans, You know why? Because they have been told by the white man that they are different from Black Americans. That is a lie. Black Americans and Black Africans are the same. The Question I have for you my sister is, do you believe that lie?

Your need to even bother with asking me do I really believe that stuff, could be do to the fact that maybe you are one of those black African women who is either marreid to a white man or dating a white man because all you can see is the money and materialistic things he can offer. You justify being with him because you believe God say's we are all brothers and sisters (another lie) told by the white man. If a man or a woman is killing me, Molesting me, taking my country away from me, lying to me and using me for his profit, he is not any relation to me, he is not my brother.

You probably see the white man as an easy way out of dealing with Africa and it's struggles, when in fact, if it was not for the white man and his influence, Africa would not have the troubles she is having.

I will say it again, by nature black people are not craddle-robbers nor are they homsexuals. It is the white influence that is the cause to them being open minded to homosexula behavior.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by mamaput(f): 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2006
My being black and proud is not promoted by putting the white man down.

Thats just what you are doing.

However my being black and proud does provoke me to tell the truth weather you black brainswashed people choose to believe it or not.

you are the one trying to brain wash us.

Try this on for size, instead of arguing with me, trying to protect the white man, why don't you do the research for your self?

Why don't you crack open some books. There is one thing for sure, if you don't want black people to know the truth, just put the truth in a book.

maybe this only goes for blacks in the USA

I don't care that you lived in Africa, that does not mean that you are fully aware of the history that has taken place in Africa. If you were aware, you would not be trying to protect the white man, you would just be doing your own research and trying to help your people.

Am very sure the word Objective is not in your dic

There are Africans living in America that once lived in Africa, they are claiming that they no about America better than Black Americans know about America and they don't even know Black American history. Those Africans are the ones who judge black Americans, You know why? Because they have been told by the white man that they are different from Black Americans. That is a lie. Black Americans and Black Africans are the same. The Question I have for you my sister is, do you believe that lie?

I
will say it again, by nature black people are not craddle-robbers nor are they homsexuals. It is the white influence that is the cause to them being open minded to homosexula behavior.

Come of it some were even fuc**king their goats

by the way i am mixed and yes i was married to a white man.
If i was Materialistic i would have gone out with a black man they are more generous.
They take it for granted that they have to spend money on a woman.
In Germany its more an equal rights thing,many couples ask for a seprate bill even when they go out to eat.
As i am today the only thing a man has to offer me is company and maybe fix my car. nothing more.
But are you trying to say black women are Material women
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Nia: 12:14am On Aug 19, 2006
@ Sista
I really was trying to get what you're saying and look at the bigger picture, but it's really hard to break through the prejudices, stereotypes, and generalizations that are caked around whatever message you were trying to pass through. You surely don't seem to understand how life or people works. Or maybe you just choose to live in your segregated corner of the world. But don't think everyone's silly enough to commit the same crime. You get defensive everytime people try to put in an opinion that's different from yours, you start accusing them of being brainwashed and blah blah blah. At the same time you continuously insult people, attack them personal and how they live their personal lives and you're still screaming that people should listen to what you're trying to say? My sister, that's not how life works.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Ndipe(m): 3:02am On Aug 19, 2006
Well, maybe we cant have an adult conversation, sista, especially when your views are not only deeply embedded with you, but you are quick to suggest think that your views are accurate. I'd like to know why Jesus Christ is still popular, even after 2000 years. Could you explain that?
I dont subscribe to views that whites are the enemies of blacks, because that is not true. Hatred is not limited to the skin of a human being, but it is non discriminatory. It takes its place in the hearts of people of different skin color. True, black americans have had their own share of adversities in America, but remember, it was a TWO SIDED business. Their ancestors partook in this shameful episode today, some for a bottle of gin, so please dont heap the blame on one group.

Even today, slavery is still entrenched in our African culture. Trokosi, some fetish practises in the Ewe Speaking part of Ghana is a system where a young girl is made to atone for the sins of his ancestors by being married to an older fetish priest. Even among the Ibos, as of this present moment, the Osu caste system is enforced. So, slavery is not a new concept in Africa.

I aint gonna sit down and write glowing reviews at some of our archaic tradition while smearing the white man for slavery. It goes both ways. True life is not fair, but if you choose to dwell with life's injustices, bitterness will slowly sprout up in your life.

Cheers,

Ndipe

www.Nigerianmemories.blogspot.com
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Sista(f): 4:19am On Aug 19, 2006
Well, maybe we can't have an adult conversation, sista, especially when your views are not only deeply embedded with you, but you are quick to suggest think that your views are accurate. I'd like to know why Jesus Christ is still popular, even after 2000 years. Could you explain that?

@Ndipe

I have not suggested that my views ware accurate, I only presented my views that is based on extensive study and comparison. If you feel as though I think my views are accurate, that is a problem you have. I can't help that I am confident. If you disagree with anything I say, you have the right to disagree but whre is your fact? On what basis do you disagree. I gave you all a source you all to go on the internet and look up "Platos Symposium" So you could see your self that homosexuality originated from the Romans and the Greeks. No one bothered to do that. Because you all are stuck in your beliefs and afraid to question, you come back to me with jibber jab and no facts.

Instead of you asking me why has Jesus been so popular for over 2000 years? You should be telling me why he is still popular sense my view seems to oppose yours, you have the burden of proof. You are opposing me but you have presented no evidential fact. Without eveidential fact, you are infact only bumping your gums and flapping your lips. This discussion is not about what you feel, it is about fact.

You get defensive everytime people try to put in an opinion that's different from yours, you start accusing them of being brainwashed and blah blah blah. At the same time you continuously insult people, attack them personal and how they live their personal lives and you're still screaming that people should listen to what you're trying to say? My sister, that's not how life works.

@Nia

If you are going to accuse me of being on the defensive, show me the proof of that. You accuse me of being racist, and trapped in my own world. Mamaput accused me of reapeating a speaech only the masses use and then she said that I was using my being black and proud as a way to blame the white man. That is her opinion and she is entitled to it but on the other hand I do have the right to disagree with her and give my opinion of her which is, she is brainwashed. What else do you expect for me to do? Allow Mamaput to make accusations against me and just take it? No one said anything about Mamaput no accepting my accusation about her but you all jumped on me.

If I came off as attacking anyone in this discussion, I apoligize. Please believe that was not my intention. I only want to enlighten my people as well as my people enlighten me but I do not accept bumping gums because you see this as an emotional issue. If you want to teach me anything, put your money where your mouth is. Show me the facts.

by the way i am mixed  and yes i was married to a white man.

@ Mamaput

This is no suprize to me, remember, I was the one who made the lucky guess, you just confirmed it.

@ To all

I asked some questions to all, everyone chose to ignore the questions I asked. The fact that no one answered the questions I asked leaves me to believe that either they are afraid to question, or they really do not know the  answer or they are to lazy to answer the questions. I am going to ask the questions again. If my questions go ignored, I am going to take it as they are afraid to question. If they don't know the answer just tell me. If you don't feel like answering the questions just tell me.

Why did white people see fit to come into Africa and practically colonize the entire Africa?

Did Africans need to be colonized if so why?

Was the languages African people spoke counter to God, was their language not civilzed enough?

Why did white people see fit to indoctrinate Black Africans and encourage the Blacks to put aside their traditional relgious practices to take on the religious practices of white people? In the beggining blacks refused to give up their traditional practices and they were murdered, why? 

Were the spiritual concepts Africans Praciticed evil if so why?

If anyone can answer these questions, I would appreciate it.

By the way, here is an online "Plato's Symposium" It would probably be better to get the book.
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/homosexuality/

This is not the original Symposium so you have to be careful reading because white people today are trying to revise what Plato wrote. They know that black people are getting close to the truth. If you read this read with a dicerning eye.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Nia: 5:40am On Aug 19, 2006
Sista:

@Nia

If you are going to accuse me of being on the defensive, show me the proof of that.  and trapped in my own world. Mamaput accused me of reapeating a speaech only the masses use and then she said that I was using my being black and proud as a way to blame the white man. That is her opinion and she is entitled to it but on the other hand I do have the right to disagree with her and give my opinion of her which is, she is brainwashed. What else do you expect for me to do? Allow Mamaput to make accusations against me and just take it? No one said anything about Mamaput no accepting my accusation about her but you all jumped on me.

If I came off as attacking anyone in this discussion, I apoligize. Please believe that was not my intention. I only want to enlighten my people as well as my people enlighten me but I do not accept bumping gums because you see this as an emotional issue. If you want to teach me anything, put your money where your mouth is. Show me the facts.

Thanks for proving what i was saying. 

Sista:

You accuse me of being racist

I never called you "racist". I said:
I really was trying to get what you're saying and look at the bigger picture, but it's really hard to break through the prejudices, stereotypes, and generalizations that are caked around whatever message you were trying to pass through.

In response to:

You wrote:
Sista:

To just point out a few of your verbal abuses, which are a handful to list.

If you can't read your posts and see the unecessary insults, generalizations, and prejudices that has done more damage than good to whatever message you were trying to project, then the issue might be bigger than I thought.

I don't think there's a need to address your questions. You say you want a discussion, but what you write tells a different story. You seem to have already reached your own conclusions irregardless of what others might attempt to bring in. Everything that doesn't sound good to your ears is dealt with through personal insults, accusing people who do not agree with you of betrayal against blacks, and the inability to accept criticism. That doesn't make for an environment where mature or constructive exchanges of ideas can bloom.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Sista(f): 6:10am On Aug 19, 2006
@ Nia

As I said, yes I did call mama one of those brainwashed black people but it was after she accused me of using my proudness of being black, as a means to bring down white people.

I could have ignored what she said but I do not believe in turning the left cheek. If someone gives me their opinion of me I will respect their opinion but I am going to then give them my opinion of them if I see one fit to describe them. So far you have pointed out what you percieved as an insult, may I ask you this, do you think Mamaput was insulting me?

As far as you not answering my questions, I expected that. But, I was giving you and everyone else who reads the benefit of the doubt. You don't seem to be genuine in what you believe and yes I am giving you my opinion about you.

I don't think there's a need to address your questions. You say you want a discussion, but what you write tells a different story. You seem to have already reached your own conclusions irregardless of what others might attempt to bring in

You knew when you read my discussion that I was confident about what I say. Now you want to say that you will not answer my questions because you feel I have already come to a conclusion,  Please, tell that to someone who has not heard that before. That is a typical response from someone who can not answer becasue they don't know the answer or they are to lazy to answer and don't feel that the subject is important. Either way, you haven't really proved anyhting except for the fact that you just came into this discussion to defend white people. You didn't come in here to enlighten me. I go through that all the time with black people who see me as keeping a hopless dream alive and thats putting it nicely.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by davidylan(m): 6:23am On Aug 19, 2006
@ sista,

i have carefully refrained from posting on this topic because i was trying to avoid a repeat of the 9to5 scenario.
It is quite clear right from your earlier responses to me on the first thread that you were not out for a discussion but more like forcing your own "revolutionary" ideas down the throats of others.

First, why do we waste valuable time blaming the whites? Fine they once colonised us but must we take that out on the poor generation that had no hand in the atrocities commited by their ancestors? Are countries like Poland, Austria folding their hands and blaming Hitler and other modern day Germans as the root cause of their inability to develop as nations?
When will black men and women learn to stand up and realise the way forward is not by pining all blames on the white men but on seeking the solution to our myriad of home grown problems? Nigeria is today one of the most corrupt countries in the world, our grandparents will gladly tell you things were far better under the same white men we are so quick to denigrate.
No one is proud of our colonial past, but the solution to our problems is not blaming those who had no hand in it. You sit in the United States built and developed by the white men, enjoy their society and yet turn around to accuse them of robbing the black man? Why are you not in Africa pursuing your fundamentalist theories?
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Nia: 7:09am On Aug 19, 2006
Sista:

@ Nia

As I said, yes I did call mama one of those brainwashed black people but it was after she accused me of using my proudness of being black, as a means to bring down white people.

I could have ignored what she said but I do not believe in turning the left cheek. If someone gives me their opinion of me I will respect their opinion but I am going to then give them my opinion of them if I see one fit to describe them. So far you have pointed out what you percieved as an insult, may I ask you this, do you think Mamaput was insulting me?

As far as you not answering my questions, I expected that. But, I was giving you and everyone else who reads the benefit of the doubt. You don't seem to be genuine in what you believe and yes I am giving you my opinion about you.

You knew when you read my discussion that I was confident about what I say. Now you want to say that you will not answer my questions because you feel I have already come to a conclusion,  Please, tell that to someone who has not heard that before. That is a typical response from someone who can not answer becasue they don't know the answer or they are to lazy to answer and don't feel that the subject is important. Either way, you haven't really proved anyhting except for the fact that you just came into this discussion to defend white people. You didn't come in here to enlighten me. I go through that all the time with black people who see me as keeping a hopless dream alive and thats putting it nicely.

It's all good. And since we're listing our expectations, i'll say I didn't expect anything different than what you've written to back up all I've said.  Cheers.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Drusilla(f): 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2006
However, I will agree with you that colonialism made things much worse and made women even more inferior, but trying to claim that it was nonexistent before whitey came would be intellectual dishonesty on my part.

Nia,

Could you please post what you believe is making a woman inferior and also the historical evidence of this in Africa before the whiteman came?

I know Sista, who is really great, doesn't need evidence but I like evidence.

So much of the historical documentation I have seen in fact goes the opposite way, that women were not treated as inferiors, that I would like to see your evidence.

Thank you.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Drusilla(f): 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2006
Nia,

Of course your definition of what is treating a woman as inferior could be anything you wanted to define it as, and thus you could pull out any old thing to defend your definition of what treating a woman as inferior is.

This is why I also would like to see your definition of what treating a woman as inferior means, also.

Thank you.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Drusilla(f): 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2006
Davidlyn,

In your first post you asked: Could someone help me understand this brotha, sista thing?

Then a few posts later you said: I think it is a throwback to slavery.

Hmmm,

So how is it that you had an negative opinion of the brotha or sista thing -- i.e. it is a throwback to slavery but at the same time, do not understand why Sista and others picked up on your insincerity in asking the question?

As you know, I am a Christian. So I do not have a problem with your Christianity.

What I have a problem with is this is the second conversation with you, the other on the Christian board, where you have been found to be a liar, by me.

I could have called you brother, because of course all Christians call themselves, brother and sister.

I am glad 925 and Sister busted you right away for pretending that it was such a mysterious thing to you, when in fact the evidence is that you as a Christian understand this terminology all ready.

You are a lying soul. Your father is the devil. I will pray for you, right now and maybe God will give you repentance.

As all demonically led spirits tend to do, you will get to screeching and barking as a dog about this post but I won't let it bother me.

God loves truth.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Drusilla(f): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2006
Mamaput,

Excellent observation: You saw the uneducated class in Africa uses the terms brotha and sister.

Many African scholars and professors and Afrocentrics some of the best from West Africa are trying to deal with the fact that whites use their educational systems to divide and conquer Black folks.

So naturally, one can find, a lot of Black or African folks, especially, from the Continent, who have been educated in such a manner, that they feel separate and divided and better than other Africans.

It is mentacide. It is a mental illness.

This is why Black children need a black education.

There should be nothing you learn in school, that forces you to disconnect from African people.

As it is now, that is what is happenning to African people world wide, as the whiteman educates them into hating their own blackself and thier own black people.

Decolonizing the mind by a continental African is one of the best books about the system of education/whiteman's language that drives a wedge between Africans.

We are working on the problem you observed.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Drusilla(f): 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2006
Sista,

Wise topic. You know the deal.

Say any truth to indicate whites have done something wrong, in the past and now. Your a hateful racist.

Say any lie to put blacks down, in the past and now -- why you are just an honest, person.

This is the bullshyte, we as Black/African people will always have to fight.

The whiteman has taught Africans to fear saying anything about whites, except things that the whiteman agrees with.

The whiteman has also taught Africans to love, appreciate and compliment themselves when they say bad stuff about Blacks.

Or as you noted: People have no problem telling people to be a racist against BLACKMEN (they don't treat me right) and to choose their men based on RACISM against BLACKMEN. (i.e. get a white or hispanic or asian man).

It is quite ironic that racism against blackmen because of their supposed behavior towards women is totally acceptable to these people who then turn around and begin shouting to defend the whiteman, when you bring up white people's absolutely horrible record of treating blacks inhumanely, that has not stopped to this day.

Apparently it is only acceptable to be against blacks because of their behavior, it is not acceptable to be against the whiteman because of his behavior.

The whiteman has trained niggers well.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by davidylan(m): 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2006
Drusilla:

Davidlyn,
What I have a problem with is this is the second conversation with you, the other on the Christian board, where you have been found to be a liar, by me.

I could have called you brother, because of course all Christians call themselves, brother and sister.

I am glad 925 and Sister busted you right away for pretending that it was such a mysterious thing to you, when in fact the evidence is that you as a Christian understand this terminology all ready.

You are a lying soul. Your father is the devil. I will pray for you, right now and maybe God will give you repentance.

As all demonically led spirits tend to do, you will get to screeching and barking as a dog about this post but I won't let it bother me.

God loves truth.

@ Drusilla

What really was your point here? Liar? where?
Where did you find me a liar?
This was extremely uncalled for and completely unfortunate considering you call yourself a christian and calling someone else a "demonically led spirit" over what really? "screeching and barking like a dog" over what?
Where have you suddenly appeared from to expose your poisonous tongue on me? Did we have any altercation somewhere i forget?
To say i am shocked will be a great understatement, to be insulted is manageable, to be cursed and called the son of a devil, a demon controlled spirit and a dog is completely mysterious and beyond me! Do you really assume you are christian? Not likely because christians do not have this kind of venomous and malicious spirit!
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Drusilla(f): 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2006
Davidlyn,

My response which was actually quite kind being that I am not looking at you with just fleshly eyes, is neither here or there based on whether it sounded mean to you. We do not grade christians on speaking style. That is worldly error.

Worldly error that would have judged Jesus to be a non-Christian (whatever that means) because he told people they were snakes and vipers and unwashed tombs, who were not only going to hell but leading others to hell, even quicker.

Which is my message to you, today. Particularily since you put your lies and worldly errors in the name of Jesus.

Please do not attempt to deny or lie about the anger and hatred in your soul. I do not need you to say any reply here.

Please pray for me.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by Drusilla(f): 3:18pm On Aug 19, 2006
oh.

And here is one stat, your not going to hear very often:

White women in same race relationships report being physically abused (beaten) more than black women in same race relationships.

Both numbers are high (87 percent and 64 percent) but it seems to be that whitemen get away more with beating their women.
Re: All Black People Descended From Africa #2 by davidylan(m): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2006
Drusilla:

Davidlyn,

My response which was actually quite kind being that I am not looking at you with just fleshly eyes, is neither here or there based on whether it sounded mean to you. We do not grade christians on speaking style. That is worldly error.

Worldly error that would have judged Jesus to be a non-Christian (whatever that means) because he told people they were snakes and vipers and unwashed tombs, who were not only going to hell but leading others to hell, even quicker.

Which is my message to you, today. Particularily since you put your lies and worldly errors in the name of Jesus.

Please do not attempt to deny or lie about the anger and hatred in your soul. I do not need you to say any reply here.

Please pray for me.

It is my frank oppinion from your incoherent posts that you are not quite right in the head. Anger and hatred in my soul? More like you're refering to YOUR OWN soul here not mine because i dont get what you mean here. Wordly lies and errors? in Jesus name? Do you understand what you are talking about at all or are lies simply things that dont correspond to your warped ideology?
With what eyes are you looking at me? No ma'am, spiritual eyes dont see hatred, anger, demons, dogs screeching and barking and sons of the devil, it is my oppinion you have serious psychotic issues you need to deal with!

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Government To Ban Same-Sex Marriage (And Relationships!) / Benin, Oyo, Asante And Dahomey Were Slave Trading Tribes / Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 214
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.