Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? (9362 Views)

How Can One Avoid Being Bombarded With Food During Festive Period / Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period / Pictures Of Food You Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by DancingSkeleton(m): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2014
No undecided i nor wan chop my last supper grin
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2014
It's a season of sharing.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by pryncemautin: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2014
Wait le me ask ifa
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Brightology2(m): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2014
Hjhh
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 25, 2014
starlingleanets:
What is Christmas to start angry with.
the day JESUS CHRIST was born
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by ogaofficer(m): 9:05am On Dec 25, 2014
Eating bread and brake oil.

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Opiosko: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2014
emusmith:
Hmm...

My neighbours are already reminiscing on how the previous years has been: they gather together, eat together, drink together bla bla!..

I don't do it...

If they bring, I'll eat on one condition: If it's my landlady, That woman is a good chef and VERY NEAT!

It is not very necessary... it just fosters a little unity...kind of...

There are people that brings to me, Then it goes straight to the bin AND I'LL TELL THEM BIG THANK YOU WITH A WIDE GRIN...LOL

I do Xmas at my home town with my big extended family so i dnt hav time for lonely pikin talk like this. Go home nd celebr8 with ya folks. Merr Xmas

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by epospiky(m): 9:11am On Dec 25, 2014
emusmith:
Hmm...

My neighbours are already reminiscing on how the previous years has been: they gather together, eat together, drink together bla bla!..

I don't do it...

If they bring, I'll eat on one condition: If it's my landlady, That woman is a good chef and VERY NEAT!

It is not very necessary... it just fosters a little unity...kind of...

There are people that brings to me, Then it goes straight to the bin AND I'LL TELL THEM BIG THANK YOU WITH A WIDE GRIN...LOL

That's really bad. Throwing people's hard food which they give you with love. Smh

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 25, 2014
holatin:
Do you Ve to be stingy even on Christmas ?

It's not about being stingy joor. I just don't get the idea behind it. undecided

Amefrica:
Christmas is all about giving and receiving, and love-sharing.

Shug, we can give and receive anyday?
Don't you think so....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Ninilowo(m): 9:19am On Dec 25, 2014
It's part of African culture mixed with religion. Lobatan. There's no harm in doing it provided you have the means.

2 Likes

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by holatin(m): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

It's not about being stingy joor. I just don't get the idea behind it. undecided

Don't you think so....
oya invite me to house for some plate of rice
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 25, 2014
The OP wey ask this question dey inside Kitchen right now dey prepare fried rice and salad angry

2 Likes

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by easystudy101: 9:32am On Dec 25, 2014
[quote author=Kachisbarbie post=29163158][/quote]

Is it necessary to come up with useless OP like this one?
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 25, 2014
Chukwugekwu:
Any Scriptural backup?
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Moblord(m): 9:43am On Dec 25, 2014
Here in Borno it is necessary but not compulsory kiss
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by IWillSucceed: 9:44am On Dec 25, 2014
Yes but you can also exchange data from getting grabdbull here
https://www.nairaland.com/2054480/free-mtn-1gb-etisalat-1gb
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by phlamesG: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2014
na so our one nd only chicken die ooooo cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Genea(f): 9:46am On Dec 25, 2014
[quote author=Kachisbarbie post=29163158][/quote]don't u know dat a lot of pple have been waiting for dat food since January, u no wan come give dem food,mmmmm na u go be talk of d month

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Don't you think so....
yea we can and should give n receive any other day but u knw we don't get to do it often. So it's just about celebrating the birth of Christ in the lives of others in a special way. It's all about showing love and u can start by sending my Mtn airtime grin wink
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 25, 2014
Genea:
don't u know dat a lot of pple have been waiting for dat food since January, u no wan come give dem food,mmmmm na u go be talk of d month

lolz.
Truetalk sha
I gave my less privileged neighbours foodstuff and cash...but if they wait for me to cook am - my sister e go tey o.

easystudy101:

Is it necessary to come up with useless OP like this one?
Sorry baby, contrary to you belief...you're not more useful thank I am. wink

holatin:
oya invite me to house for some plate of rice
I didn't cook dear. Except you wanna take me for lunch. grin
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lolz.
Truetalk sha
I gave my less privileged neighbours foodstuff and cash...but if they wait for me to cook am - my sister e go tey o.

Na wa o. You dont know how to cook simple fried rice. Now you dont even fancy taking a brief time to cook for xmas.

Hmmm Are you thinking what i'm thinking?
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by adebisiema(m): 9:56am On Dec 25, 2014
See you sha...if nah pounded yam dem bring, u go troway am? *SMH*
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by loomer: 9:56am On Dec 25, 2014
ajibolabd:
what and who is xmas? Here in malaysia, noting like that.

you must be in prison I guess

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by asidere(m): 9:58am On Dec 25, 2014
instead of food,just send me a bottle of red wine,crates of Orijin,and an IPAD phone.christmas is all about giving,it should not always be food(rice & chicken).why not send me #500 recharge card
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by AmaechiLinus(m): 9:59am On Dec 25, 2014
Nay
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by holatin(m): 10:05am On Dec 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lolz.
Truetalk sha

dem never pay salary for d past 3 month

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by AriDsexy(f): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2014
vizkiz:
my compound is fenced...so how do you wanna bring "food" to us in the first place??

We only entertain our visitors and some other close friends

I'm sure it's fenced but believe it has a gate and people pass thru d gate?

Except offcourse u decide not to open for people that want to celebrate with u other than ur "vistors" and "other close friends"
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 25, 2014
letsdothis5:

Na wa o. You dont know how to cook simple fried rice. Now you dont even fancy taking a brief time to cook for xmas.

Hmmm Are you thinking what i'm thinking?

hahahahahahahahahahaha
See beef o.
I don't subscribe to the idea of cooking today.
The food I cooked last week, is what we would be eating, till it finishes.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by mya1: 10:12am On Dec 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Christmas is about showing others love, an act signified by "giving" just as exemplified by God when he sent his only begotten son for the atonement of our sins.

I think the most important thing is giving to the poor and needy, let them know they are loved (tho I agree it shouldn't be restricted to Christmas day only but if it would still go a long way even if done on the day alone.

As a young child, I used to be sent to give out food. It was fun for me then cause it was an avenue to make money. I used to make as high as 4000 naira then and I'm talking about the early 2000.

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by vizkiz: 10:14am On Dec 25, 2014
AriDsexy:

I'm sure it's fenced but believe it has a gate and people pass thru d gate?

Except offcourse u decide not to open for people that want to celebrate with u other than ur "vistors" and "other close friends"

nah...a sensible person can't just go to a house with big gates and start banging because she waNna give rice grin

Can you? smiley
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 25, 2014
Chukwugekwu:

Go and do some research before parroting ignorant nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk / Original Bottle Crushing Silver Crest Blender / Food Supplements That Promote Eye Sight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.