Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? (9363 Views)

How Can One Avoid Being Bombarded With Food During Festive Period / Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period / Pictures Of Food You Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by rigarmortis: 10:16am On Dec 25, 2014
Better than exchanging sickness.

She gives you gono, you give her syph, all in the drunkeness, or should i say ''spirit'' of the season.

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 25, 2014
epospiky:

That's really bad. Throwing people's hard food which they give you with love. Smh

I know it is... But I can't help it... Saying NO is termed Disrespectful.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by horlabiyi(m): 10:33am On Dec 25, 2014
To Whom ILEYA Meat Is Given Christmas CHICKEN Is Expected.

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2014
mya1:

Christmas is about showing others love, an act signified by "giving" just as exemplified by God when he sent his only begotten son for the atonement of our sins.

I think the most important thing is giving to the poor and needy, let them know they are loved (tho I agree it shouldn't be restricted to Christmas day only but if it would still go a long way even if done on the day alone.

As a young child, I used to be sent to give out food. It was fun for me then cause it was an avenue to make money. I used to make as high as 4000 naira then and I'm talking about the early 2000.

I give whenever my spirit leads me. I give them the foodstuff but definitely not the food.

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Genea(f): 11:31am On Dec 25, 2014
[quote author=Kachisbarbie post=29185373]

lolz.
Truetalk sha
I gave my less privileged neighbours foodstuff and cash...but if they wait for me to cook am - my sister e go tey o.

u av done ya best jawe
if dey r hungry,dey shud cook
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by xkris11(m): 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2014
[quote author=joseph1832 post=29163343]When I was a child I saw it as a waste of food (no disregard to the gesture) because what you give is the same thing the first prepared so what tha hell!.

Now am an adult and I really appreciate the gesture, especially as a bachelor. grin[/quote

hmmmmm..i understand you

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Christmasdon(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
Op onye mbaise!
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by noordean(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
emusmith:
Hmm...

My neighbours are already reminiscing on how the previous years has been: they gather together, eat together, drink together bla bla!..

I don't do it...

If they bring, I'll eat on one condition: If it's my landlady, That woman is a good chef and VERY NEAT!

It is not very necessary... it just fosters a little unity...kind of...

There are people that brings to me, Then it goes straight to the bin AND I'LL TELL THEM BIG THANK YOU WITH A WIDE GRIN...LOL

and u cant jst tell dem u dnt eat it n stop wasting dia food?

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by noordean(m): 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
horlabiyi:
To Whom ILEYA Meat Is Given Christmas CHICKEN Is Expected.
Yes datz d LAW. but some christians dnt eat ileya meat n some muslims dnt eat christmas chicken,so why collecting it in pretence of eating it!

while some children r out dia without anytin to eat
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
joseph1832:
Dude don't start because I may be forced to join you.
Same here,rocktation kips dashing me ban oh. That girl na id1ot.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by AriDsexy(f): 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
vizkiz:

nah...a sensible person can't just go to a house with big gates and start banging
because she waNna give rice grin

Can you? smiley

I can......afterall,its Christmas. tongue
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
op

That was how pagans who initiated the celebration did it, so "Christians" who learned it from them followed too.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by betterabia: 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
that is very dangerous
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Greatfes17: 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
We do it and I eat them (though not everybody's). Meanwhile we just did it some hrs back.
I think it's necessary because it strengthens friendship and peace.
https://www.nairaland.com/2058227/establishing-business-center-around-fed
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Greatfes17: 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Thayoor: 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
ajibolabd:
what and who is xmas? Here in malaysia, noting like that.
..o boy you don leave France relocate to Malaysia...na you o grin
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Thayoor: 4:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
People don't want to give out food anymore now. For instance in my area, for over five years now people have been bringing different colours of rice,the colour of some jollof rice baffles me at times grin. No matter how much we eat,there will always be much rice remaining even till the third day!so we will be forced to pour the rest away. Now fast forward this year,most of our neighbours brought uncooked rice,vegetable oil and sachet tomato and seasoning cubes. I assure you these are more appreciated than the different shades of rice we've been getting this past years.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by kilokeys(m): 6:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
for the first time in years i wished a neighbour brought something to my door..

had bread and coke today..

nostalgia.

far from home.

love in sharing.
having indomie tomorrow on my bday. with plenty drinks.

i miss home cooked meals.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by simdam500(m): 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
I still do, u expect me nor to wen I and my cousin, niece, and the rest contributed money to buy a bag of rice and u expect me not to dish them of the bag we contributed money to buy
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by SenatorJames(m): 9:03am On Dec 27, 2014
Not necessary.

The food is meant for the less privilege, not sending a poor rice someone cannot give to their dog to eat, when these people can buy the whole of your family.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by ajuwarhodes(f): 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
I live amongst indians ,so they can't eat meat n stuffs,but they bring goodies to during there diwali festival, I no dey chop am sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugu Leaves Juice As Blood Tonic: How True Is It? / How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk / Original Bottle Crushing Silver Crest Blender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.