Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* (33141 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 9:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
All questions, comments, 'following', French schoolers et al, this is your thread. Run amok here.
Thank you.

I shall of course, respond to all questions on the Challenge.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Caracta(f): 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2014
@whitemosquito, is Jan 24th not a bit too far? Competitions that span for long periods tend to be boring. Or would there be activities in between?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2014
Caracta:
@whitemosquito, is Jan 24th not a bit too far? Competitions that span for long periods tend to be boring. Or would there be activities in between?
The competition itself will be over by 10th. All entrants will be required to do will be to check in intermittently to know the status of their entries...
It is the JUDGING itself that will continue, behind the scenes.

I did it like that cos I anticipate quite a number of entries...and my judges are all busy people..I want them to have enough time to give their best. I do not wish to overburden them at any point. Also why I broke it into three stages... But these are just my opinions.
What do you feel?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Caracta(f): 9:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
whitemosquito:
The competition itself will be over by 10th. All entrants will be required to do will be to check in intermittently to know the status of their entries...
It is the JUDGING itself that will continue, behind the scenes.

I did it like that cos I anticipate quite a number of entries...and my judges are all busy people..I want them to have enough time to give their best. I do not wish to overburden them at any point. Also why I broke it into three stages... But these are just my opinions.
What do you feel?

Alright then. I understand.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 10:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
Aiit. wink

Thanks once again. Truly 'preciate.
You'll have to monitor both the threads and your mail though o. I can very easily reach the others...ping the life outta their batteries if they're behind schedule. Lol. But you and Chief Sweetus'll have to monitor your mails.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 24, 2014
Caracta:

Alright then. I understand.

Cara, merry Christmas. cheesy
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by TheRealAdonye(m): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
Scrypt, you dey here?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Caracta(f): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Scrypt:

Cara, merry Christmas. cheesy

You too Scrypt.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by LarrySun(m): 11:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
I suggest the moderator should pitch the other thread to the top of the section page so as to avoid its going into obscurity since it has been locked.

CC: Obinnau

Nice job, Whitemosquito. Caracta, I greet you.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
Oh Larry, that'll be great! Nice idea. Obinnau, thanks in advance.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Caracta(f): 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
I greet you too, LarrySun. Merry Christmas.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by daveP(m): 12:59am On Dec 25, 2014
Many "magnets" tried attracting me back from my holiday from this section, i want the holiday to continue, BUT wMosquito........ Chai

lemme ask Gustavo! Nice concept. Hope all the homework have been done?

Merry Christmas to

Caracta
LarrySun
Whitemosquito
etc......
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by repogirl(f): 1:43am On Dec 25, 2014
Repogirl signing in...... Good job whitemosquito. Hi Larry, Royver and other judges, glad to be part of this.

Following closely!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by kilokeys(m): 2:05am On Dec 25, 2014
whats happening here..? grin
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 7:55am On Dec 25, 2014
@ daveP, Merry Christmas right back at you. For jara, add a prosperous New year.
Please clarify what you mean by homework..

Repogirlie, hugs and kisses! Im more glad you're part of it.

Royver, please check in. As per what we discussed, get ur nimble fingers to work already na. Post on all those your 'customer' sites.
Cc yuzedo, I don't mind having it on the magamaga.com.

You could simply skip the intro to the competition, copy the general guidelines and relevant info..then paste a link to the thread for further details.
We need as much publicity as we can get, otherwise the purpose of the competition would be defeated.
Thanks.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Caracta(f): 8:54am On Dec 25, 2014
I would like to give it a mention on my blog if you don't mind.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 9:21am On Dec 25, 2014
Huh? Mind kwa? I positively hope you do o. Infact I insist.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Obinnau(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2014
LarrySun:
I suggest the moderator should pitch the other thread to the top of the section page so as to avoid its going into obscurity since it has been locked.

CC: Obinnau

Nice job, Whitemosquito. Caracta, I greet you.
link?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by TheRealAdonye(m): 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
Obinnau:
link?

www.nairaland.com/2060343/white-mosquito-flash-fiction-challenge

Bros, abeg, if the thread fit stroll reach fp, i no go mind o...But if not, err, nothing spoil sha.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
Lol. Thanks Adonye
Shared to your followers yet?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by LarrySun(m): 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by jaybiz007(m): 3:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
repogirl:
Repogirl signing in...... Good job whitemosquito. Hi Larry, Royver and other judges, glad to be part of this.
Following closely!
Hope you haven't forgotten me ma?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by jaybiz007(m): 3:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
repogirl:
Following closely!
#double_quote.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
jaybiz007:

#double_quote.
Err, please help me...Terry G's bells abi na jingle bells done messed up something in my memory....Don't think Iv had the pleasure of making your acquaintance...
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by jaybiz007(m): 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
whitemosquito:
Err, please help me...Terry G's bells abi na jingle bells done messed up something in my memory....Don't think Iv had the pleasure of making your acquaintance...
Was actually referring to repogirl regarding a private issue we v got, and not you mademoiselle. That was why I quoted her, sorry I did that on your thread.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
Oh. Then you shouldnt have quoted a post with my name in it, cos it showed up on my mentions.

Issorai. Carry go.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by repogirl(f): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
jaybiz007:

#double_quote.
lol, jaybiz007, not forgotten at all, I will send you a mail with my corrections. Pls bear with me for a while, I should be sending you the mail tomorrow morning.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by jaybiz007(m): 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
repogirl:
lol, jaybiz007, not forgotten at all, I will send you a mail with my corrections. Pls bear with me for a while, I should be sending you the mail tomorrow morning.
Thanks dear, I will be expecting it. My regards to daddy repo and the little repos.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by jaybiz007(m): 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
whitemosquito:
Oh. Then you shouldnt have quoted a post with my name in it, cos it showed up on my mentions.

Issorai. Carry go.
Alright bluemosquito whitemosquito
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Whitemosquito, please don't mind my masquadality. I have not written a flash fiction before, so I would like to know if The Title will be counted as part of the 400words
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 11:22am On Dec 26, 2014
Divepen:
Whitemosquito, please don't mind my masquadality. I have not written a flash fiction before, so I would like to know if The Title will be counted as part of the 400words
The Grand Masquada himself!
No, dearie, it wouldn't count. Forgot to add that jere.
As soon as the thread is reopened, Ill make a few changes...

Happy writing!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Love, No Inhibitions / Circle Of Three. / Faceless By Amma Darko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.