Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? (24239 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? / Why Do Nigerians Cook Their Stew So Much? / Nessa-fel Ofada Rice (100% Natural. Stone And Smell Free Unpolished Local Rice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
I have seen something like this on FT before.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Wow
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by cooljude(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Local rice is far more better but for those ones directly from the farm without more processing, you have to pick through the rice the same way you do to beans inother to remove stones. So people would rather go for the easy choice, but their is some well processed local rice.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Maxcollins042(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
osile2012:
[size=15pt]I have noticed most of my friends and people i talk to prefer foreign rice to our local rice. I try to let them know it is not good for our economy, and a friend asked me if he should eat what he does not like because of the economy.

Do you also prefer foreign rice to ours?
[/size]
Mah broda its not good for mah teeth and sense of taste,mah health first before Economy,be like say you never chop am before.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by muktar10(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Appendix!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by adedayourt(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Cus its usually vry dirty

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by diasporaman(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
I'm missing Iya Beji Ofada rice @lagos island compare to chemically processed oyibo rice here. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Rexsoko(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
I only hate it because of the stress in preparing it plus its look
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by ocee31(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
For those of you shouting stone try ebony rice from ebony I state and you'll love it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Donbrig: 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Nigerians now prefer foreign rice to local rice because our local rice had been abandoned for so long with bad packaging. I think our local rice producers should do more in packaging and marketing, and every foreign rice shoud be strictly bound from entering the country. If Nigerians no longer have foreign rice to consume, with time, we will all fall back to our local rice, and that will be a very big boost to our ECONOMY in a couple of weeks. But can GEJ stop foreign rice from entering the country? When all the foreign rice importers are the same corrupt officials in his govt.

God Save Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Funjosh(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Give Ofada rice and I will bless you forever wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by SkinnyDude(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
i don get tooth injury because say i dey chop local lice rice.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by marvelousabah(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
I prefer foreign,i no go chop stone bcs of economy,wey no be go benefit instead na all dis pot bellied politician go loot everytin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by dipopooo(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
It's very simple. Nigerians dont like n bliv in dere tinz.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Hamatrony(m): 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
princeokpara:
[sub][/sub]Is becos of d to much sand dat makes nigerian to dislike local riceIs becos of d to much sand dat makes nigerian to dislike local riceIs becos of d to much sand dat makes nigerian to dislike local rice
Abeg, wat ar u sayin? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by ijechikky(f): 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
mcmukoko12:
[size=18pt]NO wonder the white are always sick of cancer of the head, waist, eyes, nose and bumbum. If they continue eating their rice. NAIJA LOCAL RICE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD. IT HAS IMPORTANT NUTRIENTS.[/size]
SECONDED grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
Stones! Though there is great improvement now and i do it eat and enjoy it
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Caracta(f): 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Isn't that ofada rice?

How can i hate it? I still have some in my pot? I just looooove it!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Eat anyone u can afford, if u can afford but eat the one u prefer.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Olypeppy(f): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
Timohunk:
Dirt is always available on it and moreover,the taste is irritating
irritating?u neva chop abeg abi u dey school for France too....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by freecocoa(f): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
My Dad loves Ofada rice but it gets soggy easily and I love my rice not glued to each other so I prefer the other type, Ofada is sweeter though.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Deltagiant: 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
osile2012:
[size=15pt]I have noticed most of my friends and people i talk to prefer foreign rice to our local rice. I try to let them know it is not good for our economy, and a friend asked me if he should eat what he does not like because of the economy.

Do you also prefer foreign rice to ours?
[/size]

Ironically, the "local" rice keeps you healthy because of its high fiber content. They release sugar slowly in to the blood stream and thereby keeping diabetes away. While the foreign rice has turned Nigerians more diabetic than ever; dumping sugar into their blood streams.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Onyenna(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
We do eat local rice shaaa....they've really improved..... **abakaliki rice****
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by 4stylz: 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ilovenigeria:
Becos of choping stone.

The kind stones inside ehh can make you do appendix operation twice..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by agabaI23(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
Timohunk:
Dirt is always available on it and moreover,the taste is irritating
You are yet to eat Ebony gold(Abakaliki rice) or maybe you have eaten without knowing. Tastes better than the popular foreign rice

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by sod09(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
Cos its mixed with stones
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by SkinnyDude(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
Caracta:
Isn't that ofada rice?

How can i hate it? I still have some in my pot? I just looooove it!
hmm. make i come eat nah. hope there is no stone in it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by kcowen(m): 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
@OP Do u mean OFADA RICE....?U make mistake cos if u see the way d rice is rushed in dis part of Lagos I am,u'll think twice & I heard its very expensive....eat ofada rice with the stew & take it down with a bottle of orijin,ur life will nevr remain d same

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by omenawata(m): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
It sticks like glue when cooked undecided tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by sisiafrika(f): 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
Local rice is more nutritious than the polished foreign rice. The polished ones lack one of the vitamin Bs

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
helica:
Eat anyone u can afford, if u can afford both eat the one u prefer.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by AmaechiLinus(m): 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
Our local Rice is not hyginically prepared that's why people are running away from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever Got A Bone Stuck In Your Throat? How Did You Remove It? / What Is The Difference Between Soup, Stew And Sauce? / Roasted Corn VS Boiled Corn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.