Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? (23715 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? / Why Do Nigerians Cook Their Stew So Much? / Some Have Food But Cannot Eat VS. Some Can Eat But Have No Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by angiemartinez(f): 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
That makes the 2 of us
mzclare:
Of cos..... I am allergic to honey
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by bukster(f): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
The allergy rate in Nigeria is far lower than in West but I believe that Nigeria has a higher lactose intolerent rate. Many people are allergic to milk and just don't know it.
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by AishyWemsy(f): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

I also can't stand the smell of honey, it turns my stomach for hours on end.
ooh really! I thought It is just me
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Davecafary(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Am terribly allergic to catfish and crayfish...those two times had tried forcing myself to eat these two got me butt naked scratching my body for 3 good days. The night experience is the worse, almost made me lose my mind. And another food am still trying to figure out is the one that leaves my face puffy, but that was long time ago.
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by macof(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
Yes Africans have food allergies

in Yoruba systems, when a child is born divination will tell the food and activities the child should avoid for his physiological growth
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by fashrola(m): 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
asokoromadam:
Most Africans are lactose intolerant but they don't kniw this .

Give me three crowns milk and I bet you won't stay in the same room with me for a day grin

I'm allergic to Avocado Pear
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by teepsee(f): 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
ekibor:
I cnt go 2days without eating swallow lipsrsealed I cnt go 2days without eating swallow
I can go a whole week without that, and I won't be bothered. Maybe that is one reason I'm slim
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by highpappy: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
iampeTer:
I dont eat butter ..it makes acnes appear on my face

That's not an allergy. Its a food intolerance, possibly to fat content in the butter.

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by truthalways(m): 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
AishyWemsy:
ohh, I thought I am the only one in the world with an allergic reaction to honey, people around me find it weird how honey makes me feel.

Honey almost killed me sad
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by SAMBARRY: 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
molydonhenry:
Sorry
for your daddy wink
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by jaymichael(m): 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
There are some certain foods I don't like (quite naturally) but I CONSUME ALL, ALLERGIC to none.
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Trueyarn(m): 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
...for me it's salad cream, any brand...i had been experiencing severe abdominal pains each time i consumed any snack or food blended with salad cream...one day the pains got out of hand and after that i decided to find out what was behind it...i tried all the other stuff that i suspected but nothing happened...i waited for some time,but nothing...then i tried the salad cream...oh lawd the pain, i got the answer to my problem sha...yeah some Africans do have allergies tho it is 1 in every 20...my opinion tho.
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
eleojo23:

Really? That is how someone will die from anaphylactic reactions caused by food allergy and we would just conclude that it is the will of God without even bothering to find out what caused it.

I can bet that many Africans have lost their lives due to food allergies without knowing it
Our problem is that we don't document a lot of things.

Gerareheeere Men............................................... That guy has told you the truth, a thorough ajepako africa bread black skin nigga don`t have allergies.
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Ugosample(m): 10:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
Samzack:
u guys r getting allergies mixed up with not lliking a food...Allergies causes sneezing and an itchy, runny or
blocked nose (allergic rhinitis)
itchy, red, watering eyes
(conjunctivitis)
wheezing, chest tightness, shortness
of breath and a cough.
a raised, itchy, red rash (hives)
swollen lips, tongue, eyes or face.
And till this day no food has had dis reactions on me...so i rolling dont think africans born and bred in africa got allergies

That's not true.
my sis is allergic to pineapples, it gives her rashes all over her mouth, it's worse than goose bumps.
don't generalise

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
gragraboy:

Ajekpako pikin grin....

Ajekpako?
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
Teeminjin:

my sis too... she swells up when she takes too.. like serious swelling o..

Yes, me too. I break out in hives from skin contact alone. With consumption, I also get itchiness, swelling and some trouble breathing. I'm just glad I don't have any seasonal allergies. My sister is allergic to a particular type of grass called timothy-grass.
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Nobody: 3:12am On Jun 08, 2016
muskham:
A full bred African child has no allergy.
This is a myopic view. There are many "full bred Africans" with various food allergies. Some don't even know they have these allergies, until they consume what triggers the allergic reactions.
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Ugosample(m): 11:38am On Jun 08, 2016
bartho77:
Only soft (ajebo) Africans have food allergies, the real (ajekpako) Africans have no food allergies.

And that is because the ajekpako doesn't have much food variety to eat. Always hungry and not sure where the next food will come from
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by calliope(f): 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2016
placeofallure:

No mind OP! Food alaji ko, food alaja ni! You don chop belleful ?
LOL.
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Cutehector(m): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
calliope:

LOL.
mind chatting offline?
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by calliope(f): 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2016
Cutehector:
mind chatting offline?
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Cutehector(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2016
calliope:

chatting is boring cute cheesy
prefer calls? Dnt worry i"v got a lot of airtime
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Gigihealth: 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
Allergy symptoms are usually dependent on the substances that are involved. They can involve the sinuses, the airways, skin, nasal passages, and even the digestive system. Click on the link below to read more,
http://www.gigihealth.com/allergy-symptoms-what-type-of-allergy-do-you-suffer-from/
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by guilelessme: 10:38am On Aug 12, 2016
Niyinficient:

Now tell me what u guys take daily dat is devoid of at least 'groundnut oil'...wit ur claim, u guys must b in perpetual skin rashness...sorry abt dat....u guys shud turn vegs

Honey, you dont have to be so vile and ignorant. There's all sorts of cooking oil in the market. The groundnut oil being referred to could be what's popularly known as kuli oil. Other alternatives that may not cause unpleasant reactions are sunflower oil, corn oil, canola oil and olive oil, just to mention a few. Try to dey do small research(if u dont know or are not sure of something) before jumping to put up nasty comments. wink
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Niyinficient(m): 10:48am On Aug 12, 2016
guilelessme:

Honey, you dont have to be so vile and ignorant. There's all sorts of cooking oil in the market. The groundnut oil being referred to could be what's popularly known as kuli oil. Other alternatives that may not cause unpleasant reactions are sunflower oil, corn oil, canola oil and olive oil, just to mention a few. Try to dey do small research(if u dont know or are not sure of something) before jumping to put up nasty comments. wink

Sugar....i know see why it took u so long to give a reply. As u can see, it took u weeks to find out oda oil in the market before u can give a reply. Nice one sweerie, but pls tell me the proportion of these oda kinds of cooking oil to groundnut oil in the Nigerian market and their rate of consumption, Is it Olive oil dat has now become useful mainly religious activities or the corn oil that cannot be ordinarily be found in the market? Be real with ur sef sweerie!
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by guilelessme: 11:35am On Aug 12, 2016
Oga, corn oil dey. At least i know of 2 brands. Mazola and Wessons corn oil. Both all over grocery stores in ogba. Easily available at Idumota too. Just replied cos i only just got to read d post. tongue.Stop arguing lamely.

[quote awuthor=Niyinficient post=48413583]

Sugar....i know see why it took u so long to give a reply. As u can see, it took u weeks to find out oda oil in the market before u can give a reply. Nice one sweerie, but pls tell me the proportion of these oda kinds of cooking oil to groundnut oil in the Nigerian market and their rate of consumption, Is it Olive oil dat has now become useful mainly religious activities or the corn oil that cannot be ordinarily be found in the market? Be real with ur sef sweerie! [/quote]
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by Niyinficient(m): 11:40am On Aug 12, 2016
guilelessme:
Oga, corn oil dey. At least i know of 2 brands. Mazola and Wessons corn oil. Both all over grocery stores in ogba. Easily available at Idumota too. Just replied cos i only just got to read d post. tongue.Stop arguing lamely.

Ogbeni.....na english be ur problem or the comprehension? infact.....i leave u to ur 'mumunesss'
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by guilelessme: 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
tongue cheesy cheesy grin
Niyinficient:

Ogbeni.....na english be ur problem or the comprehension? infact.....i leave u to ur 'mumunesss'
Re: Do Nigerians/africans Have Food Allergies? by shruuh: 7:19am On Aug 13, 2016
Most people are allergic to gluten meals. The allergic effect differ from one person to another, unfortunately most Africans are not aware.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catering Services This Season (lagos) / Nigerian Native Chalk / Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.