Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,208 members, 7,780,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:17 PM

Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu (30896 Views)

Biafra Day Celebration And Its Implications To Nigeria's Unity / Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity / Tribalism Vs. Ethnocentrism - Is There A Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 25, 2014
Ogbonaikenna:
don't mind them
problem of this country its Yoruba pple they get huge Benefit from south south and they support north Smh
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Omadachi(m): 9:42am On Dec 25, 2014
Is good to not that GEJ have realize that GMB is a threat.It wasn't like this before 2011 election.What we need is change.This present administration has failed woefully.

Nigeria, despite being recognized as the as the largest economy in Africa, has been ranked as one of the least least prosperous countries in 2014 and that’s not all, the but the “Giant of Africa” has also been ranked as one of Africa’s poorest country below other smaller African countries like Niger, Benin, Mali and Cameroon […]
Source:BUZZ NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by AreaFada2: 9:43am On Dec 25, 2014
cupidhero:
Juliane assange is yet to be bailed,infact he is celebrating his own xmas in captivity and nigerians are using his work to score cheap political points. This is why i hate these paid shills. You guys don't know when to stop and take a break.

Hmmmmmm.

Where did you get that information from? He was never captured. He took refuge at a foreign embassy in UK. I pass by that same embassy almost daily.

The reason they want him so much is precisely because everything he revealed are genuine Western intel communication.

Those things were not written by Assange.

3 Likes

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by sorom4: 9:44am On Dec 25, 2014
grayht:
“This generation of Nigerians and indeed the future generation have no country other than Nigeria, we shall stay and salvage it together!”
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari

All we want is
B: bring
U: Us
H: Happiness
A: And
R: Restore
I: Integrity

VOTE APC
GMB.. Till 2050!!!

All we dont want is
B: Bring
H: Hatred
I: Islam

7 Likes

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by DaBullIT(m): 9:46am On Dec 25, 2014
[size=20pt]Thank you for the proof and the links to your proof, however i did not see where you added that the statement was made in 2003

A lot has changed , a lot might have changed

If this is your argument,

How do you explain Why Obasanjo who smuggled Jonathan into Aso-Rock's decision to drop him now , Obviously a lot changed

Stop selling propaganda, WE WANT GMB[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by kristisking(m): 9:48am On Dec 25, 2014
Pot calling kettle black.Both of you are wolves in sheep clothing.Besides,Buhari who was described as a devil by Tinubu,suddenly became a saint receiving accolades from the same man who once described him as a bigot and sectional leader.This is not funny,ofcourse we are in Nigeria,where everything goes.Look at the kind of people some nigerians including nairalanders want to govern them.Whether we accept it or not,the fact remains that APC is a party formed by desperate,selfish,corrupt,bigot and sectional politicians with evil intention.They dont mean well for nigerians.All they want is power.Tinubu has said it all.I'm very optimistic that Buhari and cohorts will be put where they belong come 2015.

7 Likes

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by XueRengui: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2014
DaBullIT:
Thank you for the proof and the links to your proof, however i did not see where you added that the statement was made in 2003

A lot has changed , a lot might have changed

If this is your argument,

How do you explain Why Obasanjo who smuggled Jonathan into Aso-Rock's decision to drop him now , Obviously a lot changed

Stop selling propaganda, WE WANT GMB
who are the we

5 Likes

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 25, 2014
AreaFada2:

Abi o, Tinubu is not an idi.ot. He knows his onions.

Buhari was and is a total ethno-religious bigot. Tinubu knows what we all know.

But you see, most politicians are not principled people.

Dinning with the devil is part of their job.

Anything to get into power.

Sadly.
Only if his {GMB} knows what they are about to sacrifice. GEJ might be clueless(as people think) but he is far better than GMB.
Buhari was the Head of State but not until I went for a Job interview(An agent corrected me) last week I thought he was the vice.
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by F22RAPTOR(m): 9:53am On Dec 25, 2014
sawdust:
So why is politics such a rich source of the inane, the illogical, the daft and the dumb? And why do politicians say such stupid things?
Is it because the pressure of the job plays havoc with the mind when our leaders have to speak off the cuff?
Is it because the media spotlight demands an instant answer to any problem however complex, and creates a paranoia which precludes clear thought?
Or is it because the bright people have all been snapped up to do other things more productive and intellectual - like education or law or business or stacking the shelves in a supermarket?
Hahahahaha...a whole lotta questions for the gods
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 25, 2014
BUHARI is so clueless even his quotes and interviews are proofs. All he wants is to come back for revenge(Like he said Ihave forgiven them but won't forget).
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 25, 2014
F22RAPTOR:

Hahahahaha...a whole lotta questions for the gods

dat's if u are the gods
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by anonimi: 9:55am On Dec 25, 2014
neocortex:

source: https://www.wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/03LAGOS369_a.html

This is what tinubu told USA in secret. This same Tinubu is now trying to sell Buhari to us. From the cable it is clear that Tinubu is going against the interest of Nigerians by forcing Buhari on us.

I know that Nigerians will make informed choices come 2015.

Thanks for sharing.
However the same document provides the key to why our JagaBandit is supporting Buhari now =>

9. (C) Bio comment. Tinubu is direct, articulate, and a sharp analyst who understands accommodation. He acknowledges the imperative of political compromise in the game for power, even with political actors whom he might be inclined to denigrate.

Ogbeni Ojuyobo will do anything to advance his GREED.
That includes changing his own name, parents, place of origin etc shocked
Let's leave murder out of it for the moment!

Most of his clueless followers do not know the devil incarnate they are dealing with!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by DaBullIT(m): 9:57am On Dec 25, 2014
XueRengui:

who are the we

WE = 98 Percent Reasonable Nigerians , If you are not part of US, that's your business grin , Another will take your spot shocked

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Agbonjie(m): 9:59am On Dec 25, 2014
It's clear this party people called APC deosnot have vision cus if GMB.. Till 2050!!!, it mean they need ghost from grave yard 2rule them. Off course they knew after 2015, he must hv rest in the grave & leave Nigerian in peace

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by kingthreat(m): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2014
2003, 2007, I didn't give a hoot about Buhari. Lately, I have read about the man, understood his resilient reason for contesting. And with Nigeria going to the dogs, its obvious He is the best person to rule Nigeria come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by kristisking(m): 10:03am On Dec 25, 2014
XueRengui:

who are the we
The bokoharams and the jihadists
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by chemali: 10:04am On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

Thanks for sharing.
However the same document provides the key to why our JagaBandit is supporting Buhari now =>

Ogbeni Ojuyobo will do anything to advance his GREED.
That includes changing his own name, parents, place of origin etc shocked
Let's leave murder out of it for the moment!

Most of his clueless followers do not know the devil incarnate they are dealing with!!!

If Tinubu is d devil himself, GMB is the angel of light that will vanquish him. It's surprising that jesus(GEJ) cannot destroy this devil like the true Jesus Christ. Because there is a political alliance doesn't mean Nigeria will dance to the whims and caprice of Tinubu. Alams is an ex convict and can be said to be Jonathan's godfather.... Are we not being ridiculed as a nation by the pardon he granted him few years after becoming president?
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 10:04am On Dec 25, 2014
emiye:
But Tinubu did not support Obasanjo's 2nd term bid, if my memory serves me right, he was the only AD governor of the then 6 AD GOVERNORS who was opposed to the AD backing Obasanjo, and on election he voted for AD on the governorship and presidential ballot paper(election was same day), eventhough the AD had no presidential candidate. Tinubu showed his ballot papers after voting to the press with shout of "jeun soke" from those around him

Read the excerpt in red

Nigeria: AD Postpones Obasanjo's Adoption

By Reuben Yunana
A final decision on the adoption of President Olusegun Obasanjo as the presidential candidate of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) would have to wait for now, as a meeting to rule on the issue has been postponed indefinitely.

The party's National Publicity Secretary, Chief Rafiu Jafojo yesterday announced the postponement till further notice of its National Executive Committee meeting slated for tomorrow, thus putting on hold a definite position by the party on the adoption of the PDP flagbearer.

Speaking with correspondents at the Lagos State Secretariat Alausa, Alhaji Jafojo said the postponement was to give the various zones more time to deliberate on issues arising from the last NEC meeting.

According to him, the National Chairman, Alhaji Ahmed Abdulkadir is to announce a new date for the postponed NEC meeting.

A fortnight ago, a meeting of the party's NEC, called to endorse President Obasanjo as the party's candidate, was stalemated as NEC members failed to agree on the matter.

Sources close to the meeting had told Daily Trust that there was sharp disagreement among NEC members over what was viewed as an attempt by powerful forces within the party to impose President Obasanjo on the party.

According to the source who is close to the party executive gubernatorial aspirants from the North were against the adoption, claiming it might jeopardise their chances in the forthcoming elections.

The move according to the source is viewed as an attempt by AD governor to impose President Obasanjo on the party without adequate consultation with members.

As a result, the NEC meeting put the matter on hold two weeks ago to enable party leaders in the six geo-political zones consult their supporters on the matter.

Alhaji Abdulkadir had said after the meeting. "Since we are in a democratic dispensation, it would be unfair and unjust to concede to the demands of certain groups that President Obasanjo be adopted as the party's presidential candidate without consulting other members.

"The only option is to allow AD members of the entire six geo-political zones to express their views because when some people agree on a particular matter, others may be opposed to it.

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/200301270574.html/

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by emiye(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Read the excerpt in red

Nigeria: AD Postpones Obasanjo's Adoption

By Reuben Yunana
A final decision on the adoption of President Olusegun Obasanjo as the presidential candidate of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) would have to wait for now, as a meeting to rule on the issue has been postponed indefinitely.

The party's National Publicity Secretary, Chief Rafiu Jafojo yesterday announced the postponement till further notice of its National Executive Committee meeting slated for tomorrow, thus putting on hold a definite position by the party on the adoption of the PDP flagbearer.

Speaking with correspondents at the Lagos State Secretariat Alausa, Alhaji Jafojo said the postponement was to give the various zones more time to deliberate on issues arising from the last NEC meeting.

According to him, the National Chairman, Alhaji Ahmed Abdulkadir is to announce a new date for the postponed NEC meeting.

A fortnight ago, a meeting of the party's NEC, called to endorse President Obasanjo as the party's candidate, was stalemated as NEC members failed to agree on the matter.

Sources close to the meeting had told Daily Trust that there was sharp disagreement among NEC members over what was viewed as an attempt by powerful forces within the party to impose President Obasanjo on the party.

According to the source who is close to the party executive gubernatorial aspirants from the North were against the adoption, claiming it might jeopardise their chances in the forthcoming elections.

The move according to the source is viewed as an attempt by AD governor to impose President Obasanjo on the party without adequate consultation with members.

As a result, the NEC meeting put the matter on hold two weeks ago to enable party leaders in the six geo-political zones consult their supporters on the matter.

Alhaji Abdulkadir had said after the meeting. "Since we are in a democratic dispensation, it would be unfair and unjust to concede to the demands of certain groups that President Obasanjo be adopted as the party's presidential candidate without consulting other members.

"The only option is to allow AD members of the entire six geo-political zones to express their views because when some people agree on a particular matter, others may be opposed to it.

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/200301270574.html/

Nothing new, if you read my post, i stated that post 2003 election, there were 6 AD governors , 5 of them were in support of backing Obasanjo, but Tinubu did not agree.... and on election day, he showed his ballot paper to the press, where he voted AD for both presidential and for himself(gubernatorial). AD was the first logo on the ballot paper, and "jeun soke" was the political slang then.
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Hemanwel(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2014
maestroferddi:
I said earlier that when PDP swings into action to deconstruct and desmystify Buhari, the very vociferous APC supporters would see that they have been had...
Many of them shouting "GMB for 2015!!!" will still make a U-turn at the eleventh hour.They only want to flow with the hype and trend for the time being.
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by rigarmortis: 10:13am On Dec 25, 2014
The APC presidential candidate and his VP are both baby amateur polititians playing with hardcore pro polititians like tinubu, buhari himself is one naive megalomanaic power hungry fart hoping to fool gullible people by banking on his pseudo anticorruption toga, he isnt fooling anyone but himself.

Not atiku, tinubu and the rest, he is just being used for a front, he will be discarded when he is done with.

So sad for the old man who should be enjoying his old age but running around fooling himself, anticorruption campaign with ppl like atiku and tinubu...........

Tuna fish swimming with the sharks.

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by cupidhero(m): 10:17am On Dec 25, 2014
AreaFada2:

Hmmmmmm.

Where did you get that information from? He was never captured. He took refuge at a foreign embassy in UK. I pass by that same embassy almost daily.

The reason they want him so much is precisely because everything he revealed are genuine Western intel communication.

Those things were not written by Assange.
Don't mind my english,i know those were not written by him but atleast he started it all and even celebratting his xmas inside the ecuadororian embassy. Him being there is the same thing as someone who is under a house arrest,a fellow truther told me he stays in a toilet that was converted to a house inside the embassy. I just hate it when nigerians politicise everything. big brotherism is on the rise daily and it is only a matter of time before they even start censoring the whole WWW. peace#
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by ICHINONYE(m): 10:18am On Dec 25, 2014
D fear of Tinubu here is actualy my fear y I can't n won't vote in Buhari, Buhari haz al d qualities to lead dis country but while wil I vote in som1 dat wud criple Nigeria united for his own personal war,masking shaira in one part of d country witout considering d fact dat christain stays in dat part s a crime agains humanity n freedom we all shud reject.

Tinubu s supportin him now cuse he does not ve anytin to lose,atfall he tinubu won't leave more dan 12yrs more,I am Not wishing him death but certainly he s old n wud leave us some day,den who suffer d misrule? We youth again
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Collynzo22: 10:19am On Dec 25, 2014
cupidhero:

Don't mind my english,i know those were not written by him but atleast he started it all and even celebratting his xmas inside the ecuadororian embassy. Him being there is the same thing as someone who is under a house arrest,a fellow truther told me he stays in a toilet that was converted to a house inside the embassy. I just hate it when nigerians politicise everything. big brotherism is on the rise daily and it is only a matter of time before they even start censoring the whole WWW. peace#
Does his being in Prison, house arrest or whatever take anything away from the fact that the files he released were genuine?

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by anonimi: 10:20am On Dec 25, 2014
chemali:

If Tinubu is d devil himself, GMB is the angel of light that will vanquish him. It's surprising that jesus(GEJ) cannot destroy this devil like the true Jesus Christ. Because there is a political alliance doesn't mean Nigeria will dance to the whims and caprice of Tinubu. Alams is an ex convict and can be said to be Jonathan's godfather.... Are we not being ridiculed as a nation by the pardon he granted him few years after becoming president?

Again you talk like a novice.
Go and find out what happened in 2011 when Tinubu was invited to Aso rock shortly before the elections and the outcome in the south west plus Edo state votes, then come back and discuss further undecided
You can actually start with this post =>

Some here may not understand the import of these results. It shows that after the collapse of ACN/CPC talks, Jonathan was able to secure a guarantee from Tinubu and the other ACN leaders to soft pedal in the South West for him to have a foothold in the region, hence the bright showing of PDP in the West. On the other hand, Ribadu and Shekarau agreed to support one of their own - Buhari, hence the resurgence of CPC all over the Northern States.

These things could not be announced openly due to the closeness of the agreement to the election date, but the messages were relayed to party leaders at ward levels and also to party agents, hence the incident of ACN agents voting for PDP.

The fact that this election throws up is that South - South coalition can defeat the Northern oligarchy in free and fair elections - that is, if Jonathan wins. The great sage, Awo foresaw this possibility in his lifetime which explains his oft recourse to selecting Igbo Vice Presidential candidates, but the propaganda machines of the oligarchy prevented a south-south coalition to see the light of the day. Today, Awo is being vindicated, the south can actually win the presidency of Nigeria without bowing to the shenanigans of the oligarchy.

From: http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/62115-presidential-polls-d-day-jonathan-buhari-ribadu-shekarau-4.html#post537875

Mikky Jaga who posted it is the Defender-in-Chief of the Tinubu clan on NVS and he operates here as well screaming Jona'daft like a deranged yaba left resident.
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 10:21am On Dec 25, 2014
emiye:

Nothing new, if you read my post, i stated that post 2003 election, there were 6 AD governors , 5 of them were in support of backing Obasanjo, but Tinubu did not agree.... and on election day, he showed his ballot paper to the press, where he voted AD for both presidential and for himself(gubernatorial). AD was the first logo on the ballot paper, and "jeun soke" was the political slang then.

But political watchers were quick to point out that Abdulkadir fell outof the group's favour following his alleged role as the chief facilitator and executioner of the AD and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) accord which ensured that the former (AD) did not field any candidate in the April 19, 2003 presidential election won by Obasanjo.

Ironically both Senator Tinubu, his group which has taken up arms against Abdulkadir as well as the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere similarly endorsed the AD-PDP romance.

It is no longer news that the AD had its fingers burnt in the process losing its grip on the politics of South West geo-political zone.

Out of the party's five governors who sought re-election, on April 19only Asiwaju Tinubu emerged victorious while Chief Olusegun Osoba (Ogun)Alhaji Lam Adesina (Oyo) Chief Adebayo Adefarati (Ondo) Otunba Niyi Adebayo(Ekiti) and Chief Adebisi Akande were roundly beaten by their PDPopponents.

It would also be recalled that most of the former AD governors includingTinubu as well as the late Attorney General and Justice minister Chief BolaIge (SAN) had ensured Abdulkadir's emergence as national chairman in 2001,Another faction of the party made up of Afenifere leaders had then picked Ambassador Yusuf Mamman as its national chairman.

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/200308060470.html/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by born2fuckpussy: 10:21am On Dec 25, 2014
chamboy:
b booking mumu space
why u wan cry?
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by anonimi: 10:26am On Dec 25, 2014
emiye:

So he showed his ONE ballot paper and you are convinced ALL his party agents and those under HIS control voted for AD for presidential even though they fielded NO candidate

That said, Tinubu admitted that he and his party, the Alliance for Democracy, must support Obasanjo. Southwest Nigeria is Yoruba land and the President is Yoruba. Tinubu"s party had no choice since it has not fielded a presidential candidate. Moreover, Obasanjo is the only
candidate who stands a chance of blocking his rival, General Muhammadu Buhari, whose ethnocentrism would jeopardize Nigeria"s national unity.

Yet when I say people's brains have been cloned with General Buhari's cow brains to be doing Moo-Moo follow follow like clueless zombies, some will say I am exaggerating shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by makzeze: 10:26am On Dec 25, 2014
No matter what they say or post.

We stand by BUHARI/OSINBAJO 2015
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:30am On Dec 25, 2014
Its nothing new in politics, times change everything; how many who voted for GEJ then would now not give him the light of day because of his failure and realisation of the misleading lies/propaganda against GMB.

Similarly ppl like FFK and Asari Dokubo etc, once GEJ's critics are now his praise singers and defenders.
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by emiye(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2014
Ngwakwe:

But political watchers were quick to point out that Abdulkadir fell outof the group's favour following his alleged role as the chief facilitator and executioner of the AD and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) accord which ensured that the former did not field any candidate in the April 19, 2003 presidential election won by Obasanjo.

Ironically both Senator Tinubu, his group which has taken up arms against Abdulkadir as well as the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere similarly endorsed the AD-PDP romance.

It is no longer news that the AD had its fingers burnt in the process losing its grip on the politics of South West geo-political zone.

Out of the party's five governors who sought re-election, on April 19only Asiwaju Tinubu emerged victorious while Chief Olusegun Osoba (Ogun)Alhaji Lam Adesina (Oyo) Chief Adebayo Adefarati (Ondo) Otunba Niyi Adebayo(Ekiti) and Chief Adebisi Akande were roundly beaten by their PDPopponents.

It would also be recalled that most of the former AD governors includingTinubu as well as the late Attorney General and Justice minister Chief BolaIge (SAN) had ensured Abdulkadir's emergence as national chairman in 2001,Another faction of the party made up of Afenifere leaders had then picked Ambassador Yusuf Mamman as its national chairman.

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/200308060470.html/
You did not observe the fallacy in what you've posted? That tinubu and the other AD governors backed the emergenge of Abdulkadir as chairman in 2001 does not mean Tinubu supported him to impose OBJ as AD's consensus candidate.

Tinubu made it clear to other AD governors the danger in supporting OBJ. I guess they did not see reason with him, to prove a point on election day he voted AD for presidential, and he asked for the same from his supporters, i was not too young to remember that there were lots of void votes for presidential in Lagos, because some people actually voted for AD in presidential election.
Re: Wikileaks: "Buhari's Ethnocentrism Would Jeopardize Nigeria's Unity" - Tinubu by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 25, 2014
sorom4:

All we dont want is
B: Bring
H: Hatred
I: Islam
grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari's Union Bank Loan Offer Letter In 1984 (Photo) / Wike’s Aide, Inko-Tariah, Escapes Assassination In Rivers State!!! / Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.