Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer (2533 Views)

The Atheists Test / Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response / Will God Send Good Atheists To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:16pm On Mar 27, 2015
no one has been able to answer these questions ?? -- lemme try blueyedgeek , DProDG , prot0n
Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
Blakjewelry:
One problem with these religious guys is that they are quick to question the origin of the universe. They find it hard to believe that the universe was not created. They believe everything must have a creator and a designer but they they failed to explain the origin of the creator.
If find the op can explain the origin of God I will take time to answer all your questions

God has no origin - he is the beginning and the end , no one created him ... he is self-existent ... so can you now give answers to my questions ? Or was your request an excuse ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by Blakjewelry(m): 12:33am On Mar 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

God has no origin - he is the beginning and the end , no one created him ... he is self-existent ... so can you now give answers to my questions ? Or was your request an excuse ?
What you describe here sound more like it rather he. If you had said it is the beginning and the end it would have make more sense. you people believe the universe is so complex that it must have a designer, now for a being to design such a complex system, that must be super complex. If a super complex being exist, then that super complex must has a designer too, which leads to another super super complex being. This is one of the problems the ancient run into they tried to explain everything with a god theory. The only difference is they try to explain the origin of their gods until they end up with different ideas including the water of chaos. Naturally I hate to debate about religion because I believe everyone has the right to his her belief.
But here is a thought in head for some times now, looking at all the whole planet, I thought to myself, if decide to put God in equation of things, then he is not perfect at all. Mars and Jupiter for example, Mars lack global magnitosphere so, it is dead. Jupiter on the other hand has huge magnitosphere but it is a gas giant, so was experimenting the other planets before he perfect earth?

2 Likes

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:06am On Mar 28, 2015
Blakjewelry:

What you describe here sound more like it rather he. If you had said it is the beginning and the end it would have make more sense. you people believe the universe is so complex that it must have a designer, now for a being to design such a complex system, that must be super complex. If a super complex being exist, then that super complex must has a designer too, which leads to another super super complex being. This is one of the problems the ancient run into they tried to explain everything with a god theory. The only difference is they try to explain the origin of their gods until they end up with different ideas including the water of chaos. Naturally I hate to debate about religion because I believe everyone has the right to his her belief.
But here is a thought in head for some times now, looking at all the whole planet, I thought to myself, if decide to put God in equation of things, then he is not perfect at all. Mars and Jupiter for example, Mars lack global magnitosphere so, it is dead. Jupiter on the other hand has huge magnitosphere but it is a gas giant, so was experimenting the other planets before he perfect earth?

Lol ... Its obvious you didn't understand what I meant . When something is self-existent ,it means it exists independently of other beings or causes (according to the dictionary ). Meaning - no one created God . You find Christianity ridiculous , but don't find theories that prove life forms all came from a single cell and everything came from some big bang ludicrously absurd . You guys must be HIGH(Big) on CRACKers (bang) . I hope you get the joke sha grin grin

Like I say to every dumb atheist , give me a call when the initial conditions of the Big Bang are explained

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
no one has been able to answer these questions ?? -- lemme try blueyedgeek , DProDG , prot0n
When the most dishonest Christian on NL that constantly evades questions and derails topics asks you to answer 30 poorly thought out questions... ok
Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by shahydbinaliyu(m): 6:57am On Mar 28, 2015
Those Bible verse you quoted sucks.. So fake and blasphemy

1 Like

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Hello , please I need the [s]evolutionists which are obviously atheistic and vice versa[/s] to answer these 30 questions for me . Please , I need no mediocre atheist to argue over these questions . Please answer with facts and dont "answer" a question with a question . Thank You
Two things, you do not have to be a biologists or an atheist to accept evolution. Also, I couldn't help but notice most of these questions are almost totally unrelated to either biology or atheism.

1.What caused the universe to exist ?
I don't know.

2.What explains the fine tuning of the universe?
'Fine-tuning' is simply based on our perception. No matter what form the universe had, humans will still refer to it as 'fine-tuned'.

3.Why do evolutionists deny the existence of a designer ?
In the case of Evolution, biologists do not out-right deny anything, rather, they look for evidence that supports it. The argument of a designer is not a scientific one.

4.How did DNA and amino acids arise?
DNA originated from RNA. Amino acids result from DNA.

5.Where did the genetic code come from?
Genetic code is a property of DNA. Refer to Ans.4.

6.How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains evolve?
There's nothing like irreducible complexity. NB The eye was considered irreducibly complex a few decades back before it was studied in depth.

7.How do we account for the origin of over 100 distinct language families , languages?
Human diversity is no surprise. Human migration from Africa started long before languages originated. In other words, these languages originated long after dozens of groups had spread across the globe. Refer to an anthropology textbook on the origin of language.

8.Why do other planets not support life just like earth?
We just haven't found ET life, yet.

9. Evolution is a gradual process that takes millions of years , since plants and animals evolved at different rates , how did the under-evolved macro complex organisms survive ?
The same way they survive now. Complexity does not always increase the chances of survival.

10. Why is religion termed as "slavery" by the atheists ?
Perhaps because it is based on faith which is by definition 'mental slavery'. Also, maybe because most have been used to justify slavery.

11.How is free will possible in a material universe?
In the case of materialism, time is not linear as we perceive it. It's simply another dimension so everything is predetermined.

12.How do we account for conscience and consciousness?
Conscience is a result of empathy. Consciousness is a result of brain functions. Study Neurology if you want to know in detail.

13.On what basis can we make moral judgements?
Off utilitarianism and of course, naturally, empathy.

14. Evolution they say takes time , off course millions of years , how did cells reproduce , at what time did the female primates tend to develop reproductive organs that enabled reproduction ? How sure are we that the newly produce cells survived
Cell division, mitosis(and meiosis), is occurring in you right now.
Reproductive organs evolved before primates.
Well, you're living proof that they did.

15.Why are animals not as intelligent as humans since we all came from a common ancestor? why cant they communicate with languages like humans do
Humans, as we know evolved differently. Thanks to a larger brain and a thumb(it's quite important), we got smarter and could manipulate our environment easily. Also, language is not exclusive to humans.

16.Why is sex pleasurable or why did nature make sex pleasurable since its main purpose is reproduction?
Sex is not pleasurable to every specie.

17.How do we account for the almost universal belief in the supernatural and how do we know the supernatural does not exist?
Ignorance. The supernatural has always been the lazy man's answer to unexplained phenomenon.
We do not know it doesn't exist but for skeptics, everything is false until proven otherwise.

19.If the bible is untrue and full of myths , how come it could forsee the future , events and places are same and as old as bible explained ?
Vague prophecies do not count as 'foreseeing the future'.

20.Why do atheists say miracles are fake , when medical evidence has verified unexplained cure ?
I'm not aware of medical evidence supporting miracles. I think that's why it's referred to as a 'miracle'.

21 Natural selection allows for organisms to develop certain features to enable them survive in their environment , why haven't Eskimos developed thick skin or become very hairy yet over the yeeeaaarrrrssss?
A modified homeostasis is more effective than thick skin.

22. Melanin absorbs sunlight , that accounts for our black colour . There are is high amount of sunlight and hot temperatures in certain regions .Why are there dark-skinned Eskimos?
I'm not sure, Google is your friend. However, sunlight and hot climates are not all that influence skin colour.

23 Since planes are artificial and aid movement which accounts for man's survival in his environment, should we expect man to grow wings in millions of years to come ?If false , who made you lord of evolution ? grin
That's not how evolution works, That's an exaggerated case of Lamarckism.

24 Explain how fossils are actually evidences of evolution? Do you know some fossils dont even fit in any family tree?
Fossils show the transitional forms of species. I'm not aware of that.

25.Which came first , the chicken or the egg , male or female , butterfly or flower , gases or star dust?
I don't know about the evolution of oviparous animals. I'm presume sexual reproduction evolved from asexual reproduction around the same period. IDK. Hydrogen gases.

26 .How did the gravitational pull come about and why is it non-existent in other planets .
There is gravity on EVERY physical body.

27. Why is every account of near death experience involving hell or heaven regarded as hallucination ?
Because by definition, NDE is a hallucination.

28 Explain how dead matter brought forth life. What came about the dead matter ?
Articles on Abiogenesis are all over the web. The Big Bang.

29 Do atheists believe man has the soul , spirit and body in one ? If false , state with facts that deny such
I don't speak for all atheists. You have to support an assertion with evidence before it can be refuted.

30. Do you know that earth was not created but restored in Genesis chap1 : 2 -30 but in the very beginning 1:1 and Adam was never the first man on earth? There is a great gap between vs 1 and vs 2 in Gen 1
Nope.

"men and nations" , animals existed before Adam but were destroyed in the first flood ,Lucifer's flood

"... and the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters " ... what waters ? from the first flood !

Proof : Isa 14 :12-14 , 2 Peter 3: 5-7 , Jeremiah 4 : 23-26 , Ezekiel 28 : 11-17 , Job 38 : 4-30
Good to know.

PS, half of your questions were irrelevant and could be answered with Google searches. Answering creationist questions is never a good way to start a morning but I had my reasons.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by Blakjewelry(m): 8:31am On Mar 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol ... Its obvious you didn't understand what I meant . When something is self-existent ,it means it exists independently of other beings or causes (according to the dictionary ). Meaning - no one created God . You find Christianity ridiculous , but don't find theories that prove life forms all came from a single cell and everything came from some big bang ludicrously absurd . You guys must be HIGH(Big) on CRACKers (bang) . I hope you get the joke sha grin grin

Like I say to every dumb atheist , give me a call when the initial conditions of the Big Bang are explained
Sorry bro, I do not find Christianity ridiculous rather I found all religion flawed. The only difference with Christianity is that, it has it root from the Hebrew belief system which has many has it origin from both ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia belief. If you have read the creation story of both places you find a striking similarities to the Hebrew Bible only that Hebrew version was doctored. Scientist do not put forth their work as an authority, rather it is there for all to attack if it brakes down then it is either modified or discarded. But religion seek to set itself as an authority that can be challenge in even the face of plane deceit. The big bang theory is not hard for the scientific mind to grasp, because if you take everything out from let say a particular region, that region is called space or vacuum. In science we know what we know as vacuum is not vacuum at all, what we called vacuum, empty space when all else has been removed is under stress and their alot factors in play which can lead to chaos or rather the release of a massive amount energy. Some of residual energy are still evident today in our universe. Now back to issue of self exist, who coin those words? Humans. Who wrote the story of the gods? Humans. Who do thinking and the talking for the gods? Humans.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:14am On Mar 28, 2015
DProDG:

Two things, you do not have to be a biologists or an atheist to accept evolution. Also, I couldn't help but notice most of these questions are almost totally unrelated to either biology or atheism.

I don't know.

'Fine-tuning' is simply based on our perception. No matter what form the universe had, humans will still refer to it as 'fine-tuned'.

In the case of Evolution, biologists do not out-right deny anything, rather, they look for evidence that supports it. The argument of a designer is not a scientific one.

DNA originated from RNA. Amino acids result from DNA.

Genetic code is a property of DNA. Refer to Ans.4.

There's nothing like irreducible complexity. NB The eye was considered irreducibly complex a few decades back before it was studied in depth.

Human diversity is no surprise. Human migration from Africa started long before languages originated. In other words, these languages originated long after dozens of groups had spread across the globe. Refer to an anthropology textbook on the origin of language.

We just haven't found ET life, yet.

The same way they survive now. Complexity does not always increase the chances of survival.

Perhaps because it is based on faith which is by definition 'mental slavery'. Also, maybe because most have been used to justify slavery.

In the case of materialism, time is not linear as we perceive it. It's simply another dimension so everything is predetermined.

Conscience is a result of empathy. Consciousness is a result of brain functions. Study Neurology if you want to know in detail.

Off utilitarianism and of course, naturally, empathy.

Cell division, mitosis(and meiosis), is occurring in you right now.
Reproductive organs evolved before primates.
Well, you're living proof that they did.

Humans, as we know evolved differently. Thanks to a larger brain and a thumb(it's quite important), we got smarter and could manipulate our environment easily. Also, language is not exclusive to humans.

Sex is not pleasurable to every specie.

Ignorance. The supernatural has always been the lazy man's answer to unexplained phenomenon.
We do not know it doesn't exist but for skeptics, everything is false until proven otherwise.

Vague prophecies do not count as 'foreseeing the future'.

I'm not aware of medical evidence supporting miracles. I think that's why it's referred to as a 'miracle'.

A modified homeostasis is more effective than thick skin.

I'm not sure, Google is your friend. However, sunlight and hot climates are not all that influence skin colour.

That's not how evolution works, That's an exaggerated case of Lamarckism.

Fossils show the transitional forms of species. I'm not aware of that.

I don't know about the evolution of oviparous animals. I'm presume sexual reproduction evolved from asexual reproduction around the same period. IDK. Hydrogen gases.

There is gravity on EVERY physical body.

Because by definition, NDE is a hallucination.

Articles on Abiogenesis are all over the web. The Big Bang.

I don't speak for all atheists. You have to support an assertion with evidence before it can be refuted.

Nope.

Good to know.

PS, half of your questions were irrelevant and could be answered with Google searches. Answering creationist questions is never a good way to start a morning but I had my reasons.

bleh ... poorly answered ... I overrate you guys maybe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:24am On Mar 28, 2015
DProDG:

When the most dishonest Christian on NL that constantly evades questions and derails topics asks you to answer 30 poorly thought out questions... ok

Poorly thought out questions? ... with answers like I don't know , good , asking me to read up , and google is your friend ...errmm

Just like you , asking me questions from the bible , and I say I don't know, the bible is your friend

Dishonest? Wanting me to argue science in a Religious section? grin you okay bro? Was just trolling at that time tongue
Derailing?Going from topics that are supposed to educate christians and lampooning them thereby derailing the topics in a RELIGION SECTION ... u cray and u know it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Poorly thought out questions? ... with answers like I don't know , good , asking me to read up , and google is your friend ...errmm
I don't claim to know what I don't.
Just like you , asking me questions from the bible , and I say I don't know, the bible is your friend
Nope, the bible is a book on Christian Mythology and the internet is a source of general knowledge.
Dishonest? Wanting me to argue science in a Religious section? grin you okay bro? Was just trolling at that time tongue
Derailing?Going from topics that are supposed to educate christians and lampooning them thereby derailing the topics in a RELIGION SECTION ... u cray and u know it
Says the one who asks 'scientific' questions in the religious section.

As much as responding to you may be redundant, I actually enjoy watching you make a fool of yourself. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

bleh ... poorly answered ... I overrate you guys maybe

1 Like

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
DProDG:

I don't claim to know what I don't.

Nope, the bible is a book on Christian Mythology and the internet is a source of general knowledge.

Says the one who asks 'scientific' questions in the religious section.

As much as responding to you may be redundant, I actually enjoy watching you make a fool of yourself. smiley
you just wasted your time typing

Its called trolling ... Ive stopped that since last year ... how will you know when you are a young nairalander

Its called learning which evolving 'apes' would learn in a million years time --- We are in the religion section and science should not be discussed , read my arguments with you .. I tried to avoid it , but your replies suggested otherwise

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
DProDG:

you just wasted your time ... .

for someone who gave bacteria , protozoa as animal life forms ... mumu is your case ...

for someone who says complex life forms , systems , organs with different functions came from a single cell -- mumu is your case

for someone who says bug banged theory is a fact but can't explain its initial conditions --- mumu is your case

for someone who thinks he's smart because his fellow dumb atheists liked his moronic comments --- mumu is your case

for someone who ridicules chrsitianity because of his ineffable poor understanding of its omnia circa --- mumu is your case

grab a science book , learn real science and exult your achievements and breakthrough in science and not by doltish comments you make

av got the elections to blog on, till we meet next time ... kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by gatiano(m): 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nice questions op. i don't understand why they are proud if they can't answer your questions with proves and confidence.
I'm not religious, but as a Blackman, i am a spiritual being. i can answer most of your question. the only question we have no answers to is the origin of the Blackman. i would answer in few hours...
Re: 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

you just wasted your time typing

Its called trolling ... Ive stopped that since last year ... how will you know when you are a young nairalander

Its called learning which evolving 'apes' would learn in a million years time --- We are in the religion section and science should not be discussed , read my arguments with you .. I tried to avoid it , but your replies suggested otherwise
Hehe, claiming to be a troll is a decent cover-up for saying dumb sh#t I'll give you that smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? / God Has Done It Again / High Angelic Sigils Of Power & Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.