Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Facebook To Face Lawsuit Over Scanning Users’ Messages - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Facebook To Face Lawsuit Over Scanning Users’ Messages (467 Views)

Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death / George Zimmerman To Face Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case / The Lawsuit That Could End The Gangster Rule Of Western Civilization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook To Face Lawsuit Over Scanning Users’ Messages by kuipid(m): 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2014
A U.S. judge has ruled that Facebook Inc must face a class action
lawsuit accusing it of violating users' privacy by scanning the
content of messages they send to other users for advertising purposes. See more details via http://adenaij..in/2014/12/facebook-to-face-lawsuit-over-scanning.html
Re: Facebook To Face Lawsuit Over Scanning Users’ Messages by sweettease(f): 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2014
It's shocking how much our privacy gets invaded these days by apps. My Facebook app scans my contacts and suggest friends I have no mutual Facebook friends with but are mostly in my phonebook, it's so many that I easily traced the source to my phonebook. Makes me wonder how many more of those invasion goes unnoticed.

(1) (Reply)

Kenya: Dadaab Refugee Camp Could Be Relocated After Garissa Massacre / 400 Drown In Migrant Boat Shipwreck / "G7 Helpless In The Face Of Mathematically Certain Bankruptcy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.