Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,948 members, 7,803,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free (8773 Views)

Why FG Suspended Comptroller General Of Immigration – Femi Adesina / Inspector General Of Police Restores Tambuwal’s Security Aides / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by resty4(m): 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
Reports from across the country so far, have indicated that the Christmas has been celebrated without any ugly incidents, the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Suleiman Abba, has said.

Abba, who spoke to newsmen on Thursday at the Jabi Lake Resort after he patrolled round the FCT, expressed delight for the incident free celebration.

The I-G also confirmed that security agencies had continued to receive reports of intended attacks by insurgents, but added that the plans had been nip in the bud.

“But the police, as well as other agencies involved in law enforcement and security activities have beefed up operations to make sure that people enjoy the festivities.

“This is to make sure that people celebrate with some sense of safety in them. I am happy that quite a number of people are relaxed, enjoying themselves.

“We are out to make sure that the places the people are likely to visit, including the roads they use in getting to those places are well secured’’, he said.

Abba promised that the police and other security agencies would put in extra hours of duty to make sure that Nigerians celebrate the Christmas and New Year in safety.

The I-G, accompany by Mr Wilson Inalegwu, the Commissioner of Police in charge of the FCT had group photograph with fun seekers at the lake at the end of the patrol.

It will be recalled that Abba embarked on aerial patrol/surveillance on Wednesday on the Abuja-Lokoja, Lokoja-Benin, Abuja-Minna and Abuja-Kaduna highways as part of strategies to ensure security during the celebrations.
Vanguard
Thisday

4 Likes

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by IamDejman(m): 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
The day is still young

*modified: We thank God o

FTC

1 Like

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by Obinoscopy(m): 3:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
Christmas has come and gone. Today is 27th and there has been no reported case of explosions or insurgency/terrorism. This Christmas is the most peaceful thus far in recent times. May God continue to protect us as we enter the New Year. Amen.

39 Likes

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by ceo4eva: 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Christmas has come and gone. Today is 27th and there has been no reported case of explosions or insurgency/terrorism. This Christmas is the most peaceful thus far in recent times. May God continue to protect us as we enter the New Year. Amen.
AMEN! We'll all live to see the new year 2015.
A Prosperous New Year Ahead!

21 Likes

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by datguru: 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
That man has lied, the Christmas can't be crime free, not after my little man took meat from the pot

15 Likes

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by ibdeals1(m): 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
That's nice to hear

1 Like

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by maaft(m): 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
yes!!! today is one of the best days of my life. I'm making FP for the second time. Thank You God. I can't believe this. as for the topic. its none of my business
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
MOD: Spell Police well on the subject/ title.
Anyway, after enjoying himself at Jabi Lake Resort why would he (I-G) not make conclusions undecided
Sule Abba sef grin

2 Likes

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by danaiks(m): 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan - YES I WILL GET A NEW PRIVATE JET NEXT YEAR!
Read the full interview here http://snipr.com/29k77xl
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by sccofield(m): 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
nice
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by NJPot(m): 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
is that necessary
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Yea right , it was only free of major crimes .

1 Like

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by adrelanine: 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
no ugly incidents, or the report no reach una side... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by tiswell(m): 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
When adequate security measures are in place,crimes has n place

1 Like

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by adrelanine: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
buh police arrested some guys in ma area na..
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by mencade4: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
Buhari you don hear am?

We dont need you and your lies in this country.

Go back to ur village in Niger Republic and rear your cattles there.

Gej till light bill becomes N1 per month.

Haters with insult....go burn in Hell.

2 Likes

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by usernamez: 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
Yeess o,it's stealing freee (Oga Jona don talk say stealing no b corruption sef) steal like 5 fried shikin when d fryer wey fry d fryee sef av not taste d tin cheesy .... thank God say dem no catch me smiley wink now looking up for another set of stealing for d new year celebration...

No quote me wrongly o... tongue

1 Like

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by colossus2: 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
We don hear
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by UnknownT: 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
Guess the Arson and Homicide reported on Nairaland's FP are not crime. Its good though b4 u attack me, i haven't read the post yet
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by PerfumeRepublik: 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
Stll, Let's be watchful and alert

1 Like

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by kilokeys(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
Elantracey:
Yea right , it was only free of major crimes .
yes o... minor crimes were overlooked.

those who stole some fried chicken, put in pocket and ran to room

those who dey form mr and mrs knackson without marriage certificate

those spacebookers and derailers.. chai

and u esp. for not calling on my bday.
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by bright007(f): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by atikubaba(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
Crime free? I doubt it.A colleague of mine was shot and killed on Tuesday at a filling Station during a robbery incident.
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by Princelychidi: 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nice 1

1 Like

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by Rapsainot(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
Crime free i hear
Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by asodeboyede(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
When All Efforts Seem Futile....
Why Don't You Try God?
He's Waiting.....
Come unto me all ye that labours and are heavily laden I will give you rest!

2 Likes

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by taharqa: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
Some people (they know themselves) are angry with this good news cheesy

1 Like

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by colossus2: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
shakaZuIlu:
Gej till 2019

Say no to a terrorist
Buhari is a terrorist Apc is BOKOHARAM
Gej till 2019

Bros you need to go for check up oh. You and temitemi1.
Temitemi1 na to just dey dash people wen quote am "likes" cos of him silly comments.

2 Likes

Re: Inspector General Of Police Declares Christmas Crime-Free by huptin(m): 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
This is the most crime free Xmas in a long while in Nigeria......is it a sign of good things to come? I pray so.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court Affirms Ayogu Eze APC Guber Candidate For Enugu State / Palliatives: Oyebanji Meets Organised Labour / Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.