Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued (1217 Views)

Need My Rav4 Ecm(brain Box) Part Number / Can Brain Box Cause Gear Selection Problem? / Help! Brain Box Was Stolen And No Other Brain Box Seems To Work With The Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by kaybababa: 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
my toyota rav 4 02 model just developed timing chain problem which was giving to my mechanic to fix, to my surprised after fixing it, he called dat my car was not starting and he called a rewire and rewire told him is brain box issue and nothing was wrong with my car than timing chain in first place. he has collected money for brain box for the pass 7weeks until now the car is not working pls i need ur advise.
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by earthrealm(m): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2014
A TIMING CHAIN JOB, IF NOT DONE PROPERLY.THE CAR WONT BE ABLE TO START............the car was starting b4 you gave the mechanic for timing chain problem abi?.......start from there, ...unless he damaged ur brainbox while working on the timing chain [unlikely though]
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by kaybababa: 12:28am On Dec 27, 2014
@earthream thanks for ur information
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:50am On Dec 27, 2014
kaybababa:
my toyota rav 4 02 model just developed timing chain problem which was giving to my mechanic to fix, to my surprised after fixing it, he called dat my car was not starting and he called a rewire and rewire told him is brain box issue and nothing was wrong with my car than timing chain in first place. he has collected money for brain box for the pass 7weeks until now the car is not working pls i need ur advise.

Timing chain-ECU bross and u paid? U and ur mechanic should be flogged.

Meanwhile there are a few things that could have gone wrong.

1. He might have had the timing marks set at wrong positions, and the result would be damaged valves.

2. He might have tampered with the crank sensor wiring.
3. He might have fried ur ecm

4. He might have done all of the above grin

Personally I think you are being too soft on your mechanic, or possibly you have a lot of cars at your disposal.
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by pek(m): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2014
you try! The guy is laughing at you. as the above post show, you are been too soft. the worst thing is that you counted money and gave to him. if he did anything wrong with your car that made it not to start, you should taken drastic steps. even after seven weeks. haba. where is your location?
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by kaybababa: 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
@ GAZZUZ u are right with all ur comment, i was told by his friend dat the valves was damaged and when i checked on net what could damage valve i was told wrong timing setting, not dat am too cool i believe i came to dis world with nothing nd i am going back with nothing, av toll the car back to my compound pls what can i do to put the car back on the road. thanks
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by chillex8(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
Replace engine.
Save your self the
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
chillex8:
Replace engine.
Save your self the

Nepa take light? grin

OP you need a reassessment of your vehicle to know how badly damaged it is presently. If I were in your shoes ill to a compression test to find out how many cylinders were affected, also check the ecu to be sure its not fried.

It might be more cost effective to buy a whole head (top cylinder) than replace individual valves. Also replace the timing chain and tensioner/adjuster.

Good luck.
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by kaybababa: 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2015
pls house i need a good rewire
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
kaybababa:

dont tell me for the same engine that was wrongly timed and damaged the valves
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by mayor2013: 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
kaybababa:

Call this number 08165520837
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by kaybababa: 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
@ZIMDRILL it is ooooo aving ecu issued for now
Re: Toyota Rav02 Brain Box Issued by DECOtech(m): 2:36am On Jan 15, 2015
kaybababa:
@ZIMDRILL it is ooooo aving ecu issued for now

Chai!

Them go finish that car ooooooooohh!

(1) (Reply)

Keeping To Speed Limits. / Is This A Bus Or A Death Trap? Pics / See The Mitsubishi E-evolution Concept Car With AI Personal Assistant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.