Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

The Pain In Unforgiving - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Pain In Unforgiving (2012 Views)

Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / Ms. Karma, Nature's Unforgiving B*tch / The Pain Of Pleasure - A Must Read For Every Lady And Her Boyfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 26, 2014
This work is duly copyrighted

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"Madam, the test results are back" Dr. Smith said in a low tune
"Really? What is the problem with me doctor?" Mary asked with all enthusiasm
"Hmm... I'm sorry ma but your kidneys are in a really bad condition and you would need a transplant ma"

Mary thought for a moment with tears welling up in her eyes. She knew she could afford the transplant... "so why am I crying?" she asked herself
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 26, 2014
"excuse me ma'am" the Doctor said interrupting her thoughts

"Yes please...ehm I was asking, how much would it cost so we can start immediately"

Doctor Smith shook his head slowly in a pitiful pattern and said

"This is more than money ma'am, you need to find a close relative to donate"

Mary now bursted in tears because she knew she was doomed. The only close relative she knew was her sister, Togu.
She knew Togu would not accept, not after all that had happened between them.
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 26, 2014
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Mary, a 34-year old lady is a US based Nigerian writer. She moved to the US two years ago after she got married to her husband, Stephen Adewale, a US born and bred Nigerian.
They had met during a party in Lagos which happened when Stephen was within Nigeria.
Stephen is a lawyer based in New York and is a top-shot in his field. They've not had a child yet due to their agreement not to, influenced by their hectic schedules.
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 26, 2014
On her way home from the hospital, she was quiet in the car. The driver had to ask her what the problem was

"Shut up and keep driving" she retorted in anger while tears kept dripping from her eyes

"Yes ma'am" Johnson, the driver replied.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
6:00 pm was when Stephen arrived back from work.

"I'm sorry honey I'm late, the jam was bad" he apologized to Mary
" It's okay" she replied amidst tears.
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
She narrated all that went on at the hospital to Stephen amidst tears.

"It's alright honey" he comforted her as he held her in a close hug "we shall call your sister and everything would be alright, she cannot allow you die since you are her closest relative"

"Don't you understand?" she asked, "if it was that simple then I would have no reason to cry. She would not agree, not after all that has happened"

"honey, is there anything you have not told me?"

"A lot dear" she replied, " a lot".
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
Hmm... Bebenlo
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by stonecoldcafe: 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
Coughs!! Continueeeeeeeeeeeeeeee o!
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
Togu and Mary grew up in Lekki, Lagos to rich parents Mr. and Mrs. Felix Ayobami. They grew up in quite lavish home getting all they needed/wanted. However, the ldr, Togu was never comfortable.

For some reason unknown to both sisters, Togu was being maltreated and Mary treated with high respect. Togu was made to do all the housework while Mary simply sat and did nothing. They beat Togu so hard yet attacked anyone who dared to even beat Mary.

Togu was not happy but Mary was enjoying the attention
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
Divepen:
Hmm... Bebenlo

Welcome Oga TUGRIL...I was an introvert on your thread ( as I am to all threads) nice story.... I stopped at page 18 where people were doubting the power of Miracle.

any new updates?
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
Timzy234:

Welcome Oga TUGRIL...I was an introvert on your thread ( as I am to all threads) nice story.... I stopped at page 18 where people were doubting the power of Miracle.

any new updates?
So, Mary was a spoilt brat.. I sure say na sugar unjure am...but this your updates are short ooo...
The last update was just 5066 letters, that is with space and punctuations..
As For TUGRIL, we have gone to page 20; in fact, they've come out of the Underground sef...
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
Divepen:

So, Mary was a spoilt brat.. I sure say na sugar unjure am...but this your updates are short ooo...
The last update was just 5066 letters, that is with space and punctuations..
As For TUGRIL, we have gone to page 20; in fact, they've come out of the Underground sef...

The phone I use limits the characters.
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Cybershow(m): 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
I dae gbadun u..bt ur post r short
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 27, 2014
Timzy234:

The phone I use limits the characters.
okay...we are still here
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 27, 2014
"Not now dear" she told Stephen
"Then when?" he angrily retorted "do you know the urgency required? In fact, I'm going to call your sister"
"No, please" she pleaded "I'll tell you now"
"I'm all ears" he replied.
||||||||||||||||||||

It was twelve years ago, Mary just graduated from the university and was dating a young medical graduate, Daniel Okeke. He was handsome, charming and was from a humble background. He was in Victoria University, Lagos on scholarship as his parent could not afford.

1 Like

Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 27, 2014
Students had wondered what had attracted Daniel to Mary as she was rude to everyone. However, they assumed that she would be kind to him since they were dating but reverse was the case, she reminded him always that of his background especially when she bought him a gift or paid the bills after a date.
She really loved him but was ill-mannered to him because she lacked adequate training on ettiquete back at home as her parents usually 'pampered' her and never bothered correcting her.
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 27, 2014
Cybershow:
I dae gbadun u..bt ur post r short

Sorry boss. My phone na JAVA (we still dey hustle) so e get limit wey I fit type stop
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 27, 2014
And yes, their relationship (Mary and Daniel) started back in her first year when he was in 3rd year.

Mary, was 22 when she graduated with a 2:1 in B.A Literature while Togu who was 24 was only allowed to do a Diploma in Secretarial Studies which she enrolled for in Taraba State Polytechnic in Northern Nigeria.

When Mary came back after her graduation, she was posted to Abuja due to her father's influence

"where did they post you to?" she asked Daniel
"Taraba" he replied with all sadness
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 27, 2014
Shey mey I say God catch am small
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Cybershow(m): 9:06am On Dec 27, 2014
Timzy234:

Sorry boss. My phone na JAVA (we still dey hustle) so e get limit wey I fit type stop
K..No p den
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2014
While at their seperate camps, they had good comunication through letters all was going well until...

A letter came to her, she smiled because she knew who it was from, her love, Daniel. After reading it, she felt like the world would come crashing down on her. In the letter, he told her that he was grateful was everything that she had given to him but he had found a new love.

What puzzled her more was that how could he had found love in Taraba of all places?

cc DivePen LogoDwhiz
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 27, 2014
Still followin
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Cybershow(m): 9:48am On Dec 27, 2014
We r stil ffg
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
In the letter, Daniel had bared out his mind about why he was calling off the relationship; all her rudeness and how she made him inferior to her always.
She wrote him telling him that she was ready to change and treat him right but he refused. She made up her mind to deal with him.
Six months later, Togu graduated finished her diploma and was set to return home. She informed her parents that she was dating someone and they had said they want to meet the young man.
Mary was on her way home too.
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
Mary arrived home five hours before Togu as she had taken a flight from Abuja to Lagos.The next day when they were both at home, Togu talked at length about her boyfriend to an uninterested Mary. Mary never talked about her boyfriend to anyone at home.
Togu's man was due to arrive Lagos the next week and she was excited. Mary was also anxious to see who was dating her sister; more out of jealousy than curiousity.
One week later, someone knocked the door.

Mary opened the door and her jaws dropped
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
It was Daniel at the door...

" I knew you would come back for me" she told him amidst tears

"Am I at the right place?" he asked her with an expression of shock on his face

"Yes of course" she responded "you came to see me so that everything would be back to normal"

"No, I am the wrong place" he said with confidence this time.

Just then Togu came to the door and without knowing the discussion that had happened between the two, she hugged Daniel

"my love, welcome, meet Mary, my sister"
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Cybershow(m): 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
I tink mary wil b mad wit togu..bt daniel wil nt luk at ha syd again
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 28, 2014
Mary kept shaking her head and muttering "no, no,no"

Togu immediately understood what was going on and then she asked Daniel

"Is she the lady you told me you were dating?" . Daniel replied with with a nod and the expression on his face was one of shock.

Suddenly, Mary gave Togu a slap

"What was that for?" Togu angrily asked

"For stealing my man, you devil" Mary replied

"I did no such thing, you chased him with your unruly character, you spoilt brat"
"We shall see" Mary replied and left.
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by lenmafon: 11:20am On Dec 28, 2014
@Timzy234, pls come and continue na. now the story don de sweet me, u no wan come update fa, diris God o! angry
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
lenmafon:
@Timzy234, pls come and continue na. now the story don de sweet me, u no wan come update fa, diris God o! angry

Sorry o sister mi....

*typing with Godspeed*
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
Togu knew that Mary would surely plan something evil so she went and begged her to please allow them date.

"So you stole my man and you want me to forgive you? Leave him alone and I'll forgive you" Mary insisted

Togu refused to accept Mary's term and she braced up for the challenge ahead although she never expected what was coming.

Two weeks later, Mrs. Felix Abayomi called the girls.

"Who among you took my golden watch"

They both shook their heads.
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
Mrs. (Jane) Felix searched both of their rooms and after an hour-long search, found her golden watch.

" Togu, why did you hide my watch in your box?"

"Ma, I did not take it, I swear ma, believe me" Togu begged amidst tears

"Come to my room" Mrs. Felix said

"You bastard, I knew it would be you, thief, ole" Mrs. Felix said as she pounced on Togu with heavy slaps, punches and kicks

After the beating session, Mary saw Togu and asked

"Would you leave him alone or not"

"Devil!
Re: The Pain In Unforgiving by lenmafon: 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
thanks 4 the update but e too short o! is it mrs jane's watch or neckless? and why the mother's hatred 4 the first girl?

(1) (2) (Reply)

[story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 9 / Oriki Ogbómoṣọ́ Translated. Did I Try? (oríkì Ogbómoṣọ́) / Camouflage: The Best Of Contemporary Writing From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.