Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Sorry States Of Lagos Island - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry States Of Lagos Island (40860 Views)

Buhari 'Not Sorry' For 1983 Coup: Does Corruption Justify Military Action? / Molue Banned From Lagos Island / Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by tellwisdom: 10:23am On Dec 26, 2014
Poor gurl...Go and make money and live in a better place....No wonder una dey get lumps for yansh, due to bad air
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by funkiebully: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2014
Waiting for some bastards to come n tell us the op is igbo, I wan puke.

Local govt can't even clear blocked drainage. Tufia.

9 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by IAMGEJ(m): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2014
Bigger plan dan what?
neily:
Fashola is definitely working in Lagos state. The picture speaks. That Was actually his target for Nigeria If he becomes vice president. Buhari has bigger plans than this. That is why they belong to the same group.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 26, 2014
Fashola is working. Lagos is a mega city. vote APC for CHANGE. This is how Nigeria will look like when you vote APC.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 26, 2014
Mynd44:
Wetin you find go island when Maryland, Yaba and Surulere dey?

help me ask am
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Arsenate(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2014
only a few percentage of Lagosians are living any where a decent life. the bulk of lagosians probably have the worst standard of living in the country.
I've got to say this; Lagos is easily the most over hyped and overrated city in the world.

16 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 26, 2014
walexGodson:
@op ur village fine pass dis place?una go jst post tinz anyhow

What are you talking about? ...why compare a village to a supposedly city in Lagos? Also know my village and thousands of villages in Nigeria are not this dirty please

12 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:
I am not a politician nor trying to promote any party
But lagos island is in a MESS

I came here for holidays and mehn, words can't simply express it

I was told this has been on for over 6months, ppeople dying and crying for help but non forthcoming
That water stinks

I am so angry, that I had to step out to take pictures

mek we do wetin?
Say people dying and crying for help..
Take this to d back of the page
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Dbboy(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2014
fcukseun:

You are a crook, you ant to compare Lagos to Aba?

Are you high? Yoruba land to Igbo land?

Can you compare gold to copper? Abegi!

pikin that have not tasted other people food would believe his mums food is the best. Boy travel and experience the world it gives you a better judgement.

9 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Newkidoo(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2014
Good to be back..

No politician is a saint!!! But am very sure Fashola has tried but not to his best...

Jonathan is worse when compared to this man Fashola...

But that place need serious attention asap.. Fashola pls do something.. It has not being easy but I trust you..

Sai buhari 2015
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by 1stola: 10:29am On Dec 26, 2014
tit:
is this aba?
Tinubu, Eko oti b'aje ooo!
Remove that useless jagbjanstic boy fashola you put to spoil your good work in lagos.
fashola is a failure,
that is why APC reject him as VP candidate!
Hopeless tout.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 26, 2014
egbami! is this Eko. Fashola is working. Lagos a Mega city. Vote APC for more of this. It is change we need.

11 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by nora544: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2014
What I see is garbage on the streets and this is that the goverment have to educate the people, that they should not drink and when the bottle is empty to trash it on the streets.

The goverment can make all new but when the people don't stop to put their trash on the streets it will look dirty after some weeks.

The money is in the streets do you know how much money the goverment could make from the garbage, i feel nigerians didnot know about recycling, and this could create jobs, many jobs.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2014
Is this the same lagos many kill themselves over the ownership? When the fine areas are shown, it's no man's land, when ugly parts are shown, it's APC, and southwest's headache. grin.

@ topic Very disgusting pictures. Even animals should not live in this condition not to talk of human beings. They even have their survival boots, they have adapted to the messy environment embarassed. Both the government and residents are pigs, abi na government litter the area too?

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Solobenny(m): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2014
Mynd44:
Wetin you find go island when Maryland, Yaba and Surulere dey?
I pity ur pathetic sense of reasoning.. Must you always go to Maryland.. so the people in Island are to suffer abi #OkpoLagos

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by M4gunners: 10:35am On Dec 26, 2014
sexyseun:
In as much as i hate commenting on politics section due to sentiments, i must say that we nigerians are practically dirty. Take a look at those pictures once again, you can see that the gutter is littered with refuse, Is the gutter a refuse dump? I was passing by one day and i saw some women throwing bags of dirts inside the gutter, one of them even had to force the dirts right inside the gutter, with all these dont you know the gutter wont flow and hereby dirty water will litter all over the roads and in no time the road will wear off?
When i was young my daddy said buhari and tunde idiagbon instilled discipline to we nigerians, they made us inculcate the habit of queuing, also environmental sanitation was a MUST not to forget quickly their WAI(War Against Indiscipline) programme. We need someone like Buhari who will make us all sit down tight
I was just reading your comment to know were you are driving to, until i see someone like Buhari. And you started with you don't comment because of sentiments. Change your way Sister. You just see pure poor government of Fashola all you can come out with is dis poo . Maybe GEJ is to blame for this that is why you are telling us what your dad told you when you were kid.

14 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ogaofficer(m): 10:36am On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:

I was told this has been on for over 6months, ppeople dying and crying for help but non forthcoming
That water stinks

madam i will be glad if you can visit the state capital alausa in ikeja, slums and ghetto every where. Bt that dosent stop me from voting 4 buhari.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by funkiebully: 10:39am On Dec 26, 2014
Jimi Agbaje for change, Agbaje come n save us from tifnubu and fashole looteocracy n deception.

Eko oti baje since the time of tifnubu d emperor n Lagos money conduit pipe

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Dannylux: 10:39am On Dec 26, 2014
The Almighty Lagos abi? The pride of APC.. Here we are.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by greggng: 10:40am On Dec 26, 2014
that is the price they ve to pay for voting pdp. having voted pdp now they re crying that their place is bad. come and see how fashola has turned my place into lasvegas. The next election is coming they should better vote apc massively or they will suffer more .

3 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:

I actually expect these kinds of comments

I bet if u live here, u wld have died of cholera
Anuofia

Not even cholera this time around op, we should be talking about something deadlier. Like people are living there..

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by buoye1(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2014
Ambode ll come and make amends!

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by OLADD: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2014
dytbabe:

That water stinks

[color=#006600][/color]

That's the REAL Lagos. Some praise-singers were busy projecting false Lagos to nairalanders few weeks ago by posting pictures of skyscrapers in VI, Ikoyi and Broadstreet. Lagos has now become Centre of Propaganda courtesy APC.

11 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2014
Obiagelli:

You are very correct. If only there's a way they can shut down activities in the area to all serious reconstruction

Haba now!
Dem try reach half una d complain,u knw hw d matter for be if dem neva try anytin at all?
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Burshh: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2014
I live in Ijesha area of Lagos, and you need to see how bad roads and general infrastructures are there. When i visit Lekki and VI, i see improved infrastructural development. This keep putting to my mind if the LASG is for the Elites only.

10 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by rozayx5(m): 10:45am On Dec 26, 2014
gbara in lekki comes to mind

grin grin grin
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by tconfi: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2014
This is embarrassing

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by oduastates: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2014
maclatunji:

Hahaahahah, be objective. I know that many Lagos Island roads are under construction but there has to be better project management to avoid this ugly pictures that do the people and tbe government no good.

What makes you think OP is from outside Lagos?

There is no perfect person, system or government. Governor Fashola should step-up his hustle on these projects.

Budget 101

There is a difference between

1 i have N5000 in the bank to buy a wrist watch (Qatar)

2 I was hoping to be able to raise N5000 (from taxes )in the next year , to buy a watch. but my roof ha started leaking today. I will try to raise the money next year.

3 I am hoping to raise N5000 for my saving account ( do nothing)

Apart from number one who has endless supply of money , you are assuming from the theory of the expectation that everything goes on smoothly in a project.
E.g There is hardly a project in Lagos which does not go through litigation. People are always suing the government for the most mundane of things.
Ebola was not budgetted for . The Lagos state government took on the responsibilities of the federal government.
Do you know that the Lagos metro project is being held back by Jonathan's government envious politics and bad belle .the metro has to go through a corridor held by the federal government (not owned ,all land in Lagos are on lease)

Reality is a b*t*ch . Project management,PMP and prince 2 theory stops at the doors of reality . No project get done without money.
When funds are limited or when the hope of project being funded has a small window of opportunity, your theory goes out of the window.
Lagos is a poor state single handedly carrying the weight of a country.houses are being built and Streets are being created faster than the state can afford to pave old streets or repair damaged ones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Raid On Justice Odili's House: Search Warrant Used (Pictures) / Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja / Soldiers Storm Kogi To Stop Fulani Herdsmen Vs Farmers Clashes(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.