Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

What Next After A 3rd Class From University? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Next After A 3rd Class From University? (31907 Views)

How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? / Post Graduate In Geology Department For A 3rd Class Grad, University Of Ibadan / When Did You Know You'd Be Bagging A 3rd Class (or Pass) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by molisbanks: 10:17am On Dec 11, 2008
with all the vacancy ads in the dailies seeking second class upper and lower degree graduates, what should graduates with 3rd class degrees really do? (let's not talk about pass graduates today)
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by MrCrackles(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2008
Prepare for the worse! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by molisbanks: 10:28am On Dec 11, 2008
@ Mr crackles who says the worse cnt com wit ur 1st class?
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Emad(f): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2008
well u join the Labour market! grin grin grin

i wonder what causes a person to have a 3rd class! buhahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Hesperus(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2008
Men, guy, I wont lie to you, its gon be haaaaarrd!!! 1st and 2nd class graduates full ground, some have still not hit it yet. Talkless of a 3rd clas grad. But if you have some rlly strong connections, u may still be lucky so keep your head up!
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by molisbanks: 7:46am On Dec 12, 2008
Just sampling opinions, but the truth is that its not the best thing that can happen to anyone.But it sure does awaken that great man inside you and what can be greater? Fellows if you've got any third class grad friends,please make them realise that hope just arrived, we all need more than jobs.Don't we?

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by spikedcylinder: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2008
Go for your masters or something, equip yourself with certified courses.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Ben13: 10:58am On Dec 12, 2008
Emad:

well u join the Labour market! grin grin grin

i wonder what causes a person to have a 3rd class! buhahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by molisbanks: 11:03am On Dec 12, 2008
many reasons,
sickle cell anaemia SS, poor funding,having to shool n work,low IQ,poor university system to mention only few.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Emad(f): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2008
i know a lot of SS patients who got 2nd class uppers and first classes

God usually blesses those children with special gifts,
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by spikedcylinder: 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2008
Emad:

Pleases don't be ignorant. Anybody can have a third class for a number of reasons. It doesn't mean you are unintelligent or lazy. There are a number of reasons whey lots of people graduate with thirds. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by gamerod: 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2008
I wonder what grade Bill Gates has.

It is only people who went through the university but the university didnt go through them who only thinks what they become in life is a result of the piece of paper they hold after five or four years sitting in school.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by gamerod: 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2008
Emad:

what does this have to do with the topic?
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by gaddafi81(m): 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2008
game_rod:

I wonder what grade Bill Gates has.

It is only people who went through the university but the university didnt go through them who only thinks what they become in life is a result of the piece of paper they hold after five or four years sitting in school.
Stop deceiving yourself with this bill gates story!!!

@ Poster
If you're based in nigeria it will be extremely hard to get a job.
First thing you have to do is start doing professional courses e.g
if you're an accountant, go for ican or acca.
if you're into IT, go for courses you're comfortable with e.g msdba(database), mcse(system engineer)
if you're into business, go for the business analyst training and courses , then top it up with ITIL/PMP/Prince2

Goodluck!!!
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by gaddafi81(m): 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2008
molisbanks:

many reasons,
sickle cell anaemia SS, poor funding,having to shool n work,low IQ,poor university system to mention only few.

Wrong,Wrong,Wrong and Wrong!!!
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2008
what makes a person,is it the paper he possesses or what he has inside.
Soyinka had a thlird class degree and he won a nobel price.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by gaddafi81(m): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2008
ehie:

what makes a person,is it the paper he possesses or what he has inside.
Soyinka had a thlird class degree and he won a nobel price.
Can you people stop this, 3rd class is NOT ok. 95% of the reason is because the individual was playful in school. It is not ok in this competitive society we're in right now!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by spikedcylinder: 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2008
gaddafi81:

Can you people stop this, 3rd class is NOT ok. 95% of the reason is because the individual was playful in school. It is not ok in this competitive society we're in right now!!!

Of course its not ok.
Things happen, people make mistakes but please read clearly. The thread title states : What Next After A 3rd Class From University? I think thats what you should be addressing.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by gamerod: 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2008
gaddafi81:

Stop deceiving yourself with this bill gates story!!!

@ Poster
if you're into IT, go for courses you're comfortable with e.g msdba(database), mcse(system engineer)
if you're into business, go for the business analyst training and courses , then top it up with ITIL/PMP/Prince2

Goodluck!!!

Foolish thinking - does Bill Gates have two heads? and do people who make it in Nigeria with their 3rd Class without working with their certificate, do they have four heads?
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by gaddafi81(m): 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Of course its not ok.
Things happen, people make mistakes but please read clearly. The thread title states : What Next After A 3rd Class From University? I think thats what you should be addressing.
If you look at my first post on this thread you'll see i've already advised the poster.
By the way, third class degree holders are only accepted to masters program so far they've acquired enough professional experience subsequent to graduation.

game_rod:

Foolish thinking - does Bill Gates have two heads? and do people who make it in Nigeria with their 3rd Class without working with their certificate, do they have four heads?
Why is bill gates name the first name mentioned whenever anyone wants to quit school or Fails.
Bill was a lucky dude and he had somethin to fall back on because he's parents were rich.
Do you have any idea how many 1st class and Second class upper students are looking for a good job?
The ONLY way is either he's connected and can get a job quick or he does professional courses.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by geolabious(m): 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2008
gaddafi81:

Goodluck!!!
[size=13pt]I think he's right[/size]
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by spikedcylinder: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2008
gaddafi81:

If you look at my first post on this thread you'll see i've already advised the poster.
By the way, third class degree holders are only accepted to masters program so far they've acquired enough professional experience subsequent to graduation.

Some universities offer pre-masters programmes and other courses to help boost your GPA to the required GPA level. It is not only by taking professional courses.

@ game-rod, your argument is limp. The "Bill Gates is a drop out" story is seriously tired. Bill Gates is an extremely brilliant man despite dropping out of Havard. He definitely is NOT a 3rd class candidate or what do you think got him into HAVARD in the first place? The man scored 1590 out of 1600 in SAT and when reviewed, he has an IQ of 170!!!!
So please, stop using him to support your "third class" arguments. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by gaddafi81(m): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Some universities offer pre-masters programmes and other courses to help boost your GPA to the required GPA level. It is not only by taking professional courses.
Thanks for the info!!!
@ poster
Hope you taking notes
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by Emad(f): 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2008
game_rod:

what does this have to do with the topic?

i was answering somebody who said SS is one of the reasons for a 3rd class

spikedcylinder:

Pleases don't be ignorant. Anybody can have a third class for a number of reasons. It doesn't mean you are unintelligent or lazy. There are a number of reasons whey lots of people graduate with thirds. undecided

Please let us not in trying to sympathise make it seem as if SS dont usually do well, very few of them dont do well,
a person will not spend his time majoring in Life and Minoring and school and then turn around and blame his illness, and just for teh record i dont know
any SS child who got third class, like i said God has a way of protecing those ones
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by eleshin(m): 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2008
go get anoda jamb form,i'm sure you will avoid all those fabricated excuses next time,by the way experience they say is the best teacher.trust me you will come out with at least 2-1.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by chyk91(m): 2:05am On Dec 13, 2008
the next thing for a 3rd class graduate is to quietly do his/her masters programme. and pls enough of this bill gate talk, why is it that when some one fails the next thing you hear is bill gates, look bill gate dropped out from HAVARD, one of the best school in the world, he did not drop out cos he failed. so pls stop this bill gate talk, fact is yea a 3rd class graduate can discover himself like bill gates did, but in Nigeria how many 3rd class graduates have discovered thmselves? so abeg leave bill gates talk out of this.

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by stkris(m): 8:59am On Dec 13, 2008
concentrate on being a job creator rather than a job seeker; start your own business. its not as easy as it sounds, but

its d way to go. u don't need all the money in the world to start something -start small. believe in yourself n ur

potentials n maybe soon enough with great dedication, u'll be opportuned to have some of these condescending and

patronising pips on this thread come to seek jobs from you.  cool

1 Like

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by gamerod: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2008
you all sit down there looking for jobs with your first class certificates - swollen headed failures.
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by molisbanks: 7:53am On Dec 15, 2008
Guys you've been really helpful.pls b polite n less aggresive with the posts,the whole idea is to get every one's pt of view.It'd b a guide for 3rd class graduates now and 3rd class graduates to come.Who knows we just may be saving someone's life.loads of luv pple.kp dem coming!!!
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by temitopeo: 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2008
i think we all Should be matured in thinking and answering QUESTION(S), the thread question was WHAT NEXT AFTER A 3RD CLASS FROM THE UNIVERSITY??
Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by g7: 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2008
i came out of the university with a third class degree some years ago. i have no one to blame as the reason was simple that i spent one year at home not enjoying the course i was given to read. this was foolish as i was already in third year. so a whole session without any points. my late elder had to come in from england to get me to finish off the last year.

2 weeks ago i was appointed as executive director in the firm ive been with for 7 years. climbed a few of my colleagues that joined earlier, 1st class etc.

i say all this to say its not the class but you that matters. i diversified my skills. honed my presentation ablilities. i have never been asked of my grade in any interview i have ever attended. you cannot ask me cos it will be foolish with the confidence and deft engagement and conversational poise i had acquired.

finally, get a pgd if you can and improve youself all round. you can start with your confidence. you will need it.

6 Likes

Re: What Next After A 3rd Class From University? by molisbanks: 8:02am On Dec 18, 2008
Thanks g+ for your post.God bless u n continue to see u thru wit ur career.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back / Adamawa CP Honours Husseini Jidauna, The Dancing Traffic Police Officer / My Discovery About Private Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.