Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment (52095 Views)

Nigerians React To Obama’s Speech On Nigerian Elections / Exclusive: President Jonathan Gives Away Ine In Bayelsa | 1st Photos / Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by bishopclin(m): 11:28am On Dec 26, 2014
President Jonathan gives emotional speech on APC, Amaechi’s comment on parallel government

President Goodluck Jonathan has said Nigeria is not the personal estate of anybody but for the generality of Nigerians.

Speaking on Thursday during the Christmas service at the St Matthew’s Anglican Church, Maitama, Abuja, Jonathan said only the will of God shall prevail on the forthcoming general elections.

President Jonathan in a lengthy speech said: “It is a week to the end of the year. Next year, from January, we will see all political actors campaigning and from the middle of February to the end, we will have the elections at the various levels.”

“I believe we the politicians are not putting out the right utterances and I am very sure that those of you who mean well for this country are not happy with us.”

“As a politician, you want people to elect you, to perform a responsibility. If you mean well for the country, the country is nobody’s personal estate but you want to serve. If people want you to serve, you serve and if they say ‘no’, you leave,”

“Nigeria is nobody’s personal estate, Nigeria is nobody’s business enterprise, Nigeria is nobody’s father’s, property, it belongs to all Nigerians.

“I get embarrassed when we the politicians, maybe including me make provocative statements, statements that create division among Nigerians; statements that can set this country ablaze. I don’t think that is what a leader should do, I don’t think that is the kind of seed a leader should sow.

“Take those who take government by violence. Look at African countries and those who kill to take power, they never end well. Few cases though, probably in society where everybody goes the same way.

“If a politician wants to take power whether at the house of assembly level, at the House of Representatives or senate or governor or president, you don’t sow seed of discord and enmity because of course, it will consume you.

Read more at -
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/25/jonathan-gives-emotional-speech-apc-amaechis-comment-parallel-government/?utm_source=DailyPost+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2417a3a874-Morning_headlines&utm_term=0_7c25dc3ce6-2417a3a874-219972225

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:38am On Dec 26, 2014
The president of Ijaw nation has spoken.

151 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by spartoo: 11:40am On Dec 26, 2014
we go do am by GEJ

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 26, 2014
temitemi1:
Ameachi forgot that GOD is supreme, if he planed for a parallel govt n GOD doesn'tn I wonder what becomes of him then... If GOD is with us mr president, who can stand against us The answer is nobody!!! GEJ till 2019!!!
going by recent events, one can boldly say GOD has left the clueless one.

191 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by kestolove95(m): 11:44am On Dec 26, 2014
u've said it ur self Mr gej..."if d people u want to serv says no u leav"so pls gej leav..we don't want u again.

261 Likes 17 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by denko(m): 11:48am On Dec 26, 2014
nigeria belong to everybody, force gej out then we shall stop them brutally. population is not might.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Sylvarresta(m): 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
President of otuoke, so na now him no say naija no be anybody property, e de use billions eat, de buy private jets like car..... Well can't wait to vote him out

150 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by OGEmerald(m): 1:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
kestolove95:
u've said it ur self Mr gej..."if d people u want to serv says no u leav"so pls gej leav..we don't want u again.
You are stupid who made u mouth piece for every Nigerian? What is "we"? Say u don't want him and please don't speak for me next time.

262 Likes 19 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Eziachi: 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
bishopclin:

The above is a fiction of your imagination. How on earth would a Nigerian, based in Nigeria expect such an outcome? It is ridiculous. Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan is comfortably on ground in about 75% of the states in the country. This is no online fictitious result but from available information on ground in all the states. Nigerians know better. Nigerians know that Goodluck Jonathan is the best that has happened to us. Let us unite and vote in this humble, gentle, and silent achiever. GEJ till 2019!
Yours too is fiction. 75%? You are having a laugh.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Eziachi: 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
Austin4lif:
Mr president, those who are with you are more then those against u. The yorubas are against u becos the are betrayers. History have it that the betray ironsi,ojuckwu and Zik. They are slaves to the hausa's not north. The Hausa's want power by all means and they are using there former subjects to achieve that aim. Mr president, if election is done online by unregistered voters then Buhari will win but since Election will be conducted at the polling units with concern nigerians then we shall vote for u. We need change but nt Buhari.
Seconds later you will claim how he will win by landslide among the same Yoruba that hate him, does that make sense? You didn't even say: some Yoruba.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by LRNZH(m): 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
Austin4lif:
Mr president, those who are with you are more then those against u. The yorubas are against u becos the are betrayers. History have it that the betray ironsi,ojuckwu and Zik. They are slaves to the hausa's not north. The Hausa's want power by all means and they are using there former subjects to achieve that aim. Mr president, if election is done online by unregistered voters then Buhari will win but since Election will be conducted at the polling units with concern nigerians then we shall vote for u. We need change but nt Buhari.

After this epistle,
pls tell us how you will get this CHANGE if not through Buhari.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Eziachi: 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
bishopclin:

“Take those who take government by violence. Look at African countries and those who kill to take power, they never end well. Few cases though, probably in society where everybody goes the same way.
If you said so. Then tell me why IBB is still alive and kicking, living in a palatial mansion and flying private jets? And David Mark your Senate president.

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by yomalex(m): 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
Eziachi:
Hallucinations. No one gets even 90% in an election unless you are Saddam Hussein, running against yourself and counting your own vote.
But GEJ got over 90% in some states in the 2011 Elections

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
In ur word, 'evil doers don't end well'. My vote has no impact on ur reelection; so, enjoy!

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by backtosender: 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
i saw a video were wike was openly calling amaechi a mugu for APC it was very sad that a whole governor used his state funds on a terrorist party such as APC PLS SOMEBODY SHOULD POST THE VIDOE FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by LRNZH(m): 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
backtosender:
i saw a video were wike was openly calling amaechi a mugu for APC it was very sad that a whole governor used his state funds on a terrorist party such as APC PLS SOMEBODY SHOULD POST THE VIDOE FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE

Pls post this video because Wike sounded like a militant rather than a leader.

It was a disgrace. He was telling Evo people "If I don't start work on this Evo Road immediately I enter power don't stand by me again"
How do they stop standing by him when he is already in power?
What did Wike achieve in the ministry of Education? Shame because Amaechi is currently leading the best performing governor poll on Premium Rankings.

PDP claimed Amaechi spent N17Billion of Rivers on APC. But Wike claims it is N30Billion. Who should we believe in a house divided against itself? PDP

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Austin4lif: 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
LRNZH:

After this epistle,
pls tell us how you will get this CHANGE if not through Buhari.
Buhari is not the messiah we need.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by oluspencer(m): 3:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
Austin4lif:
Mr president, those who are with you are more then those against u. The yorubas are against u becos the are betrayers. History have it that the betrayed ironsi,ojuckwu and Zik. They are slaves to the hausa's. The Hausa's want power by all means and they are using there former subjects to achieve that aim. Mr president, if election is done online by unregistered voters then Buhari will win but since Election will be conducted at the polling units with concern nigerians ,then we shall vote for u. We need change but nt Buhari may somebody else.
Eziachi:

Yours too is fiction. 75%? You are having a laugh.

Hahaha..... The Yoruba will never follow self centred people who are against the unity of this county. Let me remind of u 1966 coup. It was succesful everywhere except eastern region because of you betrayers, you want yoruba to support ojukwu in breaking our beloved nations. And now the dumb ass jona that you're talking about was picked from the pit by a yoruba man. And if I make my research very well your sick head is making money in LAGOS. Yoruba's will never be part of your selfish plans.

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
Mr. President, your time is up. Nigerians are unanimous to kick you and your party out. Nobody is forming parallel government though, we are bringing down your party and her candidates through popular vote.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by LRNZH(m): 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
Austin4lif:
Buhari is not the messiah we need.

Who is?

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by hayoakins(m): 3:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
Story for the gods.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by nairalife2013(m): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
A letter from an agrieved uncle:

Gej,under yur govt i lost my benefactor sister and my bussiness folded up. i spent long dark nites and harsh days executing jobs. All i got were anti payment tales. These heavy loses crippled me and my family beyond words and no picture can depict what am going thro. I lost millions !millions!! My state govt who refused to pay me my entitlement is seen by my people to be one of the best governments the state has ever produced! I hated my state govnor but to my chagrin, two-thirds of my state population are fond of him! I do not blame my state gov over my predicaments anymore. While loosing, others are gaining. I must not grudge them these step by step blessing tho am unable to describe why my case is different. May be for now am just one of the few against the wind. That is life: my joy as a man with a liberal mind is that others are progressing. Even the messiah and the blessed prophet mohamed could not just save everyone all at once! Perhaps my time is in the future, and the future they say is greater than the past.
As it dawn on me over my state govnor, i hav a similar conviction now gej is not a desperate, pride-ego-filled ruler with a long throat and large eyes on wealth and a bitter heart bent on bringing the nation and its folks to thier knees but a slow and steady blessing to nigeria. Those who love nigeria and her people based on humane compassion know better. In a country long ravaged and battered and left in the mud for death, I will not rush to attain a promise of sudden recovery and quick wealth that soon may leave more chaos and worst animosity and division in its wake.I will be contented for now and thank God for life and move on with u to my better days.
God bless nigeria.

Come 2015
I will vote for u, gej.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by john6006: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
Election cancelled....after two days of voting....typical june 12 result......
watch out....
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Flets: 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
Even the enemies of Nigeria in their minds eye knows GEJ is a man of peace.

The current state of this tribalized country requires a peaceful soul. Buhari who is not even in office has violence, blood, dog, baboon, sharia etc littered all over his name.

Per chance buhari ever gets to asorock, Nigeria will be up in flames in less than 6months.

But thank God there is no vacancy in Asorock till 2019. Hopefully, APC would have changed their ways and find a man of peace to fly their flag.

26 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by LRNZH(m): 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
Flets:
Even the enemies of Nigeria in their minds eye knows GEJ is a man of peace.

Just like Shagari...clueless men of peace.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Comrade Adams Oshiomhole's WEDDING INVITATION!!! / States That Would Be Hot During This Governorship Elections - By Lalasticlala / Obasanjo Poses With Saraki After Their Secret Meeting Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.