Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? (21779 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Does God Already Know Those That Will Go To Hell? / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by gabazin080(m): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2014
i used to hear people say dis always. when something happened you see people say its GOD, that God knows about it. they say he already knows and has programmed everything that will happen to humans. if this is true then it means if I sin now he already knows I will. it means he already knows I will create this topic today. it also means am not @ fault for any sin I commit because he has already programmed my activities and know I will sin.
I asked my boss who happens to be a pastor dis question and his reply didn't answer my question. so nairalanders I want your views on this. is it true GOD has known everything that will happen to us

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Orunto: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2014
Once you are "Born Again", you are out of the destiny of evil. Your prayers should thenceforth be "lead us not into temptation and deliver us from evil."

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by gabazin080(m): 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
[quote author=Orunto post=29213948][/quote]lets look at the example of peter & judas.
christ knew and said peter wil deny him thrice before morning and it happened. so is peter to be blamed for that sin.
he told the disciple that one of them will sell him. and i believe he knows the person is judas. now that judas sold him, so is judas to be blamed for fulfilling the prophecy of jesus since he already knows and its been written.
cus if he didn't plan 4 urs 2 sin @ dis minute and we did, den it means we av spoiled his plans. and dat he doesn't know all dat will apun 2 us.

so i think we are destined to sin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by obiZEAL(m): 10:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
Thats how they were blaming Judas....

24 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 28, 2014
Are you referring to predestination ?

I don't know why I can't believe in that.

Recall that some names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world.

God choose Israel through Abraham amongst other nations. God used Israel to destroy this other nations not even with a thought of calling them to repentance. God command their killings ,taking of their wives even virgins and slaughtering of innocent kids.
Now It is just unreconcilable how God now cares for the gentiles and we are now fed up with the FAITH talks.

Are or were the gentiles (we) not predestined for destruction ? Is the new testament deceiving us or what ?
The God -s of the old testament and of the New testament don't correlate at all .

Now what was in that book of life from the World's foundation ?

If you think predestination is right ,you just think of a deliberate action and then say it is not your fault but the program you are running on ?

I guess this Christian Jargon should be kept aside.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by ThatNova(m): 7:40am On Dec 28, 2014
I use to wonder also.
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Orunto: 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
It is not easy to be "Born Again" but once you are, you become the Son Of God like Christ. Even though you are on earth, you are enjoying eternity, 'cos you can't sin easily again.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by gabazin080(m): 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
Orunto:
It is not easy to be "Born Again" but once you are, you become the Son Of God like Christ. Even though you are on earth, you are enjoying eternity, 'cos you can't sin easily again.
but this still doesn't answer my above question 4 u.
even terrorist and fake prophets everywhere should not be blamed because it has already been written that all this will happen in the endtime

25 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by malvisguy212: 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
gabazin080:
i used to hear people say dis always. when something happened you see people say its GOD, that God knows about it. they say he already knows and has programmed everything that will happen to humans. if this is true then it means if I sin now he already knows I will. it means he already knows I will create this topic today. it also means am not @ fault for any sin I commit because he has already programmed my activities and know I will sin.
I asked my boss who happens to be a pastor dis question and his reply didn't answer my question. so nairalanders I want your views on this. is it true GOD has known everything that will happen to us
you have freewill to love God or hate him, God will not interfere in your decision,God know Adam will eat the fruit, but God did not interfere, it's a choice, abandon your favourite sin or continue, God will only give you pastors to advice you.

13 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by gabazin080(m): 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2014
malvisguy212:
you have freewill to love God or hate him, God will not interfere in your decision,God know Adam will eat the fruit, but God did not interfere, it's a choice, abandon your favourite sin or continue, God will only give you pastors to advice you.
what's this one even saying. your words doesn't go with the topic

22 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by malvisguy212: 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
gabazin080:
what's this one even saying. your words doesn't go with the topic
you are not destined to sin ,why? Because,God will not interfere in your decision(freewill) to sin or not to sin.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by michaelwestern(m): 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2014
OP where did you get the notion that God has programmed all the activities of men from? Please that is not the christian doctrine, it's what muslims usually say whenever something happens to them.

God did not make us as robots that must do what He wants. You have the free will to make a choice to sin or not to sin. God bless you.

14 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by SuperSuave(m): 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
michaelwestern:
OP where did you get the notion that God has programmed all the activities of men from? Please that is not the christian doctrine, it's what muslims usually say whenever something happens to them.

God did not make us as robots that must do what He wants. You have the free will to make a choice to sin or not to sin. God bless you.
but theres a saying that "nothing can ever happen without Gods knowledge" and Jesus knew judas was the one to betray him :s

21 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by gabazin080(m): 4:40am On Dec 29, 2014
malvisguy212:
you are not destined to sin ,why? Because,God will not interfere in your decision(freewill) to sin or not to sin.
but dere is somewhere in d Bible dat says God knows everything nd can do anything. but ur words av contradicted that word of God

7 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by gabazin080(m): 4:43am On Dec 29, 2014
michaelwestern:

wat about d word in d Bible dat says nothing can happen without Gods knowledge. ur words av gone against it. u are saying nw dat he doesn't know wat will happen d next minute

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 29, 2014
The fact remains;There is no God. Humans are not that special to think a supposed "intelligent designer" has planned your life. That is never the case. Everything we do is governed by what excites us and our animal instinct. It is all about making a choice and see where it leads us.

8 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by michaelwestern(m): 5:28am On Dec 29, 2014
gabazin080:
wat about d word in d Bible dat says nothing can happen without Gods knowledge. ur words av gone against it. u are saying nw dat he doesn't know wat will happen d next minute

Knowing is clearly different from programming. God didn't program people as robots to do what he wants but He does know what will happen in the future.

Everybody has the free will to do what he/she wants, God only knows the future he doesn't necessarily controls it.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Ranchhoddas: 6:01am On Dec 29, 2014
michaelwestern:

Knowing is clearly different from programming. God didn't program people as robots to do what he wants but He does know what will happen in the future.

Everybody has the free will to do what he/she wants, God only knows the future he doesn't necessarily controls it.
but what God knows must happen right?
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by gabazin080(m): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2014
michaelwestern:

den if he knows and I later realise dat tin is wrong and i don't do it den it means av gone against his will and view of tins. den it means he doesn't c all

2 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by michaelwestern(m): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by gabazin080(m): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
ifeness:
The fact remains;There is no God. Humans are not that special to think a supposed "intelligent designer" has planned your life. That is never the case. Everything we do is governed by what excites us and our animal instinct. It is all about making a choice and see where it leads us.
I don't buy this your idea. I believe he exist but am just confused

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by gabazin080(m): 9:37am On Aug 02, 2015
Cc seun oam4j ishilove come do the needful
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by malvisguy212: 10:02am On Aug 02, 2015
gabazin080:
but dere is somewhere in d Bible dat says God knows everything nd can do anything. but ur words av contradicted that word of God
God pre-determined, not the IDENTITY of the saved,but the CHARACTER of the saved.

IDENTITY OR CHARACTER?
What is foreknown by God in these verses? Personal identity? Or Character, purpose & plan?

Romans 8:29-30, "For whom he
did foreknow, he also did
predestinate to be conformed
to the IMAGE of his Son, that he
might be the firstborn among
many brethren. Moreover whom
he did predestinate, them he
also called: and whom he called,
them he also justified: and
whom he justified, them he also
glorified."

1 Corinthians 2:7, "But we speak
the wisdom of God in a mystery,
even the hidden WISDOM, which
God ordained before the world
unto our glory:"

Remember, God is not a respecter of
persons (Acts 10:34; Romans 2:11-12;
1 Peter 1:17). And if God already predestinate our character, then the save need not to worry about the devil ,right? If the saved need not to worry about the devil , why did God say the saved need to beware? (1 Peter
5:cool.

Acts 4:28,
"For to do whatsoever thy hand and
thy counsel DETERMINED BEFORE to be done."

What was "DETERMINED BEFORE?" The death of Jesus! This death had been prophesied as a part of God's plan (Luke 22:21-22; Acts 2:22-23). The Jews did not
realize that they were fulfilling God's plan and He did not force them to kill His Son; they were accountable for their own actions.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Eddlad: 10:09am On Aug 02, 2015
gabazin080:

All through your post you refer to comments made by some individuals, why don't read and find out what the scriptures say about predestination.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by dolphinheart(m): 10:10am On Aug 02, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
but what God knows must happen right?

Wroooonng!

God knows all ur thoughts, ur heart condition, so he knows all the actions you might take.
God gave man the free will to decide which action you might take, but whichever action u take, he knows you can do it.
God uses such power to pre determine certain events so as to accomplish his will .

7 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Eddlad: 10:22am On Aug 02, 2015
gabazin080:
den if he knows and I later realise dat tin is wrong and i don't do it den it means av gone against his will and view of tins. den it means he doesn't c all

Let me play along( note I share a different view altogether, I need time before I can share)

Counterfeit logic.
You are saying what happens if you realise you are wrong and then do right, does that mean God doesn't see? Of course not, you fail to see that the he knew you would change your mind about doing the wrong and then do right.

1 Like

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by steve002(m): 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Gods ways is not ours! You can never predict his plan.

5 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Ranchhoddas: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
dolphinheart:

Wroooonng!

God knows all ur thoughts, ur heart condition, so he knows all the actions you might take.
God gave man the free will to decide which action you might take, but whichever action u take, he knows you can do it.
God uses such power to pre determine certain events so as to accomplish his will .
So God does not know the action a person would or would not take?

3 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by OgundeleT(m): 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
Since God know Adam will eat the apple and yet he continue to create them then who are we to blame for the problem we are facing in the world today? Are we now responsible to our sins?

5 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by OgundeleT(m): 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
michaelwestern:

That means God is not omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent?

2 Likes

Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by dolphinheart(m): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
So God does not know the action a person would or would not take?

Did you really read my post?
Re: Am I Destined To Sin As God Already Knows What I Will Do Next? by Ranchhoddas: 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
dolphinheart:

Did you really read my post?
does God know the exact option a person will take?Yes or no.Stop the hide and seek.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Supernatural Experiences You Will Have When You Genuinely Encounter God... / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? / Dr Olukoya Of Mfm Place Embargo On Wearing Of Trouser By Female To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.