Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Adverts Critics - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Adverts Critics (2440 Views)

Need Critics For My First Graphic Work (a flyer) / My New Design (african War Child) Oya Critics / Another New Stuff I Just Finished Today. Oya Critics Where Una Dey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adverts Critics by smartsoft(m): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2008
hello guys  can we critize some Ads ? have been seeing alot of ads that i want to critize at least so we don't make mistake when doing ours all for any other company  really does ads are not done by me but they are ads you see in the street of lagos every blessed day,  so if you agree just say "carry go" and i start first and if you have yours to critize too then you can do that as well  no know is perfect  but i think something must be done right in the way it ought to be
Re: Adverts Critics by sanctisam(m): 4:17pm On Jan 13, 2009
I'ld say NTA 9:00 news intro does not meet international standard. Why cant they employ the likes of sound city graphic guys or perharps d sylvabird
Re: Adverts Critics by smartsoft(m): 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2009
this issue is can they pay ?
Re: Adverts Critics by HC: 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2009
They can afford to pay, its just that they don't have people who are smart enough to conceptualized ideas.
Re: Adverts Critics by smartsoft(m): 8:55pm On Jan 15, 2009
if they can pay, i have guys who did stuff for nigezie and soundcity ooo ! or can they pay 300k for a tight mortion graphic?
Re: Adverts Critics by xothermik(m): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2009
are u kiddin me? nta cannot pay?
surely you guys are shittin me arent u. is there a nigerian federal government establishment that doesnt have money. mind u nta is a big player for the nigerian govt. this is the federal republic of nigeria not niger republic. theres always money loads of it. where do think your politicians get loaded from. inspite all the laundering and stealing of billions for decades, there's still loads more around. it only takes the puppet masters to see what benefit it will really be to them before they make it happen. do you know how much they even spent for some of their silly motion graphics for nta international and the rest. i know of a deal in the pipeline with nta to pay much more than that. it just depends on the dull old school people pullin the reigns of the body who rather just gobble a huge chunk of tha dough n get some mediocre cg artist to come up with a below par motion graphic. its the way government stuff rolls here. govt has many great plans like in tourism for instance. but once its awarded the person in charge is only concerned in cuttin corners to get a fatter wallet.those old people are bush men and women and dont really understand stuffn xcept to enrich themselvs. thats where soundcity beats them. its run by young minds who are in touch with the happeninigs of the global community who are concerned about their image and wanna make cool lookin things. until all these types gradually egress tha building. its not gonna improve as shud. but i mus say they are begining to wake up. right now they are gearin up to launch the nta multi chanel platform.(this a sweet tip for my cg family)they are already lacking good content for one sardined station so they are gonna need much more. loads more content in terms of programmes if they r gonna really succeed. so theres gonna be plenty opportunities for cg nuts to make some cool bucks if they can help wit that. so u guy get ur cerebrals churning grin
Re: Adverts Critics by sojioguns(m): 11:42am On Jan 16, 2009
As with the NTA channel idents and graphics, it takes more than some creative guy or agency to make those changes. As xothermik rightly pointed out, it is a Federal govt agency and it is crazy in there.
So really, it is a wrong start for criticism. Start with privately owned TV stations like Mitv and Galaxy. MBI is trying to step up their game and so is STV.
I remember several years ago when STV was barely a year old. I did a fantastic channel ident for them and was seen by the chairman and MD. They loved it but I didnt go as an individual. I went with an account director for a renowned ad agency and we packaged it as a solution and it turned them off. Obviously they were looking for one kid that they could ride and pay a few thousand bucks.

By the way smartsoft needs to specify if the "ad" he means in the thread topic is TV ad or print/outdoor ad.
Re: Adverts Critics by smartsoft(m): 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2009
TV especially
Re: Adverts Critics by onyx187(m): 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2009
this sure is a matter of urgency.not just the ads,take TV programmes for example AIT is private,owned by DAAR communications,they have no idea what proper TV programmes should look like.now they want to produce channels coupled with foreign CHANNELS called daarsat.Sheesh,ain't bashing naija,one love but i wont pay for rubbish
Re: Adverts Critics by JazzFreak(m): 7:40am On Jan 20, 2009
sojioguns:

MBI is trying to step up their game

Are they (MBI) still on air.
I'd not recevied the signals in ages. Kindly confirm.
I really thought they closed shop
Re: Adverts Critics by beecrofty(m): 11:18am On Jan 20, 2009
MBI is still very much on,

@topic
i dey tire for NTA oooooooo
Re: Adverts Critics by smartsoft(m): 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2009
MBI is trying, sha
Re: Adverts Critics by OmniPotens(m): 2:18am On Jan 21, 2009
One thing here is, if we continue to pressurize them on why the need to adopt better graphics (motion et al) for their station, it will ginger them up into wanting to. I think good marketing strategy that will always hit points like letting them know how good their counterparts are doing integrating these designs will made them quest for a change. All they will start questing for is "how much" and "how good". This is the point where designers need to sit up. Once there is not someone requiring any kinda "shit" in the name of payment, they'll certainly know how much the jobs we do for them are worth and will simply pay.

We should keep on trying by sending them proposals and surely, when they've gottenn much of them, they'll start responding and fine even.
Re: Adverts Critics by TEEZERO(m): 8:17am On Jan 21, 2009
Say, where are the ads being criticised?
And, er, what kind of English do we write here?
It's oh-so-appalling.
Re: Adverts Critics by Raymond88(m): 8:25am On Jan 21, 2009
TEE ZERO:

Say, where are the ads being criticised?
And, er, what kind of English do we write here?
It's oh-so-appalling.
LOL!!
Re: Adverts Critics by ayobase(m): 9:09am On Jan 21, 2009
ads critics,
where are they?

I get one ooo,

lipton ad!
Re: Adverts Critics by lechatnoir: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2009
I think they can pay. But I am not sure they are actually seeing its importance. I mean if you look at Ghainaian TV ads or even "Prime time" Intro they look terrible. It is suited for youtube at best .
Re: Adverts Critics by A2J(m): 7:25am On Jan 22, 2009
smartsoft:

MBI is trying,  sha

Theirs is "over-do", too much effects and all that, always piss me off when i watch their channel
Re: Adverts Critics by mailgarfix: 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2009
Hi guys am a new entrant into the forum and I like what you guys are doing keep it up guys!

On the topic I think we need to understand advertising and the purpose they serve to be able to criticise. NTA like you all know is Government owned and like one of the guys said may not be able to afford good TV Intro graphics because of the bureaucratic bottlenecks in Government ministries and parastatals anyway i don't want to dig deep into that but the answer is they can afford it but may prefer to go for a cheaper one.

In the criticism of service and product adverts on TV I still believe advertising in Nigeria is still very fertile only very few TV adverts targeted to very small audience will receive very few criticism the rest am afraid may not meet international standard.

I think i have to stop here just like i said in the beginning we need to understand advertising, the purpose and the target audience before we discuss this issue.
Re: Adverts Critics by smartsoft(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2009
As anyone seen Mouka Foam Advert ? humm the story line looks nice ooo
Re: Adverts Critics by sojioguns(m): 10:35am On Jan 23, 2009
@onyx187, Saying AIT has no idea what TV programmes should look like is not the best. Let's not forget that they do not produce al the programmes they air. The problem is in the hands of the independent producers, like me and you. Produce good shows and send tapes to their station. They will never reject it. These stations are looking for content and when they don't see they settle for the nearest alternative.

@OmniPotens, Good programming is way beyond fancy graphics and montages. I am tired of people with TV programme ideas coming to me telling me that they want the best montage and don't even have a synopsis for their programme. Take LOST for eg. The opening "montage" is just the title. CONTENT IS KING!!!!

@smartsoft, The Mouka Foam ad is a good one. That's what you get when you have young minds at work. Mouka Brand manager = Young guy, The agency Creative DIrector = Young guy, both friends of mine.
Re: Adverts Critics by smartsoft(m): 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2009
@ sojiwho are the agency involved ? i know is something you might not want to say but when you are online buzz me pls, lets relate,
Re: Adverts Critics by ayobase(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2009
what about this medium??
Re: Adverts Critics by sojioguns(m): 7:03pm On Jan 26, 2009
The agency is called Platform and they are in Dolphin estate. Any more questions.
Re: Adverts Critics by smartsoft(m): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2009
okay i know platform
Re: Adverts Critics by sanctisam(m): 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sojioguns U seem to be well involvd in the graphics world could U pls mail your phone number to shoksfriends@yahoo.com I'ld like to get some info.

To the guys that did the did Mouka Add. ''I dey hail ooo!!!''
Re: Adverts Critics by sojioguns(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2009
My number is 0803257442. I am not just into graphics. I run a production company and direct, produce, edit projects.
Re: Adverts Critics by ajayi1(m): 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2009
Na wa o Sojiguns. I feel you. But it been a while i enter this forum. You have most things in your hand.
Re: Adverts Critics by sanctisam(m): 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2009
Sojio pls check the no. again. I tried calling, couldnt get tru then realisd there was a missing no.

Guys! I hav a problem wit Naija adds. Most of them hav this 'STRAIGHT TO THE POINT' Theme wit little or no creativity.
It is something like this; HELLO NIGERIANS! THIS IS MY PRODUCT. COME BUY IT NOW!
A friend thinks creativity tends to lenghten the Add. thereby increasing the amount of money that wil B paid to the broadcasters.
So is it realy true that they cant pay or they dont want to pay simply becos they lack good orientation on why they need a good Add. & not just an Add.

I lov the way glo did their Maraton Add. Creativly introducing suspence at D intro was a good one.
Also Etisalat had me (and other Nigerians) 'UCHOOSE'ing on their site cos of the cool Add. they had featuring Banky.

**pardon my abrev.s**

(1) (Reply)

Order Your Cartoons Nd Logo / My Logo Design And ... / Who Knows About Autocad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.