Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. (6288 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by hero70(m): 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
Who do Jesus mean when he talked about the spirit of truth in John chapter 16 verse 7, which reads "I have many things to say unto youn but u cannot bear them now but when He the spirit of truth comes He shall guide u onto all truth,  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
He's the holy spirit

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by An2elect2(f): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
hero70:
Who do Jesus mean when he talked about the spirit of truth in John chapter 16 verse 7, which reads "I have many things to say unto youn but u cannot bear them now but when He the spirit of truth comes He shall guide u onto all truth,  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

His Spirit.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by tonybosses: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
The spirit of truth is d comforter and that is the "holy spirit"
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by hero70(m): 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
The spirit of truth is prophet Muhammad peace be upon Him. The bible says Jesus peace be upon Him will have to depart b4 the comforter shall come nd if He comes He will guide people to truth, am asking which new guidance did the holy spirit bring after Jesus christ.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by tonybosses: 1:14am On Dec 27, 2014
hero70:
The spirit of truth is prophet Muhammad peace be upon Him. The bible says Jesus peace be upon Him will have to depart b4 the comforter shall come nd if He comes He will guide people to truth, am asking which new guidance did the holy spirit bring after Jesus christ.

D holy spirit is d guidance.... mohammed was a serial rapist Wht kind of truth does a confuse poet knws?

When it was stated clearly in ur koran that if u dnt understand this book ask the christians

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by ezebrain: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2014
hero and tonybosses
Muhammed was neither the spirit of truth nor was he a rapist. Muhammed was a true prophet from God as do other prophets, one of his main mission was to proclaim the comming of the spirit of truth. But as always happened with all the truth bringers mankind turned his teachings into a religion after his depature thus distorted his message, dragging it down to their dirty cravings. It is unwise to criticize the person of muhammed simply because of what one reads from koran or by view of the behavior of the so called devoted muslims. If one thinks seriously about the cause of the differences in all the worlds main religions today he will stumble upon some difficulties until he will later come to the conclusion that God cannot be so ignorant to send different prophets with different teachings. It is true that each prophet teaches his people acording to their level of spiritual maturity, Nevertheless their teachings remained the same; "SUBMISION TO THE WILL OF GOD" that is, to observe the laws of God and live accordinly.

Moses, Zoroaster, Muhammed, Buddha, Lao tse and Jesus the son of God come from that one God who is the creator of the univers. It was only their followers who later childishly interfered in their true teachings by writing down what the truth bringers did not intend due to their petty human opinions. The same happened with the koran, the bible, the kabbalah and most other religious books, that is why any serious seeker hitherto yearning for truth should depend only on his inner guidance for the truth instead of books.

Jesus christ did not teach anybody that he come to die for their sins so as to give them licence to sin, neither did muhammed promised religious murderers some numbers of virgins in paradise, nor did buddha taught anybody of the concept of nirvana, they were all human fabrications. Therefor pray earnestly that you will be guided to the realization of the spirit of truth.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by tonybosses: 10:53am On May 25, 2015
I know the truth.... not by mere say but my divine revelation and personal experience

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by NumberOne2(m): 1:14pm On May 25, 2015
hero70:

Muhammad was a Spirit? And he had Wifes and Children? They must be Holy Children right?
So when he left, which Spirit did he leave behind? Spirit of Jihad and Terrorism? Please explain.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Rilwayne001: 1:36pm On May 25, 2015
NumberOne2:

Muhammad was a Spirit? And he had Wifes and Children? They must be Holy Children right?
So when he left, which Spirit did he leave behind? Spirit of Jihad and Terrorism? Please explain.

Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:..... When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

Please ponder on the embolded and the underlined part of the above verse(s) and tell me your observation(s)
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by NumberOne2(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:..... When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

Please ponder on the embolded and the underlined part of the above verse(s) and tell me your observation(s)

...because Jesus said HE? God is refered to as HE and so is the DEVIL, even angels and demons. Are the ALL Muhammed?
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Rilwayne001: 1:44pm On May 25, 2015
NumberOne2:

...because Jesus said HE? God is refered to as HE and so is the DEVIL, even angels and demons. Are the ALL Muhammed?

Re-read my post, I'm not just talking about the bolded, the underlined are not exempted…
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by enilove(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

.You are wrong .Your score is 0% .

To start with the bolded , are you saying the name of Muhammed was "he "?

Your problem is that you do not have spiritual understanding because you are a complete carnal man.
You are a spirit with a soul living in a physical body.
The angels ,the demons ,the devil etc are spirits with souls living in a spiritual bodies.

The fact that you cannot see spirits does not mean that they are not personalities like us. So they can be addressed as a " he ".

Let us take some Biblical examples where "he" was used for spirits.
Matthew 12:43-45 KJV
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. [44] Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. [45] Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Another example is this :
Luke 4:18 KJV
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

THE UNDERLINED

The 1st underlined reads "for if I do not go away the helper will not come " .
You feel or assumed the "helper "Jesus meant was Muhammed ?
Was muhammed able to help himself when he was given a poison ? talk less of helping others .
How would Muhammed that came about 600 yrs able to help the disciples of Jesus that had died b4 he came?

Let me show you the meaning of the underlined and where it specifically mentioned the Holy Spirit :

John 7:39 KJV
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given ; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
because Jesus was not yet glorified means he was still alive and not yet. crucified.

John 14:16-17, 26 KJV
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. [26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Did you not read the above ? These points below should have made u to know it was not Muhammed or a human being like us being referred to :

ABIDE WITH YOU FOREVER
THE WORLD SEETH HIM NOT
NEITHER KNOWETH HIM
HE DWELETH WITH YOU
SHALL BE IN YOU
THE COMFORTER WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST
WHATSOEVER THINGS I SAID UNTO YOU.

Is muhammed still living ?
When did the name of Muhammed change to Holy Spirit?
Is Muhammed living inside any person ?

The bible says:
1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

The bible gave account of when the promise of Jesus was fulfilling: WHEN THE HOLY GHOST CAME

Acts 2:1-6 KJV
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. [2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. [3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. [4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. [5] And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. [6] Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Finally ,is muhammed the Holy Spirit ?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by NumberOne2(m): 10:30pm On May 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Re-read my post, I'm not just talking about the bolded, the underlined are not exempted…

My religious Brother, dont allow your Imams confuse you. Jesus called him the Spirit of Truth. Is Muhammed as Spirit? Have you seen a spirit?
I see a lot of Muslims pedal this falsehood. Trying to integrate the Koran into the Bible. It is false. If you take time so study both Books like I have, you will see there is no connection and even if there is, they do NOT agree.

The bible says Jesus (Isa) is the Son of God. You say he was just a prophet. This is the begining of the confusion.
If you read the book of Acts in the bible especially Chapter 1 and 2 (they are not long). You will see how the Holy Spirit came. He is truely a Spirit as NO ONE has seen him. Surely Jesus did not talk of 2 Spirits.

It couldnt have been Muhammed. Muhammed was NOT a spirit.
Ask your Imam to explain how a Spirit of Truth can have wives and children?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Scholar8200(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2015
Besides, Christ's words as regards the Holy Spirit was in fulfilment of God's promise in the New Covenant given centuries before in Ezekiel 36:27 "And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them." (Ezekiel 36:27).

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by tonybosses: 12:53am On May 26, 2015
Rilwayne001:

The problem is you people believe that there is noway you can understand the koran that the only person that can is your imam...so what ever the drunk old man says is law!!!

My brother

Your koran say prophect mohammed is dead and jesus is still alive

In the koran prophet mohammed was mentioned in 4 place, Jesus in 25 places

Your koran say Jesus is word of God

Your koran says Jesus is spirit of God

Your koran says Jesus created a bird from clay, breath into it and it became a living bird it got life!!!

Your koran says Jesus cuured a. Man born blind and a man with leprosy and gave life to dead ppl

Your koran says Jesus is in heaven and he would come again!!

None of these was said of mohammed, infact he is dead!!!

Now what do you think?

Do you think mohammed was joking when he said "if you don't understand this book go and ask the christians"?

Sit down ponder about something, read your koran and try pick a bible and read as well...

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Rilwayne001: 6:01am On May 26, 2015
Scholar8200:
Besides, Christ's words as regards the Holy Spirit was in fulfilment of God's promise in the New Covenant given centuries before in Ezekiel 36:27 "And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them." (Ezekiel 36:27).

Is this holy spirit the 3rd member of the trinity?
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Anas09: 1:49pm On May 26, 2015
Rilwayne, Rilwayne, RIlwayne. How many times did I call u? My dear brother in humanity. Pls for once be rational. Ask sincere questions and try putting issues up on pedestal and scrutinize them, I mean, for yourself. Keep Imam aside. Try to understand this issues for urself.
Ask questions like the questions ask up there.
1). Is Mohammed a spirit? Because Jesus did not use ambiguity to talk, he clearly said the spirit of Truth is the Holy Ghost. And I know Muslims make jest of the Holy spirit and christians. U say, we believe in Ghosts.
2). How many of you can attest that Mohammed "the spirit" is living in them?
3). If the helper and the comforter Jesus meant, was Mohammed, that means Muslims believe that Jesus is the Son of God? Becos Jesus says he will go and then ask HIS FATHER to send another comforter.
4). If Mohammed is this helper and comforter, how's he helping and comforting the disciples of Christ, is it by branding them infidels and commanding his devotees to kill them everywhere they are found?.
Let me paraphrase that passage of the Bible. Jn 15 from verse 1 infact. Jesus admonishes his followers to abide in him to enable them be fruitful. He warned them that in doing His will, the world will hate them just like the world hates Him(Jesus). But that they shd not worry wen they face this persecution, bcause he will ask his father to send then Help and comfort through the holy spirit whom the world can't see, but the believers will see, because He will be with them and IN then(indwelling) everywhere I go, he goes.
So how has Mohammed helped and comforted the christians. Has Islam not turned out to be a major agent of persecution to the Christians and Jew? IF you are asked now why you hate a Jew so much, do u have an answer?
To many open lies in the koran. U Muslims believe Moses prophecied abt Mohammed. Jesus said, He was the one Moses spoke abt, Mohammed said he is the one Moses spoke about. I beg of you, how will a jew leave refering to a fellow jew as a brethren, but refered to an Arab? Knowing that the Israelites never refered to Lots children, Esau's children and even Ismael's children as Brethren. Ismael was never an Arab, he was a Copth.
Pls ask urself questions.
The first question I asked myself wen I listen to an Islamic Cleric preach about Angel Gabrial was, are there Two angel Gabrials? How can one angel Gabrial call Jesus Son of Gos, and then 600yrs later, the same angel changed his mind to say, Jesus is not the son of God but just a prophet? Ah. Something is wrong. One of those angels is an impostor. And since the Angel Gabrial of the Bible came first, I concluded that the Angel Gabrial of the koran lied. He was an angel of darkness pretending to be an angel of light. It happens everyday. Ask Eve.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Ovacoma: 7:19pm On May 26, 2015
hero70:
u just mentioned another name of the Spirit of Truth: The Comforter. THEN READ JOHN 14:26; BUT THE COMFORTER WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME, HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, AND BRING ALL THINGS TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE, WHATSOEVER I HAVE SAID UNTO YOU.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Ovacoma: 7:57pm On May 26, 2015
hero70:
please , where does Jesus mention 'new guidance' in the Bible?.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by ezebrain: 11:20pm On May 26, 2015
It does not depend in the hands of books(bible,koran. etc) written by ancient ignorant theorists, or in your hands, you remostrators, to decide who is or who will be the spirit of truth.

Did God asked for your opinion when creating this univers? How could you then imagine that this your childish squabbling or that of books will resolve a matter that rests in the omniscience of God.

Read my above post intuitively and you will learn.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by cosiocan(m): 11:45pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by udatso: 11:19am On May 27, 2015
NumberOne2:

My religious Brother, dont allow your Imams confuse you. Jesus called him the Spirit of Truth. Is Muhammed as Spirit? Have you seen a spirit?
I see a lot of Muslims pedal this falsehood. Trying to integrate the Koran into the Bible. It is false. If you take time so study both Books like I have, you will see there is no connection and even if there is, they do NOT agree.

The bible says Jesus (Isa) is the Son of God. You say he was just a prophet. This is the begining of the confusion.
If you read the book of Acts in the bible especially Chapter 1 and 2 (they are not long). You will see how the Holy Spirit came. He is truely a Spirit as NO ONE has seen him. Surely Jesus did not talk of 2 Spirits.

The bible has made us to understand that prophets are equally addressed as spirits

1 John 4:1
New International Version
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by NumberOne2(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2015
udatso:

The bible has made us to understand that prophets are equally addressed as spirits

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Please the Bible doesnt call Prophets Spirits. Stop misinterpretation. It is written in PLAIN ENGLISH.
That scripture means test the Spirit behind the Prophet.

It should have said:
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets spirits have gone out into the world.

So why use Prophet and Spirit together?

But lets assume your argument is true, so Imams and Pastors of today should also be called Spirits.
So we have, Spirit Chris Oyakhilome, Spirit E. Adeboye, Spirit Muhammed and Spirit Isa. How can I forget our own Vice President Elect, Spirit Osinbanjo. Oh Please!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by udatso: 11:35am On May 27, 2015
NumberOne2:

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world...........
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by udatso: 11:54am On May 27, 2015
NumberOne2:

Please the Bible doesnt call Prophets Spirits. Stop misinterpretation. It is written in PLAIN ENGLISH.
That scripture means test the Spirit behind the Prophet.

It should have said:
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets spirits have gone out into the world.

So why use Prophet and Spirit together?

But lets assume your argument is true, so Imams and Pastors of today should also be called Spirits.
So we have, Spirit Chris Oyakhilome, Spirit E. Adeboye, Spirit Muhammed and Spirit Isa. Oh Please!
My point exactly. If spirit means the spirit behind the prophet, and the prophet is been tested, then literally the spirit is being tested.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by NumberOne2(m): 12:12pm On May 27, 2015
udatso:

My point exactly. If spirit means the spirit behind the prophet, and the prophet is been tested, then literally the spirit is being tested.

Like I said, they are ENGLISH words.
Use a dictionary or google, first check the meaning of Spirit then check the meaning of Prophet. Then read the scripture again. It will be clearer to you.

PS: Muhammed is a Prophet not a Spirit. Dont get it twisted. Spirits dont marry.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Scholar8200(m): 12:37pm On May 27, 2015
Rather this establishes the fact that a prophet is made so by the enabling of either the Holy Spirit or the false spirit/spirit of the antichrist.1 John 4:3 "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh(thus accomplishing redemption by dying on the cross) is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." (1 John 4:3). . 2 Peter 1:21,"...holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by udatso: 1:59pm On May 27, 2015
NumberOne2:

I never disagreed

Use a dictionary or google, first check the meaning of Spirit then check the meaning of Prophet. Then read the scripture again. It will be clearer to you.
I dont have to. It's clear

PS: Muhammed is a Prophet not a Spirit. Dont get it twisted. Spirits dont marry.
No dispute here. It's just that your Bible says by testing a Prophet you are testing the spirit.
You don't need to be wise to get this simple explanation
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by eshbeewanna: 3:39pm On May 27, 2015
NumberOne2:

The Holy Ghost was already with them:

We read "if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." The comforter can not be the Holy Ghost because the Holy Ghost (according to the Bible) was "with" them already (and even quite active) long before the coming of Jesus (peace be upon him) himself and then throughout his ministry. Read for example.

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

1 Samuel 10:10 "And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them."

1 Samuel 11:6 "And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly."

"Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?" (Isaiah 63:11)

"For he (John the Baptist) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." (Luke 1:15)

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee." (Luke 1:35)

"And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost" (Luke 1:41)

"And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying," (Luke 1:67)

"And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him." (Luke 2:25)

"And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost (Simeon), that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ." (Luke 2:26)

"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him (Jesus), and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." (Luke 3:22)

"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." (John 20:21-22)

Did they or did they not already receive the Holy Ghost? Was Jesus (peace be upon him) not still with them when they received the Holy Ghost? Was the Holy Ghost not with Simeon, Mary, Elisabeth and Zacharias before the birth of Jesus (peace be upon him)? Was the Holy Ghost not with Moses (peace be upon him) when he parted the seas? There are many more similar verses to be found in the Bible. In the above verses, we are told that if Jesus (peace be upon him) does not depart then the "parakletos" will not come. Thus, the "Holy Ghost" cannot be the one originally intended since it was already with them. The contradiction is quite obvious.

The Human Prophet

A "Spirit" in the New Testament is a human Prophet.   Therefore, Jesus had predicted the comming of a human Prophet (spirit) after him and not the Holy Spirit.  Jesus would not have used the word "he" for the Holy Spirit.  He would have used "it" instead in John 14:26 above.   Read 1 John 4:1-3 below:
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world," (1 John 4:1-3)

(also see 1 John 4:6), or an inspired human, for example read 1 Corinthians 2:10, 2 Thessalonians 2:2, ...etc.

There had been many cases of deliberate modification of the Biblical text by members of the Christian clergy themselves, as well as deliberate large scale projects to "correct" the Bible, and the writings of "the early fathers," (such as the deliberate insertion of the verse of 1 John 5:7 which is now universally discarded) It is, therefore, possible that either:

1) The word "Holy" could have been dropped by a careless copyist., or

2) Someone could have inserted the word "Holy" to convey his personal understanding of the text.

Which was it? In order to arrive at the answer we must follow the same path of detective work the Biblical scholars themselves do. We must study the characteristics of the "Paraclete" and compare them to both the "Holy Spirit" and to a "Spirit." Muslims believe that Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the one intended and not the Holy Ghost. In the Christian's own "Gospel of Barnabas" Muhammad is mentioned by name here. The Trinitarian church, however, has done its utmost to obliterate all existing copies of "The Gospel of Barnabas," and to hide it from the masses or to label it a forgery. For this reason, it becomes necessary to show that even the Gospels adopted by Paul's church also originally spoke of Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by NumberOne2(m): 4:54pm On May 27, 2015
eshbeewanna:

The Holy Ghost was already with them:

We read "if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." The comforter can not be the Holy Ghost because the Holy Ghost (according to the Bible) was "with" them already (and even quite active) long before the coming of Jesus (peace be upon him) himself and then throughout his ministry. Read for example.

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

1 Samuel 10:10 "And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them."

1 Samuel 11:6 "And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly."

"Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?" (Isaiah 63:11)

"For he (John the Baptist) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." (Luke 1:15)

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee." (Luke 1:35)

"And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost" (Luke 1:41)

"And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying," (Luke 1:67)

"And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him." (Luke 2:25)

"And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost (Simeon), that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ." (Luke 2:26)

"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him (Jesus), and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." (Luke 3:22)

"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." (John 20:21-22)

Did they or did they not already receive the Holy Ghost? Was Jesus (peace be upon him) not still with them when they received the Holy Ghost? Was the Holy Ghost not with Simeon, Mary, Elisabeth and Zacharias before the birth of Jesus (peace be upon him)? Was the Holy Ghost not with Moses (peace be upon him) when he parted the seas? There are many more similar verses to be found in the Bible. In the above verses, we are told that if Jesus (peace be upon him) does not depart then the "parakletos" will not come. Thus, the "Holy Ghost" cannot be the one originally intended since it was already with them. The contradiction is quite obvious.

The Human Prophet

A "Spirit" in the New Testament is a human Prophet.   Therefore, Jesus had predicted the comming of a human Prophet (spirit) after him and not the Holy Spirit.  Jesus would not have used the word "he" for the Holy Spirit.  He would have used "it" instead in John 14:26 above.   Read 1 John 4:1-3 below:
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world," (1 John 4:1-3)

(also see 1 John 4:6), or an inspired human, for example read 1 Corinthians 2:10, 2 Thessalonians 2:2, ...etc.

There had been many cases of deliberate modification of the Biblical text by members of the Christian clergy themselves, as well as deliberate large scale projects to "correct" the Bible, and the writings of "the early fathers," (such as the deliberate insertion of the verse of 1 John 5:7 which is now universally discarded) It is, therefore, possible that either:

1) The word "Holy" could have been dropped by a careless copyist., or

2) Someone could have inserted the word "Holy" to convey his personal understanding of the text.

Which was it? In order to arrive at the answer we must follow the same path of detective work the Biblical scholars themselves do. We must study the characteristics of the "Paraclete" and compare them to both the "Holy Spirit" and to a "Spirit." Muslims believe that Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the one intended and not the Holy Ghost. In the Christian's own "Gospel of Barnabas" Muhammad is mentioned by name here. The Trinitarian church, however, has done its utmost to obliterate all existing copies of "The Gospel of Barnabas," and to hide it from the masses or to label it a forgery. For this reason, it becomes necessary to show that even the Gospels adopted by Paul's church also originally spoke of Muhammad (peace be upon him).

... and after this long explaination did you not see Acts 2:1-4 or is that also in the "Gospel of Barnabas"?

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." - Acts 2:1 - 4

Read the entire Chapter and see how the Holy Spirit (not Muhammed) influenced the early Church greatly.

Finally, if you accuse the Bible of forgery how can we not say same of the Koran? Kindly work with the document you have as claims and counter claims of forgery will lead NO where as it CANNOT be authenticated at least not by either of us.

The question still remains, if Muhammed was a Spirit, how come he had wives and children? Guess he blew it there. He should have stayed single then MAYBE we would have believed him.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by NumberOne2(m): 5:00pm On May 27, 2015
udatso:

No dispute here. It's just that your Bible says by testing a Prophet you are testing the spirit.
You don't need to be wise to get this simple explanation

Oh, it is now MY Bible when it talks of testing Prophets but it is YOUR Muhammed when it talks of the Spirit of Truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grace Is Our Teacher, Not The Ten Commandments - Olamide Obire / Oh! Pastor Chris, It Is Not Your Fault! / Why Prayer Is Useless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.