Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give (992 Views)

Jenny... A Story Of True Love On Social Media / RUTH ABOKO KU - Love On Top (part 1) / Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give by chyviv(f): 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
Am not a good story writer, cos am still a learner. Pls correct me politely and encourage me. Thanks

Introduction
'Oh, roses-- how thoughtful.'
'I asked my housekeeper to get the room ready for you,' he told her. The romantic little gesture seemed suddenly very foolish and yet he was glad it had given her pleasure. 'If there's anything you need,jus come over and shout.'
She turned towards him, her beautiful eyes softened by the smile, and his fingers ached to free her hair from the ponytail and spread it over her shoulders. It would be like golden rain fanned over his pillow----- He yanked himself up short. No, Pascal. Not this one.
Re: LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give by chyviv(f): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
CHAPTER 1
The surgery was modern, purpose-built and a huge improvement on her last place of work. Instead of a tatty,litter-strew pavement and a door straight off the street, the path from the car park to the entrance led through a landscaped garden filled with carefully tended roses, and air was heavy with their scent.
In the distance,Bella could hear farm machinery---hay making? Probably not; she didn't even know that much about the country side, and yet here she was in Bana Market in South Africa, about to be interviewed for a part-time temporary job that she wasn't even sure she wanted.
She stifled a disbelieving laugh. She didn't really know what she was doing there at al--- except that she had no job now, and this would at least give her the chance to find out if she liked the country, by no means a foregone conclusion since she gad never done it before.
In fact her total contact with the country consisted a few picnics in the company of a townies who knew no more about it than she did!
She sighed and locked the car. Oh, well, she was here now; she might as wall have the interview.
The interior of the place was light, airy and filled with plants, a far cry from the last place with its dreary rooms and scuffed lino floors. Here, rich blue-grey carpet tiles covered the floor in the reception area, and the chairs looked comfortable, grouped around a big table stalked neatly with magazines. There were two women sitting in the waiting room both obviously pregnant and a toddler under a table chattering happily to a big yellow teapot. There was probably an ante-natal clinic goin on.
She went up to the glass hatch into the reception office and smiled at the pretty middle-aged receptionist. 'Hello. I'm Bella Tom-- I've got an interview at 3'O'clock with Dr Pascal
'Oh. Yes-- take a seat, would you? Dr Pascal will be back in a minute-- he's just had to go out on a call. He shouldn't be long. The nurse'll be free soon.
Re: LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
Following...
Please, I beg you to tag me whenever you've updated the story.... I'm pleading...
Re: LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give by stuff46(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
arrives
Re: LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give by chyviv(f): 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
Continuation
She went obediently and sat down, among the pregnant women and scattered toys, and pondered on her fate.
Could be worse, she thought as she eyed the child. South Africa had been, afterall. Tothing, but nothing could be worse than that-_ the incessant traffic, the noise, the smell--really, she thought, you'd imagine you'd get used to it after all these years, but no. Not her, at any rate. She still loated the noises, and for the traffic fumes.--
'Read.'
She blinked. The toddler pushed the book into her hand, climbed on to her lap and waited expectantly, hid grubby cherub's face turned up to hers. A familiar pang shot through her, but she ruthlessly ignored it.
'No, darling---
She turned to the mother. 'Its alright---really. I don't mind.'
Are you sure?
She nodded and the little boy pushed the book at her again. 'Read!
'Say please"'
'Peese.'
She dredged up a smile and opened the book. 'Once upon a time, there was a little boy called Richard---
'Me Richard.'
She looked at him. 'Are you? Isn't that funny, both of you called Richard.!'
He plopped his thumb in his mouth and nodded. Snuggling back down against her, and she turned back to the text again. She was barely started when a nurse appeared at her elbow.
'Miss Tom? I'm Juliet Raymond, the practise nurse. Would you like to come to my room and we can have a chat?'
Bella slid the reluctant Richard to the floor, handed him the book and followed her through the big double doors into the corridor outside the surgeries. 'Sorry Dr Pascal's still out--- he's usually very reliable, but things don't always go according to plan.
Bella nearly laughed. If things had gone according to plan,she wouldn't be here now. She smiled her understanding.
'Cup of tea?'
'Thank you, that would be lovely.'
'We may as well go in Gideon's office---he'll be back any time now, I expect him. Never mind,perhaps we can get started without him. Here, take a seat for a second, I've put the kettle on."
While she waited for Juliet to return, Bella looked round. You could tell a lot about a man from his office, she'd discovered,and Gideon Pascal was no exception.for one thing he didn't try and hide his family. She thought with a little twist of almosy forgotten pain.there were pictures on the desk--- a boy in his late teens,dark and good looking; a girl of about twelve with the same dark look and a little girl, only three or so with fluffy curls and brilliant brown eyes above a cherub's smile.
'Lovely kids.'
Bella jumped and turned . She had been miles away South Africa with Mark and the family he had denied.
'Yes---Yes, they are.'
She took the cup of tea and sat back in the chair, preparing to be grilled. It didn't happen. Juliet asked a few general questions, flicked through her application and smilled.
I can't think why you want to work here, but as far as I'm concerened, you re heaven-sent, she told Bella. Since Sandra left last week, I ve been rushed off my feet, and you re available now, aren't you?
Bella nodded. Yes, I am
Re: LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
Chyviv, welldone...
I pray Gideon Pascal marriage was not in trouble before her arrival because if it was in one, then she might become middle man- just thinking aloud...

And I think you forgot to quote the last conversations.
Re: LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give by chyviv(f): 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
All corrections are welcome. Pls drop your comments. Thanks

1 Like

Re: LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give by chyviv(f): 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
More update will come up so be patience.
Re: LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give by chyviv(f): 10:07am On Dec 27, 2014
Continuation
Good. That's brilliant. when Gideon comes in I'll tell him to rubber-stamp you. She laughed and stood up. Will yoi excuse me? I have a patient to attend to. Help yourself to more tea.
She went, pulling the door to behind her, and left Bella alone in the surgery. She didn't have more tea.

She heard his voice first, low,
Miss Tom? I do apologise
She stoop up. He was big. It wasn't just height, although he was certainly tall enough,
I'm sorry to keep you--- Gideon Pascal
Re: LOVE ON CALL--- Nothing Left To Give by stuff46(m): 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
The last typinq was it an update or an introduction to an update?
If not so, i think its to short to last a day

(1) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Repentant Hooker - Episode 2 / Amazing Novels You Have Read / Must Read: ENSLAVED SECURITYMAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.