Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy (26446 Views)

10 Hilarious Cliches Nigerian Men Often Use To Woo A Lady- By Tosyne2much / ~ladies: Reasons Why Your Guy Dumps You For Other Girls~ / Why I Would Never Woo An Imbe'cile Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
"Woo" in this context means walking up to a guy and asking him to be more than a friend to you. Like.... "Will you be my boyfriend?" undecided

Now, why shouldn't you do that? Read on:

1. It's a man's world. Let HIM do the "chyking."

2. His respect for you will decrease, even if it's just a LITTLE, trust me.

3. There's a 99.9% chance he'll turn you down.

4. If he doesn't turn you down, he won't take you seriously.

5. If he does turn you down, his friends will hear about it. Get ready to be labelled all sorts of names. smiley

6. His ego will feel bruised. He's a man. All men like to feel on top of every situation.

7. There are tons of guys who'd ask you out. Must you do that to yourself? smiley

8. If you send him signals and he doesn't pick up on the hints, HE'S NOT INTO YOU.

9. Ignore these feminists. You and a man don't share any equal rights. Pfft.

10. It's Biblically wrong. You doubt? ---Genesis 3:16

"Woo" him at your own risk.
cheesycheesycheesy

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Ilekeh(f): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
Third-world problem.

Third-world reasons.

54 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
I think ladies should woo whoever is woo-able.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by ronald4lif(m): 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
No they spoil market for guys jare, if you love him tell him no mind the op

36 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by ideology(m): 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
NLDERS forming smart with threads like reasons for this …
and types of that. …

Issorite

My own is don't be like Oprah, advising others but Remaining single

*****Modified ******
Seeing this post get over 40 likes in 24hrs even when it didn't really add something positive to the topic, prompted this repost.

There's nothing wrong in a lady expressing herself, she is 100% human like his male counterpart.

What is important is the guy's response.
If you feel the same way, that won't be a problem.
But Never say yes to her because you are afraid you will hurt her.
Maybe you like her but You are not ready, just explain your case, allow the friendship to blossom.
Avoid any form of intimacy, so She won't feel like you are taking advantage of her.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by nzeaji(m): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
OP. I respectfully disagree with you. If a girl loves a guy, there is no harm in letting him know.

13 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Mynd44: 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
Too much jollof and chicken

7 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Lucario007(m): 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
Such a pity.... The quantity of intelligent and reasonable females on nairaland are dwindling day by day. undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by SeverusSnape(m): 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
your second reason does not apply to me,Let me tell you, I've been wooed by four ladies so far (...sincerely speaking ), I agreed for one of them only, and for the other three I refused, The respect I had for them did not diminish; in fact, It skyrocketed. It takes a very courageous girl to do that, and I really respect them, Up till this moment, I'm still good friends with them.

34 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
No . 3 is very wrong , guys hardly turns ladies down except she not beautiful or not up to their taste , the main reason why I won't support a lady asking a guy out is because if he says yes it won't be out of love but just not to make her feel bad and most times he ends taking advantage of her , not in all cases though .

8 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Tallesty1(m): 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
Elantracey:
No . 3 is very wrong , guys hardly turns ladies down except she not beautiful or not up to their taste , the main reason why I won't support a lady asking a guy out is because if he says yes it won't be out of love but just not to make her feel bad and most times he ends taking advantage of her , not in all cases though .
#Laughing
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
Tallesty1:
#Laughing
Why are you laughing ?
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
Confused girl.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Crocz(m): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
Men shouldn't even say yes...my ex would keep reminding me of how she asked me first everytime we had a little disagreement...always telling me "it's not your fault na, shey I asked you first"

I hate that line angry

17 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Tallesty1(m): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
Elantracey:

Why are you laughing ?
lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by jmoore(m): 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
I like girls who got the courage to woo men. They know what they want.

9 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by seggzz(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
@op, can u tell an Indian woman or Ghanaian woman this? or tell a desperate Nigerian woman this? please let go for what she want jare

6 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
Tallesty1:
lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed

I don't understand you o
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
Crocz:
Men shouldn't even say yes...my ex would keep reminding me of how she asked me first everytime we had a little disagreement...always telling me "it's not your fault na, shey I asked you first"

I hate that line angry
grin grin grin grin
Sorry eh. cheesy
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by zoeee(f): 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
True!
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
What if a guy feels nothing for a lady? Some will agree and use it as an advantage .......
I don't think its safe to ask a guy out sha.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
SeverusSnape:
your second reason does not apply to me,Let me tell you, I've been wooed by four ladies so far (...sincerely speaking ), I agreed for one of them only, and for the other three I refused, The respect I had for them did not diminish; in fact, It skyrocketed. It takes a very courageous girl to do that, and I really respect them, Up till this moment, I'm still good friends with them.

Women are more emotional than men by nature.
You turning them down is something that could cost them years of therapy later in life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by dyadeleye(m): 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
My own definition of Genesis 3:16:

Answer: As God pronounces judgment on Eve for her part of the transgression in Eden, He says, “Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you” (Genesis 3:16). This verse causes some puzzlement. It would seem that a woman desiring her husband would be a good thing, and not a curse.

The Hebrew phrase in question does not include a verb and is literally translated “toward your husband your desire.” Since this judgment is predictive, the future tense verb “will be” is added for clarity: “Your desire will be for your husband.” The most basic and straightforward understanding of this verse is that woman and man would now have ongoing conflict. In contrast to the ideal conditions in the Garden of Eden and the harmony between Adam and Eve, their relationship, from that point on, would include a power struggle. The NLT translation makes it more evident: “You will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you.”

God is saying that Eve would desire to rule over her husband, but her husband would instead rule over her. Replacing the mutually interdependent relationship the Lord had created was a desire for one spouse to lead the other. Sin had wrought discord. The battle of the sexes had begun. Both man and woman would now seek the upper hand in marriage. The man who was to lovingly care for and nurture his wife would now seek to rule her, and the wife would desire to wrest control from her husband.

It is important to note that this judgment only states what will take place. God says that man and woman will live in conflict and their relationship will become problematic. The statement “he shall rule over you” is not a biblical command for men to dominate women.
#sippingMyOrijin#

6 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by okotv(m): 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
now I know....next

Nairaland is full of trash

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Marcelinho(m): 8:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
Elantracey:

lemme do the wooing now, u r beautiful will u b ma friend?
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
I have this urge to scream: SHUT UP!!! whenever I hear phrases like "its a man's world".

For the love of Christ, the world is as much of a woman's as it is for a man.

I definitely would dig a lady who would come and say: " hey dude I want to toast ya" as long as I find her attractive.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
dnt knw if its a problem,but i tend to find girls dat do dat less attractive dan dey were b4 dey did it,i alwaez try so hard 2 see dem same way as b4 but i still find dem less attractive.itz hapnd 2 moi 3rice.guess i prefer d thrill of da chase.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by LaurelP(m): 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
Its only when it favours u people you remember that its a man's world.
Women!

7 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
MzNelly:
"Woo" in this context means walking up to a guy and asking him to be more than a friend to you. Like.... "Will you be my boyfriend?" undecided

Now, why shouldn't you do that? Read on:

1. It's a man's world. Let HIM do the "chyking."

2. His respect for you will decrease, even if it's just a LITTLE, trust me.

3. There's a 99.9% chance he'll turn you down.

4. If he doesn't turn you down, he won't take you seriously.

5. If he does turn you down, his friends will hear about it. Get ready to be labelled all sorts of names. smiley

6. His ego will feel bruised. He's a man. All men like to feel on top of every situation.

7. There are tons of guys who'd ask you out. Must you do that to yourself? smiley

8. If you send him signals and he doesn't pick up on the hints, HE'S NOT INTO YOU.

9. Ignore these feminists. You and a man don't share any equal rights. Pfft.

10. It's Biblically wrong. You doubt? ---Genesis 3:16
AbEG learn from una western collegues cheesy
western ladies no see anything wrong in talking to a guy they fancy.Una 4 here una go just squeeze una face if a guy just say ordinary goodafteroon..na wah grin
"Woo" him at your own risk.
cheesycheesycheesy
AbEG learn from una western collegues cheesy
western ladies no see anything wrong in talking to a guy they fancy.Una 4 here una go just squeeze una face if a guy just say ordinary goodafteroon..na wah grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by SeverusSnape(m): 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
MzNelly:

Women are more emotional than men by nature.
You turning them down is something that could cost them years of therapy later in life.
Nah... It won't. They've moved on and are in relationships now.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
SeverusSnape:

They regret it and it's something they won't ever do again.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
SeverusSnape:

They regret it and it's something they won't ever do again.
jayRemi7:
dnt knw if its a problem,but i tend to find girls dat do dat less attractive dan dey were b4 dey did it,i alwaez try so hard 2 see dem same way as b4 but i still find dem less attractive.itz hapnd 2 moi 3rice.guess i prefer d thrill of da chase.

My point exactly!!! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Doctor Narrates His Encounter With A Lady And Her Abusive Boyfriend / 15 Ways To Drive Men Wild – Even If You’re Overweight / What Things In Common Do You Have With Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.