Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy (26445 Views)

10 Hilarious Cliches Nigerian Men Often Use To Woo A Lady- By Tosyne2much / ~ladies: Reasons Why Your Guy Dumps You For Other Girls~ / Why I Would Never Woo An Imbe'cile Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by passionate88: 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
MzNelly:
"Woo" in this context means walking up to a guy and asking him to be more than a friend to you. Like.... "Will you be my boyfriend?" undecided

Now, why shouldn't you do that? Read on:

1. It's a man's world. Let HIM do the "chyking."

2. His respect for you will decrease, even if it's just a LITTLE, trust me.

3. There's a 99.9% chance he'll turn you down.

4. If he doesn't turn you down, he won't take you seriously.

5. If he does turn you down, his friends will hear about it. Get ready to be labelled all sorts of names. smiley

6. His ego will feel bruised. He's a man. All men like to feel on top of every situation.

7. There are tons of guys who'd ask you out. Must you do that to yourself? smiley

8. If you send him signals and he doesn't pick up on the hints, HE'S NOT INTO YOU.

9. Ignore these feminists. You and a man don't share any equal rights. Pfft.

10. It's Biblically wrong. You doubt? ---Genesis 3:16

"Woo" him at your own risk.
cheesycheesycheesy
@No. 10, only when it suits women, that's when they will remember the BIBLE... @ No. 1, women (most) argue that it isn't a man's world.... They (women) run the world.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by SeverusSnape(m): 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
MzNelly:

They regret it and it's something they won't ever do again.
Hmmmmmm... But your signature is some how contradicting this your topic.grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Blakjewelry(m): 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
Lady that's your own business opinion , I have lot of ladies make the first move. Not that they that walk up to me straight up but they do it in steps and most of them we had great relationship and am even friends with many of them even if we are not together.... They trust me that's is enough. I can even lay down my life to protect ones trust
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
SeverusSnape:

Hmmmmmm... But your signature is some how contradicting this your topic.grin

I didn't say woo him, did I?
I said FIND HIM; and when you do, drop your hints.
If he doesn't take 'em.....you know what to do.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
Blakjewelry:
Lady that's your own business opinion , I have lot of ladies make the first move. Not that they that walk up to me straight up but they do it in steps and most of them we had great relationship and am even friends with many of them even if we are not together.... They trust me that's is enough. I can even lay down my life to protect ones trust

If you at least went through my write up, you'd understand that I'm not against women "doing it in steps."

It is the "toasting" part I am castigating.
You dig? smiley
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
passionate88:
@No. 10, only when it suits women, that's when they will remember the BIBLE... @ No. 1, women (most) argue that it isn't a man's world.... They (women) run the world.

You said it yourself. Most women.

Wetin consign me on top their matter?
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by SeverusSnape(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
MzNelly:

Well, It's almost the same thing. tongue
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
MzNelly:

yaaga,,,,,GREENLIGHT z much more preferable
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
SeverusSnape:

Well, It's almost the same thing. tongue

It's not, Sir. There's a VERY CLEAR difference.

Don't stick your tongue out at me. undecided
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by SeverusSnape(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
MzNelly:

It's not, Sir. There's a VERY CLEAR difference.

Don't stick your tongue out at me. undecided
Hey!... It's just an icon!
BTW, there's not a "VERY CLEAR" difference
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Blakjewelry(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
MzNelly:

If you at least went through my write up, you'd understand that I'm not against women "doing it in steps."

It is the "toasting" part I am castigating.
You dig? smiley
You are right about the toasting part, if a girl approach me directly without green light, I had been scared shirtless, I guess we guys are hardwire differently. But I like guuls with the bolls....... Lol
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
SeverusSnape:

Hey!... It's just an icon!
BTW, there's not a "VERY CLEAR" difference

Are you Albus Snape?

There is a clear difference. Should I explain this?
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by SeverusSnape(m): 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
MzNelly:

Are you Albus Snape?

There is a clear difference. Should I explain this?
No, I'm Severus

I can explain my self, Like I said, they're almost the same in the sense that; the wooing is verbal while the "hints" are more of body languages and behaviors toward the guy. The both have same objective, So She's doing the same thing in different ways.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
SeverusSnape:

No, I'm Severus

I can explain my self, Like I said, they're almost the same in the sense that; the wooing is verbal while the "hints" are more of body languages and behaviors toward the guy. The both have same objective, So She's doing the same thing in different ways.

Have you ever answered Albus Snape?

They have the same objective but they're going about in different ways.

Reason being that the "verbal wooing" is of more consequence than dropping hints.

Am I making any sense?
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
I won't advise any lady to woo a guy. I once tried it ,( he led me on sha) it didn't go well. we are still friends, but there is a crack. I can't bring myself to look him in the face out of shame. to worsen the whole thing, he fell in love with a friend I introduced to him.

Craziest thing have ever done.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by SeverusSnape(m): 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
smiley
MzNelly:

Reason being that the "verbal wooing" is of more consequence than dropping hints.

Am I making any sense?
Hmmmmmm
Yes, you're making sense
I rest my case for peace to reign smiley
MzNelly:

Am I making any sense?
Hmmmmmm
Yes, you're making sense
I rest my case for peace to reign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
Adaobi12:
I won't advise any lady to woo a guy. I once tried it ,( he led me on sha) it didn't go well. we are still friends, but there is a crack. I can't bring myself to look him in the face out of shame. to worsen the whole thing, he fell in love with a friend I introduced to him.

Ehya sad
Hope you're good now, tho?

Let these ladies learn from experience.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by chimerase2: 9:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
Adaobi12:

chai ndo grin
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
SeverusSnape:
smiley
Hmmmmmm
Yes, you're making sense
I rest my case for peace to reign smiley

We were never at war.

Would you at least tell me if you've ever answered Albus? undecided
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
Op you are right.
Wise ladies don't woo guys. They relax and enjoy the thrills of being wooed.
Reason is because, while a guy would graciously endure the pains of being rejected, most girls would take rejection to an often deadly extent.
So, ladies wait while the guys do the ' toasting' to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
Adaobi12:

chooiii,,,,,well d beauty of such tins happening z dat d lesson z well learned.1nce beaten,twice shy.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
donpeey22:
Op you are right.
Wise ladies don't woo guys. They relax and enjoy the thrills of being wooed.
Reason is because, while a guy would graciously endure the pains of being rejected, most girls would take rejection to an often deadly extent.
So, ladies wait while the guys do the ' toasting' to avoid stories that touch.
on point

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
chimerase2:
chai ndo grin
. chime ndo nke gikwa
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
So on point.
I cant even try it,i wl rather die in silence..
I smell fp
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by chimerase2: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
Adaobi12:
. chime ndo nke gikwa
oya we need to talk is urgent undecided
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by SeverusSnape(m): 9:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
MzNelly:

We were never at war.

Would you at least tell me if you've ever answered Albus? undecided
No, I've not.
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
it is very dangerous to woo a guy directly. Just try and get his attention. Get him to like u if d feeling is mutual it will work out and if it is not better leave him alone
@op you are very correct
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by alexis007(m): 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
feminists and their sympathizers everywhere saying worthless nonsense.......personally speaking and generally summarizing..... it's not in a woman's place to woo a guy.....i have had ladies who got so attracted to me that they lost their sense of proportion and walked up to blab about whatever thing they felt for me.......guess what? i always turned them down and told my pals how desperate these ladies are about me.......very good way to bully a lady and undermine her pride and dignity....let the guy do the wooing....yours is to flash him some green lights ........anything further than this and you would be seen as one who is 'too desperate to get laid'
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
alexis007:
feminists and their sympathizers everywhere saying worthless nonsense.......personally speaking and generally summarizing..... it's not in a woman's place to woo a guy.....i have had ladies who got so attracted to me that they lost their sense of proportion and walked up to blab about whatever thing they felt for me.......guess what? i always turned them down and told my pals how desperate these ladies are about me.......very good way to bully a lady and undermine her pride and dignity....let the guy do the wooing....yours is to flash him some green lights ........anything further than this and you would be seen as one who is 'too desperate to get laid'

You're so correct I could cry. smiley
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by lilmax(m): 10:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
Where are the feminists na....
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by Exjoker(m): 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
Some people are out here just to spoil others people's market
Re: Ladies: Reasons Why You Should Never "Woo" A Guy by alexis007(m): 6:29am On Dec 27, 2014
MzNelly:

You're so correct I could cry. smiley
don't mind those who think you came up with this kinda post cus you have a third world mentality. the day a Lady who has had the privilege to come across your post defies it by making the first move and wooing a guy in direct terms..... that day she would understand that naija isn't America

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Doctor Narrates His Encounter With A Lady And Her Abusive Boyfriend / 15 Ways To Drive Men Wild – Even If You’re Overweight / What Things In Common Do You Have With Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.