Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,204 members, 7,780,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:07 PM

What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? (1468 Views)

Youths Set Baptist Church Ablaze In Kano (photo) / Certificate Saga: Apostle Suleiman's 2015 Prophecies: See No 47- / That John Kumuyis Wedding : Your Take. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by efficiencie(m): 8:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Paul the Apostle partook of the new covenant as he notes in Titus 2: 11-14 but John the Baptist was of the old covenant and this is proved by the words of Christ himself who said in Matthew 11:13 'For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.' John was the last of the old testament prophets!

However it is written:
1Peter 1:9-12
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

This means that those of new covenant like Paul had access to that salvation which Peter spoke off but John didn't since he was of the old covenant...

but strangely it is written that John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Ghost from the Womb (Luke 1:15)

The PUZZLE is: How come John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Ghost yet he didn't have the 'salvation' Peter spoke of. What really is that salvation that Paul had that John didn't have even when the latter was filled with the Holy Ghost

Over to the Theologians, Sons and Babies!
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by holatin(m): 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
alright
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by efficiencie(m): 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
this is nt a HARD NUT folks...or is it!
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by chosen124: 1:30am On Dec 27, 2014
very simple
we are save by grace
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

and grace came by the Death and resurrection of Jesus Christ
John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John and all the old covenant saints were under the law
while Paul and all the new covenant saints are under grace and it is the grace of God that brings salvation
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by Nobody: 4:09am On Dec 27, 2014
The Day Christ was born Salvation has come and Faith has come it was not until his death because b4 then He has forgive sin and grant salvation to men. Saying John was Old convenant is just a pure lie because John was alive when Salvation came. John had all things paul had he even had more than paul.
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by chosen124: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
starlingleanets:
The Day Christ was born Salvation has come and Faith has come it was not until his death because b4 then He has forgive sin and grant salvation to men. Saying John was Old convenant is just a pure lie because John was alive when Salvation came. John had all things paul had he even had more than paul.

bros you dey read bible at all
John is the last old testament prophet
and Christ said the least in the new covenant is greater than the greatest in the old covenant

Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
chosen124:

bros you dey read bible at all
John is the last old testament prophet
and Christ said the least in the new covenant is greater than the greatest in the old covenant

Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
The Jews read the Scripture every sabbath but yet don't understand what is written to know Jesus is the Christ. Reading is nt d problem but understanding the Bible is the Freedom.Muslims read d Bible nd yet they never understand.
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by efficiencie(m): 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
chosen124:
very simple
we are save by grace
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

while Paul and all the new covenant saints are under grace and it is the grace of God that brings salvation
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

you haven't addressed the question...John was under the law not grace but yet he was filled with the Holy Ghost from the womb my question is: what is that 'salvation' Peter spoke of. What really is that salvation that Paul had that John didn't have even when he was filled with the Holy Ghost...

Because if John could be filled with the Holy Ghost and yet not be under grace then many may be filled with the Holy Ghost and still not be saved by grace...Many who say they are CHRISTIANS today and saved by grace do not have half the righteousness of John the Baptist, with pastors stealing from the offerring box, CHRISTIAN couples having sex before marriage and ministers going the way of Hophni and Phinehas...and i believe it's because MANY really don't know the SALVATION that Peter spoke of in I Peter 1:9-12
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by efficiencie(m): 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
chosen124:
very simple
we are save by grace

Another issue is How would one get this SALVATION? If you want to LEAD an unbeliever to getting this SALVATION what scriptural steps would you mandate for him to follow to receive this SALVATION
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
The grace to suffer SO MUCH for christ.John the baptist thought Jesus woul come to rescue him from prison.
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by twosquare(m): 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
efficiencie:

Another issue is How would one get this SALVATION? If you want to LEAD an unbeliever to getting this SALVATION what scriptural steps would you mandate for him to follow to receive this SALVATION
the salvation you mentioned in the first post and this one you are saying are two different things: though part of our course in the faith. Salvation is beyond accepting Christ....after His acceptance, salvation still continues which is the salvation peter talked about(salvation of the soul). At new birth, our spirit got saved(which was dead) but there is an aspect which the Holy Ghost hasn't taken over: until the redemption of the purchased possession(ephesians I think). That aspect is our soul, the salvation of the soul isn't one day because in it are many paths which needed to be swallowed by Life. No one can save a soul, to have a soul saved is coming totally under the dominion(will) of God. That soul has been transformed..have u ever wondered why born again still misbehave? Their soul is not saved yet, even though their spirit is saved already. The salvation am talking of (for clarification) is not about going to hell or heaven but conforming into the full stature and image of the Son.

In other words and in clear xplanation: the end of our faith is achieving the salvation of our souls. When u hear Paul saying I have finished the race...-t also means I have finished this course of faith, I have come to the end of our faith(kept) which is the salvation of the soul. Satan taught the soul of men certain things that God wants us to unlearn through process(disciplines,sufferings). My soul is not yet saved until it beams Christ and it became marked with something. I can then say I bear the mark of christ. This is what the prophets of old which to get..-t is beyond the indwelling of the Holy Ghost but the formula the Holy Ghost wanted to give the latter saints about how to have their soul saved. Having the soul saved is a step away from immortality(being full of Life in abundance). The saints of old saw the promise but couldn't get hold of it. To have the image of the Son is becoming an heir to the inheritance of the world to come. Salvation still continues in heaven, it doesn't end here.
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by twosquare(m): 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
efficiencie:

now concerning John the baptist, he was chosen by the Holy One to go before the Lord and he who must make Him known and prepare His way must be very close to the Lord. He came in the spirit of Elijah, so he wasn't just a prophet..even Jesus said, he is more than a prophet. And only two sons of men are greater than he- Adam and Jesus because they were not born of a woman. What gave him prominence over others and being filled with the Holy Ghost from womb is the will of the Father and also John's sight in his growth. His water was cleansing sin, same thing the blood does. He was preparing them for the Lord. But John wasn't a kingdom man yet because entrance is by two things: born again and born of Water&Spirit. And it wasn't in the will of the Father for John to enter. Yea, he was filled from the womb because of his mission and he was chosen and proclaimed via the lips of an angel. Because the appearance of John is appearance of Salvation. Salvation is defeating the dragon( the prince of this world cometh and found nothing of his in me). That's salvation.
To receive this second phase of salvation is by walk after receiving the first phase. The second phase is to be born of the spirit and become son of the Wind. Being conformed to the image of the Son.
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by Image123(m): 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
The way wasn't ready nah, isn't that what Jesus came to do?
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by efficiencie(m): 10:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
twosquare:
the salvation you mentioned in the first post and this one you are saying are two different things: though part of our course in the faith. Salvation is beyond accepting Christ....after His acceptance, salvation still continues which is the salvation peter talked about(salvation of the soul). At new birth, our spirit got saved(which was dead) but there is an aspect which the Holy Ghost hasn't taken over: until the redemption of the purchased possession(ephesians I think). That aspect is our soul, the salvation of the soul isn't one day because in it are many paths which needed to be swallowed by Life. No one can save a soul, to have a soul saved is coming totally under the dominion(will) of God. That soul has been transformed..have u ever wondered why born again still misbehave? Their soul is not saved yet, even though their spirit is saved already. The salvation am talking of (for clarification) is not about going to hell or heaven but conforming into the full stature and image of the Son.

In other words and in clear xplanation: the end of our faith is achieving the salvation of our souls. When u hear Paul saying I have finished the race...-t also means I have finished this course of faith, I have come to the end of our faith(kept) which is the salvation of the soul. Satan taught the soul of men certain things that God wants us to unlearn through process(disciplines,sufferings). My soul is not yet saved until it beams Christ and it became marked with something. I can then say I bear the mark of christ. This is what the prophets of old which to get..-t is beyond the indwelling of the Holy Ghost but the formula the Holy Ghost wanted to give the latter saints about how to have their soul saved. Having the soul saved is a step away from immortality(being full of Life in abundance). The saints of old saw the promise but couldn't get hold of it. To have the image of the Son is becoming an heir to the inheritance of the world to come. Salvation still continues in heaven, it doesn't end here.

i love you twosquare you are hot...now let's delve deeper into your exegesis!
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by efficiencie(m): 2:46am On Dec 28, 2014
An analysis of your 'division' of the word leaves 'puzzles'

Now you stated that:

twosquare: At new birth, our spirit got saved
(which was dead) but there is an aspect which the Holy
Ghost hasn't taken over: until the redemption of the
purchased possession (ephesians I think). That aspect is our soul, the salvation of the soul isn't one day because in it are many paths which needed to be swallowed by Life. No one can save a soul, to have a soul saved is coming totally under the dominion(will) of God. That soul has been transformed..have u ever wondered why born again still misbehave? Their soul is not saved yet, even though their spirit is saved already. The salvation am talking of (for clarification) is not about going to hell or heaven but conforming into the full stature and image of the Son.

The implication of this is staggering. If a person is born again he cannot sin as said by John below:
1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

But according to you a person born of the Spirit (meaning having a regenerated spirit) could make mistakes, a euphemism for sin , since his soul is still undergoing transformation!!! shocked

Now i ask if a person has MURDER in his soul and this manifests in malice, anger and hatred but this person's spirit is regenerated can we safely say that that person will make the rapture?

This is my SUBMISSION :

Salvation is a PACKAGE that starts with the regeneration of the spirit at the point of ACCEPTING CHRIST (Romans 10:9-10), then goes to the soul with the WASHING and RENEWING by the WORD, BLOOD and SPIRIT (2 Thess 2:13, Ephesians 5:25-26, Hebrew 9:14) and ends with the hope of BODILY TRANSFORMATION promised at the Rapture (Romans 8:24-25 and I Thess 4:13-17)...

So to be BORN AGAIN is not to be saved in the spirit alone, it is to be saved in the spirit and in the soul...The soul is the home of the HEART and MIND and you cannot partake of the new covenant until you are saved in the soul as it is written below:

Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people

In conclusion, that PROMISE which the old testament prophets desired to have but were denied, the PROMISE of I John 2:25 is that of ETERNAL LIFE and eternal life is the KNOWLEDGE OF THE SON OF GOD as defined by Christ in John 17:3, realizing that the Father and Son are one (John 10:30) and the SON is the WORD (John 1:1) and that Word must be WRITTEN IN THE SOULS OF NEW MEN (Hebrew 8: 10) for them to be partakers of the NEW COVENANT...hence you are NEW CREATURE when the old things in your spirit and the old things in your soul are PASSED AWAY ...so I agree with you twosquare on what Paul had that John didn't have but the currently taught theology bordering on the definition of being BORN AGAIN makes 'me' uncomfortable because it's erroneous for a BORN AGAIN Christian to sin simply because his SOUL is not yet SAVED!

...any critique of my views are welcomed!
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by twosquare(m): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
efficiencie:
An analysis of your 'division' of the word leaves 'puzzles'

Now you stated that:

The implication of this is staggering. If a person is born again he cannot sin as said by John below:
1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

But according to you a person born of the Spirit (meaning having a regenerated spirit) could make mistakes, a euphemism for sin , since his soul is still undergoing transformation!!! shocked

Now i ask if a person has MURDER in his soul and this manifests in malice, anger and hatred but this person's spirit is regenerated can we safely say that that person will make the rapture?

This is my SUBMISSION :

Salvation is a PACKAGE that starts with the regeneration of the spirit at the point of ACCEPTING CHRIST (Romans 10:9-10), then goes to the soul with the WASHING and RENEWING by the WORD, BLOOD and SPIRIT (2 Thess 2:13, Ephesians 5:25-26, Hebrew 9:14) and ends with the hope of BODILY TRANSFORMATION promised at the Rapture (Romans 8:24-25 and I Thess 4:13-17)...

So to be BORN AGAIN is not to be saved in the spirit alone, it is to be saved in the spirit and in the soul...The soul is the home of the HEART and MIND and you cannot partake of the new covenant until you are saved in the soul as it is written below:

Hebrews 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people

In conclusion, that PROMISE which the old testament prophets desired to have but were denied, the PROMISE of I John 2:25 is that of ETERNAL LIFE and eternal life is the KNOWLEDGE OF THE SON OF GOD as defined by Christ in John 17:3, realizing that the Father and Son are one (John 10:30) and the SON is the WORD (John 1:1) and that Word must be WRITTEN IN THE SOULS OF NEW MEN (Hebrew 8: 10) for them to be partakers of the NEW COVENANT...hence you are NEW CREATURE when the old things in your spirit and the old things in your soul are PASSED AWAY ...so I agree with you twosquare on what Paul had that John didn't have but the currently taught theology bordering on the definition of being BORN AGAIN makes 'me' uncomfortable because it's erroneous for a BORN AGAIN Christian to sin simply because his SOUL is not yet SAVED!

...any critique of my views are welcomed!
unless a man be BORN-AGAIN, he cannot SEE the Kingdom of God....unless a man be BORN of WATER and SPRIT, he cannot ENTER. They are two different things bro. A born again can sin and the definition of being born again in most gatherings is wrong(that is once u're born again, u can't sin). To be born of water and spirit is becoming a overcomer because a tiger kid will always resemble her mum. So a person born of the Spirit will look like the Holy Ghost....they're now sons of the Wind. If their father is a mighty rushing wind, how much more His offspring?
Why do the epistles talk about salvation of the soul even though they are writing to believers( that should cause you to meditate). The knowledge of the Son is not saying I know Jesus...no, it is coming to His full stature in ur soul... Ur spirit became regenerated(that's old things has passed away and u're expected to continue). In other words, if any man be in this Christ, he is a new creature...(To be "in" is consistency. To be renewed consistently in ur mind- which is also an offshoot of the soul).
To have a soul saved is also to write the law on their hearts...it doesn't take one day to achieve that unlike the regeneration of my spirit...it will require skillful ministers of righteousness to write on the heart of the people...remember paul, ye our epistles...written upon not by ink.....paul by revelation took time to write on them and as the writings are going on, they change from glory to glory that they become read by men. The reason for the Epistles in the Scripture is to achieve one thing :save our soul...they are materials meant to cleanse the soul and swallowed it with Life(the oil in in Psalm 23).
For the fact u're saved in ur soul, yet you still do somethings that are not expected of saints. So,falling into sin even though u've given ur life to Christ that doesn't mean u're not born again, but u're yet to be born of the Water and Spirit. The reason for being born again is for you to be able to SEE the Kingdom(not only going to Heaven) and the second phase is for you to be able to ENTER the Kingdom( because entering heaven and entering the Kingdom are two different things. You can enter heaven and not enter the Kingdom). So being born of that water and spirit is that u've attain salvation of ur soul, u've become light and not earthy. Coz satan made the soul of men earthy by seeking things that passes away.
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by efficiencie(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
twosquare:
unless a man be BORN-AGAIN, he cannot SEE the Kingdom of God....unless a man be BORN of WATER and SPRIT, he cannot ENTER. They are two different things bro. A born again can sin and the definition of being born again in most gatherings is wrong(that is once u're born again, u can't sin). To be born of water and spirit is becoming a overcomer because a tiger kid will always resemble her mum. So a person born of the Spirit will look like the Holy Ghost....they're now sons of the Wind. If their father is a mighty rushing wind, how much more His offspring?
Why do the epistles talk about salvation of the soul even though they are writing to believers( that should cause you to meditate). The knowledge of the Son is not saying I know Jesus...no, it is coming to His full stature in ur soul... Ur spirit became regenerated(that's old things has passed away and u're expected to continue). In other words, if any man be in this Christ, he is a new creature...(To be "in" is consistency. To be renewed consistently in ur mind- which is also an offshoot of the soul).
To have a soul saved is also to write the law on their hearts...it doesn't take one day to achieve that unlike the regeneration of my spirit...it will require skillful ministers of righteousness to write on the heart of the people...remember paul, ye our epistles...written upon not by ink.....paul by revelation took time to write on them and as the writings are going on, they change from glory to glory that they become read by men. The reason for the Epistles in the Scripture is to achieve one thing :save our soul...they are materials meant to cleanse the soul and swallowed it with Life(the oil in in Psalm 23).
For the fact u're saved in ur soul, yet you still do somethings that are not expected of saints. So,falling into sin even though u've given ur life to Christ that doesn't mean u're not born again, but u're yet to be born of the Water and Spirit. The reason for being born again is for you to be able to SEE the Kingdom(not only going to Heaven) and the second phase is for you to be able to ENTER the Kingdom( because entering heaven and entering the Kingdom are two different things. You can enter heaven and not enter the Kingdom). So being born of that water and spirit is that u've attain salvation of ur soul, u've become light and not earthy. Coz satan made the soul of men earthy by seeking things that passes away.

Sir you teaching runs contrary to Christ's!

You said:
twosquare: So,falling into sin even though u've given ur life to Christ that
doesn't mean u're not born again, but u're yet to be
born of the Water and Spirit... The reason for being born
again is for you to be able to SEE the Kingdom(not only
going to Heaven) and the second phase is for you to be
able to ENTER the Kingdom( because entering heaven
and entering the Kingdom are two different things. You
can enter heaven and not enter the Kingdom)...

Suggesting that being BORN AGAIN is different from being BORN OF WATER AND SPIRIT and both have different rewards with the former yielding HEAVEN and the latter the KINGDOM

But when Christ answered Nicodemus in John 3:3 he stated that access to the KINGDOM is by being born again and when Nicodemus did not understand that concept Christ, the Teacher, defined being born again in John 3:5 as being born of water and the spirit and again he stated that this was the prerequisite for entering into the KINGDOM . My brother being born of the Spirit is to be saved in the spirit and being born of water is to be saved in the soul and these two combined makes one BORN AGAIN and whoever is in this condition lives the life of Christ here on earth and that's the KINGDOM but HEAVEN is a location (that shall pass away and be renewed) and only those who have the life of Christ, The KINGDOM , can make it there...that's why Paul noted in: I Corinthians 6:9-10 and Galatians 5:19-21 that those who sin will not inherit the KINGDOM and hence won't make it to Heaven Revelations 22:14-15 ...You see bro the DANGER in your teaching is the view that a BORN AGAIN person can Sin ...that's dangerous because many would claim they're still undergoing soulish transformation and that it takes an unspecified time period, maybe a year, a decade or even a century but yet claim they are BORN AGAIN thus deceiving themselves and others that they shall inherit the KINGDOM . No wonder Jesus said:

Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

He said: ...few there be that find it meaning only a few there be that SEEK it because if you don't seek you won't find (Matthew 7:7) and they won't seek it because many would think they already have it, so why seek for what you think you already have? and by so doing many who think they are BORN AGAIN find themselves in HELL ...Bro, to be BORN AGAIN is to be born of water and the Spirit and to be saved in the soul and the spirit, it is to have the LAW and PROPHETS written in your heart and mind, it is to be a PARTAKER of the NEW COVENANT, it is to be a NEW CREATURE!
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by twosquare(m): 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
efficiencie:

Sir you teaching runs contrary to Christ's!

You said:

Suggesting that being BORN AGAIN is different from being BORN OF WATER AND SPIRIT and both have different rewards with the former yielding HEAVEN and the latter the KINGDOM

But when Christ answered Nicodemus in John 3:3 he stated that access to the KINGDOM is by being born again and when Nicodemus did not understand that concept Christ, the Teacher, defined being born again in John 3:5 as being born of water and the spirit and again he stated that this was the prerequisite for entering into the KINGDOM . My brother being born of the Spirit is to be saved in the spirit and being born of water is to be saved in the soul and these two combined makes one BORN AGAIN and whoever is in this condition lives the life of Christ here on earth and that's the KINGDOM but HEAVEN is a location (that shall pass away and be renewed) and only those who have the life of Christ, The KINGDOM , can make it there...that's why Paul noted in: I Corinthians 6:9-10 and Galatians 5:19-21 that those who sin will not inherit the KINGDOM and hence won't make it to Heaven Revelations 22:14-15 ...You see bro the DANGER in your teaching is the view that a BORN AGAIN person can Sin ...that's dangerous because many would claim they're still undergoing soulish transformation and that it takes an unspecified time period, maybe a year, a decade or even a century but yet claim they are BORN AGAIN thus deceiving themselves and others that they shall inherit the KINGDOM . No wonder Jesus said:

Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

He said: ...few there be that find it meaning only a few there be that SEEK it because if you don't seek you won't find (Matthew 7:7) and they won't seek it because many would think they already have it, so why seek for what you think you already have? and by so doing many who think they are BORN AGAIN find themselves in HELL ...Bro, to be BORN AGAIN is to be born of water and the Spirit and to be saved in the soul and the spirit, it is to have the LAW and PROPHETS written in your heart and mind, it is to be a PARTAKER of the NEW COVENANT, it is to be a NEW CREATURE!
I understand all what you meant...but the moment you think entering HEAVEN and entering the KINGDOM are the same thing..u will miss it...whoever commits sin wilfully and lies on soul transformation will not just have himself to blame but will not be a partaker in the Kingdom because dogs,immorals are not wanted at the helm of affairs.

And Nicodemus saga, Jesus wasn't preaching Heaven to him but the Kingdom. That's why I took time to capitalize it for you. Pick ur bible after reading this reply and meditate on it. I want you to see something if u can locate it. Even what Nicodemus was saying doesn't tally with Jesus' reply because the Lord answered straight the question of his heart. Unless a man be born-again, he cannot SEE the kingdom of God. The reason for the new birth is not for us to enter heaven and shout narrow escape that we no enter hell. No. Why didn't jesus preach Heaven to Nicodemus? Because this present Heaven that believers are running to will pass away and suffereth decay. It will wax old and God cannot give that as inheritance to the people He love. Infact He wants to burn it. so. The reason for the new birth(being born-again) is for SIGHT. Something was given to everyone on that day. What was given was sight, not just regeneration of dead spirit. So that you can Seeeeee. Because spirits(evil) don't want you to seee. The day you begin to seeee is deliverance. That's the benefit of the first birth.

The 2nd birth(being born of WATER and SPIR
IT) is the second step. God is like saying after the new birth, there is still one more "borning" my people: the WATER and the SPIRIT. Sight is not enough for you, I want you to be a partaker of what you saw. So unless you are born this way, you cannot ENTER because narrow is the way. You have to be as volatile as water and spirit. Because right from the days of John the Baptist, the Kingdom of God suffers violence....and the violence takes it by force. Don't think it is talking about going to heaven but entering the Kingdom. You cannot ENTER without the second birth. Do you want to enter the Kingdom that even angels are not permitted to be an heir? Then be a partaker of the 2nd birth. Another thing have to happen because it is from glory to glory; the soul must be birth again like the spirit for it to be fit to be a partaker. Ur spirit is CHRIST and ur soul have to become one two, so also ur body. Meditate on psalm 23- the issue of oil running over. When the soul becomes that which I mentioned it will touch the body and true will the saying be immortality has swallowed up mortality . I once sang a song here before the e-tsunami:

You have to be born twice says the Spirit
You have to be born twice says Him who has risen from the dead
There is no entrance without being born twice
There is no entrance without the twice birth
You have to be born and be born.

So saving the soul is not escaping hell, you can travel to heaven and still look earthly. Salvation continues in heaven. Do you want to see a prototype of someone who is saved? Take a look at Yahweh, take a look Jesus and the Holy ghost. No one is as saved as God. Salvation is becoming like the Father. When angels will look at you, they will say, "this man has been soo saved" That's salvation. But a man who didn't achieve it will weep in heaven because he had the chance but treated it with disdain.
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by efficiencie(m): 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
twosquare:
I understand all what you meant...but the moment you think entering HEAVEN and entering the KINGDOM are the same thing..u will miss it...whoever commits sin wilfully and lies on soul transformation will not just have himself to blame but will not be a partaker in the Kingdom because dogs,immorals are not wanted at the helm of affairs.

And Nicodemus saga, Jesus wasn't preaching Heaven to him but the Kingdom. That's why I took time to capitalize it for you. Pick ur bible after reading this reply and meditate on it. I want you to see something if u can locate it. Even what Nicodemus was saying doesn't tally with Jesus' reply because the Lord answered straight the question of his heart. Unless a man be born-again, he cannot SEE the kingdom of God. The reason for the new birth is not for us to enter heaven and shout narrow escape that we no enter hell. No. Why didn't jesus preach Heaven to Nicodemus? Because this present Heaven that believers are running to will pass away and suffereth decay. It will wax old and God cannot give that as inheritance to the people He love. Infact He wants to burn it. so. The reason for the new birth(being born-again) is for SIGHT. Something was given to everyone on that day. What was given was sight, not just regeneration of dead spirit. So that you can Seeeeee. Because spirits(evil) don't want you to seee. The day you begin to seeee is deliverance. That's the benefit of the first birth.

The 2nd birth(being born of WATER and SPIR
IT) is the second step. God is like saying after the new birth, there is still one more "borning" my people: the WATER and the SPIRIT. Sight is not enough for you, I want you to be a partaker of what you saw. So unless you are born this way, you cannot ENTER because narrow is the way. You have to be as volatile as water and spirit. Because right from the days of John the Baptist, the Kingdom of God suffers violence....and the violence takes it by force. Don't think it is talking about going to heaven but entering the Kingdom. You cannot ENTER without the second birth. Do you want to enter the Kingdom that even angels are not permitted to be an heir? Then be a partaker of the 2nd birth. Another thing have to happen because it is from glory to glory; the soul must be birth again like the spirit for it to be fit to be a partaker. Ur spirit is CHRIST and ur soul have to become one two, so also ur body. Meditate on psalm 23- the issue of oil running over. When the soul becomes that which I mentioned it will touch the body and true will the saying be immortality has swallowed up mortality . I once sang a song here before the e-tsunami:

You have to be born twice says the Spirit
You have to be born twice says Him who has risen from the dead
There is no entrance without being born twice
There is no entrance without the twice birth
You have to be born and be born.

So saving the soul is not escaping hell, you can travel to heaven and still look earthly. Salvation continues in heaven. Do you want to see a prototype of someone who is saved? Take a look at Yahweh, take a look Jesus and the Holy ghost. No one is as saved as God. Salvation is becoming like the Father. When angels will look at you, they will say, "this man has been soo saved" That's salvation. But a man who didn't achieve it will weep in heaven because he had the chance but treated it with disdain.

please answer this simple question:

is a born again person someone saved in the spirit
alone or is a born again person someone saved in both
of the spirit and soul? Please answer!?
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by twosquare(m): 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
efficiencie:

please answer this simple question:

is a born again person someone saved in the spirit
alone or is a born again person someone saved in both
of the spirit and soul? Please answer!?
u must understand the real meaning of salvation which I sighed the Father, Jesus and Holy Ghost. To be born again is to be saved in ur spirit. To be born of water and spirit is to be saved in ur soul.
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by efficiencie(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
twosquare:
u must understand the real meaning of salvation which I sighed the Father, Jesus and Holy Ghost. To be born again is to be saved in ur spirit. To be born of water and spirit is to be saved in ur soul.

ma bro Jesus made us know that to be born again is to born of water and spirit. They are not different!

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Re: What Did Paul The Apostle Have That John The Baptist Didn't Have? by twosquare(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
efficiencie:

ma bro Jesus made us know that to be born again is to born of water and spirit. They are not different!

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
two different statements meaning two different things but emphasising on the same stream of thought. Jesus did not even answered his question because He knew Nicodemus doesn't understand but answered what his heart longed for: how to partake of what Jesus is operating by. If u see at the same thing, the day u were born anew is the day u should reach perfection in ur soul and be like ur spirit in toto but it is not hard to see via revelation that the Lord are talking abt two different stages.

From Jn. 3:5, we can see that after we have been
born again, there is another birth (1Pet. 1:23) for
entrance into the kingdom of God. We need to be born of water and born of the Spirit (Jn. 3:5). Being born of THE WATER and THE SPIRIT are two unique births of God's word.
There is the word of God that is WATER
and there is the word of God that is SPIRIT.
Water here isn't physical water, but rather a state of The Word. When that word works on you, it prepares you for a more solid aspect of the word which is His Spirit. The water of the word prepares you to connect something much stronger; the Spirit. One is sticker than the other just like blood and water (Jn. 19:34/1Jn 5:6-8 )

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Said Do Not Call Anyone Father(daddy) / Some Examples Of How The Qur’an Corrects The Bible - Part 1 / VIDEO: Watch What Sunday Adelaja Said About TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.