Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,432 members, 7,781,264 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:28 AM

Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (34814 Views)

Understanding Female Circumcision And Its Effect On The Girl Child / Female Circumcision Still Pratice In Nigeria!!! / Why Is Male Circumcision More Acceptable Than Female Circumcision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Nobody: 4:26am On Feb 18, 2006
For a guy, there's a foreskin covering his phallus. It accumulates dirt on the inside (which cant be washed), so circumcision is a blessing to him. But a woman aint GAT no foreskin. What these cultural idiots do is chop of the glans of the clitoris - the most (aaaaaah, yessss) sensitive part down there. Put a peg on her pleasure limit while retaining the man's. Very anti-woman

I think any advocate of female circumcision shd have his own glans (that little brown cap on the JT) chopped off. Hah! No see what its like.
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Idekeson(m): 5:23am On Feb 18, 2006
It's a barbaric act. Female Genital Mutilation(FGM) is a ground to seek asylum in the United States.
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:35am On Feb 25, 2006
there's a whole lot wrong with it!!!!!!!!!!
as idekeson said, ''it's a ground to seek asylum in the U.S
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by 2cantango(f): 2:46pm On Feb 28, 2006
I watched a documentary where women who had been mutilated were being interviewed, it was heart breaking cry These poor women are totally violated. Not one of there were able to enjoy sex, as the removal of their clitorus had tightened the skin in their vagina and had caused severe pain during sex, during urinating and during childbirth. FGM doesn't stop at the removal of the clitorus, often times it also includes the opening of the vagina being 'sewn' closed, almost completely, only allowing a small enough space for the urine to pass through. In the documentary they showed a young girl screaming, being held down by family members as she was butchered with blade, and later sewn up with thorns from a nearby bush cry It was even noted that the 'sewing up' of the vaginal opening is done so a man can be sure his wife is a virgin on their wedding night Some women are so 'closed' that the husband must have a blade close at hand to help 'open her' so he may penetrate her properly.

Really, what is this world coming to when there can still be at least one person who doesn't see anything wrong with this type of 'surgery'
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by uniben82(f): 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2006
Not only is this practice inadvertently cruel to females, I personally think that it's a crime against humanity angry Education! Education! Education! and Imprisonment! Imprisonment! Imprisonment! The only way to combat its prevalence.  I wonder if some of our leadership figures would be willing to step up and champion such a campaign.
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Reverend(m): 9:43am On Mar 04, 2006
If you really want to know how idiotic and cruel the practice is, visit the link below:-

http://www.middle-east-info.org/league/somalia/fmgpictures.htm
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by bolex(m): 4:11am On Apr 14, 2006
fucking idiots cutting a girl

How will the husband ever enjoy such a rag

Pleassseeeeeee

Stop that shit about circumscision

Do oko kiri or not

It is up to the girl

You never see girl wey boiz don do extra-circumscision for am

lol

dumbie living in stone ages ( circumscicers and all supporters of it )

Reference to the bible:

Old Testament

Every believer was circumscised by cutting

(David called Goliath an uncircumscised philistine ,,,, haha, i thought it a funny diss)

But in the New testament

Whatever I the Lord has called clean shall no longer thereby be called unclean

Babies and bobos

The only circumscision you need is immersion by water aka BAPTISM

Grow out of these old ways
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by BLCKQUEN: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2006
I believe that the whole procedure of female circumcision is uncessary and a complete distortion of a woman's "temple". Temple meaning her body. I believe that all the parts inside and out, are required in creating the woman. This is why they are so unique. I do not put the blame on any one person when I female's body is torn apart but the blame is on an uneducated society. I also believe that a tradition or religion should be discarded and forgotten if it cause harm to a person. Yes, there wil always be people who believe that "it must be done for my/her well being" but there comes a time when new and modern finds reveal easier and safer ways of solving painful events.
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by weev(f): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2006
i have a friend who is Somalian her father brought her and her 3 sisters to the UK because he was under pressure from his family to have his girls 'fixed' . this was one of the reasons the family was granted asylum.
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by nicetohave(m): 12:42am On Apr 15, 2006
and why didnt i believe that story; not that you didnt tell it right but that the father's story may not be true. A nigerian woman has been given asylum in the US for a similar reason, same number of daughters. Somehow i just cant shake off the thought that they are exploiting the opportunity to gain access to these countries using the "female circumcision" excuse.
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by mukina2: 6:35pm On May 04, 2006
everything is wrong with it angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by lovelyS(m): 2:43pm On May 09, 2006
It's crazy that the fact that campagn r going on day in day out we can still people who r still practicing this act.it really piss me off.
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Coco29(f): 2:35pm On May 30, 2006
this is just -very sad to know that parent can be uptight about sex they choose to mutilate their children cry cry cry angry angry
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Coco29(f): 7:14pm On May 30, 2006
Gridlock:

For a guy, there's a foreskin covering his phallus. It accumulates dirt on the inside (which can't be washed), so circumcision is a blessing to him. But a woman aint GAT no foreskin. What these cultural idiots do is chop of the glans of the clitoris - the most (aaaaaah, yessss) sensitive part down there. Put a peg on her pleasure limit while retaining the man's. Very anti-woman

I think any advocate of female circumcision should have his own glans (that little brown cap on the JT) chopped off. Hah! No see what its like.

some men who are circumcise, lose sensitivity !!!!!!! in there penis and it can take hr for them to reach orgasm!!!! grin
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by BigShishi(m): 11:26am On May 31, 2006
any woman that sleeps with an uncircumcised man is durtyy , especially giving him head lipsrsealed
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:44pm On May 31, 2006
whats the dirtiness in that? men sooo unpredictable!! lipsrsealed
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by BigShishi(m): 12:49pm On May 31, 2006
rhoda, u nasty wink
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:50pm On May 31, 2006
wot ya mean Big shishi?? cool
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Reverend(m): 12:58pm On May 31, 2006
@ Big Sissy

Do you really understand what you are talking about or are you Just posting any old rubbish for the fun of it?

Why do you call Rhodalyn nasty because she questioned why having sex with a uncircumcised man dirty?

Maybe you did not realize, but the uncircumcised penis is the normal state as nature intended it!

I think you have to grow up a little my friend and try to stick to the topic of the thread which is 'Female Circumcision' angry
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:59pm On May 31, 2006
nahhhh Rev, i think i know why, dont worry cool
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by lobuhle(f): 12:07am On Dec 01, 2006
as i understand the cultural connotations of female circumcision it is to stop the wives from being unfaithful, basically to degrade sex to a mere act of reproduction. if we are to say that we want this to be carried out while the woman is yet a child i think it defeats the purpose for which is currently stands because the time this woman begins here sexplorations in life she will not ever know what the pleasure or evolution will create a new eipcentre of pleasure in that area. i really dont see the use of this barbaric practice that seems only to inflate mens egos, making them once again feel and know that they have the power. shocked
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by asoderock(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2007
Simple questions should be answered . . .-those of u circumcised, do you enjoy sex, and those of you not don't you?
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by spoilt(f): 4:08am On Mar 28, 2007
Somehow i just can't shake off the thought that they are exploiting the opportunity to gain access to these countries using the "female circumcision" excuse.

@ nicetohave
my dear, drastic situations require drastic measures!
you have to run to the moon if need be to protect your daughters. they are young and cant protect themselves. some people call it airing our dirty linens. so be it. our primitive cultural practices have to be exposed! angry
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by osegwu(m): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2007
I have seen female circumcision right from when I was small.

Both male and female are circumcised because of the aesthetic

value. If you look at the Vulva of the circumcised and uncircumcised

female you will notice that that of the uncircumcised is very ugly. It

has nothing to with promiscuity. So also is that of the male. The Nairaland

females who are not circumcised know this is true. And what is more?

they don't sew anything at all. They just cut off the ugly part of the clitoris

although it is the most sensitive part of female sex organs, and treat it to heal.

leaving a large scare after healing. MY Grand mum circumsized people and

she thought all her children and grand childrenhow to do it too. Again, they

believe that a woman that is circumcised will find it less painful

during child birth than the other. That is why in a place like Urhobo land,

Ladies who are married are circumcised during their first pregnancy and not

before.

Now I am happy that this mutilation has stopped and our ladies can enjoy sex

like no man's business and even if they like let them form oliver Twist. But we

have to forgive our Ancestors for what they did out of ignorance, thinking that it

was for the child'sgood and not because of promiscuity.

Please don not crucify me

Still me
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by spoilt(f): 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2007
osegwu:

female you will notice that that of the uncircumcised is very ugly. It

has nothing to with promiscuity. So also is that of the male. The Nairaland

females who are not circumcised know this is true. And what is more?

they don't sew anything at all. They just cut off the ugly part of the clitoris

although it is the most sensitive part of female sex organs, and treat it to heal.

leaving a large scare after healing. MY Grand mum circumsized people and

she thought all her children and grand childrenhow to do it too. Again, they

believe that a woman that is circumcised will find it less painful

during child birth than the other. That is why in a place like Urhobo land,

Ladies who are married are circumcised during their first pregnancy and not

before.

have to forgive our Ancestors for what they did out of ignorance, thinking that it

Still me

aesthetic beauty my crusty feet. you are so ignorant its ridiculous. do you know that at childbirth those circumcision scars reopen and it can be very tragic? do you know that circumcised women can't feel jack in bed? and who says uncircumcised women are ugly down there? you are so ignorant. so ignorant that i have to stop now because im already irritated that in 2007 people still think like that. you say you are happy it has stopped? doesnt sound like you are convinced.
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by osegwu(m): 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2007
@ Spoilt

My friend shut up your dirty mount. If you don't know how

to read and understand statements then get someone to

teach you. Was there any where in my staement where I

said it is good? It is happening whether you are enlightened

Or I am ignorant. I did not say it is a good practice no it is not.

My Grand mum was into it but she has stopped it. I would

advice that you learn to be civil and don't insult for their opinions

whether it be negative or positive. If they want only your opinion

they would have asked only you and not post it on a public thread.

I used to respect your opinions but methink you are losting it. Please,

learn to understand other people's views on issues.

Peace
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by spoilt(f): 9:27pm On Apr 20, 2007
mr osegwu don vexxxxxxxxxx. i read your post thoroughly and i must tell you that you were blowing hot and cold at the same time. you started by extolling the virtues of female circumcision.

female you will notice that that of the uncircumcised is very ugly

isnt that what you said? i thought my eyes were deceiving me.
aesthetic value my foot. my cousin is circumcised and she actually parted her thighs and showed me. i screamed in horror. my dear it was ugly. no woman deserves to have a big old scar down there. i have 2 friends who i know are circumcised and they showed me too. i can't begin to describe how awful it was. theres no how those half wound/half scar wont reopen during childbirth!

you also asked

The Nairaland

females who are not circumcised know this is true.

you had the guts to ask nairaland ladies to confirm your claims of ugliness? no its not true that uncircumcised ladies are ugly down there. and even if they were,chopping off a woman's clitoris in the name of beauty without regards to medical implications is madness.

you also said

They just cut off the ugly part of the clitoris

although it is the most sensitive part of female sex organs,  and treat it to heal.

leaving a large scare after healing.

no part of the clitoris is ugly for your information.
and yes it is the most sensitive part that God put there for a reason so why hack it off?  and you said yourself that it leaves a big scar. i know scars are never a good thing. a woman having a huge scar between her legs is alarming.

and didnt you say

i was wondering why after extolling circumcision you are now happy it has stopped. if you are really happy it has stopped then stop going around giving crazy reasons why it was good in the first place.

in fine print you now wrote "don't crucify me" as if  you knew you were going to get angry reactions so why are you vexing now? abeg cool down!  angry
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by odada(m): 1:13am On Apr 21, 2007
Female Circumcision :what's wrong with it?
E V E R Y T H I N G !
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by osegwu(m): 7:15am On Apr 22, 2007
@ Spoilt

Well. The bitter truth is that it is not a good thing

and I acknowledge this fact. What I untented saying

was that it is my people's view on circumcision. Sorry

I did not quite say it the way I should, But Am still glad

they have stopped the act of female mutilation in my place.

Although is is still happening in some locations.

My dear Spoilt, there is no offense untented and even if I have

said it is a good thing it is still my opinion and I am entitled to it

but it is not and I acknowledge its bitter truth, It is Mutilation so cheer up

and give me a smile.
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by hannydarl(f): 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2007
Circumcision is bad it was invented as the case always is by men of old times who want monopoly when it comes to rulling the womans life.They want to enjoy sex and they dont expect a woman to do the same.it was a toboo for a decent woman to ask her husband for sex cos he will think she was loose and bigin to suspect her so it was decided that she be circumcised to avoid any future embarassment to her family.Mothers support it because they fear for their daughters future in the society.If men in their pride dont insist on marrying circumcised girls mothers wont insist on having their daughters circumcised i believe since circumcised women get a beter chance of marrying and the uncircumcised dispised; its only normal for a loving mother to present or encourage her daughter to do it to enable her fit into the society.If men dont demand for circumcised brides the trend will pass.I am uncircumcised and i dont feel my private part is ugly likewise the male organ circumcised or not so stop that crap about vaginal beauty besides women no dey display their vaginas for people to see how fine e dey and i never hear about prety ones .
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by spoilt(f): 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2007
@osegwu
i forgive you. grin
Re: Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? by Ollie39: 12:15am On May 31, 2007
It is barbaric, it is the worst form of touture you can put a human being through. The parents that have this done to their children need to be hung, drawn and quartered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Lovely Geles You Wouldn't Mind Wearing? / The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd / Ooni Of Ife's Aide Reacts To His Marriage Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.