Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,145 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:41 AM

The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja (47207 Views)

Offences That Will Kick You Out Of NYSC / LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara / List Of NYSC States' Orientation Camp And Secretariats Addresses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 27, 2014
Also, d biggest problem is mostly accomodation. Once u get a place u can lay ur had at night, shikena.

I stayed in zuba and most happenings r in town. So what do I do?
There r people going to work very early in d morning, I usually follow them.
In d evening, I wait at begger till bus fare has gone down(when those transporters like peace motors) r picking passengers to go to zuba.
So check out ways u can help urself.

To our young ladies, let me tell u this.
Abuja is too small. Whatever u do in area one will spread in wuse in minutes.
Its d same circle of guys that will carry u around. If u want sugar daddy stuff, u will get it but u will be ruined in a matter of months.
Evidence is in our mega churches. Go and see them with ur eyes and pinch urself hence what happened to them will happen to u.
And let me also tell u, once u r new in abuja unlike lagos, people knows. Guys knows. So be careful. U r a hot cake if u mingle well but as u continue to stay, u r termed old cargo by their standard.
Be wise and let ur spirit guide u.
U don't hv to hv godmother or father to make it in abuja. Simply be wise.

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 27, 2014
Most of those girls that influence their posting are runz girls right from their school and because of their eyes for materialism they think Abuja is a place where you pick money from the grand, only for them to come and find out that the reality is different from what they think, all corper want to serve in AMAC, not knowing its the worst LGA one can think of serving considering the transport and accommodation issues and does not pay corpers, its better to service in other local government because they pay corpers and give accommodation and except AMAC. I'm talking of 2010/2011 here in Abuja

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Elgaxton(m): 8:35am On Dec 27, 2014
PTDF in Area 11 doesn't reject corp members
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 27, 2014
corpers go through a lot...
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by pawesome(m): 8:39am On Dec 27, 2014
OP,Did u influence ur posting to ABJ? cz i knw dt upto 90% of Corps members posted dia do influence it nt to talk f been posted to a ministry n u servin in d ministry shows dt u gt long legs (according to ur post)...
So u gt gwap dt i knw buh u stil complaining f dia change dt de dnt giv..dts d tin bout corp members.we always wnt a place dt de will b paying gud apart frm d government stipend n dt kills us d more..
gt dis frnd dts complaining f Akwa Ibom nw all because she heard dt de state government do pay..nw evryday na cry she de n looking for redeployment....
so OP,to me,stop complaining n serve ur fathers land n manage d 19800 cz d moni dt de wil giv u no go change ur life
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by urchbarbie(f): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2014
This is so true! When I got d news dat I was posted to Taraba, I was sad cos I prayed to get any of d western states. Ppl whr even annoyed with me for not influencing my posting to any of d choice areas which include, Lagos, Abuja, Akwaibom, etc. I said God has a reason for everything. Now I enjoy so much in my ppa in taraba. Got posted to a Police dept. I got a selfcon furnished. And not to talk of d money I get in d office. Av seen almost as much as fedearl alowee dis december tho am still to get d monthly pay from them sha. I must confess dat so far, I don't regret staying back here. Some of my frnds in other choice states still dey find ppa. And again, am enjoying here well well.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by NifemiOlu(m): 8:46am On Dec 27, 2014
People hardly get posted to Lagos and Abuja on neutral grounds. I guess you were caught unawares that 'leg pass leg' when you got to Abuja. Good luck with NYSC, that's the part of the testimony.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by johncreek: 8:49am On Dec 27, 2014
I think its time this NYSC should be scraped out of existence and allow young graduates to seek employment on time or rather still engage themselves in business.

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Heineken(m): 8:49am On Dec 27, 2014
urchbarbie:
This is so true! When I got d news dat I was posted to Taraba, I was sad cos I prayed to get any of d western states. Ppl whr even annoyed with me for not influencing my posting to any of d choice areas which include, Lagos, Abuja, Akwaibom, etc. I said God has a reason for everything. Now I enjoy so much in my ppa in taraba. Got posted to a Police dept. I got a selfcon furnished. And not to talk of d money I get in d office. Av seen almost as much as fedearl alowee dis december tho am still to get d monthly pay from them sha. I must confess dat so far, I don't regret staying back here. Some of my frnds in other choice states still dey find ppa. And again, am enjoying here well well.
nice one Kwa.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Danbam(m): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2014
TEZT:

1. While will a federal government agency will be rejecting an NYSC corp member which also is a Federal government project?

2. Must we know someone in one of the ministries to be able to serve our father's land now?

3. How do they want us to survive without any form of inducement to corp members from some of these ministries?
U r rite tho, bt d truth is dt every1 can't serve in ABJ as a metropolitan city & every1 will also like to serve in a "Behind" place neglecting d smaller towns & dia suburbs including educational sector. In ansa to ur. Q, If every1 is aving d mentality of serving in Federal ministries & govt parastatals, & prolly bin accpted, wia r d corps members to serve in schools & oda places wia corp members r needed
Well, I'll wanna bliv dey reject mainly kos dias no "space" & tis nt compulsory dt dias any form of "inducement" b4 u serve dia....@least ur serving in a ministry, ask pple serving in rural areas & u'll appreciate ur plight
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by joethinking(m): 8:52am On Dec 27, 2014
Sorry pls where is Abuja?

I just came into Nigeria dis morning

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by urchbarbie(f): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2014
Lolx! Heineken! So true. Okwa ya?
Heineken:
nice one Kwa.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 27, 2014
Titiluvly:

A word is. enough for the wise....@Op that is Nigeria for you...Man know man...Nysc is aware of these problems but can't do anything because they are all the same..Its well Bro..We must survive..
NYSC is aware? Abi NYSC is the chief-advocate for these mess. Who collected cash and posted them to Abuja n Lagos in the first place? Lagos is even better... Abuja and PH is worse.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by CHM11: 8:56am On Dec 27, 2014
Anaskie:
Ur in Abuja and ur complaining.
Ask about those in Rivers state.

In Rivers state, all corpers with the exception of lawyers and doctors are posted to classrooms.
You'll be posted to one riverine community which is only accessible by sea to teach Further Maths to students who have no bizness being in a classroom.

Worst part is that ur not paid a dime for ur services by the state govt. So, somehow ur 19800 allowee will cover ur accomodation, feeding, transport etc.

Its even far worse if ur posted to Portharcourt where accomodation and feeding is terribly expensive. The 19800 won't even cover your transport, talkless of feeding.

Guy, thank God for dat ur Abuja abeg.

NYSC is just a total waste of time.
Don't be deceived, the Rivers state government has refused to pay corpers since batch A 2012 passed out. Amaechi is only concerned about 2015. Rivers state is one hell of. Nightmare for Corps members.

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by urchbarbie(f): 8:57am On Dec 27, 2014
weezii:
Thing is many people will wanna go to Abuja and Lagos forgetting that there's too much competition there.

Their reason is always "To get a good life and better opportunity"....

But they fail to acknowledge the fact that in such places, once you don't know someone that "is willing to help" you don't go near there.

You can still get what you're looking for in other states.

If only corpers will understand this, then the high number of corpers in such states will reduce thus reducing the challenges faced by corpers there...

Connections can be gotten anywhere you serve once you play your cards right
u av hit d nail on d head. competition. its either u knw something or u knw someone. here, for my profession, dere is zilch competition. so am highly appreciated by my boss

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by boma95(f): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2014
Raiders:
90% of corp members posted to Abuja influence or pay money to be posted to Abuja. I don't see any reason why someone would want to serve in a place like Abuja and Lagos without having plans for his accommodation and PPA. The problem with Abuja is their the number of Corpers posted there are more than the available PPA so the ones without connection get rejected. There are many states in Nigeria in need of corpers with decent accommodations and low cost of living but most corpers would rather want go serve in Abuja and lagos. I served in Enugu and it was a really nice experience for me. Most of us in Enugu got good accommodation and PPA and rejection rate was very low. Prospective corpers should stop influencing their posting to lagos and abuja without having good plans for PPA and accommodation.

plz whts ppa??
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Bibol(f): 9:14am On Dec 27, 2014
boma95:

plz whts ppa??
Place of primary assignment

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Heineken(m): 9:15am On Dec 27, 2014
urchbarbie:
Lolx! Heineken! So true. Okwa ya?
. YoU're living large. Ibola chi
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by NobleG1(m): 9:18am On Dec 27, 2014
Nigeria is a failed State.

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by boma95(f): 9:23am On Dec 27, 2014
Bibol:

Place of primary assignment

thanks tongue
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by emmaomale(m): 9:23am On Dec 27, 2014
iv4fb:
These corpers pay so much(bribe) to be posted to Abuja. Only few get there without bribe

So how come people brib their ways to get to places they know nobody?

Am currently serving in Katsina Batch C, and from the camp corps members were already redeploying cos dey want all this big cities and all that.. But i remained, i was posted to a Secondary school though, and the lodge they allocated me to was so nice, i av been paid my federal and state allowance.. So i wonder why some pple keep bribing their way out of the help from God.. Katsina has been so sweet am not regreting it.

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by godG: 9:26am On Dec 27, 2014
O corps members!

Poor grammar everywhere! And no one is worried. ***sighs

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by gimmesome(m): 9:27am On Dec 27, 2014
smiley...dnt u knw dat those big cities has little or no regards for corpers....
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Samadict(f): 9:28am On Dec 27, 2014
free2ryhme:

Be grateful seeing a place to serve. Your story is one of complain and greed than for sympathy.

Can u openly tell here u did not influence your service to Abuja. What is your business with corpers in another state?
You are all saying Abuja corpers influenced their postings. Most batch C stream two corp members didn't. Infact redeployment was too much. I didn't influence it and still dont have a PPA yet. We pick faults instead of standing together...hmmm

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by urchbarbie(f): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2014
Lol! At living large. Just ok as a corper in dis part of d worldm yea! Goodmrn
Heineken:
. YoU're living large. Ibola chi
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Naavah(f): 9:35am On Dec 27, 2014
Nawaoh. I kept my nysc in God's hands n I'm still counting my blessings. Ebonyi state is far frm home but still...........I see my mates that influenced theirs n I feel sorry for them

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Otuabaroku: 9:36am On Dec 27, 2014
I can understand that most people influenced their posting to big cities such as Abuja, Lagos and PH but it does not take out the fact that some people are genuinely posted to these places. Must these set of people be punished because of NYSC short comings? The answer is emphatic No".

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by diva2011(f): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2014
Raiders:
90% of corp members posted to Abuja influence or pay money to be posted to Abuja. I don't see any reason why someone would want to serve in a place like Abuja and Lagos without having plans for his accommodation and PPA. The problem with Abuja is their the number of Corpers posted there are more than the available PPA so the ones without connection get rejected. There are many states in Nigeria in need of corpers with decent accommodations and low cost of living but most corpers would rather want go serve in Abuja and lagos. I served in Enugu and it was a really nice experience for me. Most of us in Enugu got good accommodation and PPA and rejection rate was very low. Prospective corpers should stop influencing their posting to lagos and abuja without having good plans for PPA and accommodation.

The Eastern part of Nigeria is the best place to serve during NYSC. I also served in Enugu state, the people are caring supportive and accomodating, they respect coperswhen compared. They made me wish I had carry over in NYSC not in biochemistry courses....lol. In fact I Don't wish to end my service year then,it was fun all the way from Ogwu Camp, RCF, PET group, UNN ZIK FLAT and till 6years after. The memory can't just fade. Please stop influencing your posting to lagos and Abuja,except your relatives lives there and are capable of taking care of your responsibilities, I see copers suffering in these area.

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Heineken(m): 9:41am On Dec 27, 2014
urchbarbie:
Lol! At living large. Just ok as a corper in dis part of d worldm yea! Goodmrn
Good morning Kwa. How was ur night?
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 27, 2014
kennethchidi:
Thank God I didn't serve. Got an exemption. Meanwhile,sometimes I c some old guys and ladies still wearing dat khaki claiming to b Corpers,and ds are people am sure are above 30yrs. Does it mean dey so love ds nysc tn and den rejected to b exempted or is it dat my eyes dey deceive me with their possible age? Meanwhile,I think nysc has outlived its purpose. Its a waste of time of vibrant youths who r sent to suffer,and after d one year suffering,dwy continue to suffer without hood jobs.
God help us.
shut up!!U didn't get the exemption deliberately.U were truly over-aged before u graduated.

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Bayusity(m): 9:48am On Dec 27, 2014
What I can just say is that NYSC program is becoming scam day by day as highest percentage of corpers are suffering everywhere. Imagine, here in anambra where up to 95% were posted to teaching line and most of the schools will not even give you accomodation, they will give you condition of accepting you only if you can secure an accomodation for yourself. There is no more regard to your area of study in NYSC programme, I count NYSC program to be a scam and a waste of time. Imagine, most religion family house like NCCF, MCAN, RCF etc were crowded in Anambra capital Awka just because corpers can't afford to live on their own and the employers don't even care for the welfarism of corper. If you can not engage yourself in something profitable, I guess you will be frustrated totally for the service year except you are the one born with silver spoon. May the lord help us
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by enioluwaselore: 9:53am On Dec 27, 2014
Oh Nostalgia!

There is no time I hear NYSC that my mind is not taken back to the sweet memories of my serving experience.

My advice to prospective corp members has always been, 'Don't try to outsmart yourself, if you're posted to a nice place, enjoy it, if not, make it enjoyable' I remember telling most of my close friends not to runs their postings.

I was posted to a rural-but-not-so-rural community in rivers state then, I had hardly settled before l was informed that I was a 'Total' corper, Nice-but-not-nice-accomodation, the whole experience was an adventure. it was so sweet in fact that my colleagues who had influenced their postings to the capital city wanted to trade places.

Finally, NYSC was meant for you to come and serve your country, serve!!! Do your duties dutifully, Make an impact where you have been taken to, host community and ppa. Only God can reward you for that service, no money or cozy package can, I always told my co-corpers then, but them think say Na oversabi dey worry me. and did God reward me? Be the judge. I got a job, out of no particular connection of mine a month after pop with a multinational firm In the heart of the city. and yes, the package I was offered is as good as you think.

#Oluwanishola

Wheelbarrow Pusher, Graduate In His NYSC Uniform - Photos / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / Emmanuel Etuk: Corper's 58th Independence Day Photoshoot

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57