Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Contractors Lounge (83107 Views)

Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 / Information Marketer's Lounge (Special Thread For Info Marketer! ) / Forex EA Developers Lounge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by oabel(m): 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
Following...
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by smsdigito: 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
Wao the kind of topic i have being wishing to see on Nairaland for a long time now. Thank God for Databoy God bless you . Am following carefully.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Goodquestion(m): 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
databoy247:

What you must understand is that as a startup, you cant go ahead bidding for contracts. Bidding process is complicated to an extent and you must be in the game for a period of time to start doing that. One thing i do know is that before you submit a bid you will spend money, sometimes over N100,000. And if it didn't scale through, then you have lost some money. You must be able to handle such loss (without crying..lol).

Having verifiable work experience or previously executed jobs is still possible as a newbie. All you do is lobby for contracts that do not call for bidding. Or you work as a sub contractor under a major contractor. Let me give you an example.

I worked for an organization who was a contractor with ExxonMobil. Now sometime ago, we were called upon to submit a quote on the procurement of speed boats to be donated to a particular community as one of their CSR (Major contractors get called or emailed when there is any job, they really don't bid). After our quote has been approved and funds released, the boss called one of the managers and told him "look for someone who can help us get these speed boats according to specification". Before we submitted the quote we contacted some of our vendors who we know can give us some information, and when we got the contract, we sublet the procurement to the same vendor who gave us the right specs and prices. You see, the guy didnt actually bid for the job but he got it and he made about N1.3 million.

There are big contractors out there who are actually lazy. They keep getting jobs and then they pick upcoming guys and sublet the jobs to them. Of course you might not make millions but you are making money and more importantly, building your profile. The most important thing here is your ability to build good rapport with these guys so they can call on you for anything. Go to their offices, gist with them, send text, spend some money buying beer for some of the workers, and while doing this always whisper; "i can do this, i can do that, so call me if you need me".

**Edited**
Least i forget, i am a website designer and i have been building professional websites for contractors and corporate organizations for a while now, so if you need my help i can do something for you too (affordable). Afterall, it's one of the major prerequisites of becoming a contractor. If you can't afford to set up one (no matter how cheap i charge you), then you have no business here. Some of my clients are;

www.obrusoilservicesltd.com
www.seablueinterlogistics.com
www.theodawnltd.com
www.afrooffshore.com
www.famdoresources.com
etc.
My contact is on my signature cool

I love your post sir. Am interested in in networking around Abuja here, if you have any idea where i can acquire this knowledge pls reply me. Am into a upholstary business as well as art and print but i want to gain knowledge in networking. Thank you for the knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
MissMeiya:
I'm looking for a civil engineer in Cross River state. With construction contacts.
Please explain what you mean by "... with construction contacts" I am civil Engineer.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by ak4God(m): 2:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
databoy247:
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year celebration to all NL folks out there.

This is the official end of 2014 and it's a time of reflection on what we have achieved, what we tried to achieve (and couldn't) and what we dreamed of achieving (and didn't try). If you happen to visit this thread then you must be a businessman or an aspiring businessman, and therefore we all fall into the above categories.

There are different types of businesses;

- The buying and selling class: This is where as a businessman, you own a shop (or mobile shop) and focus on buying goods and re-selling to existing and new customers and make some profits. You don't move anywhere but focus on your business spot.

- There is also the type that owns a shop or office and render a kind of service or the other. Here you have existing customers and also new customers who walks into your shop requesting for services.

- Then you have the contractors, these are the set that seek for contracts from Governments, multinational organizations, etc. And these contracts can run into millions of naira. It can be a one-off contract or a running contract.

This thread is for existing and aspiring contractors. In 2015, do you want to become a contractor? do you want to have your own registered company and start making money as a contractor? There are rules, there are guidelines, there are processes.....when you learn these, you find yourself on the right track.

Here, you will learn how to register a company, how to register with the necessary authorities, how to package your company (even if you don't have money), what to know about PR, how to get necessary documentations, how to bid for contracts, how to network, how to identify existing opportunities, etc.

Existing contractors can join me in delivering expository information on any of the topics or sectors. So, if you want to make a difference, if you want to explore new opportunities, if you want to become a contractor, indicate your interest so i can commence. I don't want to talk to thin air.

Cheers.

@databoy
pls kindly drop your contact..it will be very useful..People like you are highly needed in our society.May God bless you abundantly.

knucmy@yahoo.com
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by nelmanco(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
May God bless u for dis eye opener....

Folynson nig ltd is a fully registered company and we are into post construction cleaning of buildings at moderate price and also we help in management of sites...
Plz if you have any building cleaning contract you can reach us on dis number 07084497926 or 08135069550...any kind of cleaning nd anywhere in Nigeria jst call us....
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by geostrata(m): 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
for your soil test, sand search, piling and geophysical exploration for groundwater contact me...check my signature.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by smsdigito: 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
Japkelly:
We all know that the JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION BOARD (JAMB) have gone fully into Computer base testing, its a nice capital intensive project.I want to erect one in Aba Abia state. I will welcome project proposal from any good contractor/Network Engineer against 2016 Examinations. The project should be concluded before the First Quarter of next yr.for approval. The following are the requirements
1. 200 desktop computer ie the computers will be networked to a central server.
2. A good server that can comfortably grant fast internet service with no Network problems
3. Soundproof generator with good voltage capacity that will serve for the entire hall
4. 5 Split AC unit.
5. Furniture ie the tables and chair roll wise 2*5*20
6. Electrical installation ie lighten point for proper Elumination
Etc.
Submit your proposal to Rivsprings@gmail.com or
call Engr K.C on +234 803 265 6558
For any more inquiries.
You didnt state the deadline for submission, is it still available?

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
Japkelly:
We all know that the JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION BOARD (JAMB) have gone fully into Computer base testing, its a nice capital intensive project.I want to erect one in Aba Abia state. I will welcome project proposal from any good contractor/Network Engineer against 2016 Examinations. The project should be concluded before the First Quarter of next yr.for approval. The following are the requirements
1. 200 desktop computer ie the computers will be networked to a central server.
2. A good server that can comfortably grant fast internet service with no Network problems
3. Soundproof generator with good voltage capacity that will serve for the entire hall
4. 5 Split AC unit.
5. Furniture ie the tables and chair roll wise 2*5*20
6. Electrical installation ie lighten point for proper Elumination
Etc.
Submit your proposal to Rivsprings@gmail.com or
call Engr K.C on +234 803 265 6558
For any more inquiries.

I look forward working with you. I called you earlier on your power options.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by azeezInfo(m): 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
I have a boss who deals strictly in contracting, you hardly meet him in the office, he has almost all his document in the car with his laptop and printer. In bids almost on the go.
9c thread indeed.

For a quality website and company profile contact me on 07018458283.
For Tax Identification Number, you can get this @FIRS through a reliable contact, if not you will be stretched beyond normal.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nice thread.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Adexprint(m): 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
Loving this thread.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by ewizard1: 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
I'm in...
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
Thanks for this informative thread. Hoping to register mine in Nigeria. For now I am into supplying manpower to Qatar and Kuwait.jst 5 months into the business. But by the grace of God this year will be a success
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by semitunde: 3:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
MissMeiya:
I'm looking for a civil engineer in Cross River state. With construction contacts.

What do you mean by "with construction contracts"?

Modified*******

I can now see its contacts not contracts. Do you need civil Engrs or you want a construction team contact, or a civil ENGR who has a construction job to help you get?

Your one sentense post can mean different things to different people.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by draggie(f): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
musb92yahooco:
As the presidential Election approaches remember these factors:
1. The Chibok Girls.
2. NNPC Scam.
3. Police pension fund.
4. Missing $20Billion.
5. $9million Arms deal.
6. Bomb Blasts.
7. Immigration job scam.
8. Petroleum pump price.
9. Dwindling external reserves
10. Oil theft.
11. Incessant Power outage.
12.ASUU & poly Strike.
13. Doctors' Strike.
14. National Assembly tragedy.
15. Stella's Oduah Aviation Scam
16. Kerosene subsidy
17. Near-empty Excess Crude Account

Abeg park well, this thread is for contractors ONLY!

They Didn't Raise 21Billion for Ebola;
They Didn't Raise 21Billion for dilapidated hospitals;
They didn't raise 21Billion for Military Weapons against Boko Haram
They Didn't raise 21Billion for children dying of Vaccine preventable disease
They didn't raise 21Billion for the homeless>:O BUT they all gathered to raise 21Billion for another 4Years of INEPTITUDE. IMPUNITY, MEDIOCRITY AND BAD GOVERNANCE.
~:-) NO WAY!!! NO MORE!!!
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by millhouse: 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
hollowing
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by smsdigito: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
ohhhh where is this databoy of a boy? we are waiting o.... come complete what you have started bro. I am sure it is well with you.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by scantee(m): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
@op God bless you nice thread. Though i just want to point out few things from ur post so far, many of what you listed (documents) here is not really neccessary for freshiers, especially the Nipex registration, i have pratically worked with at least 5 big oil coy, and still with them now, at same time my company (personal) runs a lot of contract jobs for spdc, nlng, agip, mobil, cheavelon etc without all that documents listed, and i am a bit confussed that some of the prices of some registration you mentioned differs here in Ph. Any way keep the good work coming, i will be contributing bit by bit as we progress, with time i would'nt mind given out a comprehensive contract profile for free here, it contains all the polices, method statements, it contains over 20 polices,

17 Likes

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
DPK available at tankfarm for 103, buyer sends LOI, we reply with our offer letter.Buyer comes for inspection of product,signs SPA, sends to bank and pick up product.

You can send your LOI to servintelng@gmail.com
29C3A10B
Whatsapp only:08127465565
Mr Eze Unegbu
Thanks for co-operating.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by ewizard1: 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
What a great thread... I'm sure Success lurks around somewhere here

NODES IMPRESSIONS NIGERIA
We are into Branding / Supplying of Souvenirs/Incentives for ANY event. Also Printing solutions.

●Tshirts ●Caps ●Keychains ●Wristbands ●Pens ●Lapels ●Digital Banners ●RollUp Banners ●Badges ●Lanyards ●Tags ●Office Danglers ■etc

Also ●Signs Posts (No Parkings, No Smoking, etc) ●Signs (Office Labeling etc) ●Car Branding etc

You can contact us on +2348090989821 / BBM 7FE6BAC5

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by scantee(m): 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
rydow:

How about first tile bidder that has no previously executed contracts.
How do we cope here?
many company dont really care if your first time or...e.g, Nlng and Shell. All you need to do is to register at their contractors portal with all your documents, along the line you wil get a drop down list of types of jobs that your interested in, it wil be in categories, each categories allows you to select five diffrent types of jobs/cnntracts you want, nlng makes it easy for old/prospective cnntractors, if you intent to bid for a contract in shell for the first time their process is diffrent and free, just write an application for company registration using your company letterhead, make sure your letterhead have a valid email address, attach photocopy of your cac cert, Dpr cert, passports, Vat, tax clearance cert and insurance cover, put all in an envelop and go and submit it at any shell Vendors service office, after going through your application if all your docs are ok they will send you first time user name and password to your email address, with that you can proceed to activating your account on their contractors portal online, after the activatinn your good to go, they will start sending you invitation to tender in any contracts base on your Dpr category you registred. Note all their bidding is in lumpsum, if you won any bidding ynu wil be requried to submit the breakdown of your bidding physical to their vendours office, after which comes your company profile/polices submission. Sorry i did not format the text, i'm using phone to reply this. The only problem for nlng contractor have is getting letter from the king of the community you want to execute the job.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Elcemento(m): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
This OP is da Bomb! Honestly, there's nothing like being an entrepreneur if you know what you are doing.JUST GET URSELF ORGANIZED AND WATCH FAVOUR PURSUE YOU. Thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by kokozain(m): 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
Databoy where are u sir?
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by visitor30(m): 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
@ databoy247,

Kudos for opening this thread and I want to say it's well timed for some of us.

I would like to also support what @scantee said, concerning documentation as most of them are for those already established contractors who want to bid for those bigger jobs and not for freshers.
However, I notice that you made some specifics that a fresher would need and the importance of starting small (Enterprise Level).....Nice one.

I work for an Oil & Gas servicing company in the their bidding dept and have experience in bid preparation from pre-qualification through to Commercial. Also familiar with all of those documentations you mentioned.

I and my colleague we wanna do what @Scantee is already into (set up our own personal) and we would like to draw loads of suggestions from you guys about company registration. Scantee, I sent you nairaland email message................Am also Port Harcourt base..........

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
semitunde:

What do you mean by "with construction contracts"?

Modified*******

I can now see its contacts not contracts. Do you need civil Engrs or you want a construction team contact, or a civil ENGR who has a construction job to help you get?

Your one sentense post can mean different things to different people.

Civil engineers with a (or some) construction team contact(s).

MODIFIED: In CROSS RIVER STATE
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
jcmaiah:

Please explain what you mean by "... with construction contacts" I am civil Engineer.

Where are you?
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by lozanni(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
This thread is very enlightening. I cannot wait to learn more about networking.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by ogoebube(f): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hello@ all , I work in a logistics company, in case any one need forklifts for Construction, Oil & Gas projects or Ware Housing Projects, call 08183659577. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by husu(m): 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
My company is Emepat Engineering Services Ltd. It was registered under minor Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering, Construction, procurement, Revamping and maintenance. I do detail Engineering design for Companies and after the design is approved, I mobilise my team to site for site construction works. Any like minds?
+234 8091988615
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by scantee(m): 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
visitor30:
@ databoy247,

Kudos for opening this thread and I want to say it's well timed for some of us.

I would like to also support what @scantee said, concerning documentation as most of them are for those already established contractors who want to bid for those bigger jobs and not for freshers.
However, I notice that you made some specifics that a fresher would need and the importance of starting small (Enterprise Level).....Nice one.

I work for an Oil & Gas servicing company in the their bidding dept and have experience in bid preparation from pre-qualification through to Commercial. Also familiar with all of those documentations you mentioned.

I and my colleague we wanna do what @Scantee is already into (set up our own personal) and we would like to draw loads of suggestions from you guys about company registration. Scantee, I sent you nairaland email message................Am also Port Harcourt base..........

pk bro i will check now.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nelton(m): 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
Databoy thank you very much for this thread. You are a blessing to so many people. Pls come back and tell us about networking which is key ro success in contracting business. We will also need you to place your contact here because a lot of people would love to partner with you on so many things. Once again thanks
and God bless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Man In Only Towel At Ecobank ATM Withdrawing Money (Photo) / Meet Grasshoppers Seller Who Makes ₦20,000 To ₦30,000 Daily In Kaduna (Video) / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.