Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,160 members, 7,780,131 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:05 AM

Myth About Baby Hair. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Myth About Baby Hair. (676 Views)

Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief / The Myth About Wall Geckos / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Myth About Baby Hair. by Hyinkar97(m): 10:25am On Dec 27, 2014
I have been thinking about this a lot of times. I dont know if it has only become a myth in Yoruba land, Nigeria, Africa or the World at large. Come in and share your own view.
What is the myth about baby hair? Why must it be cut after 3 months?
Re: Myth About Baby Hair. by holatin(m): 10:26am On Dec 27, 2014
where d question
Re: Myth About Baby Hair. by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 27, 2014
Hyinkar97:
I have been thinking about this a lot of times. I dont know if it has only become a myth in Yoruba land, Nigeria, Africa or the World at large. Come in and share your own view.
What is the myth about baby hair? Why must it be cut after 3 months?
The cutting, in my village is done by the mans mother. I was told it is a front for examining the baby for close family traits to know if the baby really belongs to the family as claimed by its mother.

(1) (Reply)

How Language Can Affect The Way We Think / The Ile-ife And Yoruba Of My Dream By Ogunwusi Ooni-elect / Tinubu, Madam Efunroye (ca. 1805-1887)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.