Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. (2720 Views)

To The Lovers Of Tale Of A Virgin Cougar On Nairaland... / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! / A Thread For The E-warriors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hello distinguished wordsmiths.

I was listening to some country songs last night and the depth of the messages they passed and the reflection gave me some convictions:

1: That country music is capable of making one a better thinker and writer if attention is paid to the contents and tone.

2: Country music is capable of influencing how one handle situations mildly and in a noble manner as its content is almost always sober and thought provoking.

3: The themes of most country songs are Love, Peace, War, Death etc. These characteristics are capable of improving the dynamism and excellence of a writer's idea. Most of these songs have inspirational tones.

4: Considering the dying culture of reading contents outside academic works, drawing inspiration from the content of these songs can bring the culture back to life.

5: This thread can also serve as a forum to analyse and explain the deep content of any country music brought forward by a member.

6: Country music promotes critical thinking which can enhance efficiency in solving some problems.

7: The tone of Country music mostly tilts towards the side of morality and religion. This may also help shape our religion and moral lives.

8: The approach of an average person on this forum to issues are not so encouraging. It reflects the less diplomatic and lack of respect towards the feeling of the other party. Though not conclusive, but this thread can improve member's level of diplomacy as it relates to addressing people and replying them.

I posted this on this segment because this is where I operate basically and I think that the literature section harbours people who are more civil, decorous, intelligent and cooperative.

For a start, my top 8 Country songs are:

1: Blowing in the wind by Dolly Parton
2: Rake and Rambling man by Don Williams
3: But you know that I love you by Dolly Parton
4: Gambler by Kenny Rogers
5: Silver & Gold by Dolly Parton
6: Amanda by Don Williams
7: When you were loving me by Kenny Rogers
8: To Daddy by Dolly Parton

I hope the idea is not only useful but seen as worthwhile.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by coolzeal(m): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
Country music is nice with a homely feel. I love it.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
coolzeal:
Country music is nice with a homely feel. I love it.
. Welcome friend. Let us know the ones you see as your top 5.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
Any link to download them
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
Any link to download them

I think that it is better to download through the name of the song. There are a lot of Country songs now and most are not as deep as the old ones. You may try one of the above and check other songs by those people. With time, we shall carefully pick the new ones that are worth paying attention to.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Crowny1(f): 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
My favorite country song is:
Coat of many colors by Dolly Parton
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
Crowny1:
My favorite country song is:
Coat of many colors by Dolly Parton
Yes. It is very popular. Please download "TO DADDY" by Dolly Parton, I saw her story from a perspective many did not see it. Let us see if you will observe it from my view. Here is a link: redmp3.ru/690375/dolly-parton-to-daddy.html
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Crowny1(f): 4:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hidentity:

Yes. It is very popular. Please download "TO DADDY" by Dolly Parton, I saw her story from a perspective many did not see it. Let us see if you will observe it from my view. Here is a link: redmp3.ru/690375/dolly-parton-to-daddy.html
I've heard the song already. Thats how some families end up.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
Crowny1:

I've heard the song already. Thats how some families end up.
Right. But did you observe that a sentence kept coming after each verse? Don't you think if not for that, the marriage would have stood the test of time?
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Crowny1(f): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hidentity:

Right. But did you observe that a sentence kept coming after each verse? Don't you think if not for that, the marriage would have stood the test of time?
Maybe if she had said so to Daddy he would be taken correction
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
Crowny1:

Maybe if she had said so to Daddy he would be taken correction
Whao. I like that you noticed that. Silence is not really as dignified as it is thought to be, it is destructive sometimes. The more you try to ensure some things on the ground of silence, the more it destroys in the inside.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by drizzypat: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
Why d silence since
abi no more country fans in NL?
Lets keep here rolling
listening to
brad paisely and carrie underwood-remind me
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
drizzypat:
Why d silence since

Lets keep here rolling

listening to

I was thinking people no longer listen to country music. I'm on Kenny Rogers- In the family- Don Williams. Which are your top 5 ever?
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by write2obi(m): 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
I love country songs
Here's my top 20

Gambler by kenny Rogers

Lucille By Kenny Rogers

My blue tears by dolly patron

Where those a broken heart go? By Jim Reeves

Some Broken Hearts Never Mend by don williams

I don't call him daddy by kenny Rogers

Coward of the county by Kenny Rogers

Am i loosing you by Jim Reeves

I can't unlove you by kenny Rogers

Dear heart and gentle people by Jim Reeves

He'll have to go by Jim Reeves

Please release me by Jim Reeves

Make the world go away by Jim Reeves

Then I'll stop loving you by Jim Reeves

A love song by Kenny Rogers

I believe in you by don williams

Jim was more like a gospel guy to me but all the same i think he is my all-time favorite closely followed by kenny
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by whitecloth: 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
there was this song in the life drama of Johnny cash.....
say helloooo time wasting.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by whitecloth: 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
there is also this song: island in the stream that is what we are, no one in between, how can we be wrong, stay away with me into another world........
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by whitecloth: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hello God - Dolly Parton I know a man who can - greater vision.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by write2obi(m): 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
whitecloth:
there is also this song: island in the stream that is what we are, no one in between, how can we be wrong, stay away with me into another world........
Island in the stream by queen of country dolly patron featuring the legendary Kenny Rogers cheesy
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
write2obi, I think that I will go for some in your list that I am yet to listen to. The titles look cool though.

There are some one may not like at first until one grabs the lyrics and messages.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by write2obi(m): 8:52am On Jul 26, 2015
Hidentity:
write2obi, I think that I will go for some in your list that I am yet to listen to. The titles look cool though.

There are some one may not like at first until one grabs the lyrics and messages.
You are welcomed my man. One thing i love about country is that it always has a massage for you.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by drizzypat: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hidentity:

I was thinking people no longer listen to country music. I'm on Kenny Rogers- In the family- Don Williams. Which are your top 5 ever?
im suprised well i seem to like this new country artist kacey musgraves.ive got her album,so if im to put a list musgraves tracks will make top 3,follow your arrow,merry go round,home .u should check em out,shes great

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by drizzypat: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2015
whitecloth:
i think island in the stream was sang by both kenny and dolly parton.great track
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 12:34am On Jul 31, 2015
drizzypat:
i think island in the stream was sang by both kenny and dolly parton.great track

I'll check that out too friend. Thanks
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by soulminister(m): 2:42am On Aug 01, 2015
you guys are only looking at country musicians that are still familiar. there are others that are very deep in country music but, you don't know them. Examples include;

Darius Rucker
Eddy Arnold
George Jones
Hank Williams Sr & Jr
James Otto
Jason Aldean
Jimmie Rogers
Kitty Wells
Lady Antebellum
Red Foley
Lauren Lynn
Lefty Frizzell
Luke Byran
Miranda Lambert
Toby Keith
Donny Regan

I have like 82 of their songs combined together.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
soulminister:
you guys are only looking at country musicians that are still familiar. there are others that are very deep in country music but, you don't know them. Examples include;

Darius Rucker
Eddy Arnold
George Jones
Hank Williams Sr & Jr
James Otto
Jason Aldean
Jimmie Rogers
Kitty Wells
Lady Antebellum
Red Foley
Lauren Lynn
Lefty Frizzell
Luke Byran
Miranda Lambert
Toby Keith
Donny Regan

I have like 82 of their songs combined together.

whao. Let us check them out. Though I know a few of them.
Thanks
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 02, 2015
My favorite: my home is in alabama Undercover Meanwhile back at mama's Farewell Jamaica
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Hidentity(m): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
oloyolo:
My favorite: my home is in alabama Undercover Meanwhile back at mama's Farewell Jamaica
Welcome on Board
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by drizzypat: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
oloyolo:
oh mehm
meanwhile back at mama's is one those songs u just cant forget
tim degraw and faith hill
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 12, 2015
drizzypat:

oh mehm

meanwhile back at mama's is one those songs u just cant forget

tim degraw and faith hill

When ever I listen to it it gives me this county side feeling mhen I just can't explain it makes me very imaginative
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by maputohq: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
Revive Dis Thread. I'll b back.
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by tpiander: 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
drizzypat:
Why d silence since

Lets keep here rolling

listening to

not really a Nigerian genre, where are you from?
Re: A Thread For The Lovers Of Country Music. by drizzypat: 6:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
tpiander:

not really a Nigerian genre, where are you from?

nigeria/cubian

(1) (2) (Reply)

Effect Of Social Media On Youth, Positive Or Nagative? / Without A Silver Spoon / The Office Called Sodom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.