Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

I Married My Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Married My Brother (11152 Views)

I Married Someone I Don't Trust. What's The Way Out? / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Married My Brother by ayomifull(f): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2008
Came accross this somewhere, what could possibly be the best way out?

Good Morning Steve and the Morning show family, I actually do not know where to start with my letter. I guess I will start will saying I have been in tears everyday for the last 4 months. I guess I will also start by giving you a little history. First of all, my husband and I have been married for almost 2 years. We met in college when I was a freshman and he was a junior. When we met, we realized we had a lot in common. We both grew up in the same city just on different sides of town. So we didn't know each other.We were raised by strong single black women that made sure we had the best, we were raised in the church, and we both wanted to get legal degrees. We got married shortly after I graduated college and we relocated to Chicago in hopes of attending law school. When we got to Chicago, I became a nurse instead and my husband got a position at a legal firm (long story short, we didn't make it to law school). We both are devout Christians and we have been for most of our life. We decided that in order to really move foward in our spiritual life, that we needed to forgive all the people we had problems with includeing our fathers. We didn't realize how much that unforgiveness impacted our own lives. I made it a point to forgive my father in my heart because I knew it would be difficult to find him. My husband, however, got in touch with his father and made arrangements to meet up with him when we went home for our family reunion. They decided to meet up at the park where the reunion was to be held because they felt that was a neutral spot. We went home for the family reunion in May, To my surprise, my father was there. Even though I hadn't seen him in almost 16 yrs, I knew it was him. I remembered the goal me and my husband had set for ourselves so I agreed to go somewhere and talk with him as long as we remained in the park. After about 45 minutes of catching up, I finally asked him what he was doing at the park on that day of all days. He mentioned that he was there to meet someone special in his life. I figured it was probably just another women. Just then, my husband walked up and said, I see you met my father. At that point, I did pass out (literally). I woke up in the hospital a couple of hours later. After a week, my husband went back to Chicago. I remained in our hometown with my mother. I was not ready to face all the issues on my plate and I couldn't just go back to Chicago with my husband/brother. After 3 mons, I am absolutely confused about what to do. Even though we have only been married for 2 years, we have been together for almost 5. I can't imagine my life without him. However, I get sick to my stomach when I think about the fact that I have been sleeping with my brother for so long. I know deep down it isn't really our fault. I mean we did everything right. I know the obvious thing to do is divorce him. But that is easier said than done. I am not torn between divorce and my religious beliefs because we got married under false pretenses. My problem is, I am torn between doing the obvious thing and dealing with all these emotions at the same time. Please tell me what to do. I don't think I have anymore tears left to cry.
Re: I Married My Brother by Truequest(m): 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2008
Wonders they say never end, This is Stranger than fiction !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in shock I mean total shock!!!!!!
Re: I Married My Brother by Ndipe(m): 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2008
ayomifull:

Came accross this somewhere, what could possibly be the best way out?

Good Morning Steve and the Morning show family, I actually do not know where to start with my letter. I guess I will start will saying I have been in tears everyday for the last 4 months. I guess I will also start by giving you a little history. First of all, my husband and I have been married for almost 2 years. We met in college when I was a freshman and he was a junior. When we met, we realized we had a lot in common. We both grew up in the same city just on different sides of town. So we didn't know each other.We were raised by strong single black women that made sure we had the best, we were raised in the church, and we both wanted to get legal degrees. We got married shortly after I graduated college and we relocated to Chicago in hopes of attending law school. When we got to Chicago, I became a nurse instead and my husband got a position at a legal firm (long story short, we didn't make it to law school). We both are devout Christians and we have been for most of our life. We decided that in order to really move foward in our spiritual life, that we needed to forgive all the people we had problems with includeing our fathers. We didn't realize how much that unforgiveness impacted our own lives. I made it a point to forgive my father in my heart because I knew it would be difficult to find him. My husband, however, got in touch with his father and made arrangements to meet up with him when we went home for our family reunion. They decided to meet up at the park where the reunion was to be held because they felt that was a neutral spot. We went home for the family reunion in May,  To my surprise, my father was there. Even though I hadn't seen him in almost 16 years, I knew it was him. I remembered the goal me and my husband had set for ourselves so I agreed to go somewhere and talk with him as long as we remained in the park. After about 45 minutes of catching up, I finally asked him what he was doing at the park on that day of all days. He mentioned that he was there to meet someone special in his life. I figured it was probably just another women. Just then, my husband walked up and said, I see you met my father. At that point, I did pass out (literally). I woke up in the hospital a couple of hours later. After a week, my husband went back to Chicago. I remained in our hometown with my mother. I was not ready to face all the issues on my plate and I couldn't just go back to Chicago with my husband/brother. After 3 mons, I am absolutely confused about what to do. Even though we have only been married for 2 years, we have been together for almost 5. I can't imagine my life without him. However, I get sick to my stomach when I think about the fact that I have been sleeping with my brother for so long. I know deep down it isn't really our fault. I mean we did everything right. I know the obvious thing to do is divorce him. But that is easier said than done. I am not torn between divorce and my religious beliefs because we got married under false pretenses. My problem is, I am torn between doing the obvious thing and dealing with all these emotions at the same time. Please tell me what to do. I don't think I have anymore tears left to cry.

Redundant!
Re: I Married My Brother by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2008
Hmmn. . . intresting!!

But if na me sha, na to go divorce. I mean there's nothing else to really do. Eeeiyaaah! I pitey her sha, she must really be going through hell!!
Re: I Married My Brother by cholera: 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2008
nollywood is really going places,so for all d yrs they lived together as man and wife,the guy never mentioned his dads name to her hearing abi undecided

lies oh lies

1 Like

Re: I Married My Brother by desthan(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2008
super story, nice one cool
Re: I Married My Brother by smile4kenn(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2008
we r not kids here on nairaland
Re: I Married My Brother by loisamy: 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2008
This is real nollywood infact u shld share the same surame and b4 marriage there are alot of things intending couple must know about themselves. I personally dnt believe this stroy. try harder.
Re: I Married My Brother by kokorunna(m): 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2008
What is a sad story, the honest thing is do is DIVORCE or else it will cause more damage.
Re: I Married My Brother by alfchye(m): 9:25am On Dec 17, 2008
Eh ya.Sorry babe.You should go back and continue the marriage.Just make it as if you never knew your father and life goes on.We heard that people in the middle east get married to their siblings knownly.
So yours should not be exceptional.
It is very hard to thunk of divorce.But the guy self suppose don give u belle. 2 years when una want born pikin.lmao
Re: I Married My Brother by PowerfullK(f): 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2008
This is far to believe, have you guys not discussed about your family b4, i.e mentioning names, photograph etc. you don't have to waste time divorce is the answer. poor Girl.
Re: I Married My Brother by LoveAlways(f): 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2008
This sounds like a fake story. Why would the husband say to his wife of 2/5 years "I see you've met my father" as if talking to a stranger?
Re: I Married My Brother by slimfine(f): 8:08am On Dec 19, 2008
hey this akata people, na waooh

take heart dear and get a divorce
Re: I Married My Brother by plappville(f): 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2008
what can i say lipsrsealed
Re: I Married My Brother by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
I think thats very Nice Gurl.
i love that*** kiss
Re: I Married My Brother by ifyalways(f): 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2008
Ogaga4Luv:

I think thats very Nice Gurl.
i love that*** kiss

whats nice in the story?whats there to love
@Poster,assuming its real,then Divorce is the word.
Re: I Married My Brother by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ i fyalways
c_mon baby,whats nice here is Everything about the Story!
marrying her Brother i think is so cooool shocked
if this is real then Okey, O problem
ifyalways:

Re: I Married My Brother by ifyalways(f): 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2008
alright then cheesy
Re: I Married My Brother by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2008
ifyalways:

lol, no mind am. so ppl just want to post.
Not knowing what the thread is about cheesy grin cheesy
Re: I Married My Brother by Orunmila1(m): 12:02am On Dec 25, 2008
To be honest the story is hard to believe and if its true, two people should get to share so many things duing courtship like backgrounds, surnames but if this is real, my advice is that you shouldn't allow this to crush you in no way. We are all from a single origin; ADAM and EVE apart from this fact, when CAIN killed ABEL, CAIN got married to a woman and they gave birth to ENOCH, who do you think gave birth to the WOMAN, ADAM and EVE. 1, it wasn't your intention to marry your brother and 2, if you love each other, continue with the relationship and seperating won't stop you from remembering or suffering emotionally. MY ADVICE IS BE STRONG AND MOVE ON WITH LIFE. I think you need to read Genesis to understand my biblical quotes.
Re: I Married My Brother by JJYOU: 12:06am On Dec 25, 2008
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: I Married My Brother by Thadude(m): 2:57am On Dec 26, 2008
It doesnt add up to me. How did u marry him without meeting his parents? and if u met his parents couldnt you have known his dad?, didnt u guys talk to each other e.g where u from, what kind of person is ur dad? wouldnt the characteristics of his dad have been too familiar? couldnt you have wondered about the closeness of where u guys were from? same state/county??, didnt you know, you both had same surnames?, blood they say is ticker than water, didnt you feel any emotional uneasiness or extensive likeness towards him? , science they say never lie! the blood fusion between both of you during sex should have caused a DNA semblance spark!, that would have made for an uncommon soft spot towards one another. Like i said, better told as a story, because it doesnt add up. so much unconnected dots.
Re: I Married My Brother by landwin: 1:41am On Dec 30, 2008
Still wondering if this is a fairytale or Tales by Moonlight
Re: I Married My Brother by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:55am On Dec 30, 2008
If this is real . . . . then my advice will be to follow your heart. Simple. Its easier said than done . . . shouting Divorce and all . . undecided
Re: I Married My Brother by meexteriox(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2008
@poster
My sister, let's not dilly dally on this issue anymore, just divorce him.
That's the best decision you would ever make in your life, beleive me.
Re: I Married My Brother by dellynash(f): 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2008
My dear i feel so sorry about the situation, the best thing to do is to divorce your husband there is no way u can continue in that marriage, you guys are not to be blamed its not your fault,its not easy to easily give the feelings but that is the only choice left for you. i see some guys here think this story isn't true, i don't think someone can take her time to write along story like this for the fun of it. sister take heart God will surely give u another husband. Some men too na wa born pikin for left , bornam for right
Re: I Married My Brother by bubblegum(f): 7:41am On Jan 24, 2009
hmmm dis is really sad. divorce ur husband,dats d best tin to do. jst take heart n be strong
Re: I Married My Brother by chichi34(f): 10:14am On Jan 24, 2009
First of all i want to tell you that i am very sorry.It is not your or even your husbands fault.Your father made the mistake,bcs. he never inform his son that he has a halfsister somewhere out there.Your father were more closer to your husband,so he supposed to tell him.
So now the child has fallen into the gutter.So what to do?
Both of you will never have the sister and brother feelings,bcs.both of you never grew up together.
If both of you have so strong feelings for eachother,then go ahead beeing married.

But when it comes to pregnancy,both of you have to forget it.Same blood might give a handicaped child.
The only way to have children,is to adopt them.

So,think twice.Everything is in your hands.

That is why i hate men,who sleep around and droping children everywhere,without them knowing about eachother.

Good luck,my sister.
Re: I Married My Brother by collins2: 10:41am On Jan 24, 2009
oh my dear,take heart and pray to GOD only him can show you the way out,having said that,let me say this our african men
are the the cause of cases like these,so many cases like this abound in europe,african men including nigerian men will get involved
with women, get them pregrant and then run away to africa saying a child from a white woman is not a proper child,then they go home and start raising another another family.
this is bad and we african men need to change this mentality it is evil,i know of a friend who has two kids from two different white women and left them to go to nigeria claiming he only did it to get his papers but one thing he forgets is that those children are human beings and that one day they will become something  in life look at the case of obama,i am sure obama senoir never imagined that his son would become the president of the united states such is life and mind you if not for obama strong and devoted maternal grandmother who knows what he would have turned out to be.
please we african men should stop this evil thing
Re: I Married My Brother by Sapphic: 10:26am On Jan 25, 2009
Didn't anyone tell the poster that this is not Super Story headquarters?

I have read this exact story a few times before.
Re: I Married My Brother by SeanT21(f): 10:36am On Jan 25, 2009
I feel for this woman~~Just divorce your brother/husband and Let the past be the past!!
Re: I Married My Brother by Pepeye(f): 2:52pm On Jan 25, 2009
A pathetic story, if it’s actually real undecided

this aptly reminds me of “The god’s are not to blame”

However divorce is an ordeal that isn’t optional in this case

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rediscovering Your Spouse: Sure Home Marriage Seminar / Barely And Neatly Used Uk Baby Things. / Is It Normal That I've Never Received Any Gift From Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.