Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,924 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences (34188 Views)

My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Will You Terminate Your Pregnancy If The Doctor Told You To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
I did subject mine to intense fasting and prayer
it helped,now we still have some food in the house
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by jmoore(m): 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Craving for the smell of a hegoat- Source- caller on wazobiafm

3 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
jmoore:
Craving for the smell of a hegoat- Source- caller on wazobiafm

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
Just waiting 4d day she'll b doing all those things beside me & in my house will love it 2d core. It will be fun I guess. Our neighbour then crave 4 cigarette puff-up smoke.

God Bless The Women!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by ameenahz(f): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ice cubes and anything cold. unfortunately, I haven't been able to do away with that. And fresh fish pepper soup. That one was so bad that I will force my husband to go look for it as late as 10pm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
BeeBeeOoh:
Just waiting 4d day she'll b doing all those things beside me & in my house will love it 2d core. It will be fun I guess. Our neighbour then crave 4 cigarette puff-up smoke.

God Bless The Women!!!

Honestly ehhn.. gringrin. I'm waiting for "my turn" too

As you rightly said.. God Bless The Women!!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by chronique(m): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lolz. The title of this thread should be "the unnecessary spirit of long throat that possesses women during pregnancy". How do you get to eat half of what a stranger has eaten,all because of cravings? Lord have mercy. The female anatomy is one wonderful thing men would never totally understand. grin

20 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by gmcb: 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lolz at other women's experiences. Mine are usually uneventful but my mum told me about hers. She had a craving for grilled whole chicken sold at a particular place on the island, meanwhile they lived on the mainland. she and my dad were almost at their destination when they remembered that she left water in the kettle on the gas cooker before leaving home. The craving immediately disappeared, which was more important: satisfying the craving or burning the whole house down?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
wtf am I doing here?
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by corektchic: 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mine was craving for salty foods in my first pregnancy, o! Every thing was tasteless without excess salt,lols. I also had craving for lipton tea without sugar. I could drink fifty liters of tea n milk without sugar. Anyday I dnt take it, I can't sleep. My son came out with very strong bones. His slaps could mk u cry at a year+ (jokes apart). Dis pregnancy came wt ccravings for fufu which I so detest on a normal day cos of d smell. It's so funny how ds cravings disappear the moment you offload ur kaya grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by dhabeautyjas(f): 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
very hilarious thread. anytime i remember my craving, i always laugh at myself.
i always craved noddles with palm oil and iru(locust beans), and enough rodo . the worst of all ,
i couldnt eat it if i made it mysef so dh had to always make noddles. he even knew the look on my face whenever i wanted noddles.
he will just say "iwo ati ebo ton je yi" meaning "you and this sacrifice" no infect my baby o.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Ishilove: 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
taryour:
Nice thread.

My first pregnancy wasn't funny at all o, spent first 3 months at the hospital. In that 3 months I dare not talk to anyone in the morning before I brushed my teeth,I would vomit the whole day. I onece asked my mum if I can just vomit the baby out to relieve me off the stress.

Very early in the morning I would mix a whole jug of water with a spoon of milo and take it one spoon after few minutes interval to help with the taste in my mouth. I couldn't eat much in the first 3 months cause I was really sick and vomited a lot.

After 3 months was OMG, I got a lot of energy and would do so many things. I would walk when I was supposed to take bike, I would at the bustop waiting for cheap ridiculous buses,not that I dint have enough on me oo. Lol

My cravings oo, after each anti natal visit,I go to a road side shed and order for a plate of abula( amala,gbegiri and ewedu) then top it with a bowl of ice cream. I will be so tire when I get home cause of intentional long stay waiting for bus. I just lie naked and direct the ac straight to my head.

Oh I loved boiled corn with chilled coke, I could eat over 400 naira worth at a go. Infact I begged a stranger in a public transport for boiled corn.the woman wasn't surprised,she just handed over. You needed to see how I rushed the corn like I had been starved for years,I was so happy. I had hungrily watched the woman eat her corn jejely until it got to the last piece,I couldn't bear it anymore I wanted to cry I just had to open up and beg for the corn.

Then my crave for ofada rice was something else, I could go up to 1 or 2 hour drive to get it o,with all this lagos traffic. Where ever I go, once I site it I will stop and buy oo and do take away, I even tell my hubby to get for me on his way,I will describe to him where to get it and call him to remind him so he doesn't come home telling me forgot and drove pass.

Another craving of mine was stewed snail or with vegetable,I would finished a whole pot sitting on the bare floor in just rapper alone. Then cat fish pepper soup. Ha God bless my hubby, he over tried sef.

Second pregnancy,no sickness but vomit,cravings too but more energy and experience.

Preggy is great fun. When you see your baby,nothing on earth can be compared to that joy.

*Modified* forgot to add that I hated the smell of ward rope? Chai OMG once I open a closet filled with clothes,off I go vomiting. So I just cover my nose when picking clothes to wear.
Na wa. Your own strong o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by brownlord: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
Imagine Pregnancy ( Pekin ) when dey make mama beg for food inside bus and wake the husband 3am to go buy chilled fanta, Some na buka and road side food e dey make hungry the mama.

And some people be wondering why children ( girls ) of this days don't like to cook but prefer fast food. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by manutdadex(m): 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
very funny thread...i get dis aunt dat wil crave for bird meat..i mean birds nt chicken! Strange!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Ishilove: 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
1one:

Honestly ehhn.. gringrin. I'm waiting for "my turn" too

As you rightly said.. God Bless The Women!!
Talk true. You've put a woman in the family way and she is showing you pepper, abi?
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
my cousin carved for the smell of zee soap. we just dey buy zee dey keep with nobody keeping it.
it didn't stop at that , she takes nutri C and popcorn like tomorrow no dey.
the worst of it all is that, u dare not use perfume or body spray near her. she will snap at you eh. I was overjoyed when she put to bed partially because of the baby and partially because I will now spray my perfume without anyone snapping at me.

the one that pains me most is waking me up in the middle of the nite when am about to change gear for sleep to soak abacha for her.

To all the mamas in the house, I twale 4 una...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by ireneony(f): 4:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
1one:
I didn't quite know what to title this thread, so pardon me if the topic seems a bit off. I am not married... hopefully soon, but not yet.There are many things that fascinate me about marriage, one of them is the shared pregnancy phase between couples.I put shared because quite frankly, if a wife is pregnant, the man is also "pregnant" and nothing supports this notion more than the "cravings-phase" of a woman's pregnancy.

This thread is open to everyone who has had one experience or the other with queer [Pregnancy phase] cravings, whether you're married or not, as long as you've been pregnant or know someone who has been pregnant...This thread is open.

I have heard a number of such stories and how the husband had to go through the "seven seas" just to get his woman what she craved for.

Some months ago, my Pastor was telling us about how his pregnant wife woke him up in the middle of the night and was like "Honey, I want to eat roasted corn"

A friend of mine told me about how one of her pregnant friends woke up in the dead of night, requesting for chilled Fanta.

A couple was telling a friend of mine about their own experience - It was around 3am, the man and his pregnant wife were "supposedly" sleeping. Somehow the man noticed from his sleep that there was this noise, somewhat crunchy noise coming from very close to his pillow, when he opened his eyes and turned around, he saw his wife with a tin of Bournvita, using her bare hand to take heavy scoops room the tin to chew, hence the "kreww kreww" sound he was hearing, you know how crunchy Bournvita is.

This is a very light hearted thread.

So come in and share yours, let's have a Laugh and celebrate pregnant women while we are at it

gringrin
op edit your post and define the meaning of craving not everyone will understand what you are talking about, people learn every day.
Oyah go put the meaning of craving for your post
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by babeface3: 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
sausage sausage and sausage, then gra gra gra vomit into anything near. All na blessing sha grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Kirinwa: 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
1one:

Do you get this cravings only in the middle of the night?

Has it ever happened like in the afternoon...?
Maybe you're at work and suddenly you feel like eating crayfish?

Why not onions and maggi? I can guaraantee constant supplies.

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by AriDsexy(f): 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
taryour:
Nice thread.

My first pregnancy wasn't funny at all o, spent first 3 months at the hospital. In that 3 months I dare not talk to anyone in the morning before I brushed my teeth,I would vomit the whole day. I onece asked my mum if I can just vomit the baby out to relieve me off the stress.

Very early in the morning I would mix a whole jug of water with a spoon of milo and take it one spoon after few minutes interval to help with the taste in my mouth. I couldn't eat much in the first 3 months cause I was really sick and vomited a lot.

After 3 months was OMG, I got a lot of energy and would do so many things. I would walk when I was supposed to take bike, I would at the bustop waiting for cheap ridiculous buses,not that I dint have enough on me oo. Lol

My cravings oo, after each anti natal visit,I go to a road side shed and order for a plate of abula( amala,gbegiri and ewedu) then top it with a bowl of ice cream. I will be so tire when I get home cause of intentional long stay waiting for bus. I just lie naked and direct the ac straight to my head.

Oh I loved boiled corn with chilled coke, I could eat over 400 naira worth at a go. Infact I begged a stranger in a public transport for boiled corn.the woman wasn't surprised,she just handed over. You needed to see how I rushed the corn like I had been starved for years,I was so happy. I had hungrily watched the woman eat her corn jejely until it got to the last piece,I couldn't bear it anymore I wanted to cry I just had to open up and beg for the corn.

Then my crave for ofada rice was something else, I could go up to 1 or 2 hour drive to get it o,with all this lagos traffic. Where ever I go, once I site it I will stop and buy oo and do take away, I even tell my hubby to get for me on his way,I will describe to him where to get it and call him to remind him so he doesn't come home telling me forgot and drove pass.

Another craving of mine was stewed snail or with vegetable,I would finished a whole pot sitting on the bare floor in just rapper alone. Then cat fish pepper soup. Ha God bless my hubby, he over tried sef.

Second pregnancy,no sickness but vomit,cravings too but more energy and experience.

Preggy is great fun. When you see your baby,nothing on earth can be compared to that joy.

*Modified* forgot to add that I hated the smell of ward rope? Chai OMG once I open a closet filled with clothes,off I go vomiting. So I just cover my nose when picking clothes to wear.

I really enjoyed reading ur post and that of Efemena...I hope I don't have ur kind of cravings when I get pregnant o.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Dapresident(m): 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
As for me I craved for a lot, such as, chicken n chips. It was so bad dt a frnd had to get it for me @ KFC Ibadan n brought it to Ife for me. I so much craved for party or function rice, n since I hardly go to parties I made do wit vendors specially one woman who sells in ma street. I could even buy food frm any one to d extent I bought cooked food in d market n even eat rice sitted on d main road. Hnmm ok, I do crave for drinks. N my husband had to go buy me food several times frm different mama put as long as dey had wat I want. D list is endless jare.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Abduletudaye(m): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
taryour:
Nice thread.

Na you experience pass ooo! Kai..I laugh die! All these ya craving eh..hehe.. grin...if the woman sabi say u need that corn, she for give u everything...hehe...
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
lol dnt be surprised if ur baby's cravings turned out to be his favourite food
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by mary84(f): 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
My own experience was that I can't eat chicken or even meat which I loved most my hubby would finish everything while I watch him but loved ofada rice during my first trimester and can't even withstand the taste of any stew with tomatoes. But after first trimester I fell in love with shawama,pepper soup,oha soup,afang,ofe akwu on rice cos I hate stew but can't do without fried plantain and egg even in d middle of the night but I don't eat when its late God bless every mothers and mothers to be

2 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by BABAAGBALABA: 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
After readings , all dat is going tru my mind is how to give Shalewa belle ,run away and come back to hear the story

4 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Jamean(f): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
My mum always share the story of how she always had severe cravings to drink garri when she conceived me, irrespective of what she cooked.

A neighbour noticed and told her it was gonna cause dandruff on the baby's scalp. She ignored it and went on drinking garri angry

She said 3weeks after I was born, while bathing me, she discovered a plethora of dandruff on my scalp embarassed

Fast forward till now, I have battled with dandruff like someone trying to treat cancer, yet not much result.

Moral : you will have cravings during pregnancy, but watch it, 'cause they may have adverse effect on you and your baby.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
ireneony:
op edit your post and define the meaning of craving not everyone will understand what you are talking about, people learn every day.
Oyah go put the meaning of craving for your post

Nairaland's craziest, most volatile and troubleshooting sweetheart quotes me gringrin
How you doing ma.. Hope your ministry is moving grin

Well you know how we say on Nairaland...If you don't know the meaning of cravings... Go and do the needful grin

Google it

8 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by benuejosh: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jamean:
space-booking, God is watching
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ishilove:

Talk true. You've put a woman in the family way and she is showing you pepper, abi?

Loool.... Naaah. You know me.... I'm too cool for that.grin

Why put her in the family way when I can have the family in my hands by marrying her.grin
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by darepoju(m): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
too funny
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by DrGill(m): 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
well...i experienced a stresful one frm my brodas wife,my broda got dis exact contract & he had to go overseas. to cut story shut, my brodas wife almost squized d life out of me,she would wake up probably 2am, sumtyms 3.30am & tell me to prepare potato poridge wit pepper soup,sumtyms, tuwo, indomie nd ewedu(yes, indomie nd ewedu,.lolz) nd all of it dat amazed me wat dat she loved video games especialy soccer (FIFA13 then),chai she sabi play am die,always uses REAL MADRID,we can play togeda for long while ,wen i get slipy,datz wen she goes off to her room maybe to slip nd anoda funny tin is dat i ran all erand she sent me, eida to market or oda places ..chai ..fun filled GOD BLESS WOMEN

18 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Jamean(f): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
tongue and you are His eyes tongue

benuejosh:
space-booking, God is watching

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late / Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah / Derick Omari Shows His Mother As He Meets Queen Elizabeth - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.