Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences (34187 Views)

My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Will You Terminate Your Pregnancy If The Doctor Told You To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by mencade4: 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
dechandel:
You never stop to dey smoke that thing abi?
...i dont quarrel on tuesday. Check me for my lodge later....i have somtin for youtongue
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by toragema(f): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
Workfromhomebiz
Time is a valuable resource,companies pay employees for exploiting their time. Entrepreneurs own their Time.Join my team to work from home and own your time ,BE your own Boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by smartmom(f): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
GODWINGODSON:

Sis you be idoma too?

Yesso. Oyinem na wea ne?

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
dechandel:
You never stop to dey smoke that thing abi?

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by soonest(f): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mine was amala and ewedu in one buka close to my office. Oh gosh! I can't even imagine it, the craving, as in every afternoon i must send an attendant to buy it for me. Ordinarily you can't catch me eating amala. Also if i never drink chilled/blocked sprite at least once a day i will be feeling out of place. Pregnancy nawa.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by imurboss: 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
Presently pushing my truck now grin & I always like going to parties just because of party jollof rice, I also like eating amala + ewedu + goat meat, then I like taking garri too. Don't know if my cravings will still change though,but for now that is it. In my previous preggy I always craved for cooked corn, I always buy from one particular lady by the road side whenever I close from work. I ate corn to the extent that when I gave birth the lady bought a gift for my baby grin, I found that to very funny. But after I gave birth,u dare call me to come & eat corn & I will be like what's that grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by dechandel(f): 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
Amefrica:

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Boo. kiss

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by dechandel(f): 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
mencade4:
...i dont quarrel on tuesday. Check me for my lodge later....i have somtin for youtongue
Sorry
I dont visit guys

#newyearresolution grin
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by mencade4: 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
dechandel:
Sorry
I dont visit guys

#newyearresolution grin
u dont visit guys but u need to visit me....after u said u dont double date..... cool

wat of dat tin wey i ask you na. tongue
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
dechandel:
Boo. kiss

Howdy hon.? smiley
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by euphorbia(f): 8:35am On Dec 31, 2014
I ve noticed that there is a connection btw pregnancy and cravings for amala with eweduand gbegiri and corn.I had it too.especially @ mamaput.I wake up in the middle of the night to think of how I ll plan my day to get to a particular mamaput or cornseller

4 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by ffo(m): 9:47am On Dec 31, 2014
thanks op for this thread. it will really help me.i was showing my wife yesterday, she was just laughing. although her preg is still in d early stage, it will help me help to be at alert and b prepared for any kind of cravings. thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 11:34am On Dec 31, 2014
ffo:
thanks op for this thread. it will really help me.i was showing my wife yesterday, she was just laughing. although her preg is still in d early stage, it will help me help to be at alert and b prepared for any kind of cravings. thanks

You're veeeeerrry welcome smiley

I think the common denominator for most cravings is " PEPPER " so I'd suggest you buy a bag and store.

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by GODWINGODSON(m): 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2015
smartmom:

Yesso. Oyinem na wea ne?
*scratches head* I can't speak it I was born in Bauchi and grew up in Abuja
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by smartmom(f): 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2015
GODWINGODSON:

*scratches head* I can't speak it I was born in Bauchi and grew up in Abuja

Eiyahh Idoma in a foreign land ba? Have cousins that were born in Bauchi too. They relocated after so many years there.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by CoCoLav(f): 7:38am On Jan 02, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
I also love that after-rain smell of tarred roads or cement.

Me too!

And I thought I was crazy smiley
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1miccza: 7:52am On Jan 02, 2015
Hmmm after reading through all these experiences can't help but laugh myself to tears,I think there might be some psychology to this situation. GOD BLESS THE WOMEN!!!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1miccza: 7:58am On Jan 02, 2015
Chinoble:
Is not easy o. My big sis own na to follow follow the hubby up and down, dey pinch am ontop. To the extent that the hubby had to hide everyday in other to go to work.
Always stealing meat frm the pot and begging strangers even what we ve in the house.
Last year, my preg neighbour came to ask me the soap we(my bro n I) are using to bath, i was surprised and i told her eva soap. She said: plz auntie Amaka, help me change the soap i no like the smell @ all. Hmmm i was like....r u serious!?(i wonder how the soap smell take reach their own apartment ) She said yes, plz u can use lifebouy, that soap they r showing in TV. I went to the market the next day, got the lifebouy, after using it, next thing she is @ my door again! Auntie plz dis one is the worst! I cnt enter my room again, go back to eva or even iris spring no dudu osun..........lol
later dat day, the hubby told me that they ve used almost all the soap in market but the wife liked none. Now they r using B29 soap to bath.

Wonder How mine will be like. The follow follow, pinch pinch hubby own will be better.

After Taryour's experience,this is something else..hahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1miccza: 8:11am On Jan 02, 2015
Does it mean that there's a connection between what the woman hates before pregnancy and what she craves for during pregnancy??
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by udysweet(f): 10:57am On Jul 05, 2015
Chinoble:
Is not easy o. My big sis own na to follow follow the hubby up and down, dey pinch am ontop. To the extent that the hubby had to hide everyday in other to go to work.
Always stealing meat frm the pot and begging strangers even what we ve in the house.
Last year, my preg neighbour came to ask me the soap we(my bro n I) are using to bath, i was surprised and i told her eva soap. She said: plz auntie Amaka, help me change the soap i no like the smell @ all. Hmmm i was like....r u serious!?(i wonder how the soap smell take reach their own apartment ) She said yes, plz u can use lifebouy, that soap they r showing in TV. I went to the market the next day, got the lifebouy, after using it, next thing she is @ my door again! Auntie plz dis one is the worst! I cnt enter my room again, go back to eva or even iris spring no dudu osun..........lol
later dat day, the hubby told me that they ve used almost all the soap in market but the wife liked none. Now they r using B29 soap to bath.

Wonder How mine will be like. The follow follow, pinch pinch hubby own will be better.
Lmao! Am sorry for re opening this thread, I badly needed to laugh cos I was discussing it with a friend. One of my best threads ever! Hahaha
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by firsttymum(f): 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
I'm seeing this thread for the first time... I cant stop laughing.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by ozycy: 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
Jamean:
My mum always share the story of how she always had severe cravings to drink garri when she conceived me, irrespective of what she cooked.

A neighbour noticed and told her it was gonna cause dandruff on the baby's scalp. She ignored it and went on drinking garri angry

She said 3weeks after I was born, while bathing me, she discovered a plethora of dandruff on my scalp embarassed

Fast forward till now, I have battled with dandruff like someone trying to treat cancer, yet not much result.

Moral : you will have cravings during pregnancy, but watch it, 'cause they may have adverse effect on you and your baby.
are you kidding me? And I ve been drinking garri and beans since this pregnancy like no man's business. Dandruff ke, Chai I must stop if this is true ooo
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by tatacherie: 11:26am On Jul 22, 2015
Lolzzz!!! I think I'm having a first class honours too for drinking garri with fish in dis pregnancy. grin Hehehe i can sneak outta bed to drink garri at midnight while hubby snors on embarassed.Drandruff run far awaaaay from my baby.what u say n believe is wat sticks. smiley
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Lumpyy(f): 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
Chei,i envy everyone that has cravings oo,i dont even like any food,my mouth tastes bad and i wish i knew what to do to reduce it,am jist 7weeks gone and its my 3rd preggies! undecided
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by ify84(m): 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
Even me, I don de sick join my wife.. This first trimester no b am o

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by julietchic(f): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
ify84:
Even me, I don de sick join my wife.. This first trimester no b am o

Na so.....before nko?
congratulations man
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by ify84(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
julietchic:

Na so.....before nko?
congratulations man

Lol , I wasn't aware of all these before now o , well, it's good news still . Thanks
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by successnwa(f): 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
Chai wonderful experiences grin

My first pregnancy was fun lol, I never threw up or fell sick. First trimester was sleeping, the sleeping levels fear my hubby. Before he goes to work, he will make sure i lock the gate before leaving, reason is that while sleeping even I was moved to the moon I couldn't know nor wake up.

As soon as he goes out, I will sharply prepare peppered noodle. I goes to sleep immediately with noodle, white agidi, bread and tea, pop corn cooked groundnut beside me. When i roll over i will help myself with some. I will sleep till hubby comes back and knock on the gate. cry

At second trimester the sleeping stops miraculously. It was then a new episode of mama blessing jellof rice, her place is very far from my house. I don't miss her rice every noon two plate with chilled Malta Guinness and our local drink kunu (aya) at a go. lipsrsealed embarassed

I remember hubby and I strolling on the street at third trimester, I perceived the smell of cooked corn I stopped. Hubby asked what is it, is the baby coming . I ignored him,i start following and tracing where the aroma of the cooked corn is coming from. I stopped eventual relieved I have found the place, it was at a provision store. I greeted her,
She said wetin you wan buy
I told her I won buy cooked corn oo
She replied, I know dey sell corn oo, na my family night food oo.
I didn't know what else to do, meanwhile hubby was looking at me astonished, like is this lady OK God let her off load sharply.
I start begging this woman for the cooked corn even do is the smallest, or anyhow.
She laughed and gave me three at a go. I didn't waste time start eating it.
Hubby said you are not eating that on the street and follow me.
I laughed and said obim watch and see. I ate it like two months starved person, like my life depends on it.

I will come back with my second and third experiences.

One love

12 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
So on point.....grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by cococandy(f): 1:14am On Jul 26, 2015
cheesy

Aww. What women go through sha.
successnwa:
Chai wonderful experiences grin

My first pregnancy was fun lol, I never threw up or fell sick. First trimester was sleeping, the sleeping levels fear my hubby. Before he goes to work, he will make sure i lock the gate before leaving, reason is that while sleeping even I was moved to the moon I couldn't know nor wake up.

As soon as he goes out, I will sharply prepare peppered noodle. I goes to sleep immediately with noodle, white agidi, bread and tea, pop corn cooked groundnut beside me. When i roll over i will help myself with some. I will sleep till hubby comes back and knock on the gate. cry

At second trimester the sleeping stops miraculously. It was then a new episode of mama blessing jellof rice, her place is very far from my house. I don't miss her rice every noon two plate with chilled Malta Guinness and our local drink kunu (aya) at a go. lipsrsealed embarassed

I remember hubby and I strolling on the street at third trimester, I perceived the smell of cooked corn I stopped. Hubby asked what is it, is the baby coming . I ignored him,i start following and tracing where the aroma of the cooked corn is coming from. I stopped eventual relieved I have found the place, it was at a provision store. I greeted her,
She said wetin you wan buy
I told her I won buy cooked corn oo
She replied, I know dey sell corn oo, na my family night food oo.
I didn't know what else to do, meanwhile hubby was looking at me astonished, like is this lady OK God let her off load sharply.
I start begging this woman for the cooked corn even do is the smallest, or anyhow.
She laughed and gave me three at a go. I didn't waste time start eating it.
Hubby said you are not eating that on the street and follow me.
I laughed and said obim watch and see. I ate it like two months starved person, like my life depends on it.

I will come back with my second and third experiences.

One love
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by cococandy(f): 1:15am On Jul 26, 2015
MsPat:
So on point.....grin grin grin
very funny cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
hmmmm,when my aunty was Peggy (am her carbon copy) her cravings were weird. She was always craving for ice cream and catfish pepper soup.And she enjoyed walking a lot.My face suffered because she was always popping pimples that would almost bring tears to my eyes.I really danced for Joy when she gave birth........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah / 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late / Derick Omari Shows His Mother As He Meets Queen Elizabeth - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.