Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors (3777 Views)

Husband Coming To Living Room With Only Boxer When There Are Visitors / Your Opinion On A Woman That Has Not Visited Her Husband's Village For Once / Your Opinion On Weekend Husbands. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by usermane(m): 6:35am On Dec 28, 2014
How do you feel about unexpected visitors? I mean visitors or guests that suddenly knock at your door without prior notice.

In such cases, you may find yourself unprepared for them. Your house may be untidy or you may look shabby. Your privacy may be invaded, for instance, you may be having a good time with your spouse or date, you may be half-way into dinner or laundry or you may be weary and sleepy.

Thus, let us have your views. Are you open to such visits, do you mind returning such visit and how do you react to such visit?
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Hazardd(m): 7:13am On Dec 28, 2014
observing...
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Hazardd(m): 7:14am On Dec 28, 2014
jesus will be coming like a thief
so you have to be prepared all the time
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 28, 2014
I don't let them in, you can't get into my house without my permission or uninvited.
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Hazardd(m): 7:23am On Dec 28, 2014
aisha2:
I don't let them in, you can't get into my house without my permission or uninvited.
awww..thats so rude na..,
assuming is somebody you haven't seen for a longtime?
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 28, 2014
Hazardd:

Rude how? What happened to your phone! Crashing into my privacy is not rude abi? Inform people give them notice, know their plans dont show up and force your way in, its not a jungle
I dont do eye service displease my self to satisfy anyone, be boiling inside while fake smiling outside. I no dey abeg life is too short.
People should learn to do the right thing abeg

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by usermane(m): 7:29am On Dec 28, 2014
aisha2:

Rude how? What happened to your phone! Crashing into my privacy is not rude abi? Inform people give them notice, know their plans dont show up and force your way in, its not a jungle
I dont do eye service displease my self to satisfy anyone, be boiling inside while fake smiling outside. I no dey abeg life is too short.

I can see that. Only bold people can respond likewise. Some people don't mind, while others invite you in but treat you with lesser attention or hospitality.
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Tallesty1(m): 7:59am On Dec 28, 2014
aisha2:
Really? So any person coming to your house must inform you b4 coming?

Nawa oo
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Wendy80(f): 8:19am On Dec 28, 2014
Most pple who show up like that are usually not really close to you.
Depending on WHO d person is, I can peep and ignore.

Some will even say 'I just de pass ur estate I say make I greet U'
And u will be expecting them to leave immediately but for where.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by chival(f): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2014
@aisha: I am giving you an e-hifive now. Hubby once dragged me to go visit some friends without prior notice. I didn't approve and said so, and when we got there, I could tell the couple we went to see would have preffered we informed them of our intention to visit.

If a guest turns up uninvited in my home, I'd probably let him/her in but with a subtle "You should have let me know you were coming"

Anyway, its the naija way.
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2014
grin usually i don't get uninvited visitors at school because they have to call me before i can sign them up. As for my father's house, i will just welcome you but i will put on boring channel on and go back to whatever i was doing hoping that you will eventually cut your visit short and just leave.
I know its rude, but it will teach that person to give notice before he/she comes again next time. cheesy I never make surprise visits to people's houses

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by taryour(f): 9:55am On Dec 28, 2014
Nobody likes uninvited guests and are not expected to be entertained. If you come visit me without my notice,I will let you in but you will almost regret not informing me of your visit.

First I wouldn't offer anything,not even drinking water. I would concentrate more on playing with my kids or browsing rather than gist or ask you any questions. Infact I wunt even ask the reason for your visit or ask about your family or business.

If I happen to be in a bad mood when you arrived,I will just leave you in the sitting room and go into my room with my kids. Am sure when you are ready to leave you will call my name to come lock the door. Gaskia!
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 28, 2014
Wendy80:
Most pple who show up like that are usually not really close to you.
Depending on WHO d person is, I can peep and ignore.
Some will even say 'I just de pass ur estate I say make I greet U'
And u will be expecting them to leave immediately but for where.

Thank God for my estate, no one will even let you pass the gate without confirmation from the house owner.

The day I decide to roam nake-d in my house is the day you decide to crash in
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by usermane(m): 10:09am On Dec 28, 2014
chival:
@aisha: I am giving you an e-hifive now. Hubby once dragged me to go visit some friends without prior notice. I didn't approve and said so, and when we got there, I could tell the couple we went to see would have preffered we informed them of our intention to visit.

If a guest turns up uninvited in my home, I'd probably let him/her in but with a subtle "You should have let me know you were coming"

Anyway, its the naija way.

Thank you. I think even you the visitor will benefit from notifying your host, shortly before visiting. Imagine entering the house to meet your host busy with other visitors. It create an hectic situation for anyone, whether the visitors or the host.
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by EfemenaXY: 10:19am On Dec 28, 2014
taryour:
Nobody likes uninvited guests and are not expected to be entertained. If you come visit me without my notice,I will let you in but you will almost regret not informing me of your visit.
First I wouldn't offer anything,not even drinking water. I would concentrate more on playing with my kids or browsing rather than gist or ask you any questions. Infact I wunt even ask the reason for your visit or ask about your family or business.
If I happen to be in a bad mood when you arrived,I will just leave you in the sitting room and go into my room with my kids. Am sure when you are ready to leave you will call my name to come lock the door. Gaskia!

Tut, tut, tut.

Taryour, that's sooo rude and totally unlike you.

Would you really do this to someone, say an elderly relative whose travelled all day via bus from the village, just to see you?

Say, one of either yours or hubby's grandparent? You honestly expect someone from that generation to even know how to use a mobile phone, much less book an appointment with you, oyinbo style?

Abeg, let's get real jare. You nor fit do am. Now how d'you say "you nor fit" in Yoruba? cool

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by EfemenaXY: 10:23am On Dec 28, 2014
aisha2:

And would you extend this treatment to your mother, father, MIL, and/or FIL if they drop by unannounced, without prior notice?

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by taryour(f): 10:33am On Dec 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Tut, tut, tut.

Taryour, that's sooo rude and totally unlike you.

Would you really do this to someone, say an elderly relative whose travelled all day via bus from the village, just to see you?

Say, one of either yours or hubby's grandparent? You honestly expect someone from that generation to even know how to use a mobile phone, much less book an appointment with you, oyinbo style?

Abeg, let's get real jare. You nor fit do am. Now how d'you say "you nor fit" in Yoruba? cool

Hmmmm my big sister I dey o,how are you and all yours? Haaa when it comes to my in laws or my parents I no fit o. Who born me but really they call me o cause they don't like it either.

I fit do am oo, have done it to my sister before. She called me and I told her I wouldn't be home,she knew I was lying so she came. I wasn't in a good mood so lied to her and when she came that was exactly what I did. I left her in the sitting room and went into my room. She slept off on the couch and when she woke up she ate and left.

I could be over friendly and jovial and at the same time very hard and cold. My staffs do say am too strict when its time for work,but the few ones that know me outside work know its fun with me.
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2014
Once they are not relatives, i peep and retreat into my house.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by EfemenaXY: 10:58am On Dec 28, 2014
taryour:

Hmmmm my big sister I dey o,how are you and all yours? Haaa when it comes to my in laws or my parents I no fit o. Who born me but really they call me o cause they don't like it either.

Ah!

Now you're talking, my sister. grin

My dear, wė're all good. Hope your xmas went well?

Oya, answer my last question na. How do you say, "you nor fit" in Yoruba? cool tongue
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Hazardd(m): 11:04am On Dec 28, 2014
aisha2:

rude as in not leting them in. Most you expect everybody coming to your house to always inform you first before you let them in.is better you give them lesser attention than not letting them in. You must always expect 'surprise visiting' every time.
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Hazardd(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2014
aisha2:

Thank God for my estate, no one will even let you pass the gate without confirmation from the house owner.

simply because you are roaming naked in your house that why they must always inform you first lol
You are the type that they rarely visit.
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Hazardd(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2014
aisha2:

just because you are roaming nake.d in your house dont give you the quaranted to be inform all the time.
You are the type that they rarely visit.
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by taryour(f): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Ah!

Now you're talking, my sister. grin

My dear, wė're all good. Hope your xmas went well?

Oya, answer my last question na. How do you say, "you nor fit" in Yoruba? cool tongue

My xmas went well o to God be the glory.

"You nor fit" in yoruba is " o too be e"

Choi I don kill yoruba finish oo. I no fit write in yoruba o and can't read much either. Pardon me. Abeg aunty chaircover come help me out here. *winks*

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by EfemenaXY: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2014
taryour:

My xmas went well o to God be the glory.

"You nor fit" in yoruba is " o too be e"

Choi I don kill yoruba finish oo. I no fit write in yoruba o and can't read much either. Pardon me. Abeg aunty chaircover come help me out here. *winks*

Ah!

"O too be e" eh?

Gonna use that on my sagalicious Sagamite next time I see him. Thanks! cheesy grin
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by taryour(f): 11:31am On Dec 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Ah!

"O too be e" eh?

Gonna use that on my sagalicious Sagamite next time I see him. Thanks! cheesy grin

Lol. You and this your shaggy bobo. That Sagamite is one hell of a funny guy.

Have fun sis, nothing do you.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by SAMBARRY: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2014
Hazardd:

but it's not rude for people to come into your house before prior notice in the era of cell phones. If there were no cell phones now I I can understand.

The people who have tried that with me went back to their house the same way they came and I am so not sorry about it so if you know sambarry well you call and I'll check my itinerary whether i will be free that day
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Richy4(m): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2014
one thing I missed about Nigeria
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by lilmax(m): 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
aisha2:

Rude how? [b]What happened to your phone! [/b]Crashing into my privacy is not rude abi? Inform people give them notice, know their plans dont show up and force your way in, its not a jungle
what happened in the olden days when there were no phones?
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by lilmax(m): 12:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
SAMBARRY:
but it's not rude for people to come into your house before prior notice in the era of cell phones. If there were no cell phones now I I can understand.

The people who have tried that with me went back to their house the same way they came and I am so not sorry about it so if you know sambarry well you call and I'll check my itinerary whether i will be free that day
so you mean you can send a 50 year old back to his house?
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by SAMBARRY: 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
lilmax:
so you mean you can send a 50 year old back to his house?
if I peep through the hole of my door or peep through my curtain and it's a close relative he or she can enter like my parents or siblings parents. The rest will sleep there
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

And would you extend this treatment to your mother, father, MIL, and/or FIL if they drop by unannounced, without prior notice?

My in laws are not visitors but family. They can visit anytime same way i visit them anytime
Re: Your Opinion On Unexpected Visitors by lilmax(m): 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
SAMBARRY:
if I peep through the hole of my door or peep through my curtain and it's a close relative he or she can enter like my parents or siblings parents. The rest will sleep there
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". / My Father Died Of An Extra-marital Affair. Fela Durotoye / What Is The Best Approach To Catch A Cheating Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.