Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? (57230 Views)

Poll: Waist beads and chains are:

Attractive: 81% (135 votes)
Repulsive: 18% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

With WAIST TRAINERS, Where Do The Organs Go? / Naija Santa On Beads And Aso Oke Attire (pics) / Nigerian Girl With Waist-long Hair (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by EmemJU(f): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2006
On camp(NYSC), a girl was upset by my waist chain and told me it's wrong. If one can wear chains and beads on the neck, wrists, ears and ankles, what's wrong with the waist?
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by iice(f): 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2006
First are you male or female? Coz i know females are usually the ones who wear them. If you're male, well maybe you can start a new trend, though i don't know how successful that would be.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by EmemJU(f): 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2006
I'm female and my guy just loves the stuff on me.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by ikamefa(f): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2006
Aint nuffin wrong with waist beads or chain, like the saying goes on mans meat is anothers poison so, people  always fear what they do not know.

African women have worn waist beads for ages, and  would continue to wear them, they have various uses and meaning to the  different  tribes in Africa.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by iice(f): 8:49am On Aug 15, 2006
My dear, you're female, its nothing new, women have been wearing them for ages, i wear waist beads too, been wearing them for years so dnt worry girl, there's nothing wrong with it. do ya thing grin
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Cleofel(f): 4:00am On Aug 27, 2006
i also dont know what waist beads are meant for,my mum has it for a long time and i have been wondering why she has that thing on for a long time.
my friend gave me one but i dont use it cuz i still dont know the meaning of that.
but i have a body chain so i wonder if they are the same.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by classiqkid(f): 12:51am On Sep 01, 2006
I dunno wuts wrong with it either jare.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by mamaput(f): 9:46am On Sep 01, 2006
Nothing wrong with it
when i was young i used towear one on my ankle , till my fathers sister told him only prostitutes do that.
After that faithful day i just waited till i steped out of the house to put it on.
People will always talk even about the kind of earring you wear.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by desiree(f): 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2006
Waist beads are the thing now, a couple of my friends wear them, they claim it brings out your figure and booty. Personally, i can't wear them!!!
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by donmayor(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2006
If there's nuttin wrong with it, whats right with it? It enhances nuttin, anyone dat says it brings out booty and figure is just makin lame reasons. Vanitysmiley

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Wumine(f): 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2006
there is nothing wrong with it. i think its kinda seeeexxxxxyyyyyy cooooooooollll! cool
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Seun(m): 1:05am On Jan 10, 2007
Waist beads are ok, provided that they can be removed when circumstances recommend their removal. wink
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by bluebells(f): 9:51am On Jan 16, 2007
waist band is a trend in town, so girls if u love it then wear it. it's ur body, be trendy, be cool n be urself, funny enough i dont wear them but i do admire them .
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Eurphoria(f): 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2007
some cultures in Africa and many indian women use it as a tool to know when they are putting on weight. the tightier the beads become, you instantly know to slow down on the eating. I think it is genius cos sometime we pile on the pounds and then one day bang you dont recognise who is starring you in the mirror.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2007
weird I was told it was a sign by young woman to show "potential mates" their fertility.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Eurphoria(f): 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2007
TOH
many cultures use the beads than you know, and for many many reasons. the one u stated i have heard of .
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:44am On Apr 28, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin
there is nothing wrong with it al all
infact i use them.
it make u look sexy grin tongue

Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Cadet(f): 4:09am On Apr 29, 2008
Not into it. The only jewelry I prefer is earring grin
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by josely: 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2008
Almost all infants (both boys and girls) in India get their gold/silver waist chains on the 28th day (after the birth) when the parents name the child, and although some children may take it off some time before they become adults, most women and some men will continue to wear it (depending on which region they live) even as adults. You can buy gold and silver waist chains for both men and women in any jewelry shop in India. Many carvings and sculptures in India show both men and women with waist chains and anklets, etc., seems such a fashion was also common in Ancient India. Also for example, people in Maldives (again both men and women) wear silver waist chains. Wearing waist chains is well accepted (and like in Maldives, it is expected) in many cultures.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by leeroywill: 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2008
it makes y"all look PROMISCUOUS!!!
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by blackracle(m): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2008
leeroywill:

nope,it doesn't.
i love them beads on the waist.gets my heart pumping and really turns me on smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by mekk(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2008
sure, it really looks kool and sexy on gals that I've seen wearing them.but for naija,na only Asewo/Karua dey wear am ooooh, grin grin grin
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by nwakaibe(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2008
cool it's part of our culture for women to wear jigida or esuru on their waists. so what is repulsive about wearing them. haba
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Funmi124(f): 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2008
well we all have different hobbies, what i want/like may be different from another person else, as for me i like wearing beads on my hear, hand and neck but i don't and will never wear it on my waist.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2008
I love beads, head, neck, waist, legs everywhere. I dont think anybody can convince me its wrong.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Esss(m): 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2008
I love them beads. That stuff is kinda cool esp. when you are doing grown up stuff.

It's a turn on for me. grin
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2008
Aren't beads part of Naija culture. . .

From my house in naija. . . beads are very important part of our fashion. . . we have to, have to wear the beads during a celebration . . .my grandma always pestering me to wear it. . .ile oba undecided

I have a whole bunch of beads over stack in a box at my mom's home. . .

especially the necklace beads
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by ikamefa(f): 7:47pm On Jun 11, 2008
leeroywill:

shocked huh? abeg which century are you from?

waist beads are gorgeous
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by darqly(m): 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2008
I think they are just lovely,makes a woman damn sexy!!
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by tinkinfela(m): 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2008
everything's wrong with it especially when its the locally made ones.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by buttyelele: 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2008
Some believe the use of waist bead is related to science, you know, some fetish reason . A friend of mine couldnt penetrate a lady until he removed the bead, i also heard a guys thing never came up as long as the bead was on.

since then i have avoided girls that used it, cos i know its possible in nigeria.
Re: What's Wrong With Waist Beads And Chains? by MethodMan3(m): 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2008
buttyelele:

Some believe the use of waist bead is related to science, you know, some fetish reason . A friend of mine couldnt penetrate a lady until he removed the bead, i also heard a guys thing never came up as long as the bead was on.

since then i have avoided girls that used it, because i know its possible in nigeria.

Na Lie

I knack one girl a few years ago, i hammer am sotay the waistbead scatter like Abacha teeth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Balenciaga Selling ‘Most Expensive Trash Bag In The World’ For $1,790 (Photos) / Why Do Ladies Wear Waist Beads? / Braided Hairstyle: Fashion Or Madness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.