Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching (24656 Views)

See What A Pastor Is Doing While Preaching (photo) / His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by tenry(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2014
One of my friends recently told me how his pastor was making reference to his challenges in the course of preaching to the congregation. According to him, he had been passing through some difflcult time and only went to his pastor for prayer and counselling, he was not expecting his pastor to cite his case as an example while preaching. Although he said the man of God didn't mention his name, the description and details released while preaching made him uncomfortable. I have also listened to pastors telling the congregation what church members have told them during counselling hour. How appropriate is this? Does it not meant to kept secret? Does a pastor has any right to share church members' secret without taking permission from them?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by freshness2020: 7:13am On Dec 28, 2014
Is not a bad thing as far his name was not mentioned! It serves as a reproof to τ̲̅ђe rest of the congregation!

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 28, 2014
A pastor doesn't have a confidential life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by sweettease(f): 7:16am On Dec 28, 2014
This is not the first time I'm hearing something like this, some people are just too ill mannered with lack of respect for confidential matters and being a pastor just doesn't change it. I hope your friend learns from this and not continue giving him undue honour just because he is a pastor.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by golor(m): 7:24am On Dec 28, 2014
If wat he shared was to motivate/inspire d church member for seeking a good life,then i will say ride on pastor.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by ThePENGENIUS(m): 7:47am On Dec 28, 2014
Ff
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 28, 2014
If it was to admonish, encourage, counsel and correct the congregation without mentioning his name then he had nothing to worry about.

21 Likes

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Adex097: 7:47am On Dec 28, 2014
Sue him to court. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by igbsam(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2014
Oh well....shyt happens
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Teammi: 7:48am On Dec 28, 2014
it happens in every church

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by tdayof(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2014
freshness2020:
Is not a bad thing as far his name was not mentioned! It serves as a reproof to τ̲̅ђe rest of the congregation!
if he can do that do you know how many people he already told without your consent

3 Likes

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Misogynist2014(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2014
Jesus loves me.

As for the topic, good for him.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by yuzjet(m): 7:49am On Dec 28, 2014
Pastors has been doing that since the death of Christ!

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Innodon(m): 7:49am On Dec 28, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by devigblegble: 7:49am On Dec 28, 2014
Just in case ..
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by lilbazy(m): 7:49am On Dec 28, 2014
Am starting to think most of these stories are not real,some are just compiling it to discredits men of God,cos you 'll start seeing different abusive comments about pastors after this thread hits Frontpage.

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by teemanbastos(m): 7:49am On Dec 28, 2014
pathetic.. Bt pastors hu dat dat are sumaw immature, allowing emotions to take ova dm
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 28, 2014
Some pastors sef.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by hungryboy(m): 7:50am On Dec 28, 2014
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Prodeegee(m): 7:50am On Dec 28, 2014
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by dmorf: 7:50am On Dec 28, 2014
Noted...
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by dunkem21(m): 7:50am On Dec 28, 2014
Hmmn
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by djeezy(m): 7:50am On Dec 28, 2014
I think the pastor obviously forget he was among the congregation. Often times I've heard pastors divulge such secret information in the cause of preaching and still maintained anonymity like leaving out the name, date and particulars of the person. In my own opinion this isn't appropriate because it gives hint sometimes and some of the people in the congregation are able to guess the actual person correctly. For other reasons it shouldn't be made reference to whilst preaching like in this instant case, it tends to make the object feel uncomfortable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 28, 2014
Jesus did that a lot!

Some humans are just plain proud!

Pastors are God's mouthpiece ooo.

Just imagine Elijah quarrelling God for including in His Bible how he ran before Jezebel OR Moses ranting on how God fell his hand by saying he married an Ethiopian woman.

Please, there is nothing there as long as he didn't mention your name.

If you bought a new range Rover Royce now or your gave the church 10M, you would want him to feed your ego and mention it abi?

Doctors do that a lot, ask Ben Carson.

It's called Reference.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by tbaby534(f): 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
If e used it motivate others then its not bad. After all it might not b only your friend facing such challenges and the pastor didnt mention his name, he should calm down.

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by SenatorTobijah(m): 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
I'll rather talk to God than sharing it my pastor, cos Pastors of nowadays, let me comment my Reserve
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Skimpledawg(m): 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
yuzjet:
Pastors has been doing that since the death of Christ!
gringringringrin grin

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by llawal: 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
Nah.so e go b...thank God on fp 5, times today
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Tattooboy: 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
Adex097:
Sue him to court. grin
lol

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Kirinwa: 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
He didn't mention your name nah. Such stories dey sweet for ear sha and the thing is when pastor is sharing others own you'll be shouting ride on Pastor!

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Trending(m): 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
Run
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Funjosh(m): 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
Sometimes I do wonders if Some MOG do still have brain in their skull

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... / Enoch Adeboye Pictured With Ban Ki-moon / Nigerian Abroad Sees A Black Cat, Prays: 'Aunty Nkechi I Rebuke You'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.