Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,940 members, 7,803,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria (21209 Views)

Jonathan's Legacy Is The Headline In Tanzanian Newspapers (pics) / See The Mistake Made By NTA During Last Night's Network News On Adams Oshiomhole / LATEST NEWS ON EBOLA OUTBREAK!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by kokoye(m): 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2008
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/12/11/pip.nigeria.oil/index.html

- -Nigeria is one of world's richest oil states; people are among poorest in world

- -Nigerian agency: $300 billion to $400 billion in oil profits squandered, stolen

- -Militant group MEND attacks oil pipelines, demands profits given to Nigerian people

- -UN: Niger Delta has had more than 6,000 spills; 10 times more than Exxon Valdez
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by Muza(m): 10:51pm On Dec 11, 2008
oh my God! shocked
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:26am On Dec 12, 2008
mind boggling!
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by maxell(f): 3:44am On Dec 12, 2008
Kobojunkie:

mind boggling!

When Fashola was being praised for his work in Lagos, you, kobojunkie, posted all over the thread that people should stop
emphasizing this and you showed no interest. However, when CNN showcases headlines like this, you have no problem
with it at all. You quickly embrace it.

Kobojunkie:

@Poster, what does it matter? What good does that debate do the Nigerian people? Mind you, Lagosians are still not waking up to their place in government. So what does it even matter if one man is considered best by some and not by others?? Jeeezzzz !!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-203323.0.html#msg3176339

Through their ways we shall know them.
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by Naijex: 3:48am On Dec 12, 2008
So, is CNN saying showing the truth.
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by Naijex: 3:49am On Dec 12, 2008
what do you think?
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:55am On Dec 12, 2008
maxell:

When Fashola was being praised for his work in Lagos, you, kobojunkie, posted all over the thread that people should stop
emphasizing this and you showed no interest. However, when CNN showcases headlines like this, you have no problem
with it at all. You quickly embrace it.

Through their ways we shall know them.

What in the world does the one have to do with the other? What has comparing one man to another to do with the ills we suffer in Nigeria, even with all the wealth we have?  What?? THINK!!! THINK!! THINk!!! ugh! Do you not feel any shame for where you continue to find yourself , year after year, golden opportunity after golden opportunity?
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by maxell(f): 4:02am On Dec 12, 2008
kobojunkie, I pray that one day you will embrace your african roots and let go of the oath you took
against your race. Because you are a classic example of what the AA's in the US call a sell out !!!!

[img]http://brotherpeacemaker.files./2008/02/traitor.jpg[/img]
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:08am On Dec 12, 2008
maxell:

kobojunkie, I pray that one day you will embrace your african roots and let go of the oath you took
against your race. Because you are a classic example of what the AA's in the US call a sell out !!!!

Well. . . If making sure I do not buy into the mediocre mindset that seems to plague you, and your kind are unwilling to see the problems which continue to exist to date NIgeria -- problems that continue to hinder change in the right direction, because people like you are blinded by their self-righteousness --- too blind to see that solutions can only come when we acknowledge we have serious problems here thhat we need to deal with ASAP, and we can have better than what we continue to settle for ---  then yes, I am a sellout and will never settle for less than the very best that God has blessed that country with; I will not settle to praising mediocrity when I know we can get and have better.  grin
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 4:15am On Dec 12, 2008
yea I just watched it.

They showed the hostages.

Hmm
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by kosovo(m): 4:15am On Dec 12, 2008
i watched a clip yesterday. oh ma gush! see ammunition's,
the CNN reporter was taken to their creeks, men, i was shocked, militants were shooting sporadically, Shot air, water, plants etc.
their weapons sha, no be here at all.
i heard they exchanged oil for ammunition with Russians.

for the second time in my entire adult life, i regret being a Nigerian.
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by shotster50(m): 4:35am On Dec 12, 2008
I know whats coming next, some people will get angry when they see these posts and will blame CNN for showing it and that old debate will start all over again.
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 4:35am On Dec 12, 2008
kosovo:

would you perfer if they were pushovers?
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by earTHMama: 6:09am On Dec 12, 2008
What was wrong about what they said about Nigeria?. The ND story is true and the heist by the Nigerian govt is true. Even the Rivers state governor appeared in the video. They showed other places like Peru, Taiwan, Soth Africa, cameroun etc. Why are Nigerians living in denial?. From two days of denial that lagos/or any other Nigerian city is a modern day slum to the issue of ND again. You guys are a joke and I support Kobojunkie on this one.
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by vowiski(m): 6:18am On Dec 12, 2008
CNN, ?
president OBJ, see what u ve caused,
who know umaru? them know u?
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 6:39am On Dec 12, 2008
- -Nigerian agency: $300 billion to $400 billion in oil profits squandered, stolen

wow that's a lot right there.
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by Naijex: 6:43am On Dec 12, 2008
kosovo:

i watched a clip yesterday. oh ma gush! see ammunition's,
the CNN reporter was taken to their creeks, men, i was shocked, militants were shooting sporadically, Shot air, water, plants etc.
their weapons sha, no be here at all.
i heard they exchanged oil for ammunition with Russians.

You no see were militant dey even shout each other by indiscipline way of handling weapon,they seek casualty during the documentary.
Can you believe that a Nigeria Police in the uniform lead CNN to the Militant.

See our water. Shell and CO don kills us o, but we no know. This politicians dey run after money.

They say na Nigerian diplomat dey sponsor them.

Dey say them they fight for all Nigerians

C
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Well. . . If making sure I do not buy into the mediocre mindset that seems to plague you, and your kind are unwilling to see the problems which continue to exist to date NIgeria -- problems that continue to hinder change in the right direction, because people like you are blinded by their self-righteousness --- too blind to see that solutions can only come when we acknowledge we have serious problems here thhat we need to deal with ASAP, and we can have better than what we continue to settle for ---  then yes, I am a sellout and will never settle for less than the very best that God has blessed that country with; I will not settle to praising mediocrity when I know we can get and have better.  grin

Mediocre Mindset? The only mediocre thinking I see here is yours!!

Displaying a tirade of words and criticism to hide your cowardice and 'chicken' heart!

So Nigerians brought their problems on themselves and a greater majority have to suffer for it . . So what if the people are blind patriots and are fighting for a lost cause . .  So what if Nigerians grab at peanuts thrown at them and don't have the guts to challenge or confront their leaders out of fear for their lives . .  So what if our leaders continue to waster our 'golden' opportunities?

No one ever said it was going to be easy . . And the ways I see it, it takes strenght of character to see all these things and still have faith for a better tomorrow; to endure continous dissapointments and still believe that things will get better; to fight and fail, and have the courage to fight again!

Well, we all know we can have something better because we believe in it, just like you do . . . but you know what makes you a coward, the fact that you claim to be better than your own people just because you had an opportunity that most people don't; the fact that you know the right way to do things but you just can't do it; the fact you'd rather gloat over bad news than accept any progress, no matter how little.  tongue

But if you insist we are just mediocre, then I'm changing that word to my first name  tongue  cheesy  cheesy
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2008
Nigeria's federal government and oil companies split oil profits roughly 60-40. The money is then supposed to make its way down to the local governments to fund various projects. Somehow, little money actually reaches its intended destination. Nigeria's own corruption agency estimates between $300 billion to $400 billion has been stolen or wasted over the last 50 years.

COUNTRIES, not companies, are scrambling today to raise that much money to save their economies.

MEND, formed in 2005, said it has more than 30 camps throughout Nigeria. Members are armed with high-tech weaponry they said was obtained from "foreign sources." Hundreds of people have been killed on both sides and countless oil workers have been kidnapped.

Wonder if they will soon come back to tell us that the foreign sources in this case happens to be the great America . . . lol
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by JustGood(m): 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2008
Is kobojunkie a Nigerian?

I see a person who would rather be anything else but Nigerian and who is willing to see any good in Nigeria even if the good stares him in the face. He seems to be the same person as texazpete.

If you find Nigeria and Nigerians so disgusting, please move on to American forums where you can be happier.

bye bye
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2008
JustGood:

Is kobojunkie a Nigerian?

I see a person who would rather be anything else but Nigerian and who is willing to see any good in Nigeria even if the good stares him in the face. He seems to be the same person as texazpete.

Apart from the fact that both Kobojunkie and myself have vastly differing writing styles, there's the very real obstacle that i'm based in Port Harcourt while Kobo is in the US. Or the fact that Kobo posts almost exclusively in the Politics section whereas my interests spread to Games, Romance and the Phones section?

Naturally you're too stupid to spot such obvious differences.

I've never said there was 'nothing good in Nigeria'. And being eager to frown on flaws in our makeup is an attempt tio find the faults and fix them. There is far more damage done to Nigeria's cause by you people who claim there's nothing wrong, than by those always criticizing.
Re: CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria by JustGood(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2008
texazzpete:

Apart from the fact that both Kobojunkie and myself have vastly differing writing styles, there's the very real obstacle that i'm based in Port Harcourt while Kobo is in the US.

Naturally you're too stupid to spot such obvious differences.

I've never said there was 'nothing good in Nigeria'. And being eager to frown on flaws in our makeup is an attempt tio find the faults and fix them. There is far more damage done to Nigeria's cause by you people who claim there's nothing wrong, than by those always criticizing.

Seeing as you're not only self hating and daft but also always abusive, I chose to ignore that abuse. Otherwise, I'll send you home to your family.

Tell me

1. where you have ever said or seen anything good about Nigeria.
2. where you have not abused anyone just because you want to disagree with their opinion.

bye bye

(1)

FG Explores Options For Oil In North, Despite NOCs’ Budget Cut / Banditry: Zamfara Residents Rejoice Over Removal Of IG Adamu By Buhari / Bandits Kidnap Catholic Seminary Students In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.