Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* (6822 Views)

Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. / Practical On Farm Fruits And Vegetable Training Pictures At Ago Amodu / Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by world1(m): 11:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
My fellow Nairalanders.
Shoprite now sell imported fruits in there shops in Nigeria.
my fellow farmers please learn from this Agriculture+Business =Agribusiness which brings WEALTH.
High Quality farm produce + Branding and Packaging is the way forward.

Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by shikshark: 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
e don tey na
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by world1(m): 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
shikshark:
e don tey na
Am just seeing it.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Pavore9: 5:03am On Dec 29, 2014
world1:

Am just seeing it.
Saw that way back 2009 and it is painful.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Pavore9: 5:15am On Dec 29, 2014
lf our farmers can up their game and invest in acquiring relevant knowledge (not just one day seminars but go and spend time to practically understudy in a farm just as l am planning to make out a month to go and understudy aquaponics, where l will learn how within a greenhouse measuring 24ft by 90ft rear over 10,000 catfish and growing strawberries without the use of soil but using PVC pipes and the waste water from the fish pond, the waste water is purified as it goes through the strawberry planted in the PVC pipes and goes back to the pond as clean water full of oxygen, so nothing is wasted and producing about 1000kg of Strawberry monthly. The system can used to grow so many vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower which are very expensive in Nigeria as they are also imported from South Africa).

With the appropriate knowledge and best practices applied also utilizing the power of numbers by forming co-operatives with farmers of like-minds and quality, l strongly believe big boys like Shoprite will look our way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by cava: 7:05am On Dec 29, 2014
@ pavore you hit the point. when you do something differently and succed, people will dance to your tune. it comes naturally. instead of pionting accusing fingers on shoprite or any other big mall, let us think outside the box on the best way to stay competitive and innovative and see the music change. i have read little on acquaponic and it success story on farmers. please is there any farm it is being praticed in nigeria or where can one learn it. iam just 2months in pratical farming and would not mind infusing new ideas to make a change. please reply
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Pavore9: 7:29am On Dec 29, 2014
@cava, though there maybe but l do not know of any aquaponics farm in nigeria, l live in nairobi & the aquaponic farm l intend understudying is run by some Catholic Sisters here in kenya. Kenya exports carrot to the UK after meeting UK's standards.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by cava: 7:32am On Dec 29, 2014
@pavore where do you intend to go for the training and when and also hope it affordable. broccoli, beets, spinach , strawberries and alot of green veggies can mostly found at shoprites and shops on victoria island.years back when i had some health issues and was recommended those veggies, i had to pay through my nose both in transport fare and in product price just to have them.thank God iam ok now. i wonder why we cannot plant them. please pavore i am over intrested to learn innovation
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Pavore9: 7:40am On Dec 29, 2014
@cava, with aquaponics you can grow all these "foreign veggies" in Nigeria even those purple and wine coloured grapes. Though l will be understudying the Sisters but l will try and look out for centres where one can study it.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by cava: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2014
@ pavore ok thanks what will to cost me from transportion, feeding, hotel accomodation,tutorial fee for the one month.thanks are you serious both wine coloured grapes. infact you've made my day.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Pavore9: 7:56am On Dec 29, 2014
@cava, the details will be subject to when one gets where he/she will do the training. lt is 100% organic farming, as one formulates the fish feed by himself, the waste water is high in ammonia & only rabbit urine is used as pesticide in the farm.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by cava: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2014
@i tot you said there are Rev.sisters farm you would visit to learn or are they not training. so i need to have both fish and rabbit farm to start with.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Pavore9: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2014
@cava, lt is the sisters farm but it is not open to public training, l will have access because am "an inside person". Aqua means water, so you MUST have a fishpond inside the greenhouse but you can always get urine from rabbit farmers around.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by yomalex(m): 8:43am On Dec 29, 2014
2015 may well be the year for Agriculture in Nigeria

By the Way Will you be Voting in the election ? Check Your PVC Status Here
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by cava: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
@ pavore no whala i understand. if there is any other place i can acquire the knowlege pls do not forget to let me know on this thread.thanks
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Pavore9: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
cava:
@ pavore no whala i understand. if there is any other place i can acquire the knowlege pls do not forget to let me know on this thread.thanks
l will keep you posted.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by world1(m): 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
Before people begin to circulate pirated, cheap and un authorised New year greetings,I wish you an Original HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance with NAFDAC registration number 01-01-2015 See u next year. God bless.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by world1(m): 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2015
Invitation To A Practical Training On Profitable Agric Crops In 2015.

The Youth in Agribusiness Development and Innovation(YABDI) invites yo for a one day practical training on various crops that will change your life for the better in 2015 by captains of the Agribusiness Industry.

The training is a highly interactive and practical on growing: Cucumber, Watermelon, Plantain and Tomatoes profitably!

The training will take place in Abeokuta, Ogun State on Saturday 31st January, 2015 from 11am to 6pm.

Join the Facilitators like Jasper7 as he takes you through the Multi million naira cucumber business.
world1 as he takes you through plantain business. Jethro2 as she takes you through tomato production and marketing ideas and Soloxam as he takes you on water melon.

This is a training you don't want to miss. If you have wondered where to spend the last Saturday of January 2015, then look no further than the 1 day practical Agribusiness training that will transform your life come 2015.

Register for training on the link: www.yabdi.org/ambassasor.html

Training cost ONLY N5,000

Certificate of Participation and Light refreshment included!

https://www.nairaland.com/2064436/invitation-practical-training-profitable-agric
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by world1(m): 7:12am On Jan 20, 2015
Are you interested in having a plantain farm in south West Nigeria, Abeokuta to be precise with access to ready market? search no further, join us at Highhill Plantain Village, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Are you Abroad, Lagos or its environs interested in having a plantain farm?

If YES, then stop looking for land in far away you can actually get an acre of highly fertile land with all necessary documents including total plantain farm setup and 1 year management for just N650k Awowo Town Ewekoro LGA. Along Abeokuta/Express Way, Ogun State.

Check it out here
http://nigeriaplantainvillage..com/2015/01/are-you-interested-in-having-plantain_15.html?m=1.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Jonathan's agriculture revolution grin
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by world1(m): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2015
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by world1(m): 11:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
ONE-MONTH FREE AGRIBUSINESS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The agricultural sector is a sector with viable opportunities for young people to tap into. Agribusiness is a goldmine and so, we have mapped out strategies of getting young people involve in the green business through our ONE-MONTH FREE AGRIBUSINESS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM.

It is my greatest desire to see young people enroll for my 1 month 100% free mentorship and practical agribusiness empowerment boot camp specifically on the 4P Crops. (Plantain, Pawpaw, Pineapple and Potatoes). This specially design program comes with free accommodation on the farm for the period of one month.

APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY:
✔ Must be a Nigerian within the age of 18-50 and must be physically fit without any health related issues.
✔ Must have strong interest in agriculture and be willing to learn about the potentials of agriculture.
✔ Must be able to adhere to all the given instructions and regulations (no smoking, no alcoholic drinking etc)

Kindly note that this program is privately funded which requires no fees and charges from participants. Thus, there is need to strictly adhere to rules and regulations.

What participants needs to know and ITEMS NEEDED:
- Participants are responsible for their own food for the period of one month and they can buy their food from the farm kitchen
- Clothing
- Farm tools (simple farm tools) and
- Protective wears
- Participants will only take care of themselves and finance their traveling and other needs from their ends.
- Participants will need to sign a fitness form to document their health status that they can cope for the one month period.
- Any other miscellaneous expenses from participant's end

TRAINING DURATION:
The training is slated to hold for a period of 1 month on the farm from 20th April -20th May 2017, to enable participants have a rich knowledge of the four focus crops.

Highhill Agribusiness Development and Incubation Centre Nigeria
The Farmers Place.
Klm 18, Abk/Lag Expressway, Aaba-Sooro Village via Wasimi Town, Ewekoro Local Government Area, Ogun State.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1rYZIbHJ5dNfqIg576G0T4WKJQMwGXHFyBwghOF7VOQLlIw/viewform
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by hahn(m): 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
Pavore9:
lf our farmers can up their game and invest in acquiring relevant knowledge (not just one day seminars but go and spend time to practically understudy in a farm just as l am planning to make out a month to go and understudy aquaponics, where l will learn how within a greenhouse measuring 24ft by 90ft rear over 10,000 catfish and growing strawberries without the use of soil but using PVC pipes and the waste water from the fish pond, the waste water is purified as it goes through the strawberry planted in the PVC pipes and goes back to the pond as clean water full of oxygen, so nothing is wasted and producing about 1000kg of Strawberry monthly. The system can used to grow so many vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower which are very expensive in Nigeria as they are also imported from South Africa).

With the appropriate knowledge and best practices applied also utilizing the power of numbers by forming co-operatives with farmers of like-minds and quality, l strongly believe big boys like Shoprite will look our way.

How did this pan out eventually?
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Pavore9: 5:06am On Mar 17, 2017
hahn:

How did this pan out eventually?

I did go to understudy in an aquaponics farm managed by some Reverend Sisters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by hahn(m): 12:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pavore9:

I did go to understudy in an aquaponics farm managed by some Reverend Sisters.

And......?
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by jamp: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pavore9:

bro i love your passion. keep it up and keep representing us over there.

which part of Imo state are you from

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Pavore9: 3:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
hahn:

And......?

Got to know what is all about.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by Pavore9: 3:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
jamp:

bro i love your passion. keep it up and keep representing us over there.

which part of Imo state are you from

Ihitte-Uboma.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by aquila3: 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pavore9:

Ihitte-Uboma.
Gud evening sir, pls how can i get all these your agric tutor videos in one compact disc in nigeria.thanks in anticipation for your respond.
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by aAK1(m): 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
Pavore9:

Ihitte-Uboma.
boss we need to talk
Re: Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture* by jamp: 7:57pm On Mar 18, 2017
Pavore9:

Ihitte-Uboma.

Ok brother. ...am from ideato North

(1) (Reply)

Trampoline Mobile Fish Pond Needed Urgently / 20 Acres Of Virgin Farmland By Water In Ogun State. / Seed World Providing Your Hybrid Seeds Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.