Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili (20368 Views)

Amaechi In A Queue While Boarding A Flight In Abuja.. Photos / This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) / Patience Jonathan Says "Wike Is Next Rivers Governor"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by davidwillyetuk(m): 1:11am On Dec 29, 2014
THE former governor of Rivers State, Dr. Peter Odili, has expressed regret that he supported Mr. Rotimi Amaechi to become the governor of the state in 2007.

Odili said Amaechi dismantled the structure of the Peoples Democratic Party through his (Amaechi) defection to the All Progressives Congress.

He explained that but for the quick intervention of a former Minister of State for Education and PDP governorship candidate in Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike, the party would have gone into oblivion.

The ex-governor, who spoke on Saturday during Wike’s campaign tour in Ndoni Local Government Area on Saturday, said Amaechi worked against the PDP structure put in place by the founding fathers of the party.

Odili pointed out that the PDP, in the past, supported Amaechi’s political career with good intentions, adding that he and the PDP had accepted their mistake and were poised to correct it in 2015.

It was the first time the former governor would speak publicly on the strained relationship between him and incumbent governor.

He said, “We thought we did the right thing by supporting Amaechi to become the governor of the state. We left a united state; we also left a united party. The PDP was one, Rivers State is the PDP.

“There was no other party in Rivers State other than the PDP. Whatever the party hierarchy said would happen. The secretary is here to support what I am telling you here today.

“With all the best intentions, we supported his political career and ambition. We thought we did what was best for the state. As you know, until a man has power and has money, you don’t really know him.

“One thing is clear; we have accepted our mistake and we are determined to correct it in 2015. Who would have thought that a governor who won an election on the platform of the PDP would defect with the mandate of the party to another party?

“Who would have thought that a governor elected on the platform of the PDP would abandon the PDP to join an opposition party? The elders of the party who are here can corroborate what I am saying here today. We ran a cohesive party. We had respect for the elders of the party. We had respect for party members.”

Explaining that no member of the PDP attempted to hijack the party during his reign as the leader, Odili recalled that party officials respected elders during his days as the state governor.

He, however, expressed gratitude to Wike for reuniting the PDP in the state immediately Amaechi defected to the APC, along with the former state chairman of the PDP, Chief Godspower Ake, his commissioners, his supporters and 22 out of the 23 local government chairmen.

“I want to thank the governorship candidate of the PDP for the 2015 governorship election and the next governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, for miraculously rescuing the party from disintegration and working tirelessly to unite the members of the party.

“By the special grace of God in February, we are going to the polls. The first election is to re-elect President Goodluck Jonathan for a second term. The second election will be the governorship election where our candidate, Wike, will emerge as the next governor of Rivers State.”

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/29/pdp-erred-fielding-amaechi-2007-wike-next-rivers-governor-odili/

SOURCE: http://naijapolitica.com/2014/12/29/big-story-my-worse-regret-was-supporting-amaechi-to-become-governor-peter-odili/

Twitter: @naijapolitica

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by lekhane(m): 1:35am On Dec 29, 2014
Shameless Odili

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by golor(m): 2:01am On Dec 29, 2014
To b frank ameachi is mistake,no humility, no respect nd too greedy....i bet after his tenor as governor nobody will hear his name again,APC his just deceiving my broda...for u to mk it in life,u must humble ur self,for pple who lead d way for u...abi pikin deh big pass he fada?

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by ofala(m): 2:15am On Dec 29, 2014
A word from Odili against GEJ or any of his cronies & his very fraudulent "court perpetual injunction" will be quashed....

If only Nigerians will vote wisely, let us start doing things right in this Country.

People like Odili should be in jail

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by sunnydayasaba(m): 2:17am On Dec 29, 2014
That's d problem with this so-called Politicians, Is always abt their political affiliation....Odili is just plain stupid, Ameachi has d right to change his political association.

Am sure if Ameachi decamps back to PDP, They will accept him back wit open hands. Nigerians have also been deceived by this so-called politicians who don't hv our interest at heart.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by BossAyuk: 2:17am On Dec 29, 2014
Look at this thief
In saner climes someone like this is supposed to be locked up in Kirikiri and fed once a day.

Now same set of people are having audience with the Media and speaking on political issues??

I'm not really surprised, especially when people like Asari-Dokubo, Boy-loaf and Tompolo now speak on National Issues.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by sunnydayasaba(m): 2:20am On Dec 29, 2014
golor:
To b frank ameachi is mistake,no humility, no respect nd too greedy....i bet after his tenor as governor nobody will hear his name again,APC his just deceiving my broda...for u to mk it in life,u must humble ur self,for pple who lead d way for u...abi pikin deh big pass he fada?

Odili is even more useless to Rivers people. After looting all rivers states allocations for 8 years, he expect the same criminal caucus he feed fat to continue feeding fat under Ameachi again.

Pikin dey big pass him papa oh if him papa na useless man, U no expect pikin too to follow him papa footstep na.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by Chemical2(m): 2:37am On Dec 29, 2014
The president and his wife chased him away from the PDP, i would do the same if i were Amaechi. Fight!

24 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by chaberry(m): 4:24am On Dec 29, 2014
K
Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by Opinedecandid(m): 5:02am On Dec 29, 2014
Even other electorates are equally regretting that they wasted their votes on the baggar.
No worry, sheh him don go carry strange sickness come, where dem de call apc abi wetting, na alone him go take suffer that one. We de wait for am for polling units, February next year. Him go hear am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by lastmanstandn(m): 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
Stupid Odili talking.
A man was supported the impunity that led to the replacement of Ameachi's name as the 2007 candidate in the first place.

Abi e think say we don forget?

16 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by benzion72(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
Odili is a big disappointment to Nigeria, he was the leading candidates in 2007 with a lot of wide support, only to go inside cooler. Anybody who vote for the candidate of Odili is voting for chop I chop

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by TDstarr: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
x
Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by datguru: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
Let's see
Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by ayusco85(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
so odili is still alive?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by simplemach(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ok
Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by DancingSkeleton(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
And so ?

1 Like

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by LMAyedun(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Yes! Wike is Next

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by mustahagreens(f): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Say whatever you have to say to please your pockets
Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by wisepigeon: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
after a second thought

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by Maczeelly(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
Story 4 d aabb
Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Odili done port.

He will still say this about Wike when the grass is greener at the other side.

5 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by englishmart(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
I regret opening this thread that bears amaechi's name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by RebelLeader15(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
I Hon(Chief) Agbalowomeri RebelLeader15 wish to announce to the public that I am the proud owner of the 3 spaces.

I booked and have paid for it....

So beware of 419 including my son KAMORU (Omo ale jatijati)

If you are interested in buying any of the space, pls call my number 08169343652

Hon(Chief) Agbalowomeri RebelLeader15 announcing for the Family

Na Godu of Mama Piss and Jo-lantern go punish Peter Odili and Abiye Sekibo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by politricks: 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
englishmart:
I regret opening this thread that bears amaechi's name
Sorry why dont you go and hug a transformer.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by Youpele52: 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
Dang
Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by RebelLeader15(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
RebelLeader15:
I Hon(Chief) Agbalowomeri RebelLeader15 wish to announce to the public that I am the proud owner of the 3 spaces.

If you are interested in buying any of the space, pls call my number 08169343652

Na Godu of Mama Piss and Jo-lantern go punish Peter Odili and Abiye Sekibo
Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by Iaz93: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
You'll still say the same thing in 2019, sir.

2 Likes

Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nw dat u guys r nt in terms u made a mistake,politicians sha
Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by RebelLeader15(m): 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2014

Na Godu of Mama Piss and Jo-lantern go punish Peter Odili and Abiye Sekibo.
Re: I Made A Mistake Supporting Amaechi In 2007; Wike Is Next Rivers Governor- Odili by wunmi590(m): 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
davidwillyetuk:
THE former governor of Rivers State, Dr. Peter Odili, has expressed regret that he supported Mr. Rotimi Amaechi to become the governor of the state in 2007.

Odili said Amaechi dismantled the structure of the Peoples Democratic Party through his (Amaechi) defection to the All Progressives Congress.

He explained that but for the quick intervention of a former Minister of State for Education and PDP governorship candidate in Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike, the party would have gone into oblivion.

The ex-governor, who spoke on Saturday during Wike’s campaign tour in Ndoni Local Government Area on Saturday, said Amaechi worked against the PDP structure put in place by the founding fathers of the party.

Odili pointed out that the PDP, in the past, supported Amaechi’s political career with good intentions, adding that he and the PDP had accepted their mistake and were poised to correct it in 2015.

It was the first time the former governor would speak publicly on the strained relationship between him and incumbent governor.

He said, “We thought we did the right thing by supporting Amaechi to become the governor of the state. We left a united state; we also left a united party. The PDP was one, Rivers State is the PDP.

“There was no other party in Rivers State other than the PDP. Whatever the party hierarchy said would happen. The secretary is here to support what I am telling you here today.

“With all the best intentions, we supported his political career and ambition. We thought we did what was best for the state. As you know, until a man has power and has money, you don’t really know him.

“One thing is clear; we have accepted our mistake and we are determined to correct it in 2015. Who would have thought that a governor who won an election on the platform of the PDP would defect with the mandate of the party to another party?

“Who would have thought that a governor elected on the platform of the PDP would abandon the PDP to join an opposition party? The elders of the party who are here can corroborate what I am saying here today. We ran a cohesive party. We had respect for the elders of the party. We had respect for party members.”

Explaining that no member of the PDP attempted to hijack the party during his reign as the leader, Odili recalled that party officials respected elders during his days as the state governor.

He, however, expressed gratitude to Wike for reuniting the PDP in the state immediately Amaechi defected to the APC, along with the former state chairman of the PDP, Chief Godspower Ake, his commissioners, his supporters and 22 out of the 23 local government chairmen.

“I want to thank the governorship candidate of the PDP for the 2015 governorship election and the next governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, for miraculously rescuing the party from disintegration and working tirelessly to unite the members of the party.

“By the special grace of God in February, we are going to the polls. The first election is to re-elect President Goodluck Jonathan for a second term. The second election will be the governorship election where our candidate, Wike, will emerge as the next governor of Rivers State.”

http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/29/pdp-erred-fielding-amaechi-2007-wike-next-rivers-governor-odili/

SOURCE: http://naijapolitica.com/2014/12/29/big-story-my-worse-regret-was-supporting-amaechi-to-become-governor-peter-odili/

Twitter: @naijapolitica

Issokay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun APC Candidate, Oyetola, Signs Peace Wall Banner (Photos) / Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity / Ngige Visits Properties Destroyed By Hoodlums In Anambra; Pledges Support (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.