Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This (92023 Views)

5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... / Dubai Banks Reportedly Closing Accounts Of Nigerian Politicians In The UAE / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by chiben1983: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2014
See friends, I live and work in Qatar as a project planning Engineer, though I come in with 5years working VISA in 2013 August before they closed Nigeria visa. The people that gain it in Qatar once they find good job are engineers or once you come in you do certification in any carrier you want. The truth is that once you have a good job, they pay five times what Nigeria are paying there engineers. The moving Carrier here for Nigerians are safety and project planning engineering. The basic salary of a project planner here is N500,000 a MONTH, they don't mind paying you 1millilion naria a month if you can convince them you can do the job. There security is very very hard to brake, because if you are coming with any illegal thing in mind to do here, you will be frustrated. Qatar is very nice place to stay if you have a good job.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by legalwealth(m): 10:32am On Dec 29, 2014
nestaolive:
Your write up is on point but I beg to differ in terms of Qatar. I work in Qatar as an Engineer presently and I must say that Nigerians are beginning to do very well for themselves although most of them are security and cab drivers but Quite a number of us are in the Engineering field. My only advise is when u are getting a visa frm an agent in Nigeria. Make sure and make sure it's not a labourer visa

Great tip bolded but will I need to tell the agent because I have my own business related to UAE that I've been doing here in Nigeria for more than 3 years that I will need to go to UAE for to perfect.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 29, 2014
Akshow:
going to middle east in most cases is a frying pan to fire case
I tell ya..so dicey
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by byworld(m): 10:40am On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=jidezubair post=29293693][/quote]you said it all bro
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by helphelp: 10:41am On Dec 29, 2014
I would suggest this kind of leap for anyone who does not have anything worthwhile here in Nigeria.

Also, for those that are not entrepreneurial inclined and need to hurriedly make ends meet.

Trust me, I interviewed some of these guys abroad and they prefer it over there.

Also, some that are not so lucky securing good jobs in the UAE have resorted to handling traders cargo from UAE to Nigeria, and they are doing great.

The authorities in UAE know that most of Nigerians don't have valid visas but they ignore because somehow it's boosting their economy. You just try and go against their local laws, and see your sorry self back in Nigeria, with no hopes of returning back there...
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 29, 2014
jaybee3:
why would any sane person go to dubai for "Let’s say you took up any of these jobs for example; the salary is going to be between 1,000dhs (NGN44,927) and 1,800dhs (NGN81,025) per month."

Accommodation and transport excluded....which have been sorted out for you by the company that employed you.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by samplanner(m): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2014
@op you have tried but you haven't told them about lots of social restrictions in the uae.

1. drinking of alcohol in public places is not allowed.
2. hugging or kissing a girl in open places is not allowed.
3. eating in public places during Ramadan is also not allowed irrespective of your belief.
4. if you are not a visitor from the western countries you may find it difficult to obtain a residence visa.

uae is a nice place to be only if you can abide by their rules. bcs I can remember in previous years, a British woman was raped but the Dubai authority jailed her for adultery disregarding the fact that they knew she was raped. there are lots of things to consider b4 going to the uae. make good research before settling down there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Mpetempe(m): 10:51am On Dec 29, 2014
managermahmud:
Good piece of write up..
There is something that we Nigerians fail to understand. U'll meet most of the youths huzlin to travel out to go and huzle without knowing that when they travel out, that effort they make to huzle, wen they apply same effort her in Nigeria, they'll make same or even more profit sef.
Now wen they succeed in travling out and exhibit same lazy attitude whch they already exhibit here in Nigeria, they'll be forced to go into drug trafficking where they think they'll make shap shap money, without still knowing that the risk in such 'business' is far greater than d fuccking profit... It'll then end 98% of them in prison, they'll then be calling for help to serve their jail term in Nigeria(Nigeria that u abandoned to go and huzle elswhere) some sef, it'll cost them their lives
On this note! I urge my fellow Nigerians to quench d ambition of traveling out to hustle. If u can't make it in ur father's land, it'll b extremely difficult for u to make it elswhere.
#ILoveNigeria
#ILoveMyFathersLand

*modified*
Front page pls Mr admin

Shut up and Stop talking rubbish. Our government made Here a hell to live.

11 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by byworld(m): 10:54am On Dec 29, 2014
TheRainmaker1:
The Craze among Nigerian youths to travel 'abroad' is really alarming. I don't know why most of us think we can't make it' here.
How can a young man leave Nigeria with a Masters degree and go be an Airport security personnel (or something worse, in many cases) in U.K or some other random country?
That's why people get defrauded on a daily basis by fraudsters claiming to be Visa agents.

I'd rather remain here in Nigeria, where I have complete freedom, and have the rights of a first class citizen, than go elsewhere and be a second or even third class citizen. I will travel 'abroad' for business and leisure when the time comes....

..wonderful writeup @OP
but I like to remember u also dat, dre are many Nigerians with bsc holder dat were jobless for d past 6yrs nd many end up as a cab or bike rider....I only av ssce with me nd am earning 2400dirams per month with free accommodation with transport, 2 months salary bonus every 2yrs plus free ticket to ur home country to nd fro....ma monthly salary for dis security guard is #118,000 with ssce, can you get such offer in Nigeria?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 29, 2014
justwise:

Is that your dream or reality on ground?

We may not have that reality yet, but it's in our hands to make it come true, by our choice of leaders. I don't want to get Political here.
But if you go outside this country, you don't even have that option. You either take what you're given, or go back to your country ("or go back to the African jungle from which you escaped", as some racist white men would say)
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by onatisi(m): 10:56am On Dec 29, 2014
drizzy009:
. my brother is currently on interview for a Job in Qatar... their features are. Two free visa for himself and spouse, salary of $2500 per month...And free ticket to come back to Nigeria yearly....is the Job okay
ur brother case is different and if you have taken time to read the article ,the op said this analysis excludes those who have required skills ,experience and white collar job offers. Your brother isn't among the hustling type so he will be okay.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by JakeII(m): 11:00am On Dec 29, 2014
drizzy009:
. my brother is currently on interview for a Job in Qatar... their features are. Two free visa for himself and spouse, salary of $2500 per month...And free ticket to come back to Nigeria yearly....is the Job okay

First, I will like to ask, if you don't mind, what job exactly?. The reasons : 1. for a job that an employer will offer a Family status( by the fact that visa will be granted to spouse also), it must be a position in management, engineering or admin cadre and such salary is a bit too low for such category. 2. Is accommodation and transportation allowances included in the offer or the salary is $2,500 all inclusive? If not so It's either this is a scam or your brother is being cheated. In the first place, the minimum salary that can make any employer grant a spouse visa in Qatar is Qr10,000 while the $2500 offered, is about Qr9,000. If you are sure of this,(not a scam) then let your brother ensure that the company takes care of his accommodation. Renting a fairly okay 2BD Flat costs nothing less that Qr4000-4,500. Also, let him ask about transportation, if the company will be responsible for it 'cos transportation is quite expensive in Qatar. These are just the few things, out of many, to let you know that the salary is good but too small for anyone coming with wife. (In my opinion)

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by onatisi(m): 11:00am On Dec 29, 2014
nestaolive:
Your write up is on point but I beg to differ in terms of Qatar. I work in Qatar as an Engineer presently and I must say that Nigerians are beginning to do very well for themselves although most of them are security and cab drivers but Quite a number of us are in the Engineering field. My only advise is when u are getting a visa frm an agent in Nigeria. Make sure and make sure it's not a labourer visa
bros ,read the op article again slowly and carefully. He said people who don't have any skill or experience go through job hunting wahala . You are a qualified engineer so your case is different. Many people jumping into planes to malaysia and uae,don't have ANY skill at all. The world we are is one that you simply have to be productive and to be productive you have to be skilled. Your case is different from a school dropout in nigeria or spare part shop apprentice who wants to go and work in dubai. No money, no skill,no job experience . Where will he start from ?

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by stagger: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2014
montanaguy:
As an ex military man with 12yrs experience in the service and 41yrs old. I am a pensioner with a monthly pension of 46k but I want to work in Dubai as a security officer. What are my chances? So 300k can't take me to Dubai?

Dubai has no need for your services. Why not go to South Africa with that 300k, get extensive training in counter terrorism from one of the various schools there run by Israelis, then come back to Nigeria and setup a counter-terrorism training agency which will work as a consultant for the Nigerian government, and also train security staff of multi-national companies?

I wonder why the government is still sending you guys to Oshodi to learn how to carry hammer and chisel in your "old age" when you should be receiving trainings in your core competence. Since you crossed the 10 year barrier and still collect pension, why can't you think along this line and get yourself prepared with skills to live in Nigeria where your expertise will remain relevant for a long time? Rather you want to go to Dubai which is at peace, instead of making money in Nigeria where terrorism has built a solid abode and will not be gone for a long time to come.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by byworld(m): 11:02am On Dec 29, 2014
samplanner:
@op you have tried but you haven't told them about lots of social restrictions in the uae.

1. drinking of alcohol in public places is not allowed.
2. hugging or kissing a girl in open places is not allowed.
3. eating in public places during Ramadan is also not allowed irrespective of your belief.
4. if you are not a visitor from the western countries you may find it difficult to obtain a residence visa.

uae is a nice place to be only if you can abide by their rules. bcs I can remember in previous years, a British woman was raped but the Dubai authority jailed her for adultery disregarding the fact that they knew she was raped. there are lots of things to consider b4 going to the uae. make good research before settling down there.
the woman get Drunk and you know what it means if you got no license for it but may be it's different from d one I read of
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 29, 2014
byworld:
but I like to remember u also dat, dre are many Nigerians with bsc holder dat were jobless for d past 6yrs nd many end up as a cab or bike rider....I only av ssce with me nd am earning 2400dirams per month with free accommodation with transport, 2 months salary bonus every 2yrs plus free ticket to ur home country to nd fro....ma monthly salary for dis security guard is #118,000 with ssce, can you get such offer in Nigeria?

You're right Sir!...but you're also one of the lucky ones.How many of your contemporaries can boast of same?

I have nothing against traveling 'abroad' (USA, Canada, Europe, Arab countries...anywhere) if you have a clear-cut course of action and marketable skills.

where I have a problem is when People want to travel out simply for the purpose of traveling out or in search of some fictitious greener pastures, without doing their home work properly.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by onatisi(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2014
My own advise to those who are still bent on leaving nigeria to any country is GET TRAINED in a VOCATIONAL skill befor leaving nigeria. Whether it is masonry,barbing,tailoring or plumbing ,just make sure u are trained and skilled.this will help u in settling down and getting a job early.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Gooci(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2014
Op is right...... bt for those criticizing those that are travelling out, pls dont angry imagine doing business with 500k in Nigeria nd doing business with 500k from dubai to nigeria undecided. I know it all depends on the grave of God, but m sure business of 500k from dubai to nigeria will pays better than 500k nigeria-nigeria business. I av many people in dubai doing security jobs and they are doing fine. Where i work in NIgeria(bsc), i earn 45k/month, nd those i met there, they av there for 4yrs, they are on 75k. we work 9hrs/day(9am-6pm), monday to saturday. you leave yur house 4-5am, get back home 9-10pm(roughly 16hrs/day), isnt this slavery my bro nd sis, starting with security job that can earn you 70+ above in uae(e.g dubai) is good, with the opportunity of doing business from there back home.

the truth of the matter is even in Nigeria, they come to enslave us with bullshit salaries, if yu can work here in nigeria, leave yur house 5am, get back home 9-10pm, yu shld survive the stress in uae too, though i know changing jobs isnt easy in uae. Yeah, there are some good jobs in Nigeria, some peple have been on 40-70k job here in Nigeria for close to 8yrs with the hope of getting a better one and they are still hoping.

my advice to people going is that, dnt leave on salary alone, there are so many businesses to venture into from there. If you av the opportunity to port out of the country, try to use, shine yur eye by porting well nd pary for blessings from God.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Meel: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2014
nke001:
Nice @Ops,
My Cousin has to see this.
am sure he his longing to travel out?
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by bayocanny: 11:07am On Dec 29, 2014
byworld:
Nice write up, God bless u
Have pm you kindly reply we need to talk

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Myluv1: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2014
@Op, concise and on point! However one can easily secure a job in the gulf if he/she is qualified than in Nigeria. Reason, there are numerous jobs in the gulf regions than the qualified job seekers.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Gooci(m): 11:08am On Dec 29, 2014
currently working my way to dubai too... i jst pray fro blessing of baba God. cool make evrything goes as planned

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Myluv1: 11:10am On Dec 29, 2014
Gooci:
currently working my way to dubai too... i jst pray fro blessing of baba God. cool make evrything goes as planned
Make sure you have something to offer, don't just go hoping God will do everything for you.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Gooci(m): 11:11am On Dec 29, 2014
nd pls, can anybody xplain to me what an emirate card is? difference btw emirate card and labour card
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by onatisi(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2014
byworld:
stop misleading ppl,how many nigerian are lucky to get those jobs compared to those who eventually end up as cargo boys on caliwali visa? The ratio of nigerians who are lucky like u isn't up to 10%what about the remaining 90 or even 80% .my brother was one of the lucky few and that was even becos he went to dubai early in 1997,before the influx of indians and the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by justwise(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2014
TheRainmaker1:

We may not have that reality yet, but it's in our hands to make it come true, by our choice of leaders. I don't want to get Political here.
But if you go outside this country, you don't even have that option. You either take what you're given, or go back to your country ("or go back to the African jungle from which you escaped", as some racist white men would say)

So its still a dream then? Do you know what? The sooner me and you start telling ourselves some hard truth the better for us. Who are you preaching about Nigeria situation? In the last 20yrs tell me a single sector in Nigeria that has being doing very well. You talked about first class treatment as Nigerian citizen...where? Where in Nigeria do you enjoy that?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Gooci(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2014
Myluv1:

Make sure you have something to offer, don't just go hoping God will do everything for you.
y wont i av somthing to offer, am actually going for driving
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Adiwana: 11:18am On Dec 29, 2014
Op,i for don say you be bad belle..haahahah
on a more serious note,my couz lives there&works at one of the air ways.her bro just recently started work there this yr..even my frnds big bro trades there..i think that place has works for most people esp those frm other ountries.by Gods Grace wen am tru,na there i go dey luk up 2..buh my p with them is that your spouse cant join you there
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by udyheart01(m): 11:20am On Dec 29, 2014
donmalcolm21:
If i cant make it here then i cant make it anywhere else.
Desist From Saying Such!

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by athorello(m): 11:21am On Dec 29, 2014
Op, nice write up. You presented the up and down side but painted more on the dark.
I have a friend who have been able to enter UAE through a friend already there and he secured a job within 3 weeks with his BSc. Now he's on my neck to hustle hard to join him there. We've been hustling since after nysc and here I am still after about 1 year and 6 months of passing out.
Anyway, I am trying to stick to the advice of a top notch in shell who said the 'gulf' is crazy after professionals. So you need a certification, a professional masters of post graduate degree from the US, Canada or UK.
Final point, there are opportunities everywhere, you only have to locate them. Some people can thrive in a skewed society like Nigeria while others a more amenable to an ordered society. And travelling abroad is not the final call, it might just be part of the building process.

5 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by byworld(m): 11:24am On Dec 29, 2014
Gooci:
Op is right...... bt for those criticizing those that are travelling out, pls dont angry imagine doing business with 500k in Nigeria nd doing business with 500k from dubai to nigeria undecided. I know it all depends on the grave of God, but m sure business of 500k from dubai to nigeria will pays better than 500k nigeria-nigeria business. I av many people in dubai doing security jobs and they are doing fine. Where i work in NIgeria(bsc), i earn 45k/month, nd those i met there, they av there for 4yrs, they are on 75k. we work 9hrs/day(9am-6pm), monday to saturday. you leave yur house 4-5am, get back home 9-10pm(roughly 16hrs/day), isnt this slavery my bro nd sis, starting with security job that can earn you 70+ above in uae(e.g dubai) is good, with the opportunity of doing business from there back home.

the truth of the matter is even in Nigeria, they come to enslave us with bullshit salaries, if yu can work here in nigeria, leave yur house 5am, get back home 9-10pm, yu shld survive the stress in uae too, though i know changing jobs isnt easy in uae. Yeah, there are some good jobs in Nigeria, some peple have been on 40-70k job here in Nigeria for close to 8yrs with the hope of getting a better one and they are still hoping.

my advice to people going is that, dnt leave on salary alone, there are so many businesses to venture into from there. If you av the opportunity to port out of the country, try to use, shine yur eye by porting well nd pary for blessings from God.
another gr8 write up from you. Just wondering wat business you can invest #500k into, I mean in Nigeria of today, I don't see wat is bad in starting up with security guard job here in uae with only ya ssce or even non so far u can pass your DPS( Dubai police training exam) den along d way your bsc or master degree can fetch u a better offer. More over u can start up a business in nigeria from Dubai if u av a trustworthy member in ya family. So to my own opinion for dos shouting here dat de prefer to stay in nigeria #500k, a security guard in Dubai dat also establish a business down in nigeria is far better than u in many ways

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Fearless Russian Lady Goes Fishing In A Tiny Boat With Giant Brown Bear (Photos) / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.