Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This (92015 Views)

5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... / Dubai Banks Reportedly Closing Accounts Of Nigerian Politicians In The UAE / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by esosa4real(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
byworld:
but I like to remember u also dat, dre are many Nigerians with bsc holder dat were jobless for d past 6yrs nd many end up as a cab or bike rider....I only av ssce with me nd am earning 2400dirams per month with free accommodation with transport, 2 months salary bonus every 2yrs plus free ticket to ur home country to nd fro....ma monthly salary for dis security guard is #118,000 with ssce, can you get such offer in Nigeria?

Ehen with ssce?? Bros talk true ooh! Make u nor mislead some Nigerians here! What job specifically r u do? Except u had some technical trianing/experience here in naija.......Please jux reply to clear the air!
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by esosa4real(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2014
justwise:

Are we still talking about Nigeria here? We enjoy freedom of speech in Nigeria? Can i have you travel to any state in the north to condemn or protest against Boko Haram? Can you walk in to your local govt with placard to protest about corruption?

Hahaha......u actually jux spoke the REAL HARD TRUTH, we kip deceiving ourselves dat all is well here, when it's not...truth is we r jux coping in Nigeria jawe!!

Abeg I be doctor o, and wanna work in middle east, jux 4 stepping stone, still can't get the right links to dubai or saudi...hmmm!! @justwise u get any info? my brodaaaa!
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by toseen29: 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nice topic, great work OP.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by MagicEmpire: 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
You are probably speaking from first hand experience.
All you said are true and so on point.
When i was coming over to the UAE immediately after service and with little experience i got while schooling and working, i was filled with high hopes when i realised that not matter all your experiences, with a Gulf experience you are as good as a Novice.
Anyway, i took up the available job but hoping to change course soon.
You forgot to mention you are under contract to your sponsor for a certain number of years too.
PEACE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by ceekay247: 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nice article bro.
If one can save 500k in Nigeria with or without employment, why the running out of the country for another peanut.
Wise-up Niger!
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Samoranopapa(m): 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
All what u have written is real,even a person of mine that is working there as a stylist is earning 1000Dhs.
Another issue is if you fall on a wrong hand person,they will just leave u to face it all alone, your date of stay will lapse and u will also be force to return back to Nigeria and back to square one finding another money to renew the visa.
saying this from what av seen not heard
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by drizzy009: 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
JakeII:

First, I will like to ask, if you don't mind, what job exactly?. The reasons : 1. for a job that an employer will offer a Family status( by the fact that visa will be granted to spouse also), it must be a position in management, engineering or admin cadre and such salary is a bit too low for such category. 2. Is accommodation and transportation allowances included in the offer or the salary is $2,500 all inclusive? If not so It's either this is a scam or your brother is being cheated. In the first place, the minimum salary that can make any employer grant a spouse visa in Qatar is Qr10,000 while the $2500 offered, is about Qr9,000. If you are sure of this,(not a scam) then let your brother ensure that the company takes care of his accommodation. Renting a fairly okay 2BD Flat costs nothing less that Qr4000-4,500. Also, let him ask about transportation, if the company will be responsible for it 'cos transportation is quite expensive in Qatar. These are just the few things, out of many, to let you know that the salary is good but too small for anyone coming with wife. (In my opinion)
a service advisor I think
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Skillfullulu(m): 8:31am On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=jidezubair post=29293693][/quote]but some guy told me visa is 50k and flight is 110k.
How is weather there?
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Emmanuel602(m): 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
This is the kind of post that makes me addicted to NAIRALAND
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by alakare(m): 11:43am On Dec 31, 2014
starlingleanets:
Na dis naija i go live and die.
and you will die with a poverty uae in my mind till eternity
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by goldmine(f): 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
This is a real eye-opener. I'm curious though, does the same fate still befall professionals like Doctors,Engineers,etc with experience here in Nigeria? What about Nigerians who study there? I want to believe they have better opportunities for good jobs than those who leave here in search of greener pastures.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
alakare:

and you will die with a poverty uae in my mind till eternity
Bro Heaven and Earth knows i'm Blessed.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by samtol4(m): 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
seunoni34:

Only hopeless people travel out of nigeria for "greener pastures".
You can make it here if you are smart enough.
Myopic mindset! Have you not seen many smart people jobless and begging for daily bread?No offense your mindset sound archaic
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by 1dafubabs(m): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
Its not easy everywhere but I would like to say Dubai is not as bad as some pple illustrate the job, to achieved without great effort it all depend on your agent. you must ask, read and know your agreement with the company. with 350k or lesser than that should be able to cover work permit but NO PLACE LIKE HOME !!!
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by seunoni34(m): 9:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
samtol4:
Myopic mindset! Have you not seen many smart people jobless and begging for daily bread?No offense your mindset sound archaic
Why are you so pained? Guess you're one of them loool
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Teeboy22(m): 11:27am On Jan 04, 2015
sheriph:

Not okay bro. because he will be under their sponsorship for 2years, therefore he will earn 2500qr (120k) for 2years., it is only okay if he is on free visa because he will get another offer when on free visa.
it's 2000usdollars nt 2000qr

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by gloryl(f): 5:32am On Jan 12, 2015
nestaolive:
Your write up is on point but I beg to differ in terms of Qatar. I work in Qatar as an Engineer presently and I must say that Nigerians are beginning to do very well for themselves although most of them are security and cab drivers but Quite a number of us are in the Engineering field. My only advise is when u are getting a visa frm an agent in Nigeria. Make sure and make sure it's not a labourer visa

Really now?? Neva knew you re an engineer...wow that's interesting grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 12, 2015
@gloryl. Yes he is an engineer here. He helped me with a job when I was stranded
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by prupru(m): 11:44am On Jan 12, 2015
I finish Btech mechanical engineering in south africa ,can i get a good chance in uae and i also have some quality certification in quality and welding and ndt experience. Please how do i go about it,any help will be much appreciated
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Horlardorjah(m): 5:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
Please n please don't refer me to previous posts. I'm an hnd graduate in architecture waiting to be called for nysc come may,which means I only have my ond n hnd result. No nysc cert. I also intend going to Qatar or uae(dubai). What chances do I have, 2) how much will it cost me to process a 2yrs document. Thanks n God bless.
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 14, 2015
@horlar.
pls be careful because many agents are here to deceive you. A lot of people are here in Qatar with rubbish visa and they can't even work

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by credibleGod(m): 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
you are right @ op
I exited to Kenya for visa change ,I now av rest of mind,I started working with my ssce here in Dubai ,I earn 2400 aed(about 118k) as a security guard before I had an insight on nebosh course ,I did the program and God uplifted my status from big to biggest

3 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by yehmy(m): 10:14am On Jan 21, 2015
credibleGod:
you are right @ op
I exited to Kenya for visa change ,I now av rest of mind,I started working with my ssce here in Dubai ,I earn 2400 aed(about 118k) as a security guard before I had an insight on nebosh course ,I did the program and God uplifted my status from big to biggest
please a friend of mine is in dubai and he told me i only need 270,000naira to come over and he will help me get a job within a month. how true is this?

1 Like

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Boriqua(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2015
yehmy:
please a friend of mine is in dubai and he told me i only need 270,000naira to come over and he will help me get a job within a month. how true is this?

Yes it is very true, it is always better to have somebody there planing your itenaries!
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by credibleGod(m): 1:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
yehmy:
he might be right somehow or wrong ,
sincerely,Dubai visa is not a big deal but is the job hunt that matters,but if he is a God fearing and sincere person that will assist you then he might be right,because to my own analysis you need more than 270000

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by yehmy(m): 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
credibleGod:

he might be right somehow or wrong ,
sincerely,Dubai visa is not a big deal but is the job hunt that matters,but if he is a God fearing and sincere person that will assist you then he might be right,because to my own analysis you need more than 270000
what is ur own total estimation, please
Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by credibleGod(m): 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
yehmy:
what is ur own total estimation, please

my own estimate;

2 months extendable visa :120k

flight ticket (must be to and fro for tourist visas) 115-140k depending on d airline

bedspace 25-35k per month

job hunt expenses, feeding 100k

2 Likes

Re: Before You Travel To The Uae In Search Of Jobs – Read This by Gooci(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
credibleGod:

my own estimate;

2 months extendable visa :120k

flight ticket (must be to and fro for tourist visas) 115-140k depending on d airline

bedspace 25-35k per month

job hunt expenses, feeding 100k

Yur analysis is very good

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING / Fearless Russian Lady Goes Fishing In A Tiny Boat With Giant Brown Bear (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.