Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. (1896 Views)

Father To His Son Advice. / First Son Named After Wife's First Love. / Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest? (2) (3) (4)

A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by misreal(m): 7:45am On Dec 29, 2014
his dad buys him a laptop.due to financial constraint,it wasn't a laptop of his choice..its now his yo under brothers turn to have a laptop.he now demands that the new laptop should be given to him and the old one,given to his younger brother.his dad refused because he feels its cheating,seeing that they are both from the same parents and has equal rights.believing the younger son should not be subjected to using already used stuff of his elder brother..in my opinion,their dad is right even though his first son's argument is logical...what is your opinion??
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by misreal(m): 7:50am On Dec 29, 2014
advice needed pls :'
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by freshness2020: 8:07am On Dec 29, 2014
Did he tell him (father) the type of laptop he wanted before he got it for the"said elder brother". If not let him keep enjoying his old laptop!
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by misreal(m): 8:09am On Dec 29, 2014
freshness2020:
Did he tell him (father) the type of laptop he wanted before he got it for the"said elder brother". If not let him keep enjoying his old laptop!
he was given the money to buy it himself.
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by freshness2020: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2014
misreal:
he was given the money to buy it himself.
♈όϋ mean the younger brother?
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by misreal(m): 8:13am On Dec 29, 2014
freshness2020:

♈όϋ mean the younger brother?
nope..the money was handed over to the older brother.
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2014
Doesnt the laptop work or do what is required?
I dont see what the problem is here.
How old is the guy?
If he is of age, then he can hustle to replace his own laptop since the parents even struggled to get him the laptop inthe first instance.

Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by freshness2020: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2014
misreal:
nope..the money was handed over to the older brother.
There is no need for any complaints! He went to the market himself and got what he wanted!
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by sweettease(f): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2014
I concur with the dad.
All these nigerian elder brothers and sisters, cheating us younger ones since 1700 undecided

Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by misreal(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2014
freshness2020:

There is no need for any complaints! He went to the market himself and got what he wanted!
hmmmmm
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by sweettease(f): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2014
chaircover:
How old is the guy?
If he is of age, then he can hustle to replace his own laptop since the parents even struggled to get him the laptop inthe first instance.
Bless you
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by Chizzy20(f): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2014
The older brother should nt use d fact dat he is d senior to intimidate his younger bro, dey all ve equal right nd kudos to d Dad he is very right.
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by jaybee3(m): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2014
sweettease:

Bless you
Received

Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 29, 2014
jaybee3:

Received

Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by An0nimus: 9:12am On Dec 29, 2014
misreal:
his dad buys him a laptop.due to financial constraint,it wasn't a laptop of his choice..its now his yo under brothers turn to have a laptop.he now demands that the new laptop should be given to him and the old one,given to his younger brother.his dad refused because he feels its cheating,seeing that they are both from the same parents and has equal rights.believing the younger son should not be subjected to using already used stuff of his elder brother..in my opinion,their dad is right even though his first son's argument is logical...what is your opinion??

The first son's argument is dumb and not logical. He is just being selfish. These are the type of brothers that go extremely jealous when their siblings do better in life. smh

Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by misreal(m): 9:14am On Dec 29, 2014
An0nimus:

The first son's argument is dumb and not logical. He is just being selfish. These are the type of brothers that go extremely jealous when their siblings do better in life. smh
hmmmmmmmmm...what's the essence of the share button.?
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by jaybee3(m): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2014
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by Pavore9: 9:20am On Dec 29, 2014
He even has a father who gave him money for a laptop, he should step into the street and see his age mates struggling with life....l feel like giving him an e-slap!
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 29, 2014

Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by Ewuro4: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2014
CC and Jaybee .. E ba ara yin da segbe kan Jo angry

Op you should be ashamed of yourself, agbaya. now get off your crusty bottom to computer village and get Accer for your younger bro- it's touchscreen too tongue

Good job Daddy. grin
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2014
Ewuro4:
CC and Jaybee .. E ba ara yin da segbe kan Jo angry

Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by mutter(f): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2014
The senior brother is wrong.

A lap top is a personal thing that contains allot of stuff you download. You don`t need to give it to someone else.

There is a joy attached to having something new.

The younger one is likely tog get a better deal because technology improves and gets cheaper. So he cannot compare.

It is wrong and sad that he does not want his junior to have a good thing.

I remember when i was young my father bough 7 dresses on a trip he made. My senior picked the first four and left me with three. I went to my father to compplain, he said I had no right she was older. I pleaded and cried for over an hour. Finally convinced him that he should just look at what my sister picked and what she left for me. I just wanted him to look and not even comment. He finally agreed. When he saw it he got very angry with my sister and told her she was very mean. She really picked the very best, two skirt suits and two dresses and left me with two simple dresses. My father made her share it again , how I wanted it. She picks one, I pick one.... Seniors can be mean !

Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by SAMBARRY: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2014
chaircover:
How old is the guy?
gbam lobatan

cc has said it all
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by misreal(m): 9:30am On Dec 29, 2014
but what is really wrong with asking for a new thing.
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by SAMBARRY: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=chaircover post=29297342][/quote] cc tell your musu to close its mouth na grin grin

abi why is it looking ferocious like that grin grin
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by sweettease(f): 9:36am On Dec 29, 2014
jaybee3:

Received

Jaybee3 grin
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by Ewuro4: 9:42am On Dec 29, 2014
misreal:
but what is really wrong with asking for a new thing.

So there's nothing wrong with your bro starting with used lappy? Hian these seniors sef. Diaris lipsrsealed
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by damiso(f): 10:21am On Dec 29, 2014
Big bro should chill na sebi he got new laptop why should he want to deprive his younger bro a new laptop too? We need to teach children to be content with what they have covetousness starts from lil things.Would he still not be using his laptop if his bro was not getting a new one?

Children will be children and as an egbon in my family I know you try to use your 'seniority' to chance your younger ones but I was quickly put straight by my parents.My parents taught me that I have a responsibility towards my younger ones to protect them, mentor them be there for them and in my case alot of times sacrifice for them.Seniority is not just about 'chancing'.
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by misreal(m): 11:33am On Dec 29, 2014
is this attitude common amongst seniors
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by Haywhymido(m): 11:39am On Dec 29, 2014
D senior brother get selfish brain. He is also a big fool
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by taryour(f): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Aunty chaircover and oga jaybee3 oga oo,this your cat fight nawa o. Aunty cc that cat look like ******* cat oo *winks*

@ op, am sure you are the elder brother in question,biko free your brother let him have his own new laptop oo. The one you are using presently might not be your brothers choice of laptop. And like someone posted above,you went to the market and got it yourself so why wanting to give it now

You are kinda selfish and not satisfied with what you have. Thank God for your own oo,some just pray to have a father or even one to buy them shoes but don't have the privilege.

And NO,not all elder brothers and sisters are like that.
Re: A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed.. by bukatyne(f): 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
sweettease:
I concur with the dad.
All these nigerian elder brothers and sisters, cheating us younger ones since 1700 undecided

People cheat those under or perceived to be under them

More Pre Wedding Pictures / Don't Help Her, Let Her Face The Consequence - Husband To His Wife / 8 Things That Happens When You Breastfeed Baby Boys